Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21
    HCR Ole' Head LUPE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,863
    Thanks
    3,082
    Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,341 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Smart View Post
    I think you and I have a very different kind of opinion about the abilities of humans to make rational decisions in high-stress situations (especially the police, who have a lot more factors influencing their behavior than we do).
    Cops generally rely on their training when encountering high-stress situations. Are their decisions always rational and consistent with their lawful authority (color of law) in high-stress situations? You know as well as I do that that isn't always the case. So, I don't think that you and I have opinions that are that different on the abilities of humans to make rational decisions in high-stress situations. Clearly, cops act irrational and all too often escalate encounters with the public rather than de-escalate them. I've seen too many instances of this on YouTube and sometimes even live.
    Who is Jesus? GOD! Who are you? Son of GOD! Daughter of GOD! Who is Jesus? GOD! Who are you? Son of God! Daughter of GOD!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to LUPE For This Useful Post:

    caleb4life (08-10-2018)

  3. #22
    Young Bol
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 43 Times in 35 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LUPE View Post
    Cops generally rely on their training when encountering high-stress situations. Are their decisions always rational and consistent with their lawful authority (color of law) in high-stress situations? You know as well as I do that that isn't always the case. So, I don't think that you and I have opinions that are that different on the abilities of humans to make rational decisions in high-stress situations. Clearly, cops act irrational and all too often escalate encounters with the public rather than de-escalate them. I've seen too many instances of this on YouTube and sometimes even live.
    So, that's why open carry gives me pause...

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nathan Smart For This Useful Post:

    caleb4life (08-10-2018), LUPE (08-10-2018)

  5. #23
    HCR Ole' Head LUPE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,863
    Thanks
    3,082
    Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,341 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Smart View Post
    So, that's why open carry gives me pause...
    I understand where you're coming from. I personally see the 2nd Amendment right and open carry differently. I see a citizen's right to bear arms and open carry as part and parcel of the American experience. I see them as a birthright of American Citizenship. Is open carry fraught with danger? Those fears, real or imagined play a part in the minds of many people. I don't discount that. Can those fears and pause be allayed easily? Probably not.
    Last edited by LUPE; 08-10-2018 at 01:41 PM.
    Who is Jesus? GOD! Who are you? Son of GOD! Daughter of GOD! Who is Jesus? GOD! Who are you? Son of God! Daughter of GOD!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to LUPE For This Useful Post:

    caleb4life (08-10-2018)

  7. #24
    HCR Veterano
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    3,312
    Thanks
    545
    Thanked 564 Times in 477 Posts

    Default

    People need to learn to restrain from shooting if they are just in fear of being harmed just pulling out is scary enough for someone to stop assaulting you. Killing someone will be on the conscience forever.
    No man has great enough memory to be a successful Liar.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tarii_2sweet For This Useful Post:

    LUPE (08-10-2018)

  9. #25
    HCR Ole' Head LUPE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,863
    Thanks
    3,082
    Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,341 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarii_2sweet View Post
    People need to learn to restrain from shooting if they are just in fear of being harmed just pulling out is scary enough for someone to stop assaulting you. Killing someone will be on the conscience forever.
    Killing another person should always be as a last resort and only when there is an imminent threat of death.
    Who is Jesus? GOD! Who are you? Son of GOD! Daughter of GOD! Who is Jesus? GOD! Who are you? Son of God! Daughter of GOD!

  10. #26
    HCR Veterano
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    3,312
    Thanks
    545
    Thanked 564 Times in 477 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LUPE View Post
    Killing another person should always be as a last resort and only when there is an imminent threat of death.
    Yea, thats what I was trying to say. If someone is whooping your butt that a reason to stand your ground? I don't think thats a reason to kill someone but many do.
    Last edited by Tarii_2sweet; 08-11-2018 at 04:53 PM.
    No man has great enough memory to be a successful Liar.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tarii_2sweet For This Useful Post:

    caleb4life (08-12-2018)

  12. #27
    Young Bol caleb4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    203
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 41 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    I don’t think that’s a reason to kill someone, but many do
    Hey dear sister, I agree with you. Do you think there is any reason for a professing Christian to kill someone (in self-defense or otherwise)?

