Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,339 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Light Within View Post
    Alright, alright, now we're getting somewhere. In Romans 7, Paul explains the battle that rages continually in even the most spiritually mature people. He laments that he does what he doesn’t want to do and, in fact, does the evil he detests. He says that is the result of “sin living in me” (Romans 7:20). He delights in God’s law according to his “inner being,” but he sees another law at work in “the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members” (v. 23). Here is the classic example of the two entities, whatever terms they may carry. The point is that the battle is real, and it is one Christians will wage throughout their lives.

This is why believers are encouraged to put to death the deeds of the body, to put to death that which makes a Christian sin, and to put aside other sins such as anger, wrath, malice, etc. All this to say that the Christian has two natures—the old and the new—but the new nature needs continual renewing. This renewing, of course, is a lifetime process for the Christian. Even though the battle against sin is constant, we are no longer under the control of sin. The believer is truly a new creation in Christ, and it is Christ who will ultimately rescue us from this body of death. Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
    Austin has taught on those Roman's passages on his old YouTube channel. He interprets what Paul laments as occurring to him before being converted. So yes naturally in the old man he's incapable of keeping the Law Of Moses because he is still lost and a prisoner of sin.

Again, Austin and I disagree that a Christian has two natures. We hold that a Christian has partaken of the divine nature in Christ. We hold that old things have passed away if any man be in Christ, and that all things have become new.

The deeds of the body come into play when a Christian believes the lies of the devil and allows himself to be drawn away from his true identity in Christ which is the divine nature and allows himself to be tempted and consequently falls into sin. God does not tempt man and will keep man from sin if he'll simply walk in the Spirit continually. The scripture says: how can you who are dead to sin live any longer therein? Christians are called to walk in the Spirit continually. Only then can they walk free from the lies of the devil and the sins that are in the world.
    Who is Jesus? GOD! Who are you? Son of GOD! Daughter of GOD! Who is Jesus? GOD! Who are you? Son of God! Daughter of GOD!

Western Canada in an igloo (with central heating).
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,628 Times in 1,798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LUPE View Post
    Austin has taught on those Roman's passages on his old YouTube channel. He interprets what Paul laments as occurring to him before being converted. So yes naturally in the old man he's incapable of keeping the Law Of Moses because he is still lost and a prisoner of sin.

Again, Austin and I disagree that a Christian has two natures. We hold that a Christian has partaken of the divine nature in Christ. We hold that old things have passed away if any man be in Christ, and that all things have become new.

The deeds of the body come into play when a Christian believes the lies of the devil and allows himself to be drawn away from his true identity in Christ which is the divine nature and allows himself to be tempted and consequently falls into sin. God does not tempt man and will keep man from sin if he'll simply walk in the Spirit continually. The scripture says: how can you who are dead to sin live any longer therein? Christians are called to walk in the Spirit continually. Only then can they walk free from the lies of the devil and the sins that are in the world.
    You really need to read Romans 7 in context. You will find that that Paul is not speaking on his former condition, but current. There is absolutely no way around this.

As far as temptation goes: For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin (Hebrews 4:15). So as we can see even Jesus was tempted, but of course overcame. There are many other verses that show we are tempted, but we always have a way out so we don't have to sin.

So, as a blood bought child of God who has a new nature, why is it that we are still prone to sin? If we truly do have a new nature (which we do), why is it still possible to sin? Wouldn't that mean that the old nature is still there, which would mean that we as Christians still battle and struggle. Yes, we have a way out, and should walk in the Spirit continually, but again, that does not mean we will walk perfect the rest of our days. Really, who is that high and mighty? I'm willing to wager that as a born again believer you, and Austin have sinned. Of course you may not want to admit this, but let's face it. You, nor Austin are Jesus Christ. If so, him and yourself would be the perfect sacrifice to whom we could look up to.
    Last edited by The Light Within; 12-22-2017 at 02:51 AM.
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / Datin

Thanks

You really need to read Romans 7 in context. You will find that that Paul is not speaking on his former condition, but current. There is absolutely no way around this.

As far as temptation goes: For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin (Hebrews 4:15). So as we can see even Jesus was tempted, but of course overcame. There are many other verses that show we are tempted, but we always have a way out so we don't have to sin.

