Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HCR Veterano
    Thanks

Default When do it become a sin?

Do it become a sin when you act on it or when the thought comes?
    Last edited by Tarii_2sweet; 01-03-2018 at 05:59 PM.

Western Canada in an igloo (with central heating).
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,625 Times in 1,795 Posts

Great question! There is a difference between being tempted (a thought entering into the mind) and sinning (dwelling upon an evil thought and wallowing in it). It is important to understand that when a thought enters our mind, we examine it based upon God's Word and determine if we should continue down that path or reject the thought and replace it with another thought. If we have already allowed a habit to form in our thought lives, it becomes more difficult to change the path of our thoughts, even as it is hard to get a car out of a deep rut and onto a new track.

So intrusive thoughts are not necessarily sin—even blasphemous ones. Our minds are weak and easily influenced by the world around us. But intentionally exposing ourselves to blasphemy, violence, and other evils may be sin. The more we surround ourselves with worldly things, the more the world will invade our thoughts. Instead, we should concentrate on the honorable, the true, and the pure. If we fill ourselves with good, God will bless us: “How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stand in the path of sinners, nor sit in the seat of scoffers! But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and in His law he meditates day and night. He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever he does, he prospers” (Psalm 1:1–3).

Walking in the Spirit is easier when we rely on the Lord's strength. We are not to feed our minds with that which will promote sinful thoughts. This is the idea of Proverbs 4:23. We are to guard our hearts—what we allow into them and what we allow them to dwell on. Job 31:1 states, "I have made a covenant with my eyes; Why then should I look upon a young woman". Romans 13:14 states, "But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts." Thus, we are to avoid periodicals, videos, websites, conversations and situations that will set us up for a fall. We should also avoid spending time with those who would encourage us down these wrong paths.

God will bless those who seek to honor Him with what matters most to Him: who we are inside and not just what we appear to be to others. May God make Jesus’ description of Nathanael (reading this is wonderful) true also of us—a man (or woman) in whom there is no guile (John 1:47).
    Last edited by The Light Within; 01-04-2018 at 12:20 AM.
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / Datin

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Light Within For This Useful Post:

JoshGordon (01-04-2018), Nefu (01-06-2018)

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Light Within View Post
    Great question! There is a difference between being tempted (a thought entering into the mind) and sinning (dwelling upon an evil thought and wallowing in it). It is important to understand that when a thought enters our mind, we examine it based upon God's Word and determine if we should continue down that path or reject the thought and replace it with another thought. If we have already allowed a habit to form in our thought lives, it becomes more difficult to change the path of our thoughts, even as it is hard to get a car out of a deep rut and onto a new track.

So intrusive thoughts are not necessarily sin—even blasphemous ones. Our minds are weak and easily influenced by the world around us. But intentionally exposing ourselves to blasphemy, violence, and other evils may be sin. The more we surround ourselves with worldly things, the more the world will invade our thoughts. Instead, we should concentrate on the honorable, the true, and the pure. If we fill ourselves with good, God will bless us: “How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stand in the path of sinners, nor sit in the seat of scoffers! But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and in His law he meditates day and night. He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever he does, he prospers” (Psalm 1:1–3).

Walking in the Spirit is easier when we rely on the Lord's strength. We are not to feed our minds with that which will promote sinful thoughts. This is the idea of Proverbs 4:23. We are to guard our hearts—what we allow into them and what we allow them to dwell on. Job 31:1 states, "I have made a covenant with my eyes; Why then should I look upon a young woman". Romans 13:14 states, "But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts." Thus, we are to avoid periodicals, videos, websites, conversations and situations that will set us up for a fall. We should also avoid spending time with those who would encourage us down these wrong paths.

God will bless those who seek to honor Him with what matters most to Him: who we are inside and not just what we appear to be to others. May God make Jesus’ description of Nathanael (reading this is wonderful) true also of us—a man (or woman) in whom there is no guile (John 1:47).
    You're awesome Thanks I liked what you also said on my thread. I was.just rebuking and rebuking and rebuking still seem like its not working what is going on.
    Last edited by Tarii_2sweet; 01-04-2018 at 08:55 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tarii_2sweet View Post
    You're awesome Thanks I liked what you also said on my thread. I was.just rebuking and rebuking and rebuking still seem like its not working what is going on.
    Sinful desires (temptations) can be transformed into paths to spiritual power. Some of our greatest insights about the Lord and His ways will grow out of these struggles.
    Realize that victory is possible.