    Killing a person should always be as a last resort
    Hey bro. Are you saying this merely from the perspective of the laws of our land? If so, i get it. But if you are speaking as a born again saint, I would be surprised. Just wanted clarification.

    Love ya’ll!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to caleb4life For This Useful Post:

    LUPE (08-12-2018)

  14. #28
    HCR Veterano
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    3,312
    Thanks
    545
    Thanked 564 Times in 477 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caleb4life View Post
    Hey dear sister, I agree with you. Do you think there is any reason for a professing Christian to kill someone (in self-defense or otherwise)?



    Hey bro. Are you saying this merely from the perspective of the laws of our land? If so, i get it. But if you are speaking as a born again saint, I would be surprised. Just wanted clarification.

    Love ya’ll!
    I don't feel comfortable answering that question on a public website where people are watching It would be cool if we can discuss this somewhere else like on another forum that's private.
    No man has great enough memory to be a successful Liar.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tarii_2sweet For This Useful Post:

    caleb4life (08-12-2018)

  16. #29
    HCR Ole' Head LUPE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,863
    Thanks
    3,082
    Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,341 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caleb4life View Post
    Hey dear sister, I agree with you. Do you think there is any reason for a professing Christian to kill someone (in self-defense or otherwise)?



    Hey bro. Are you saying this merely from the perspective of the laws of our land? If so, i get it. But if you are speaking as a born again saint, I would be surprised. Just wanted clarification.

    Love ya’ll!
    Thank you for your question: As a born again Christian I don't own any firearms. I don't plan to buy any firearms and I would never use a firearm. I would never kill another human being even in self defense. Having said that, I recognize that my fellow Americans have the right to bear arm and in many states the right to open carry. Speaking from a strictly legal point of view I recognize that self defense is a legal defense. I further stress that lethal force should always be reserved as a last resort when all other options have been exhausted. It's in this legal context that my comments should be taken.
    Last edited by LUPE; 08-12-2018 at 03:28 PM.
    Who is Jesus? GOD! Who are you? Son of GOD! Daughter of GOD! Who is Jesus? GOD! Who are you? Son of God! Daughter of GOD!

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LUPE For This Useful Post:

    caleb4life (08-13-2018), Tarii_2sweet (08-12-2018)

  18. #30
    Young Bol
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 43 Times in 35 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LUPE View Post
    Thank you for your question: As a born again Christian I don't own any firearms. I don't plan to buy any firearms and I would never use a firearm. I would never kill another human being even in self defense. Having said that, I recognize that my fellow Americans have the right to bear arm and in many states the right to open carry. Speaking from a strictly legal point of view I recognize that self defense is a legal defense. I further stress that lethal force should always be reserved as a last resort when all other options have been exhausted. It's in this legal context that my comments should be taken.
    I appreciate the honesty here because I agree with you, though I just think the laws should be changed!

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nathan Smart For This Useful Post:

    caleb4life (08-13-2018), LUPE (08-13-2018), Tarii_2sweet (08-12-2018)

  20. #31
    HCR Veterano
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    3,312
    Thanks
    545
    Thanked 564 Times in 477 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LUPE View Post
    Thank you for your question: As a born again Christian I don't own any firearms. I don't plan to buy any firearms and I would never use a firearm. I would never kill another human being even in self defense. Having said that, I recognize that my fellow Americans have the right to bear arm and in many states the right to open carry. Speaking from a strictly legal point of view I recognize that self defense is a legal defense. I further stress that lethal force should always be reserved as a last resort when all other options have been exhausted. It's in this legal context that my comments should be taken.
    I agree.
    Last edited by Tarii_2sweet; 08-12-2018 at 11:41 PM.
    No man has great enough memory to be a successful Liar.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tarii_2sweet For This Useful Post:

    caleb4life (08-13-2018), LUPE (08-13-2018)

  22. #32
    HCR Veterano
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    3,312
    Thanks
    545
    Thanked 564 Times in 477 Posts

    Default

    Its demonic.
    No man has great enough memory to be a successful Liar.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Tarii_2sweet For This Useful Post:

    LUPE (08-13-2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •