Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,961 Times in 6,599 Posts

Man, that dude from the Chi was garbage. Lecrae face was funny throughout the whole thing. Like no expression. The White dude was freestyling so I give him props on that. Even though he was better last week. I wonder did do the Thank God it's Friday/"Amen" song because Lecrae was on there. If this "Fakin" video is strong maybe it debut with the new video on this show. We'll see.
    New Video:Proceed With Caution Blog
    Gemstones Review" "2 piece like Chris Childs did to Kobe / Catch me in the corner store, quarters for Shinobi"Action Bronson

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ras For This Useful Post:

Zema (10-26-2012)

HCR Ole' Head
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,619 Times in 1,790 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KPfaREAL View Post
    I just can't believe that he compromises the Gospel by going to sleep at night. He should be on the grind 24/7 LITERALLY.
    OK... Omgoodess!! Why did u make me literally burst into → I mean, if I had been drinkin somethin, you would'a been buyin me a new pc. smh

HCR Ole' Head
    Thanks

Default ★★DSTV★★ CRAE JUDGiNG FREESTYLE FRIDAY

Click on the image to view the video:

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zema For This Useful Post:

TheNon-Rapper (10-27-2012)

Thanks

Try not to be too hard on Trademark. His heart is in the right place. He's just worried about Lecrae, and doesn't want to see him fall. Trademark, don't worry, I'm sure Lecrae has brothers keeping him accountable. And we really can't judge him for doing things like 106 and Park. You might not get it, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a purpose for it. But you gotta remember that we have freedom in Christ, and honestly Lecrae doesn't even need to have a higher purpose to be able to appear on BET if he wants.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by K3llogz View Post
    Dang Lecrae gotta feel uncomfortable as hell as they playin the "Amen" video while he waiting for the 2nd round of the freestle battle
    Oh the irony..

Thanks

There a vid of this somewhere?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,150 Times in 3,281 Posts

Trademark is young, I get that. However, ignoring dialogue, as he does the majority of the time, isn't something that will help anyone, especially him.

So, Trademark, I would start reading everyone's replies to you and actually engaging in the discussion. Some of the things you're concerned about have been discussed ad nauseum on this board, and it would be good if you searched and found out a few of the things that have been said about it. Also, realize that there are others who share your concerns. What do you do about them? That's the question. Just being concerned does nothing, but going beyond that to prayer and possible dialogue with Lecrae (and he has addressed a lot of what you keep bringing up in videos and interviews) are the best options. We chatter a lot on these message boards, but it accomplishes little in these types of situations.
    "First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions..."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Zema (10-27-2012)

HCR Ole' Head
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Trademark is young, I get that. However, ignoring dialogue, as he does the majority of the time, isn't something that will help anyone, especially him.

So, Trademark, I would start reading everyone's replies to you and actually engaging in the discussion. Some of the things you're concerned about have been discussed ad nauseum on this board, and it would be good if you searched and found out a few of the things that have been said about it. Also, realize that there are others who share your concerns. What do you do about them? That's the question. Just being concerned does nothing, but going beyond that to prayer and possible dialogue with Lecrae (and he has addressed a lot of what you keep bringing up in videos and interviews) are the best options. We chatter a lot on these message boards, but it accomplishes little in these types of situations.
    Thanks!

HCR Ole' Head
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lonehunter View Post
    There a vid of this somewhere?
    http://forum.holyculture.net/showthr...EESTYLE-FRIDAY

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Zema For This Useful Post:

lonehunter (10-27-2012)

HCR Ole' Head
    Thanks

Default ★★ViDEO★★ CRAE JUDGiNG FREESTYLE FRIDAY

Click on the image to view the video:

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zema For This Useful Post:

Chuksxp (10-27-2012), Donald Chavis (10-27-2012), E.Gordo (10-27-2012)

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

Couldn't him being on the show lead kids to find out what he's popular for and then lead....you get the point right?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to E.Gordo For This Useful Post:

Zema (10-27-2012)

Thanks

Trademark...Lecrae has issues to deal with, he's not squeaky clean. However, being on a secular show (there goes another needed modifier), is not one of them, if he's there to do what God's reps do whenever they're in the midst of unbelievers, then what's the beef?

I did not see the show because well, I don't have cable and I can care less about a godless show like 106 & Park and if I did peep it, it would be to know what other packages sin has been recycled to. What did Lecrae do as judge of a freestyle battle? Was the battles God glorifying or man glorifying? Did he make that difference? What was the point in him being there?
    In order to assume that Christian rap was created for Christian Rap fans, you must first assume that Christian rap fans preceded Christian rap, which is an impossibility.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by E.Gordo View Post
    Couldn't him being on the show lead kids to find out what he's popular for and then lead....you get the point right?
    Christians on here don't like to think like that unfortunately. If they can't see with their own eyes what's going on, it's gotta be looked at in a negative way.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KPfaREAL View Post
    Same thing with debating on message boards... right?
    Wait, are you saying that debating of a religious nature is just as useless as judging a secular freestyle battle? Apples and peanuts! From what I read, Trademark is just raising a valid question and concern. Mind you, Apollos debated with the intention to lead people to Christ (Acts 18:28). I'm not saying trademark is attempting to lead people to Christ here but bro, he's bringing up a valid question about the nature of what Lecrae was doing at the 106 & Park show.
    In order to assume that Christian rap was created for Christian Rap fans, you must first assume that Christian rap fans preceded Christian rap, which is an impossibility.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by E.Gordo View Post
    I don't think it's about being on a secular show. I think Trademark was very clear, "[I]s it real wise to go on a secular show like 106 & judge a secular freestyle ? If Crae doesn't mention JESUS, is his actions even justified ?." Those are questions that deserve a straight answer. You comment sounds like typical grabbing for straws. Why not big up what is surely a means of leading people to Christ rather than magnifying a means that is uncertain?

