Widgets Magazine
    Thanks

Default Job Drama/ Discord at Work

That is drama at my job (not Job from the book of Job. lol)

Here it goes. God was begun to show me (well... the truth is He showed me a looooong time ago. I just wasn't listening until now) that I need to leave. It has gotten to the point where the environment at my job is changing me rather than me changing the environment.

Let me back pedel a little...

I took this job at a youth residential facility over a year ago. I took the job with the promise that they would pay for my graduate school. Now did I pray about it? Yes. Did I fervently pray? ... No. I prayed and didn't really here God, so I went by my own judgement rather then waiting on God. So it is safe to say that I was disobedient by taking my job in the first place.

So I get to the job and immediately within the first month of being there, I realize that it is the worst structured and most negative work environment that I have ever been at. But do I leave?.... NO!! Ofcourse not, because I want to stick it out for my tuition reimbursement. So, I get my mid-term evaluation back and it comes back stating that I have fulfilled everything that is required and am meeting all of the standards that my position asks of me. So, I think to myself cool, everything is gravy. Until I get my 6 month evaluation back and my supervisors are telling me that my probation will get extended another 6 months. Why? I still to this day, do not exactly know why. I brought up my position responsibilities, stating that I had fulfilled my job and I also brought up my mid-term evaluation which proved it. What did they have to say about that? Something completely subjective and based on my personality and how they didn't like how I responded to certain situations even though I was following policy. hmmm... Anyway. I huff and puff, but do I leave? Ofcourse not!! I still want that tuition reimbursement. So it comes time for me to apply for grad school and also apply for tuition reimbursement. So do I get the tuition reimbursement? No, ofcourse not, since I am still on probation. So the first semester, I find myself flipping the bill in the hope that I will get tuition reimbursement next semester.

So that brings me to where I am at now... I have found my personality changing at work and being affected by the environment. I have cursed a few times, which up to that point I hadn't cursed in about 4 years. This most recently happened Monday night when an adolescent was being oppositional and waving his hands in front of my face (mind you the kids that I work with are the size of adults and this kid was actually bigger than me). I prompt him to stop, but he keeps doing it (mind you if someone his size did that to someone on the street, he would get hurt) so my anger and frustration builds and reaches it's limit. I grab his hands away from my face and push him out of my personal space, cursing "Get the 'F' outta my face".

So it's like this. What I am truly dealing with is the consequence of my disobedience for even taking this job. Please pray for guidance and direction on a new job and my endurance for the remainder of my stay at my current job.

Thanks Fam.

Thanks

praying for you
    You have multiplied, O Lord my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them,
    yet they are more than can be told. Psalm 40:5

Thanks

MOs def praying with you fam. Don't wait till you break to move on, fast pray and anything else that you need to do to get into God's heart so that you can clearly see where you are being directed.
    Items expressed within posts are my own and may not agree with HCR's other writers/poster, my employer(s) past or present, friends, or family | antoinerjwright.com | What is MMM? | I kill threads

Thanks

been here plenty times, praying for you about it. i'm still suffering consequences of some job related stuff i did on my own a couple years back, but God has graciously promoted me where i am. so be assured that He will work it out

Thanks

I will pray for u fam.

Young Bol
    Thanks

Hey no prob Bro, just said a prayer.
    "Run in that jawn like Jesus and start flipping tables CUZZO." < shekinahsmoke

Thread Information