Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HCR Veterano
    Thanks

Default Question 4 Married people.

Is it intimidating for a person from the opposite sex to approach you secretly on Social Media or in public like a poke on Facebook?

Can a single person be good friend with a married Person that opposite sex?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,332 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tarii_2sweet View Post
    Is it intimidating for a person from the opposite sex to approach you secretly on Social Media or in public like a poke on Facebook?

Can a single person be good friend with a married Person that opposite sex?
    It is not a good idea for a married person and a single person of the opposite sex to be very good friends IMO. It's complicated. That's not to say that single people and married people can't be good friends. It depends on the relationship.
    "Christians practice righteousness because it's their Divine Nature to do so."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LUPE For This Useful Post:

Tarii_2sweet (02-04-2018), The Light Within (02-04-2018)

Western Canada in an igloo (with central heating).
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,622 Times in 1,792 Posts

My wife and I have the same face book account. We have never broken each others trust, nor did we join together because of trust issues, however we are one and as such we approach most of social media as one. Married men and women should carefully avoid putting themselves in compromising situations when it comes to the opposite sex. If they are seen together in public, it might give the wrong impression. If they are alone on the phone or in person, they will subject themselves to the temptation of an emotional or physical affair. The Bible tells us that everything we do should be for the glory of God, so the wise thing would be to stick to visiting as couples, as opposed to risking the complications associated with close friendships with the opposite sex.
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / — Datin

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The Light Within For This Useful Post:

Tarii_2sweet (02-04-2018)

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Light Within View Post
    My wife and I have the same face book account. We have never broken each others trust, nor did we join together because of trust issues, however we are one and as such we approach most of social media as one. Married men and women should carefully avoid putting themselves in compromising situations when it comes to the opposite sex. If they are seen together in public, it might give the wrong impression. If they are alone on the phone or in person, they will subject themselves to the temptation of an emotional or physical affair. The Bible tells us that everything we do should be for the glory of God, so the wise thing would be to stick to visiting as couples, as opposed to risking the complications associated with close friendships with the opposite sex.
    Some marriages have more boundaries some dont associate with singles at all.
    Last edited by Tarii_2sweet; 02-04-2018 at 09:26 PM.

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

I hate when people share fb with their spouses I want to be friend with that person not their spouse. The way facebook is set up it's really not necessary you can see everything you're friend comments, likes, shares, videos, I told my sister today I seen her cussing someone out on the comment section she said I hate facebook LMBO.
    Last edited by Tarii_2sweet; 02-07-2018 at 07:48 AM.

Thanks

I hate when people share fb with their spouses I want to be friend with that person not their spouse. The way facebook is set up it's really not necessary you can see everything you're friend comments, likes, shares, videos, I told my sister today I seen her cussing someone out on the comment section she said I hate facebook LMBO.
    My wife and I are one. So far, I'm really enjoying a combined facebook account with my wife. My most favorite part of it all is that I feel closer to her. Weird, I know. But I do. I feel like this is just one more step in our marriage that brings us closer together. We are who we are. We go everywhere and do everything together. Not because we have to, but because we want to. She is my very best friend, my strong shoulder to lean on, and the arms that hold me every night. Why wouldn't I want to share this small part of my world with her?

Some people ask, "don't you feel like you're giving up part of your freedom?" No way! I feel so much more free now than I ever have when it comes to social media. I don't have to worry about what I do or don't do every five minutes. I don't have to worry about accidentally giving off a false image of myself to others. Why? Because what they now see is "us". And I am so much more proud of "us" than I am of myself as an individual.

This doesn't mean that a combined account is for everyone, not at all. But personally, both of us share an even more intimate relationship with each other than previously. We've been married ten years this coming August and together a lot longer than that. We plan on keeping it this way for years to come.
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / — Datin

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

My wife and I are one. So far, I'm really enjoying a combined facebook account with my wife. My most favorite part of it all is that I feel closer to her. Weird, I know. But I do. I feel like this is just one more step in our marriage that brings us closer together. We are who we are. We go everywhere and do everything together. Not because we have to, but because we want to. She is my very best friend, my strong shoulder to lean on, and the arms that hold me every night. Why wouldn't I want to share this small part of my world with her?

Some people ask, "don't you feel like you're giving up part of your freedom?" No way! I feel so much more free now than I ever have when it comes to social media. I don't have to worry about what I do or don't do every five minutes. I don't have to worry about accidentally giving off a false image of myself to others. Why? Because what they now see is "us". And I am so much more proud of "us" than I am of myself as an individual.

This doesn't mean that a combined account is for everyone, not at all. But personally, both of us share an even more intimate relationship with each other than previously. We've been married ten years this coming August and together a lot longer than that. We plan on keeping it this way for years to come.
    Aw ♡♡♡♡♡♡ Sound like you have a excellent ♡♡ Life.
    Last edited by Tarii_2sweet; 02-08-2018 at 04:44 PM.