Although in the past we all have fulfilled the lusts of the flesh, now, through Christ, we can say no to temptation and walk in victory. Replace the things that draw you into impurity with activities that strengthen your spirit. Deepen your walk with God through prayer, Bible study, worship, fellowship with Godly Christians, and engrafting God’s Word into your heart and life. Strengthening your spirit in these ways will help you win the war against lust.

As you understand what Christ has done for you, remove hidden provisions for defeat, live in the fear of the Lord, become mighty in Spirit, and use temptations as signals to seek God, you will conquer impure thoughts. And as you win the battle over impure thoughts, impure habits will be purged from your life.
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / Datin

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The Light Within For This Useful Post:

Nefu (01-06-2018)

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

if a person doesn't feel sexually arousal and a unclean thought comes to mind would it be a sin? When someone talks dirty of course those thoughts linger in our mind unfortunately, I can't help who I surround myself around right now.

BTW its not sinful desires they are thoughts I am not tempted by them because I do not desire them. What I wanted to know Am I in sin because of the thoughts.
    Last edited by Tarii_2sweet; 01-05-2018 at 10:27 PM. Reason: lkklk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,339 Posts

if a person doesn't feel sexually arousal and a unclean thought comes to mind would it be a sin? When someone talks dirty of course those thoughts linger in our mind unfortunately, I can't help who I surround myself around right now.
    An unclean thought in and of itself isn't sin. It is what you do with it that can lead to sin. All unclean thoughts should be cast down right then and there...(NO ANDS IFS OR BUTS) You don't rebuke thoughts. You cast them down. (You rebuke evil spirits ect. you know what I mean?) Guard your heart for out of it flow the issues of life. Also a Christian can ONLY BE TEMPTED if he allows himself or herself to be drawn away from their righteous identity in Christ...In other words, if a Christians stops even for a moment to not continue to walk in the Spirit and in the mind of Christ that comes with walking in the Spirit. Walk in the Spirit and you will not fall into sin. It's that simple. But it does take discipline and learning how to walk in the Spirit continually.

As far as those who you surround yourself with they can't make you sin either. You're not a slave to sin anymore! Praise God. You're dead to sin and alive in Christ. If you dedicate yourself to walking in the Spirit continually soon you will discover that sin is the last thing on your mind. You're too busy fellowshipping with Jesus in the Spirit. When you're walking in the Spirit no devil in hell or person on Earth can make you sin or tempt you. This is what is called "The Victorious Christian Life." Be blessed. Peace.
    Last edited by LUPE; 01-05-2018 at 09:15 PM.
    Who is Jesus? GOD! Who are you? Son of GOD! Daughter of GOD! Who is Jesus? GOD! Who are you? Son of God! Daughter of GOD!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LUPE For This Useful Post:

Nefu (01-06-2018), Tarii_2sweet (01-05-2018)

Thanks

Sinful desires (temptations) can be transformed into paths to spiritual power. Some of our greatest insights about the Lord and His ways will grow out of these struggles.
    Realize that victory is possible.

Although in the past we all have fulfilled the lusts of the flesh, now, through Christ, we can say no to temptation and walk in victory. Replace the things that draw you into impurity with activities that strengthen your spirit. Deepen your walk with God through prayer, Bible study, worship, fellowship with Godly Christians, and engrafting God’s Word into your heart and life. Strengthening your spirit in these ways will help you win the war against lust.

As you understand what Christ has done for you, remove hidden provisions for defeat, live in the fear of the Lord, become mighty in Spirit, and use temptations as signals to seek God, you will conquer impure thoughts. And as you win the battle over impure thoughts, impure habits will be purged from your life.
    Light you say that you believe that Christians can walk in victory. What I don't get is why you don't walk in the Spirit continually. What's stopping you?
    Who is Jesus? GOD! Who are you? Son of GOD! Daughter of GOD! Who is Jesus? GOD! Who are you? Son of God! Daughter of GOD!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LUPE View Post
    Light you say that you believe that Christians can walk in victory. What I don't get is why you don't walk in the Spirit continually. What's stopping you?
    Lupe, you know that for years all I've discussed here was holiness. Even when many didn't stick around because of the lack of holiness in this place, I still stayed. One thing I don't do is try to act as if I'm perfect in all I say and do. Sure, many may look at my life and say wow, he's a strong Christian, but I don't want to come across as a Pharisee.