Trademark's question concerned wisdom. We have a whole book dedicated to wisdom in the Bible which contrasts what is wise and what is foolish. If the Bible can dedicate a whole book to raising up questions about the wisdom of something then surely Trademark can be on a message board asking about wether being on a secular show judging secular freestyle battles is wise, if indeed you're representing Christ and His kingdom.
    Last edited by HigherThought; 10-27-2012 at 01:17 PM.

HCR Familia
    Thanks

I dont understand a majority of the people on this message board, seriously. I get the feeling that most people assume that Lecrae does NOT have any accountability in his life, as if dude is on an island making decisions with zero influence and no help. Of all the platforms for a Christian artists to be on, I'm glad it's Lecrae and not anybody else, personally. Have you guys forgotten the fact that dude is one the biggest pushers of Christian accountability in our scene? Have you forgotten that when he says he roles with a clique -- he's actually rolling with a Christian group of guys around him who are pushing/challenging him to be a faithful Christian?

Honestly, Im annoyed at all these Lecrae posts, because they assume. That's all they do.. it's conjecture, it's vain discussion of probability and "odds are" thoughts. Waste of time. So what if dude is on a platform that the "secular scene" acknowledges: yes, pride is always a problem. That can be said about any platform. But why is there this sincere feeling that Lecrae might "stray", or "fall away" and such and such. Dude isn't an island. He's led by the Spirit, lives in community, and stands firm on the bible. Ya'll need to grow up, man. Sorry for the vent - really I am. I just don't understand why all of his decisions are scrutinized all the time...

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mstrom For This Useful Post:

Apex (10-27-2012), mr808 (10-27-2012), samson (10-27-2012), Zema (10-27-2012)

Thanks

Default Lecrae and Gemstones to do record!

Glad he finally getting a major colab with someone in CHH. Dude mad talented other than Swoope, Eshon, CGray, and maybe a few others I cant think of any other rappers in CHH that would be close to being in the same echelon as Stones is as far pure talent is concerned. I hope more artist reach out to work with this dude. I would personally love to hear a Swoope and Stones record.

http://thecomeupshow.com/2012/10/26/...mplish-part-4/

I enjoy anytime I can hear a good ABAB pattern

25. The Following User Says Thank You to llawliet For This Useful Post:

Zema (10-27-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mstrom View Post
    I dont understand a majority of the people on this message board, seriously. I get the feeling that most people assume that Lecrae does NOT have any accountability in his life, as if dude is on an island making decisions with zero influence and no help.
    What make you say that? That was from left field. Why would anyone assume that? Mind you, having accountability only means something if you have the right accountability. If Lecrae's accountability was the people on this message board, how would that impact his decision of being a judge of secular rap battles other than giving him the green light? Trademark is not asking about his decision process but about his actions. Was it wise or not?

Of all the platforms for a Christian artists to be on, I'm glad it's Lecrae and not anybody else, personally. Have you guys forgotten the fact that dude is one the biggest pushers of Christian accountability in our scene? Have you forgotten that when he says he roles with a clique -- he's actually rolling with a Christian group of guys around him who are pushing/challenging him to be a faithful Christian?

Honestly, Im annoyed at all these Lecrae posts, because they assume. That's all they do.. it's conjecture, it's vain discussion of probability and "odds are" thoughts. Waste of time. So what if dude is on a platform that the "secular scene" acknowledges: yes, pride is always a problem. That can be said about any platform. But why is there this sincere feeling that Lecrae might "stray", or "fall away" and such and such. Dude isn't an island. He's led by the Spirit, lives in community, and stands firm on the bible. Ya'll need to grow up, man. Sorry for the vent - really I am. I just don't understand why all of his decisions are scrutinized all the time...
    You better thank people who scrutinize, even though that's not what people are doing on here, because without them, we would have false doctrine and teachers today by the 10th power. It was scrutinizers like Luther and the likes who saved the Christian Church from moral and doctrinal ruin. But again, no one is questioning Lecrae's thought process or his community. trademark is asking about an action. Was it wise or unwise?

HCR Ole' Head
    Thanks

I dont understand a majority of the people on this message board, seriously. I get the feeling that most people assume that Lecrae does NOT have any accountability in his life, as if dude is on an island making decisions with zero influence and no help. Of all the platforms for a Christian artists to be on, I'm glad it's Lecrae and not anybody else, personally. Have you guys forgotten the fact that dude is one the biggest pushers of Christian accountability in our scene? Have you forgotten that when he says he roles with a clique -- he's actually rolling with a Christian group of guys around him who are pushing/challenging him to be a faithful Christian?

Thought it was just me. smh

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

Woohoo!

Thread Information