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

Do you pick up her Kotex material?
    Last edited by Tarii_2sweet; 02-08-2018 at 05:08 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tarii_2sweet For This Useful Post:

LUPE (02-08-2018)

Thanks

Seriously speaking, many husbands would do that for their wives if she were sick or unable to go to the store and pick them up for herself. Being a good husband I've done that for my wife a time or two when my wife was sick and unable to go to the store.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LUPE For This Useful Post:

The Light Within (02-08-2018)

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LUPE View Post
    Seriously speaking, many husbands would do that for their wives if she were sick or unable to go to the store and pick them up for herself. Being a good husband I've done that for my wife a time or two when my wife was sick and unable to go to the store.
    What is the downfall of marriage? And what is the best thing bout being married?
    Lupe do you share you your facebook account like TLW?
    Do you have occasional date nights?
    Where did you meet you're wife?

How long have you been married?

What would be the your advice to someone who is getting married.

What attracted you to your wife?
    Do you speak the same language as your wife?
    Do you have kids together?

What are the programs you and you're wife watch together?
    What was you're first pick up line when meeting her?
    Last edited by Tarii_2sweet; 02-08-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Thanks

I have on occasion. As long as I'm not left on my own to pick what I thought she needed, it's fine.

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

What is the most biggest mistake you have made in your marriaghe?

Thanks

What is the downfall of marriage? And what is the best thing bout being married?
    Lupe do you share you your facebook account like TLW?
    Do you have occasional date nights?
    Where did you meet you're wife?

How long have you been married?

What would be the your advice to someone who is getting married.

What attracted you to your wife?
    Do you speak the same language as your wife?
    Do you have kids together?

What are the programs you and you're wife watch together?
    What was you're first pick up line when meeting her?
    The downfall of marriage differs for different couples. But when a couple doesn't trust one another that's when things go south.

The best thing about marriage for me is that I get to share my life with my best friend.

We don't have date nights.

I met my wife in Church.

I been married over 10 years.

My advice to someone who is getting married is that patience and understanding is key in making a good marriage. A sense of humor also goes a long way. Romance is important as well. Respect for one another is very important.

My wife's kindness is what attracted me to my wife...My wife is very beautiful and exotic. She's a beautiful Puerto Rican outta the BX, NYC.

I speak the same languages as my wife. She speaks English and Spanish. Her Spanish is what PR's speak.Mine is what Mexicans speak. lol

I don't have kids together. I have a stepson by her.

My wife and I seldom watch the same programs together. I'm kind of a nerd. She loves chick flick and love stories...Also action movies.

I didn't use a pick up line...We were both in Church so our convo was about church stuff. lol
    Last edited by LUPE; 02-08-2018 at 09:26 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LUPE For This Useful Post:

Tarii_2sweet (02-08-2018)

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

Light ..

What do you love about your wife?

Do you and your wife pray and read the word together?

Do you still have date nights after ten years?

What's the best advice to give you a couple that is getting engaged?

What advice do you have for singles?

Did you and your wife have a career before you got married?
    Last edited by Tarii_2sweet; 02-08-2018 at 10:51 PM.

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

Light and Lupe do you think its important to have a career before getting married?
    Last edited by Tarii_2sweet; 02-08-2018 at 10:53 PM.

Thanks

Light and Lupe do you think its important to have a career before getting married?
    It depends on the individual. The good thing about having a career before getting married is that the earning power that comes from a career doesn't hurt when you're married. So yeah, a career can be a plus.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to LUPE For This Useful Post:

Tarii_2sweet (02-09-2018)

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LUPE View Post
    It depends on the individual. The good thing about having a career before getting married is that the earning power that comes from a career doesn't hurt when you're married. So yeah, a career can be a plus.
    I agree. I have a lot of things running through my mind. There's men out there who support their wives with or without a career and some feel inferior to their wives because of her career and a Evil that constantly belittles and destroy their wives because they have no career are a goal. I have always dreamt of being married but someone was telling me their problems the other day and what they didn't like about it and my mind went to a complete fog of confusion.

Thanks

Light ..

What do you love about your wife?

Do you and your wife pray and read the word together?

Do you still have date nights after ten years?

What's the best advice to give you a couple that is getting engaged?

What advice do you have for singles?

Did you and your wife have a career before you got married?

1) I love many things about her. I love that shes a hard worker, that she strives to always do the best in life, that shes kind and tender hearted, but most of all I love that she puts Jesus Christ first.

2) Absolutely. We even search the scriptures on many issues and discuss doctrine with one another. A couple who desires their marriage to last must learn how to deal with problems. Prayer, Bible study, and mutual encouragement are very helpful in marriage.