And let me tell you about this victorious life in Christ message you speak of. I know all about it and this particular message. I've seen churches preach the same things, and guess what. The pastor in that church was one of the biggest sinners around, and the members were participating in wickedness and worldliness. So you need to be careful how you preach it. Sure, we are victorious in Christ, but remember even Jesus was tempted. Before you start sounding as if nothing can ever touch you at anytime, remember even you can fall.

I make no excuses for sin, nor do I myself walk in sin, but I will never say I have no sin. Sure, I can talk all day about living the victorious life, however the whole council of God needs to be preached. Many years ago I heard pastors preach this message and some of it was truth, but there were lies mixed in. Sound doctrine is very important and then application of that sound doctrine is even more important.

So yes, at this current moment I'm walking in the spirit. And I can say that's my goal until Jesus comes back. I can also say it's possible to continually walk in the spirit. But thank the Lord for his mercy in showing me any area of sin that may be lurking around that I may not be aware of. We really wouldn't need Jesus if we could attain a sinless perfection in this life ourselves.
    Last edited by The Light Within; 01-06-2018 at 02:45 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to The Light Within For This Useful Post:

Nefu (01-06-2018)

Thanks

BTW its not sinful desires they are thoughts I am not tempted by them because I do not desire them. What I wanted to know Am I in sin because of the thoughts.
    If you allow yourself to wallow in those evil impure thoughts, yes it is sin.

Soeaking of all this reminded me of this song...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to The Light Within For This Useful Post:

Nefu (01-06-2018)

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

If you allow yourself to wallow in those evil impure thoughts, yes it is sin.

Soeaking of all this reminded me of this song...

I knew you were going to hook me up with a rap video lol

Thanks

Lupe, you know that for years all I've discussed here was holiness. Even when many didn't stick around because of the lack of holiness in this place, I still stayed. One thing I don't do is try to act as if I'm perfect in all I say and do. Sure, many may look at my life and say wow, he's a strong Christian, but I don't want to come across as a Pharisee.

And let me tell you about this victorious life in Christ message you speak of. I know all about it and this particular message. I've seen churches preach the same things, and guess what. The pastor in that church was one of the biggest sinners around, and the members were participating in wickedness and worldliness. So you need to be careful how you preach it. Sure, we are victorious in Christ, but remember even Jesus was tempted. Before you start sounding as if nothing can ever touch you at anytime, remember even you can fall.

I make no excuses for sin, nor do I myself walk in sin, but I will never say I have no sin. Sure, I can talk all day about living the victorious life, however the whole council of God needs to be preached. Many years ago I heard pastors preach this message and some of it was truth, but there were lies mixed in. Sound doctrine is very important and then application of that sound doctrine is even more important.

So yes, at this current moment I'm walking in the spirit. And I can say that's my goal until Jesus comes back. I can also say it's possible to continually walk in the spirit. But thank the Lord for his mercy in showing me any area of sin that may be lurking around that I may not be aware of. We really wouldn't need Jesus if we could attain a sinless perfection in this life ourselves.
    I will preach what I know to be the Gospel and truth. I encourage all my brothers and sisters to learn how to walk in the Spirit continually. The message I preach I didn't learn in Church. I don't go to Church. So I don't have a clue about this so-called message you speak of that you're equating with what I preach. I don't personally know any pastors who preach this message. That being said, I submit to you that your message isn't the full counsel of God. I don't have the time nor the inclination to point out to you every jot and tittle that runs counter to sound doctrine in the context of the New Covenant in Christ. I'm so glad to hear you say that you believe that it's possible to continually walk in the Spirit. There's living proof of that all around you. God bless you. Peace.
    Last edited by LUPE; 01-06-2018 at 04:53 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LUPE For This Useful Post:

Nefu (01-06-2018)

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

You fellas do realize you are saying the same thing its just in different ways?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Tarii_2sweet For This Useful Post:

LUPE (01-06-2018)

Thanks

You fellas do realize you are saying the same thing its just in different ways?
    We're not saying the same thing. Light holds to a believer having a sin nature. I hold that a believer has partaken of the Divine Nature in Christ. I hold that a believer is a new creation and that old things have passed away. Light strives toward holiness. I don't strive toward holiness owing to that fact that I have already apprehended it in Christ. I walk in the Spirit continually. Light not so much. The one thing both of us have in common is we're both zealous in the Lord.

