PDA

View Full Version : I need advice

albraggs
10-24-2006, 10:44 PM
Being a high school senior is exciting year, but also can be stressing. I have college applications to feel out, SAT’s, and applying for scholarships. Then there is the prom. And to be honest I don’t want to go to prom but my mom and everybody else want me to. My family thinks that I will miss out on high school and that I will regret not going to school dances. But I really don’t want to go. I don’t see why I have to; I don’t want to dance to the music they will be playing. I would feel uncomfortable dancing the way some people dance. The dances they do are not even dancing. Am I wrong for not wanting to go? I have been to dances before and after I leave a party, I feel bad. I feel like I should have not even gone to the party in the frist place. I get a bad feeling in my stomach.

ur sis in christ
Asia

Brian
10-24-2006, 10:47 PM
Being a high school senior is exciting year, but also can be stressing. I have college applications to feel out, SATís, and applying for scholarships. Then there is the prom. And to be honest I donít want to go to prom but my mom and everybody else want me to. My family thinks that I will miss out on high school and that I will regret not going to school dances. But I really donít want to go. I donít see why I have to; I donít want to dance to the music they will be playing. I would feel uncomfortable dancing the way some people dance. The dances they do are not even dancing. Am I wrong for not wanting to go? I have been to dances before and after I leave a party, I feel bad. I feel like I should have not even gone to the party in the frist place. I get a bad feeling in my stomach.

ur sis in christ
Asia

Nah, it aint wrong to feel the way you do... you do you and keep on serving God.

LifeInReturn
10-24-2006, 10:58 PM
Be the light that you are, lil sis. Do you. If you do not feel comfortable, don't go. You aren't missing much. If it sits wrongly w/you afterwards, chances are it's not something you should be doing.

Shock~Therapy
10-24-2006, 11:06 PM
Nah, it aint wrong to feel the way you do... you do you and keep on serving God.
Basically. Don't be moved or swayed by the opinions of others including those of your own family. You know what is right in this scenario, so stand firm in your beliefs.

Enlighten
10-24-2006, 11:07 PM
Gurl Stand for the truth, I didnt want to hear the music that was at the dance when I was a senior but I did go 2 prom and in the hindsight it wasnt all that really.

Brian
10-24-2006, 11:23 PM
Gurl Stand for the truth, I didnt want to hear the music that was at the dance when I was a senior but I did go 2 prom and in the hindsight it wasnt all that really.

Here here, prom was kinda wack...

naijagirl
10-24-2006, 11:27 PM
If you don't want to go, don't go. Seriously. But if you feel like you're missing out, I don't know what to say. I never had a prom, let alone a graduation, and coming over here, it feels like oh, I've missed an important part of my life. :(
But do what you want to do. Nasty parties...nuh-uh.

albraggs
10-24-2006, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the response my brothers and sisters in christ. I really don't have a choice my mom wants me to go and thats, thats. I don't have a choice. I wondering is there anything I could say to my mom to make her understand why I don't want to go. But she does not want to hear me.

Enlighten
10-25-2006, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the response my brothers and sisters in christ. I really don't have a choice my mom wants me to go and thats, thats. I don't have a choice. I wondering is there anything I could say to my mom to make her understand why I don't want to go. But she does not want to hear me.

Sounds like your mom is trying to live through you.

Shock~Therapy
10-25-2006, 12:14 AM
Hmmm... I would say just let her know how you truly feel and that you would appreciate it if she respects your stance in this situation. Come to her in love while saying this. I believe that once she recognizes just how important it is to you that you do not go that she will concede to your decision.

Psalmist
10-25-2006, 07:39 AM
Being a high school senior is exciting year, but also can be stressing. I have college applications to feel out, SATís, and applying for scholarships. Then there is the prom. And to be honest I donít want to go to prom but my mom and everybody else want me to. My family thinks that I will miss out on high school and that I will regret not going to school dances. But I really donít want to go. I donít see why I have to; I donít want to dance to the music they will be playing. I would feel uncomfortable dancing the way some people dance. The dances they do are not even dancing. Am I wrong for not wanting to go? I have been to dances before and after I leave a party, I feel bad. I feel like I should have not even gone to the party in the frist place. I get a bad feeling in my stomach.

ur sis in christ
Asia
don't go...I didn't go to mine and I don't regret it at all.

J Hoyt
10-25-2006, 09:58 AM
If you don't want to go, don't go. Be as firm as you can on that. I didn't want to go to mine either. I did end up going for a good reason though.

sight giver
10-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Ok here is the solution...when is prom?..let me know..we will drive up..keep u out all night long and bring u back in the morning....coool

:D