Widgets Magazine

Thread: gun control

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

Default gun control

what do everyone think about the new gun control law under president Trump teacher allow to have guns? IMO It may work but who will protect the kids from the teachers? What if the teacher is struggling with mental illness especially dealing with bad kids all day some lose it and start shooting.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,332 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tarii_2sweet View Post
    what do everyone think about the new gun control law under president Trump teacher allow to have guns? IMO It may work but who will protect the kids from the teachers? What if the teacher is struggling with mental illness especially dealing with bad kids all day some lose it and start shooting.
    I don't think it will prevent kids from being killed in school shootings or help lower the number of kids killed. It might even lead to more kids being killed as collateral damage is a real possibility in the tense situation a school shooting presents. I think Trump is pitching this idea because to many people it sounds plausible. I think it is flawed in concept and in practice.
    Last edited by LUPE; 03-01-2018 at 10:13 PM.
    "Christians practice righteousness because it's their Divine Nature to do so."

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LUPE View Post
    I don't think it will prevent kids from being killed in school shootings or help lower the number of kids killed. It might even lead to more kids being killed as collateral damage is a real possibility in the tense situation a school shooting presents. I think Trump is pitching this idea because to many people it sounds plausible. I think it is flawed in concept and in practice.

Not a good idea.
    Last edited by Tarii_2sweet; 03-02-2018 at 04:49 AM.

Western Canada in an igloo (with central heating).
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,623 Times in 1,793 Posts

In Texas about 170 school districts let teachers and administrators carry concealed weapons on school GROUNDS. Also, other districts around the States are armed as well.

In Canada we don't have a gun problem. Is more guns or less guns the answer? Some say less guns will unarm citizens which will leave them powerless. Some say more guns will leave more people dead. So I'm not sure what the answer would be regarding gun control in the States?
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / Datin

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Light Within View Post
    In Texas about 170 school districts let teachers and administrators carry concealed weapons on school GROUNDS. Also, other districts around the States are armed as well.

In Canada we don't have a gun problem. Is more guns or less guns the answer? Some say less guns will unarm citizens which will leave them powerless. Some say more guns will leave more people dead. So I'm not sure what the answer would be regarding gun control in the States?
    Guns are bad news it's like taking up a karate class you think you can beat up.
    Last edited by Tarii_2sweet; 03-02-2018 at 11:41 PM.

Thanks

Canada has outstandingly low gun casualty statistics. In 2009, there were 0.5 deaths per 100,000 from gun homicide — only 173 people. Still, the ownership is comparatively high — there are 23.8 firearms per 100 people in the country (I'm not one of them ). There is no legal right to possess arms in Canada. It takes sixty days to buy a gun here, and there is mandatory licensing for gun owners. Gun owners pursuing a license must have third-party references, take a safety training course and pass a background check with a focus on mental, criminal and addiction histories. Licensing agents are required to advise an applicant's spouse or next-of-kin prior to granting a license, and licenses are denied to applicants with any past history of domestic violence. Buyers in private sales of weapons must pass official background checks. Canadian civilians aren't allowed to possess automatic weapons, handguns with a barrel shorter than 10.5 cm or any modified handgun, rifle or shotgun. Most semi-automatic assault weapons are also banned. So yes, maybe this does help?
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / Datin

Thanks

That Church shooter who got shot, was shot by a good citizen with a GUN.

The shooter in the FL shooting was in a GUN FREE zone.

Let that simmer.

Formerly Known as K-Train

Thanks

Canada has outstandingly low gun casualty statistics. In 2009, there were 0.5 deaths per 100,000 from gun homicide — only 173 people. Still, the ownership is comparatively high — there are 23.8 firearms per 100 people in the country (I'm not one of them ). There is no legal right to possess arms in Canada. It takes sixty days to buy a gun here, and there is mandatory licensing for gun owners. Gun owners pursuing a license must have third-party references, take a safety training course and pass a background check with a focus on mental, criminal and addiction histories. Licensing agents are required to advise an applicant's spouse or next-of-kin prior to granting a license, and licenses are denied to applicants with any past history of domestic violence. Buyers in private sales of weapons must pass official background checks. Canadian civilians aren't allowed to possess automatic weapons, handguns with a barrel shorter than 10.5 cm or any modified handgun, rifle or shotgun. Most semi-automatic assault weapons are also banned. So yes, maybe this does help?
    I'm all for reform on background checks, that is a no brainer. Anyone that has history mental illness, or serious law problems should not be allowed to possess a weapon (Then again there will always be a black market for guns) But when theres talk of banning firearms outright, that is a serious problem.