So, as a blood bought child of God who has a new nature, why is it that we are still prone to sin? If we truly do have a new nature (which we do), why is it still possible to sin? Wouldn't that mean that the old nature is still there, which would mean that we as Christians still battle and struggle. Yes, we have a way out, and should walk in the Spirit continually, but again, that does not mean we will walk perfect the rest of our days. Really, who is that high and mighty? I'm willing to wager that as a born again believer you, and Austin have sinned. Of course you may not want to admit this, but let's face it. You, nor Austin are Jesus Christ. If so, him and yourself would be the perfect sacrifice to whom we could look up to.
    Austin and I have sinned in our Christian walk. Every Christian has. But when a Christian, any Christian walks in the Spirit continually sin has no place. When we were walking as most Christians do we were taken to and fro by the enemy of our soul. But those days are gone. We're now conscious of the devil and his schemes and cast down all his lies whenever they present themselves. This is key. We walk in the Spirit continually now. As long as we do that the Holy Spirit will deliver us from all sin and keep us spiritually minded in the mind of Christ. So far so good. The Holy Spirit is faithful. He never fails. All glory to the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. As Christians we're called to imitate Jesus. We take that seriously. We put our trust in our God fully and in the Holy Spirit to be our righteousness. It's that simple. It's not complicated. It's real easy. His yoke is easy and his burden is light! Praise God!

Btw, how did you do yesterday? Did you walk in the Spirit all day? Did anything hinder you? I pray nothing did. God bless. Peace.
    Last edited by LUPE; 12-22-2017 at 07:25 AM.
    Who is Jesus? GOD! Who are you? Son of GOD! Daughter of GOD! Who is Jesus? GOD! Who are you? Son of God! Daughter of GOD!

Thanks

I have been blessed reading your guys posts on these extremely important matters. I sense progress in the faith and a trajectory toward unity in the Spirit in the bond of peace. It’s nothing short of beautiful! The Spirit and the Bride say “come”!

LUPE, have you and Austin been able to connect via phone or in person yet? Light and LUPE, have you guys shared phone numbers yet?

Much love dear brothers!!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caleb For This Useful Post:

LUPE (12-22-2017), The Light Within (12-22-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    I have been blessed reading your guys posts on these extremely important matters. I sense progress in the faith and a trajectory toward unity in the Spirit in the bond of peace. It’s nothing short of beautiful! The Spirit and the Bride say “come”!

LUPE, have you and Austin been able to connect via phone or in person yet? Light and LUPE, have you guys shared phone numbers yet?

I haven't connected with Austin by phone or in person. I have only connected with him by email. I also haven't connected with Light by phone. I'm in Arizona and he's in Canada. I don't want to make his long distance phone bill go up. lol

Thank you for your kind words bro. It's all about love my brother. I know Light is a zealous brother in Christ and he wants to do God's will. I don't want to ever mislead him in any way on spiritual matters. We clearly don't see things the same way. If my interaction with him here on this board leads him to discouragement or be impacted in any negative way I'll just respectfully agree to disagree.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LUPE For This Useful Post:

Caleb (12-22-2017)

Thanks

I completely agree, it's all about love (and as Light will be quick to point out, and I'm confident you and I affirm, "truth in love")! If nothing else, the "dying" of the community on this forum has left some diamonds (gems), in you two brothers and Tarii and the few others who pop in from time to time (I'm thinking Faylor for one). The conversations, while passionate, are still largely civil (with occasional exceptions), which is a tremendous blessing compared with so many other convo's I've observed "out there" in cyberspace (even on this forum in years past). But brother LUPE, can you hit me up on my cell 612-269-9004 sometime (text or call)? I've enjoyed chatting with Light "offline" (hah...it's still online, just different) using wechat, and would love to make that personal connection with you too, if you are up for it. I fully understand time is limited, so the frequency of communication will likely ebb and flow, but you know what that's like, I'm sure!

