PDA

View Full Version : How many of your spouses/fiance's HATE hcr?

savedbygracealone
10-23-2006, 11:45 AM
lol, just curious. (spawned from the seal-leaving thread)

Quiet storm
10-23-2006, 11:46 AM
Not mine but then again she likes what I like and hates what I hate. :) You see the smile of hers down below ;)

lisajames96

maybe it should be a poll...lol

savedbygracealone
i should've created a poll, darnit. lol oh well... :D

savedbygracealone
10-23-2006, 11:48 AM
hey qs did u hear that paul washer sermon on marriage?

Quiet storm
10-23-2006, 11:50 AM
hey qs did u hear that paul washer sermon on marriage?

naw my name is not Chris :).

Shirverlion
10-23-2006, 11:50 AM
Mine does. She questions how I can form friendships with people that I never met in person and just talk to on a computer. I told her, "I met you on the internet didn't I?" Then she gives me this real scary look and I apologize for getting smart only to mumble, "Yeah, I thought so" under my breath as she leaves the room.

Quiet storm
10-23-2006, 11:52 AM
I told her, "I met you on the internet didn't I?"

Computer love is such a beautiful thing. :)

Brinson
10-23-2006, 11:52 AM
people may spend too much time on her that interrupts family time.....

or when people talk about the HCR family too much the wife may think it is strange

eternal
10-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Mine just hates the compuer all together. Unless I am watching News, and then she is all over it herself. :confused: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

Aint that just like a woman?

KPfaREAL
10-23-2006, 12:02 PM
Me and the wife both have computers in the office and we spend time together up here on our seperate comps, so everything is all good.

lisajames96
10-23-2006, 12:11 PM
James still comes on here to listen to the shows and download mp3's. He just stays away from the forums. Unless I ask him to read something and tell me what he thinks(he will do it reluctantly). So he hates the HCR forums about as much as I hate when he spends hours on the internet with his fantasy teams or on fox sports:rolleyes:

jnorman888
10-23-2006, 01:21 PM

Why did Seal Leave? And why can't his wife come on HCR? We don't bite!!!

Oh well......He's M.I.A. again

Married in America

eve
10-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Not mine but then again she likes what I like and hates what I hate. :) You see the smile of hers down below ;)

hey, QS, i didn't know you were engaged! congratulations! (it's easy to miss stuff on this board). and, i agree with jolene ... please makes sure you listen to that paul washer serrmon on dating/marriage. it's biblical and perspective-changing. one of those things, when you're married, that you'll probably wish you'd listened to as part of your preparation for marriage.

but concerning this thread ... i think it's interesting how some spouses/fiances look at you all like you're crazy as if the web is a strange place. one the one hand, i can underastand because the world and communication has been changing sooo quickly. on the other, when you REALLY think about it, communication in and of itself (no matter what form) brings you very close to people. and then when we meet one another for the first time in person, it's like we've known each other since the first grade (chris, excelsius, thankfull, sightgiver, jolene, asia, seal, nubia7, and almost EVERYONE else on here knows exactly what i'm talking about). :)

Quiet storm
10-23-2006, 01:27 PM
hey, QS, i didn't know you were engaged! congratulations! (it's easy to miss stuff on this board).

Well to clear things up Im not engaged in the sense of me getting on one knee with an expensive ring on a beach saying "Baby Will You Marry Me". However I look at my relationship as an engagement cause the end result will be marriage or else I see no reason to even be in a relationship.

lisajames96
10-23-2006, 01:35 PM
Well to clear things up Im not engaged in the sense of me getting on one knee with an expensive ring on a beach saying "Baby Will You Marry Me". However I look at my relationship as an engagement cause the end result will be marriage or else I see no reason to even be in a relationship.

Good to hear(read)! http://smilieshq.com/smilies/happy0065.gif

TrueConvert
10-23-2006, 01:45 PM
Single Eye like HCR a lot! Praise God for that!!! He's gracious ain't He? :D

Single Eye
10-23-2006, 02:54 PM
Single Eye like HCR a lot! Praise God for that!!! He's gracious ain't He? :D

Yes, indeed That is an accurate statement for the PRESENT TIME...however, I was totally hatin HCR prior to my involvement :p LOL Yeah, it was the time-issue thing...must have incredible BALANCE to be a part of the fam here!!