Formerly Known as K-Train

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JoshGordon For This Useful Post:

The Light Within (03-08-2018)

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoshGordon View Post
    I'm all for reform on background checks, that is a no brainer. Anyone that has history mental illness, or serious law problems should not be allowed to possess a weapon (Then again there will always be a black market for guns) But when theres talk of banning firearms outright, that is a serious problem.
    Not everyone is diagnosed with mental illness some people some just snap.
    Last edited by Tarii_2sweet; 03-08-2018 at 04:44 AM.

Thanks

Agreed. The real problem behind these shootings is our sick culture. We've told our children that they are the products of evolution. That there is no God and thus no objective morality or ultimate purpose for their lives. We create and give them violent music, movies, and video games which give them extra points for shooting people who beg for their lives. And we're surprised when kids shoot up schools? We need to repent as a society. We need a culture change.

A gun is neutral. It can be used to protect life or take it. The problem is the heart of the person behind the gun and we need to look in the mirror and ask what we as a society have done to contribute to that problem. A person bent on murder will find a way to murder. Let's not be so naive as to think that tighter gun laws will entirely fix this problem. The problem is so much deeper than that.

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

That Church shooter who got shot, was shot by a good citizen with a GUN.

The shooter in the FL shooting was in a GUN FREE zone.

Let that simmer.

When I was in Jr high we entered the east door every morning to be patted down and went through metal detectors we had to have hall passes we've had three police officer no one could go on our campus without being question. I always think about this every time we have a school shooting. if every school was treated like an Urban schools there would be no school shoot outs.

More guns more people get killed. not every one is diagnose and has a history of mental illnesses not everyone has a criminal background I mean there is a first time for everything.
    Last edited by Tarii_2sweet; 03-08-2018 at 02:01 PM.

Thanks

What is needed is the fruit of the Spirit “SELF-CONTROL”. Not gun control.

All people in this world desperately need an outpouring of the Spirit from God Himself. Lord, help the church be broken-hearted, meek, humble, contrite, hungry and thirsty for your Spirit. May we lead the way, that many may come to Him.

Dear God, help us pray and live effectively to that end.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Caleb For This Useful Post:

Tarii_2sweet (03-08-2018)

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

Agreed. The real problem behind these shootings is our sick culture. We've told our children that they are the products of evolution. That there is no God and thus no objective morality or ultimate purpose for their lives. We create and give them violent music, movies, and video games which give them extra points for shooting people who beg for their lives. And we're surprised when kids shoot up schools? We need to repent as a society. We need a culture change.

A gun is neutral. It can be used to protect life or take it. The problem is the heart of the person behind the gun and we need to look in the mirror and ask what we as a society have done to contribute to that problem. A person bent on murder will find a way to murder. Let's not be so naive as to think that tighter gun laws will entirely fix this problem. The problem is so much deeper than that.
    This culture is sick but this land is also reaping. This world was founded and built on violence and killing Christopher Columbus his people need to ask God for forgiveness.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tarii_2sweet For This Useful Post:

Caleb (03-08-2018)

Thanks

This culture is sick but this land is also reaping. This world was founded and built on violence and killing Christopher Columbus his people need to ask God for forgiveness.
    This whole world was founded with violence from Cain onwards. This filth permeates eveey single human being including you and I. Focus on the roots of the tree, not just the bark.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to The Light Within For This Useful Post:

JoshGordon (03-12-2018)

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

This whole world was founded with violence from Cain onwards. This filth permeates eveey single human being including you and I. Focus on the roots of the tree, not just the bark.

I'm talking about America's sin and stolen land. There's people who has been waiting for the curse and I never understood why, but America has been very blessed. we help Israel we've put God in our pledge in our we help the poor since all of that is being snatched away that curse is trying to raise up. Of course we have all talked about God being taken out of schools but America.
    Last edited by Tarii_2sweet; 03-09-2018 at 06:12 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,332 Posts

Violence doesn't permeate Christians. The Spirit of God does. God does not call us to violence. We are peacemakers.
    "Christians practice righteousness because it's their Divine Nature to do so."

Thread Information