P.S. Anyone else who would like to get in touch is welcome to as well, not playing fav's.... Love ya'll!
    Last edited by Caleb; 12-22-2017 at 10:07 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Caleb For This Useful Post:

LUPE (12-22-2017)

Thanks

I completely agree, it's all about love (and as Light will be quick to point out, and I'm confident you and I affirm, "truth in love")! If nothing else, the "dying" of the community on this forum has left some diamonds (gems), in you two brothers and Tarii and the few others who pop in from time to time (I'm thinking Faylor for one). The conversations, while passionate, are still largely civil (with occasional exceptions), which is a tremendous blessing compared with so many other convo's I've observed "out there" in cyberspace (even on this forum in years past). But brother LUPE, can you hit me up on my cell 612-269-9004 sometime (text or call)? I've enjoyed chatting with Light "offline" (hah...it's still online, just different) using wechat, and would love to make that personal connection with you too, if you are up for it. I fully understand time is limited, so the frequency of communication will likely ebb and flow, but you know what that's like, I'm sure!

P.S. Anyone else who would like to get in touch is welcome to as well, not playing fav's.... Love ya'll!
    For sure bro. I'll call you today. Peace.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LUPE For This Useful Post:

Caleb (12-22-2017)

Thanks

Austin and I have sinned in our Christian walk. Every Christian has. But when a Christian, any Christian walks in the Spirit continually sin has no place. When we were walking as most Christians do we were taken to and fro by the enemy of our soul. But those days are gone. We're now conscious of the devil and his schemes and cast down all his lies whenever they present themselves. This is key. We walk in the Spirit continually now. As long as we do that the Holy Spirit will deliver us from all sin and keep us spiritually minded in the mind of Christ. So far so good. The Holy Spirit is faithful. He never fails. All glory to the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. As Christians we're called to imitate Jesus. We take that seriously. We put our trust in our God fully and in the Holy Spirit to be our righteousness. It's that simple. It's not complicated. It's real easy. His yoke is easy and his burden is light! Praise God!

Btw, how did you do yesterday? Did you walk in the Spirit all day? Did anything hinder you? I pray nothing did. God bless. Peace.
    Alright, so that settles that. I was scared you may say you were 100% perfect and have never failed in your Christian walk. Not that we can't live in holiness on a day to day basis (which we should if we're walking in the spirit), but we are not perfected on this side of eternity. My question still remains: If we truly do have a new nature (which we do), why is it still possible to sin? Wouldn't that mean that the old nature is still there, which would mean that we as Christians still battle and struggle. This is where we may agree to disagree because. The reason why we can still sin is because we still have that sin nature. What else would you call it? Is it safe to say that we are playing semantics?

Yesterday went really good! My walk in Christ was wonderful. Not to say that this entire walk is a breeze, it's really a beast, but thankfully the Lord is leading and guiding me into all righteousness. So yes, wonderful day in Christ! I pray you also are walking in the light with which the Lord has created you to do. We are not defeated! God bless!
    Last edited by The Light Within; 12-22-2017 at 12:08 PM.
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / Datin

Thanks

Yes! The opposite of togetherness is dissension and strife, which the Bible strongly condemns. Divisions within the body of Christ halt God’s work through us and turn our focus inward rather than outward toward others. Christ’s church consists of all believers; we have been baptized into His body and gifted in various ways to benefit that body. When we work together, rather than each one seeking his or her own agenda, we accomplish more for God’s kingdom. Togetherness in spirit, with Christ as our Head, is God’s ideal for His family.

In essentials unity, in non-essentials liberty, in all things charity. (Thank you Rupertus Meldenius!)

Thanks

Alright, so that settles that. I was scared you may say you were 100% perfect and have never failed in your Christian walk. Not that we can't live in holiness on a day to day basis (which we should if we're walking in the spirit), but we are not perfected on this side of eternity. My question still remains: If we truly do have a new nature (which we do), why is it still possible to sin? Wouldn't that mean that the old nature is still there, which would mean that we as Christians still battle and struggle. This is where we may agree to disagree because. The reason why we can still sin is because we still have that sin nature. What else would you call it? Is it safe to say that we are playing semantics?

