Widgets Magazine
    Young Bol
    Thanks

Default Greetings from Harun Hassan

Greetings to all,

My name is Harun Hassan, also known as Aron Befekadu, and Aaron Shannon. I have three names in order to identify with the Islamic world, Ethiopians, and Americans. I am 25 years old (soon to be 26) and I live in Minneapolis, Minnestoa. I am a white American. My grandfather is from Ireland and my grandmother is from Hawaii. I go to Bethlehem Baptist Church which is the Reformed church with Pastor John Piper. I myself am Reformed in my theology and have been so since the summer of 2008.

The Father elected me to salvation before the foundation of the world and Christ died for my sins roughly two thousand years ago, and the Holy Spirit awaked my spirit and gave me a new heart at the appointed time in my life which was back in April of 2003. I have been called by the Holy Father to bring the gospel to the Somali people, which in case you don't know, is the Muslim country on the coast of East Africa. God has appointed me to take the Reformed faith to Somalis wherever they are at, which begins here in Minneapolis, home to the largest Somali population in the United States of America.

I work at Boston Scientific, a medical company, where I have been at since October of 2004. I am not in school and have no plans to go back for any major degrees. I do hope to take some classes on Hebrew and Greek. I did go to school for E-Commerce which is the exchange of business and services over the Internet, and thus involves web site development and online marketing. I have no plans to get into anymore.

I am single and am not expecting to be married any time soon, if ever. My number one priority is to serve God in be His intrument in building the church in Somalia. If I do ever get married, my wife will probably be Ethiopian or Somali. God's will be done.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Harun Hassan For This Useful Post:

mzsoulll (09-14-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 643 Posts

Welcome Harun!!

Thread Information