3) Yes, we still have date nights. In fact I'm usually planning exciting new places to go and eat to this day. It's a blast!

4) A couple getting engaged needs to realize the depth of this kind of commitment and not jump into it lightly. God intends marriage to be a lifelong commitment, not a temporary arrangement. That Christians cannot team up with and live in harmony with unbelievers. That Christians should live their lives with God as the director. He wants to be a part of every aspect of our lives, including whom we marry. Having a clear understanding of God's Word and developing a personal relationship with Him through prayer and yielding to the direction of the Holy Spirit is the first and most important step in determining His will for us and what spouse we will marry.

5) Some do better staying single and some people do better as a team, serving God as a couple and a family. Both kinds of people are equally important. It is not a sin to remain single, even for your entire life. The most important thing in life is not finding a mate and having children, but serving God despite being married or staying single. Just keep in mind that marriage can keep us from sin: “Since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband” (1 Corinthians 7:2). Rather than engage in immorality, believers are to be married.

6) No, we both did not have a career. Well, not intentionally. My wife started out as a unit clerk in a nursing home working her way up to being an office manager which is now her career that also comes with great benefits. I on the other hand have worked my way up to a salary that is higher than my wife's, in retail. This is very very rare, but works for me. Aside from owning my own business, I love dealing with all types of people from all walks of life day to day.

I would suggest that before getting married that you fully know the person you are married to the best of your ability. Get to know them and their family. It took me about three years to establish a solid relationship that I know would stand the test of time. It is also important to remember that God wants to give us the desires of our heart, but that is only possible if our desires match His. People often get married because it just feels right. In the early stages of dating, and even of marriage, you see the other person coming, and you get butterflies in your stomach. Romance is at its peak, and you know the feeling of so called being in love. Many expect that this feeling will remain forever. The reality is that it does not. The result can be disappointment and even divorce as those feelings fade, but those in successful marriages know that the excitement of being with the other person does not have to end. Instead, the butterflies give way to a deeper love, a stronger commitment, a more solid foundation, and an unbreakable security. Now this, this, is true marriage.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Light Within For This Useful Post:

JoshGordon (02-09-2018), Tarii_2sweet (02-09-2018)

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

1) I love many things about her. I love that shes a hard worker, that she strives to always do the best in life, that shes kind and tender hearted, but most of all I love that she puts Jesus Christ first.

2) Absolutely. We even search the scriptures on many issues and discuss doctrine with one another. A couple who desires their marriage to last must learn how to deal with problems. Prayer, Bible study, and mutual encouragement are very helpful in marriage.

3) Yes, we still have date nights. In fact I'm usually planning exciting new places to go and eat to this day. It's a blast!

4) A couple getting engaged needs to realize the depth of this kind of commitment and not jump into it lightly. God intends marriage to be a lifelong commitment, not a temporary arrangement. That Christians cannot team up with and live in harmony with unbelievers. That Christians should live their lives with God as the director. He wants to be a part of every aspect of our lives, including whom we marry. Having a clear understanding of God's Word and developing a personal relationship with Him through prayer and yielding to the direction of the Holy Spirit is the first and most important step in determining His will for us and what spouse we will marry.

5) Some do better staying single and some people do better as a team, serving God as a couple and a family. Both kinds of people are equally important. It is not a sin to remain single, even for your entire life. The most important thing in life is not finding a mate and having children, but serving God despite being married or staying single. Just keep in mind that marriage can keep us from sin: “Since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband” (1 Corinthians 7:2). Rather than engage in immorality, believers are to be married.

6) No, we both did not have a career. Well, not intentionally. My wife started out as a unit clerk in a nursing home working her way up to being an office manager which is now her career that also comes with great benefits. I on the other hand have worked my way up to a salary that is higher than my wife's, in retail. This is very very rare, but works for me. Aside from owning my own business, I love dealing with all types of people from all walks of life day to day.

I would suggest that before getting married that you fully know the person you are married to the best of your ability. Get to know them and their family. It took me about three years to establish a solid relationship that I know would stand the test of time. It is also important to remember that God wants to give us the desires of our heart, but that is only possible if our desires match His. People often get married because it just feels right. In the early stages of dating, and even of marriage, you see the other person coming, and you get butterflies in your stomach. Romance is at its peak, and you know the feeling of so called being in love. Many expect that this feeling will remain forever. The reality is that it does not. The result can be disappointment and even divorce as those feelings fade, but those in successful marriages know that the excitement of being with the other person does not have to end. Instead, the butterflies give way to a deeper love, a stronger commitment, a more solid foundation, and an unbreakable security. Now this, this, is true marriage.
    Great Answers.

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

I would ask queztions for singles but I think they are aall inactive.

Thread Information