Yesterday went really good! My walk in Christ was wonderful. Not to say that this entire walk is a breeze, it's really a beast, but thankfully the Lord is leading and guiding me into all righteousness. So yes, wonderful day in Christ! I pray you also are walking in the light with which the Lord has created you to do. We are not defeated! God bless!
    I would say that Christians sin because they want to sin. In other words they choose to sin. I would also say that Christians sin largely out of habit now and not by a sin nature. This is why we as Christians are instructed in the Word to renew our mind. We're also instructed to put on the full armor of God to be able to stand up and defeat the wiles of the enemy. The battlefield is in the mind. This is why we have to cast down every thought that exalts itself above the knowledge of God without exception...That battle of the mind is ongoing and unrelenting 24/7. Sin for a believer exists outside of himself...Sin is always making every effort to get back in through our thought-life and through our 5 senses. It is only through walking in the Spirit continually (24/7) 365, that we are able to live victoriously. It is possible to do this. (Sin has been defeated and has no dominion over us anymore as believers.) Austin and I aren't the only Christians doing this. There are scores of believers who do likewise. I believe that you are gonna soon be counted in their ranks. Be encouraged brother.

I'm glad to hear that your walk yesterday was wonderful. You're right in the beginning it isn't a breeze. But once you start to walk in the Spirit continually you'll look back on these days right now and thank God that he gave you the will and the ability of live your life in total victory over sin, the devil and all the evil in the world.
    Last edited by LUPE; 12-22-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Thanks

Light there is one more important thing to add: When you're walking in the Spirit continually you'll soon develop "keen situational awareness." This skill is critical in swiftly learning how to cast down every thought that exalts itself above the knowledge of God. It is through keen situational awareness that we develop the ability to react instantly to every thought that exalts itself to the knowledge of God and to cast it down right then and there in a nano-second so to speak. It is warfare of the mind after all. God bless. Peace.

Thanks

I would say that Christians sin because they want to sin. In other words they choose to sin. I would also say that Christians sin largely out of habit now and not by a sin nature. This is why we as Christians are instructed in the Word to renew our mind. We're also instructed to put on the full armor of God to be able to stand up and defeat the wiles of the enemy. The battlefield is in the mind. This is why we have to cast down every thought that exalts itself above the knowledge of God without exception...That battle of the mind is ongoing and unrelenting 24/7. Sin for a believer exists outside of himself...Sin is always making every effort to get back in through our thought-life and through our 5 senses. It is only through walking in the Spirit continually (24/7) 365, that we are able to live victoriously. It is possible to do this. (Sin has been defeated and has no dominion over us anymore as believers.) Austin and I aren't the only Christians doing this. There are scores of believers who do likewise. I believe that you are gonna soon be counted in their ranks. Be encouraged brother.

I'm glad to hear that your walk yesterday was wonderful. You're right in the beginning it isn't a breeze. But once you start to walk in the Spirit continually you'll look back on these days right now and thank God that he gave you the will and the ability of live your life in total victory over sin, the devil and all the evil in the world.

So when we have brand new resurrected bodies is it still possible to sin? Can we still choose to sin? Why can we still sin now? It simply can't be because we are just in error. I know you answered earlier, however it still doesn't add up. What is the difference between us living in this world now and the world we will soon inherit?

I don't want to make it seem because I'm Christian and can overcome sin that I have the answers to all life's questions or that I don't have any difficulties in life. We need to be careful how we come across to people. Not any of this we are the head not the tail nonsense that Christians are fed making them feel as if they can't measure up because they don't have nicer material possessions etc.

Thanks

Light there is one more important thing to add: When you're walking in the Spirit continually you'll soon develop "keen situational awareness." This skill is critical in swiftly learning how to cast down every thought that exalts itself above the knowledge of God. It is through keen situational awareness that we develop the ability to react instantly to every thought that exalts itself to the knowledge of God and to cast it down right then and there in a nano-second so to speak. It is warfare of the mind after all. God bless. Peace.
    I get you on this, trust me I do! A discerning mind demonstrates wisdom and insight that go beyond what is seen and heard. We are commanded to “hate what is evil; cling to what is good” (Romans 12:9). But, unless we have true discernment, how can we determine what is “evil” and what is “good”? In order to maintain the purity of the gospel, the church must distinguish truth from heresy. Wisdom also demands that we properly discriminate between what is “best” and what is merely “good.” Discernment also has many collateral benefits. “My son, preserve sound judgment and discernment, do not let them out of your sight; they will be life for you, an ornament to grace your neck. Then you will go on your way in safety, and your foot will not stumble; when you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet” (Proverbs 3:21-24). Just as Solomon sought discernment and wisdom to explore the handiwork of God and seek the meaning of life, so should believers seek the wisdom that comes from heaven. We must study the Scriptures which are able to make us wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

Thanks

So when we have brand new resurrected bodies is it still possible to sin? Can we still choose to sin? Why can we still sin now? It simply can't be because we are just in error. I know you answered earlier, however it still doesn't add up. What is the difference between us living in this world now and the world we will soon inherit?

