PDA

View Full Version : You Shall Not Commit Adultery.

Mauiboy
10-19-2006, 05:31 AM
I guess I'll start this topic again and hopefully you guys can give me some more input.

As I said, I am going over there for our college group Bible study at the University of Hawaii next Tuesday and am just wondering if you guys have any dope Biblical insight into this 7th Commandment. I've been doing much research, studying the Word, and praying but if you guys have anything to add then I know God can use that too!

What would you tell a group of college kids about the 7th commandment?

P.S.
if you can, please pray for me that God gives me grace, favor, wisdom, and conviction when delivering His Word. And most importantly, that he grants me brokenness to preach boldly, sincerely, and with all humility. Thanks fam! much love

Psalmist
10-19-2006, 06:39 AM
I guess I'll start this topic again and hopefully you guys can give me some more input.

As I said, I am going over there for our college group Bible study at the University of Hawaii next Tuesday and am just wondering if you guys have any dope Biblical insight into this 7th Commandment. I've been doing much research, studying the Word, and praying but if you guys have anything to add then I know God can use that too!

What would you tell a group of college kids about the 7th commandment?

P.S.
if you can, please pray for me that God gives me grace, favor, wisdom, and conviction when delivering His Word. And most importantly, that he grants me brokenness to preach boldly, sincerely, and with all humility. Thanks fam! much love
I would most definately mention adultery is more than a physical act, but a mental one. Adulteries of the heart occur for many every day....you gotta read the book "Every Man's Battle" to truly understand this topic. It opened my mind like whoa.

Now I'm steady bouncing my eyes, starving my eyes, setting up that perimeter of my mind, and protecting the heart. My love for my wife is growing, and Satan getting mad that I'm overcoming lust and adultery. Shoot last night he tried to attack me in my dreams, but praise God, I didn't fall or sin against Him or my wife through the attacks. My advise, get the book....it'll give you a lot of insight.

Btw...what ever happened to that concert you were planning in Hawaii...would still love to come out. Hit me on the email tip psalmist@fearofthedrum.com

vers
10-19-2006, 08:09 AM
dude straight up!! i would reiterate the importance of defilement.
if you sin against urself, its only you that is affected, but if u sin sexualy, in this case adultry, you defile two people, and looking at it from that perspective, from another persons perspective, u realise that u actualy have no right to do it. look at statutory rape, even if the minor agrees to it, still dont make it right.

i pray God give you all that he sees you need, n not what you think you need!
Grace n peace bruh
V

Psalmist
10-19-2006, 08:10 AM
if you sin against urself, its only you that is affected, but if u sin sexualy, in this case adultry, you defile two people, and looking at it from that perspective, from another persons perspective, u realise that u actualy have no right to do it. look at statutory rape, even if the minor agrees to it, still dont make it right.

Grace n peace bruh
V

agreed!

djHeir
03-04-2009, 05:46 PM

Grace n peace bruh
V
I agree....Thanks for posting this :)

JARZJR
03-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Word... As people have stated before, open up the seventh commandment till it condemns everyone... Jesus broke it down in Matt 5...

Mat 5:27 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall not commit adultery.'
Mat 5:28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
Mat 5:29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell.
Mat 5:30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

Gods law is so crucial in bringing all men under condemnnation so that they can see their need for a savior...

iron_jae
03-05-2009, 03:06 AM
Word... As people have stated before, open up the seventh commandment till it condemns everyone... Jesus broke it down in Matt 5...

Mat 5:28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
Mat 5:29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell.
Mat 5:30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

Gods law is so crucial in bringing all men under condemnnation so that they can see their need for a savior...

I would add...

Job 31

1 "I made a covenant with my eyes
not to look lustfully at a girl.

Epigone
03-05-2009, 04:20 AM

This sparks a question in my mind that I've had for awhile. On what basis do we extend this verse to unmarried men?

Doktrine
03-05-2009, 12:14 PM
A really good resource is a book by Joshua Harris called "Not Even A Hint". It deals with sexual purity. He recently renamed the book and it is now called "Sex Is Not The Problem, Lust Is". He deals with Ephesians 5:3 (along with MANY) other verses. It would be a great resource to recommend to your group.

Doktrine
03-05-2009, 12:15 PM
This sparks a question in my mind that I've had for awhile. On what basis do we extend this verse to unmarried men?

Where Jesus says "everyone"