Last edited by LUPE; 01-06-2018 at 08:04 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to LUPE For This Useful Post:

Nefu (01-06-2018)

Thanks

Tarii_2sweet, I know this topic of walking in the Spirit continually isn't one you're gonna hear very often in most churches. I'll try to explain it to you this way: You know that the Church is the Bride Of Christ. He is the Bride groom. As a Christian you're Christ's bride and he loves you intimately. That relationship you have with Christ is the deepest and most intimate relationship a human being can have with his creator. What I'm saying is that it is Christ's deepest desire that He would be first in your life. His desire is that you commune with him intimately in the Spirit throughout each and every day continually 24/7 365. As the Bride Of Christ your life is centered on pleasing Christ the Bridegroom in your conversation and behavior toward your fellow man. In a nutshell this is what I'm sharing with my teaching. God Bless you. Peace.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LUPE For This Useful Post:

Nefu (01-06-2018), Tarii_2sweet (01-06-2018)

Thanks

Dang so much theological meat on this post!
    [I]'I Love You' 8 Letters, 3 Words, 1 Meaning.
    John 3:16.

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nefu For This Useful Post:

LUPE (01-06-2018), The Light Within (01-06-2018)

Thanks

I will preach what I know to be the Gospel and truth. I encourage all my brothers and sisters to learn how to walk in the Spirit continually. The message I preach I didn't learn in Church. I don't go to Church. So I don't have a clue about this so-called message you speak of that you're equating with what I preach. I don't personally know any pastors who preach this message. That being said, I submit to you that your message isn't the full counsel of God. I don't have the time nor the inclination to point out to you every jot and tittle that runs counter to sound doctrine in the context of the New Covenant in Christ. I'm so glad to hear you say that you believe that it's possible to continually walk in the Spirit. There's living proof of that all around you. God bless you. Peace.
    How come you don't attend church?
    [I]'I Love You' 8 Letters, 3 Words, 1 Meaning.
    John 3:16.

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Nefu For This Useful Post:

LUPE (01-06-2018)

Thanks

I knew you were going to hook me up with a rap video lol
    I've got a Christian rap video for most every scenario in life somewhere in my collection.

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

Tarii_2sweet, I know this topic of walking in the Spirit continually isn't one you're gonna hear very often in most churches. I'll try to explain it to you this way: You know that the Church is the Bride Of Christ. He is the Bride groom. As a Christian you're Christ's bride and he loves you intimately. That relationship you have with Christ is the deepest and most intimate relationship a human being can have with his creator. What I'm saying is that it is Christ's deepest desire that He would be first in your life. His desire is that you commune with him intimately in the Spirit throughout each and every day continually 24/7 365. As the Bride Of Christ your life is centered on pleasing Christ the Bridegroom in your conversation and behavior toward your fellow man. In a nutshell this is what I'm sharing with my teaching. God Bless you. Peace.
    I see I see.

Thanks

I'm so glad to hear you say that you believe that it's possible to continually walk in the Spirit. There's living proof of that all around you. God bless you. Peace.
    Yes, this is true, we agree. It’s not always easy to choose obedience to God, especially if we’re trying to do it all on our own. Satan would love nothing more than to bring us back into bondage through disobedience. But we have the promise, “You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world” (1 John 4:4). The Holy Spirit will produce Christlikeness in us, and, as we yield to Him, we can live a holy life.

Here is the mindset we should have: “Count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus” (Romans 6:11). Any time we face temptation, we should say, “I’m dead to that! That was part of my old life! I am a new creation in Christ!” (see 2 Corinthians 5:17). To live a holy life, to separate ourselves from sin, we must see ourselves as God does—as born again children of the Most High, clothed with the righteousness of Christ.

We also have the benefit of being part of the Body of Christ. Fellowship with other Christians and making ourselves accountable to them is a great source of strength in living a holy life. As Christians, we are called to encourage one another in this matter.

I'll add that we should not live holy lifves in order to earn salvation; living a holy life is a natural outgrowth of being saved by God’s grace and filled with His Spirit. It is also important to not give up when we mess up. When we fail, our response should be to confess the sin and keep moving forward in our Christian walk. Holiness is not only a possibility for the Christian; holiness is a requirement. “Without holiness no one will see the Lord” (Hebrews 12:14). The difference between God and us is that He is inherently holy while we, on the other hand, only become holy in relationship to Christ and we only increase in practical holiness as we mature spiritually.

So in a sense we are saying the same thing. It's just that when one sins as a believer that sin comes from somewhere, and that somewhere I'm referring to is the sin nature. Get it? Got it? Good, haha!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to The Light Within For This Useful Post:

Nefu (01-06-2018)

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

Thread Information