I don't want to make it seem because I'm Christian and can overcome sin that I have the answers to all life's questions or that I don't have any difficulties in life. We need to be careful how we come across to people. Not any of this we are the head not the tail nonsense that Christians are fed making them feel as if they can't measure up because they don't have nicer material possessions etc.
    Is it still possible to sin when we have our new resurrected bodies? I can't say for certain. Your question is interesting and got me to thinking about Adam and Eve in the Garden Of Eden. In the Garden, Adam and Eve didn't have a knowledge of sin yet they chose to disobey God. They didn't have a sin nature just like Born Again Christians who have partaken of the divine nature. The similarity between them and Christians is that if Satan is around you can be sure temptation to sin will always be offered by that loser because he's consistent. That's been true from the Garden Of Eden and moving forward for mankind. Satan is the bane of our existence as humans saved and unsaved. But 'The Good News' is that as Christians we're more than conquerors in Christ. The Last Adam has ordained the we partake of us his divine nature as Christians so that we can now live as he did when he came to live among men. He has left us an example of how to live in total trust and reliance on God so that we can shine as lights in this world.

Christians will have difficulties and tribulations in this world for sure. This is even more so as Christians walk in the Spirit continually and uninterrupted.
    Last edited by LUPE; 12-23-2017 at 03:06 AM.

Thanks

Is it still possible to sin when we have our new resurrected bodies? I can't say for certain. Your question is interesting and got me to thinking about Adam and Eve in the Garden Of Eden. In the Garden, Adam and Eve didn't have a knowledge of sin yet they chose to disobey God. They didn't have a sin nature just like Born Again Christians who have partaken of the divine nature. The similarity between them and Christians is that if Satan is around you can be sure temptation to sin will always be offered by that loser because he's consistent. That's been true from the Garden Of Eden and moving forward for mankind. Satan is the bane of our existence as humans saved and unsaved. But 'The Good News' is that as Christians we're more than conquerors in Christ. The Last Adam has ordained the we partake of us his divine nature as Christians so that we can now live as he did when he came to live among men. He has left us an example of how to live in total trust and reliance on God so that we can shine as lights in this world.

Christians will have difficulties and tribulations in this world for sure. This is even more so as Christians walk in the Spirit continually and uninterrupted.
    Sin is coming short of the glory of God, in whose image Adam and Eve were created. Only God is perfect in the full sense of being without the possibility of sinning. Adam and Eve must have been created with the power of choice, or God would not have given them a command and punished them for disobeying it. I don't believe we will have this choice in heaven.

The glorification that God promises His children necessarily includes sinlessness, because sinful beings cannot be glorious. Heaven, the place of God’s glory, is sinless. Paul prays in 1 Thessalonians 5:23, “May the God of peace himself sanctify you completely,” and he links the glorious appearing of Christ to our personal glorification: “When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory” (Colossians 3:4). This glorified state will be our ultimate separation from sin, a total sanctification in every regard. It will not be possible for us to sin in heaven.

We know that heaven or the eternal state is completely holy. There will be no possibility of sin, we will be clothed with righteousness, and will we be eternally confirmed in our state of bliss. The work that God promised to complete in us will have been finished. Our deliverance will be complete, as the elect (saved) are redeemed (body, soul, and mind) to the glory of the Lamb.
    Last edited by The Light Within; 12-23-2017 at 02:17 PM.

Thanks

I don't believe we will have this choice in heaven.
    Light, what leads you to believe this bro?

Thanks

Light, what leads you to believe this bro?
    Did you take into consideration what was said after? Here, I'll break it down a bit more. The fact that Adam and Eve had a choice to make in the Garden of Eden shows beyond all doubt that mankind was created with a free will. To back up a bit, we need an acceptable definition of free will. We have free will, but not in the way most people think. Our freedom consists in the fact that we are free to choose according to our desires. As long as we have a minimum of two available options, we must make a choice, and we will always do so according to our strongest desire. But, in the case of a fallen sinner, he or she is not at liberty to choose according to righteousness.