3SpiritsEM
10-23-2006, 03:05 PM
James still comes on here to listen to the shows and download mp3's. He just stays away from the forums. Unless I ask him to read something and tell me what he thinks(he will do it reluctantly). So he hates the HCR forums about as much as I hate when he spends hours on the internet with his fantasy :rolleyes:

You let James spend hours and hours on the internet with his fantasies :eek:

lisajames96
10-23-2006, 03:19 PM
You let James spend hours and hours on the internet with his fantasies :eek:
:D Yes, he fantasizes about being an NBA player, a Steeler, or just having his 22 year old legs back...lol

3SpiritsEM
10-23-2006, 03:43 PM
:D Yes, he fantasizes about being an NBA player, a Steeler, or just having his 22 year old legs back...lol

Wicked me, my mine was thinking about those sinful kinds of fantasies. Tell James I apologizes. :o

Conviction Music
10-23-2006, 03:52 PM
Lol, good Topic

My wife doesnt want me on here when she wants to kick it. Fellas, yall know we gotta spend time with the wife First! Thats common sense. Plus, Happy Day, Happy Night :). She makes jokes about me dating HCR lol. I laugh, and get of the Pc. She hasnt been serious about me being on here as a problem because I keep her and the children First. When that order starts to shift its a problem.

Jeffr0cks
10-23-2006, 04:01 PM
don't really have a wife or spouse yet, but my "significant other" doesn't mind because she's on the boards too!! woo hoo! Now to get her playing tennis and video games with me... euhh.. still working on that

montenell
10-23-2006, 04:09 PM
my wife doesnt hate it, but she is not a fan, she get mad at me sometimes but its not a problem

CHRISTion
10-23-2006, 04:36 PM
Here's what Brittney said when i asked her:

I do think you spend quite a bit of time on Holy Culture Radio, but I think it's more of a positive thing than a negative. I'd rather know you are at home talking to friends who share common beliefs and are firm believers in God and Jesus Christ, rather than out in the streets, runnin w/ Niggs (LOL), and all of them tryin to holla at a bunch of females. So....if it makes you happy, then I have no problems with it. :)

Quiet storm
10-23-2006, 04:40 PM
rather than out in the streets, runnin w/ Niggs (LOL), and all of them tryin to holla at a bunch of females

So I assume you aint tell her about your trip to Maryland? ;)

Shirverlion
10-23-2006, 05:03 PM
Here's what Brittney said when i asked her:

I do think you spend quite a bit of time on Holy Culture Radio, but I think it's more of a positive thing than a negative. I'd rather know you are at home talking to friends who share common beliefs and are firm believers in God and Jesus Christ, rather than out in the streets, runnin w/ Niggs (LOL), and all of them tryin to holla at a bunch of females. So....if it makes you happy, then I have no problems with it. :)

You added that yourself. There's no way Britt said Niggs. She doesn't even talk like that. She probably said somethig like "hooligans" or "riff-raffs" but not Niggs.

CHRISTion
10-23-2006, 06:08 PM
So I assume you aint tell her about your trip to Maryland? ;)
ROFL-yeah, I left that part out

You added that yourself. There's no way Britt said Niggs. She doesn't even talk like that. She probably said somethig like "hooligans" or "riff-raffs" but not Niggs.On my momma blood, that is a word for word answer she gave (I added in the LOL). I'll fwd you the email if you'd like. Britt says "niggas" sometimes, but only in the negative sense :D (like, why the hell do you hang with niggas like Sam? :p )

Shirverlion
10-23-2006, 06:12 PM
ROFL-yeah, I left that part out

On my momma blood, that is a word for word answer she gave (I added in the LOL). I'll fwd you the email if you'd like. Britt says "niggas" sometimes, but only in the negative sense :D (like, why the hell do you hang with niggas like Sam? :p )

Now you did it. **cue scary music and ruffling bushes** Lifey's gonna get'chu now.

Quiet storm
10-23-2006, 06:14 PM
Now you did it. **cue scary music and ruffling bushes** Lifey's gonna get'chu now.

http://img50.photobucket.com/albums/v154/CeeCee73/Smilies/popcorn.gif

invisible man
10-23-2006, 06:27 PM
Doesn't interrupt family time because I only log on and post when I'm at work or at the college library for the most part.

Conviction Music
10-23-2006, 06:28 PM
http://img50.photobucket.com/albums/v154/CeeCee73/Smilies/popcorn.gif

http://www.alphasoup.org/iffi/thanxKerry.gif

mr808
10-23-2006, 08:44 PM

geesh, how many boyfriends do you have????

savedbygracealone
10-24-2006, 01:38 PM
what? :eek:

savedbygracealone
10-24-2006, 03:08 PM
lol i JUST got why you wrote that... i am SLOW. hehe. you knew what i meant! "which of you hcr folks's significant other's hate hcr?" :p