PDA

View Full Version : Let me formally introduce myself

JustinR
05-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Hey wasup HCR I joined some days ago but I havn't formally introduced myself to anyone... My name is Justin Rivaldo and I am originally from Rochester, New York who now resides in Queens, New York doing a summer internship with N.Y.S.U.M. (New York School of Urban Ministry) and plan on moving here eventually. I'm 21 and I attend a Bible School upstate near Rochester and I finish up my last semester this fall! I am not married but I aspire to be someday and I love music, learning, singing, reading, preaching, chillen, etc. Basically said, I like to have fun in the Lord but get serious when I have to :smile:

I have been reading a lot of posts, more than I have actually posted of course and I have learned SO much in such a short time, or I have gathered much clarity on already pending topics brewing in my dome and for that I thank you guys! I am looking forward to the many internet relationships and those whom I have already met plus the one dude who I personally know lol. Thank you for providing this forum, it helps a broke dude like myself learn a little more when he can't get books! lol

As a prayer request I would ask for prayer in the area of stability and finance because things are all over the place back at home and where I'm at but I know God is in control! I thank God for you guys! I'm out!

KPfaREAL
05-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Welcome brother.

FollowerOfChrist1
05-22-2009, 01:58 PM
:wubclub:

Welcome :).

simply seth
05-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Bienvenidos :GEEK:

When you get back to Roc City .. hollerate.

JustinR
05-22-2009, 02:27 PM
Bienvenidos :GEEK:

When you get back to Roc City .. hollerate.

Oh yes definitely bro I come back Mid august for like a week but then I go back to school for RA training :(. Me you and hopefully Deadman can get up!

BondServant
05-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Thank you for providing this forum, it helps a broke dude like myself learn a little more when he can't get books! lol

Dude...I can show you all kinds of ways to get free books. What topic do you want to dig into? Whether it's Apologetics (you said you're into that), Man and Salvation, Eschatology, you name it...it's on the web. All you need is a computer, a flash drive and patience.

Welcome to the Board

JustinR
05-22-2009, 03:39 PM
Dude...I can show you all kinds of ways to get free books. What topic do you want to dig into? Whether it's Apologetics (you said you're into that), Man and Salvation, Eschatology, you name it...it's on the web. All you need is a computer, a flash drive and patience.

Welcome to the Board

Oh boy oh boy where do I start? As you said I do want to get deeper on Apologetics... but also Eternal Security (salvation), Grace, Covenant Theology (very new to me), and something on mans responsibility meshed with God's sovereignty? So yea bro I appreciate the kindness and would LOVE to be directed to some books! The articles are cool and help me but if there's free books that would be perfect! Thank you!

BondServant
05-22-2009, 03:47 PM
Oh boy oh boy where do I start? As you said I do want to get deeper on Apologetics... but also Eternal Security (salvation), Grace, Covenant Theology (very new to me), and something on mans responsibility meshed with God's sovereignty? So yea bro I appreciate the kindness and would LOVE to be directed to some books! The articles are cool and help me but if there's free books that would be perfect! Thank you!

This should do for now

http://ntslibrary.com/Christian-PDF-Books.htm

You can search all the subjects you want. Vincent Cheung is a dope apologist in my opinion. You can visit his website and get a ton of stuff for free. http://www.vincentcheung.com/

Just so you know...for the whole meshing of man's responsibility and YHWH's sovereignty...I'm a determinist. So the things I recommend are going to be from that understanding. Most on here don't go as far as I go with YHWH's sovereignty....so I'm just forewarning you.

JustinR
05-22-2009, 03:59 PM
This should do for now

http://ntslibrary.com/Christian-PDF-Books.htm

You can search all the subjects you want. Vincent Cheung is a dope apologist in my opinion. You can visit his website and get a ton of stuff for free. http://www.vincentcheung.com/

Just so you know...for the whole meshing of man's responsibility and YHWH's sovereignty...I'm a determinist. So the things I recommend are going to be from that understanding. Most on here don't go as far as I go with YHWH's sovereignty....so I'm just forewarning you.

Thanks bro I'm going to definitely bookmark those pages!

eternal
05-22-2009, 04:20 PM
welcome to the boards bro! Great to have you around

albraggs
05-22-2009, 11:33 PM
welcome fam:smile:

B Blessed
05-23-2009, 09:23 AM
Welcome to the family.