When we are saved, we are liberated from our natural bondage to sin. The Holy Spirit sovereignly regenerates us and in grace gives us the ability to want what we ought to want, namely, forgiveness, salvation, and the lordship of Christ. When we trust in Jesus for salvation, we begin a moral progression, a journey toward holiness in which we put to death daily the sinful impulses that reside within us and strive toward godliness. In heaven we will be completely devoid of sin; our only desires will be for the things of God—things that bless us, fulfill us, and give us life. This is true liberty. We will retain our free will in heaven, but our will is sanctified there. The sin nature will be gone (this is where Lupe and I would disagree).

In heaven we are completely conformed to the image of Christ. Our sanctification will be finished; we will not even want to sin. Also, in heaven there is no temptation to lure us and no devil to deceive us. Unlike Adam and Eve, we will face no test; our moral state will be secure. No one will get kicked out of heaven. Just as our Lord Jesus has a truly free will yet is without sin, so will we retain a free will yet be without sin. We will be like Him.

Before salvation, our free will on earth is limited by our inability to choose what is right. After salvation, our free will struggles between choosing what is right and what is wrong. In heaven our free will is limited by our inability to choose what is wrong. In our glorified state, we will exercise our free will to choose what is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, and admirable. Make more sense?
    Last edited by The Light Within; 12-23-2017 at 02:19 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to The Light Within For This Useful Post:

Caleb (12-26-2017)

Thanks

Thanks for shedding more "Light" for me brother! I think I understand where you are coming from better now.

Yet I'm troubled. I have often heard people use "the sin nature" as an excuse to accept patterns of thought and actions that we don't have to live with. Please know I am not accusing you of doing this, because since I have known you, I have not heard you use any excuse for sin. But it begs the question. Is it true, are we simply powerless against our sin nature, even after being born again?

Admittedly, it is convenient to have our "sin nature" to blame for our sin. It allows people to lower the standard in the church (and their own lives). All we have to do is pull the "I can't help it, it's the sin nature within me" card.

But is it truth? Did Christ die and resurrect for a church that lives in continual defeat?

From what I have gathered, that's where LUPE and AB are not content to remain. They are preaching that it's not only possible, but the very thing Christ died for, namely a pure, spotless Bride. A Bride that can (and should) live sin free, by His power, for His Glory and their joy!

Refreshingly, I heard LUPE admit that he has sinned (so he's not boasting in a sinless perfection), but yet he is also disciplining his mind to be set on things above, where Christ is seated, not on earthly things (where sin abounds).

It's a paradigm shift, that's for sure. One aspect of the "victorious life in Christ", that is constantly inspiring, is the reality that we are truly no longer slaves to sin (which means we also never have an excuse for sin). It raises the standard! The standard is Christ! Where is Christ? WITHIN!! BY THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT!!

Are we all saying the same thing, just in different ways, brothers?

I hope I'm not mis-stating anything here, as I continue to process these things.

Love you brothers a lot!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Caleb For This Useful Post:

LUPE (12-27-2017)

Thanks

Thanks for shedding more "Light" for me brother! I think I understand where you are coming from better now.

Yet I'm troubled. I have often heard people use "the sin nature" as an excuse to accept patterns of thought and actions that we don't have to live with. Please know I am not accusing you of doing this, because since I have known you, I have not heard you use any excuse for sin. But it begs the question. Is it true, are we simply powerless against our sin nature, even after being born again?

Admittedly, it is convenient to have our "sin nature" to blame for our sin. It allows people to lower the standard in the church (and their own lives). All we have to do is pull the "I can't help it, it's the sin nature within me" card.

But is it truth? Did Christ die and resurrect for a church that lives in continual defeat?

From what I have gathered, that's where LUPE and AB are not content to remain. They are preaching that it's not only possible, but the very thing Christ died for, namely a pure, spotless Bride. A Bride that can (and should) live sin free, by His power, for His Glory and their joy!

Refreshingly, I heard LUPE admit that he has sinned (so he's not boasting in a sinless perfection), but yet he is also disciplining his mind to be set on things above, where Christ is seated, not on earthly things (where sin abounds).

It's a paradigm shift, that's for sure. One aspect of the "victorious life in Christ", that is constantly inspiring, is the reality that we are truly no longer slaves to sin (which means we also never have an excuse for sin). It raises the standard! The standard is Christ! Where is Christ? WITHIN!! BY THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT!!

Are we all saying the same thing, just in different ways, brothers?

I hope I'm not mis-stating anything here, as I continue to process these things.

Love you brothers a lot!
    Thank you for your post Caleb. The Church isn't called to continual defeat but to continually walk in the Spirit. Since we live in the Spirit we should also walk in the Spirit continually. I know from personal experience that this is possible. I walk in the Spirit continually as does Austin Bentley and many others around the world. All we focus on is Jesus. Our minds are always on Jesus. It's a beautiful thing to walk in the liberty wherein Christ has set us free. That freedom is real and tangible in the Spirit. This is real! This is powerful! But it is only possible if you renew your mind daily and cast down every thought that exalts itself above the knowledge of God 24/7, 365 . This takes discipline. Learn to rest in Christ. Stop striving for holiness as you have already apprehended it in Christ. Stay in the Spirit and walk as Christ did. That's his will for everyone of us. God bless you guys. Peace and grace.

A few final thoughts. I encourage everyone to do this tomorrow. When you wake up immediately first thing: Get in the Spirit. Next thing: Make it a goal that today you're gonna walk in the Spirit as long as you can. If you slip. Don't worry. Dust yourself off. Get back in the Spirit immediately. Start all over again. You'll soon notice that you're walking in the Spirit a lot longer every time you purpose in the mind to remain in the Spirit. This is key. Your goal is to do a paradigm shift. Before you know it you're walking in the Spirit 60 to 70% of the time. It takes time to unlearn things and patterns of thinking. But it is possible. We as Christians can actually get to the point that walking in the Spirit continually is our natural course of things. At that point all you want to do is walk in the Spirit. God bless. Peace and grace.
    Last edited by LUPE; 12-27-2017 at 05:31 AM.

Thanks

Is it true, are we simply powerless against our sin nature, even after being born again?
    Absolutely not! We don’t lose our sin nature once we receive Christ, but sin will remain in us and a struggle with that old nature will continue as long as we are in this world. Paul lamented his own personal struggle in Romans 7:15–25. But we have help in the battle—divine help. The Spirit of God takes up residence in each believer and supplies the power we need to overcome the pull of the sin nature within us. “No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God” (1 John 3:9).

Regarding holiness, when God told Israel to be holy in Leviticus 11 and 19, He was instructing them to be distinct from the other nations by giving them specific regulations to govern their lives. Israel is God's chosen nation and God has set them apart from all other people groups. They are His special people, and consequently they were given standards that God wanted them to live by so the world would know they belonged to Him. When Peter repeats the Lord's words in 1 Peter 1:16, he is talking specifically to believers. As believers, we need to be "set apart" from the world unto the Lord. We need to be living by God's standards, not the world's. We need to be distinct from the world. First Peter 2:9 describes believers as "a holy nation." It is a fact! We are separated from the world; we need to live out that reality in our day-to-day lives, which Peter tells us how to do in 1 Peter 1:13-16.

Holiness only results from a right relationship with God by believing in Jesus Christ as Savior (accepting His gift of eternal life). If we have not placed our faith in God's Son alone to save us from our sins, then our pursuit of holiness is in vain. So, we must first make sure we are born-again believers (see John 3). If we truly are believers, then we recognize that our position in Christ automatically sets us apart from the world. After all, we have a relationship with the living God! Then we must daily live a set-apart life, not trying to "blend in" with the world, but instead living according to God's Word as we study the Bible and grow in it.

This is what I've set out to do on this board since the beginning—let all the believers here know we should strive for holiness. When excuses for sin were being made I continued to share how we are called to live holy lives in light of what Christ has done in our lives. Thankfully, a lot have heeded this message (even personally responding) and these words never fell on deaf ears. It's been a battle yes, but overall it's been a blessing. It doesn't matter if there are thousands participating on this board or even one because every soul matters. My job, nor yours Caleb, is not done.
    Last edited by The Light Within; 12-27-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Thread Information