PDA

View Full Version : Prosperity

ZestD
10-23-2006, 04:33 PM
Prosperity teaching, believing God wants all believers to have the finer things in life. Any thoughts on it? Pro or Con?

LaRosa
10-23-2006, 04:36 PM
yup, God wants all of us to have the finer things...

which is found SOLELY in Him :) His undying love for us

lj.

StreetSermonz
10-23-2006, 04:37 PM

lj.
yup.

ZestD
10-23-2006, 04:38 PM

lj.
Buzzkill!

Ah man, I was just trying to get people riled up. Thanks for being a wet blanket. :D

jeyjey34
10-23-2006, 04:39 PM
We discussed this like last week or a few weeks ago.

In 2 Timothy, the bible talks about how godliness with contentment is GREAT GAIN, and that I brought nothing in this world and can't take anything out of it. So, I DON'T NEED all of these MATERIAL things because as long as I have what I need, food, clothing, I can be content with that.

Also, Paul in Philippians talks about how he has learned that he can be content in any situation...whether he has a lot or whether he has little.

And that is NOT a Poor Mentality. :)

dremarshall
10-23-2006, 07:33 PM
Prosperity teaching, believing God wants all believers to have the finer things in life. Any thoughts on it? Pro or Con?

Before you go into this homie, you might want to define prosperity properly, and also know what these "WOF" churches are teaching right now. having the finer things in life is NOT the message of prosperity. Bill Gates is a billionaire but has a terminal illness, he is not considered prosperous. Don't be a follower be a leader.

Psalmist
10-24-2006, 06:17 AM
Ummm....heres something to think on....I haven't found all the scripture to support this yet, but when I'm done I might be able to show you'll.

Basic thought is when God was only dealing w/ Israel (the family, not the nation) his promises to increase always dealt with the financial (family, land, herds, etc)...thats why some of the Jews are so prosperous.

However, when it came time to deal w/ the gentiles, he promises always dealt with things of the spiritual nature. I'm not saying that He won't take care of all our needs....b/c He will.....but perhaps the overwheling part of our blessing will be a spiritual one, not a financial one.

Just some thoughts....its just a theory right now....haven't had time to really study it yet.