Widgets Magazine
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    HCR Ole' Head LUPE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,799
    Thanks
    3,061
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,332 Posts

    Default Supreme Court sides with Baker!!! Same-Sex-Wedding Cake case

    Great news for religious liberty!!!

    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/j...-politics.html
    "Christians practice righteousness because it's their Divine Nature to do so."

  2. #2
    HCR Veterano
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    3,270
    Thanks
    540
    Thanked 545 Times in 459 Posts

    Default

    Heard It was a penis shape cake.
    No man has great enough memory to be a successful Liar.

  3. #3
    HCR Ole' Head LUPE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,799
    Thanks
    3,061
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,332 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarii_2sweet View Post
    Heard It was a penis shape cake.
    Where did you hear that?
    "Christians practice righteousness because it's their Divine Nature to do so."

  4. #4
    HCR Veterano
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    3,270
    Thanks
    540
    Thanked 545 Times in 459 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LUPE View Post
    Where did you hear that?
    Lol no where I just assume that just because their gay it was requested lol A penis with a ring on it. He said No I will not do that! Well go to court than mmmmm lol
    Last edited by Tarii_2sweet; 06-05-2018 at 02:51 PM.
    No man has great enough memory to be a successful Liar.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tarii_2sweet For This Useful Post:

    LUPE (06-06-2018)

  6. #5
    HCR Ole' Head The Light Within's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Western Canada in an igloo (with central heating).
    Posts
    7,611
    Thanks
    904
    Thanked 2,623 Times in 1,793 Posts

    Default

    And the media said he narrowly won. Actually, this was a landslide victory. This is why we need more Godly people in government. To help those victimized by evil doers.
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / Datin

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to The Light Within For This Useful Post:

    LUPE (06-08-2018)

  8. #6
    HCR Veterano
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    3,270
    Thanks
    540
    Thanked 545 Times in 459 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Light Within View Post
    And the media said he narrowly won. Actually, this was a landslide victory. This is why we need more Godly people in government. To help those victimized by evil doers.
    Try going for office? If trump can do it anyone can.. you still very young.
    No man has great enough memory to be a successful Liar.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tarii_2sweet For This Useful Post:

    LUPE (06-08-2018)

  10. #7
    HCR Ole' Head LUPE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,799
    Thanks
    3,061
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,332 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Light Within View Post
    And the media said he narrowly won. Actually, this was a landslide victory. This is why we need more Godly people in government. To help those victimized by evil doers.
    I wouldn't say that the same-sex couple victimized the baker. I think they sincerely felt they were being discriminated by the baker when he refused to bake them a wedding cake for their same-sex wedding. Their understanding of the law motivated them to take legal action against the baker.
    Last edited by LUPE; 06-08-2018 at 09:51 AM.
    "Christians practice righteousness because it's their Divine Nature to do so."

  11. #8
    HCR Ole' Head The Light Within's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Western Canada in an igloo (with central heating).
    Posts
    7,611
    Thanks
    904
    Thanked 2,623 Times in 1,793 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LUPE View Post
    I wouldn't say that the same-sex couple victimized the baker. I think they sincerely felt they were being discriminated by the baker when he refused to bake them a wedding cake for their same-sex wedding. Their understanding of the law motivated them to take legal action against the baker.
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / Datin

  12. #9
    HCR Veterano
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    3,270
    Thanks
    540
    Thanked 545 Times in 459 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LUPE View Post
    I wouldn't say that the same-sex couple victimized the baker. I think they sincerely felt they were being discriminated by the baker when he refused to bake them a wedding cake for their same-sex wedding. Their understanding of the law motivated them to take legal action against the baker.
    They were discriminated against he didn't want to bake them a cake because they were gay. Instead of taking to court they could have just went elsewhere not everyone is discriminates. sad Christians do.
    Last edited by Tarii_2sweet; 06-09-2018 at 05:00 PM.
    No man has great enough memory to be a successful Liar.

  13. #10
    HCR Ole' Head LUPE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,799
    Thanks
    3,061
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,332 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarii_2sweet View Post
    They were discriminated against he didn't want to bake them a cake because they were gay. Instead of taking to court they could have just went elsewhere not everyone is discriminates. sad Christians do.
    From the POV of the same-sex couple they see it as discrimination. From the POV of the baker he sees it as an infringement of his religious convictions. The Supreme Court ruled in favor of the baker safeguarding the baker's religious right to refuse to bake the wedding cake for a same-sex wedding because it would violate the baker's Christian convictions. I think both sides in the case acted in good faith. I disagree with Light that the same-sex couple victimized the baker though. I don't believe either side victimized the other. My2cents.
    "Christians practice righteousness because it's their Divine Nature to do so."

  14. #11
    HCR Veterano
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    3,270
    Thanks
    540
    Thanked 545 Times in 459 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LUPE View Post
    From the POV of the same-sex couple they see it as discrimination. From the POV of the baker he sees it as an infringement of his religious convictions. The Supreme Court ruled in favor of the baker safeguarding the baker's religious right to refuse to bake the wedding cake for a same-sex wedding because it would violate the baker's Christian convictions. I think both sides in the case acted in good faith. I disagree with Light that the same-sex couple victimized the baker though. I don't believe either side victimized the other. My2cents.

    OK gotcha
    No man has great enough memory to be a successful Liar.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •