Widgets Magazine
    HCR Veterano
    Thanks

Default The Strongest Christian

Have you ever heard someone say, I can handle it "I am a strong Christian" talking about movies, secular music, and drinking they think just because they don't act out on it that it's not a sin but to me, its the sin, and the acting out is what makes it fun so what's the point of doing it?

Do you believe the STRONG CHRISTIAN lie? I think its just an excuse to sin.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tarii_2sweet For This Useful Post:

The Light Within (12-08-2017)

Western Canada in an igloo (with central heating).
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,631 Times in 1,801 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tarii_2sweet View Post
    Have you ever heard someone say, I can handle it "I am a strong Christian" talking about movies, secular music, and drinking they think just because they don't act out on it that it's not a sin but to me, its the sin, and the acting out is what makes it fun so what's the point of doing it?

Do you believe the STRONG CHRISTIAN lie? I think its just an excuse to sin.
    Great question! As Christians, we are to be strong in the mighty power of God. This means that our strength is not our own; it is not human or fleshly. Our strength is not of the world, but our strength is found in Christ—in our having a vibrant, dynamic relationship with Him. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13). In other words, there is no other source that gives us the strength to overcome the world with its trials, its temptations, and death. It is through submission to God’s strength that we overcome the power of Satan: “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you” (James 4:7). It is by first aligning ourselves with the strength of God through our total submission to Him that we are able to withstand the wiles of the evil one: “Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil” (Ephesians 6:10-11).

With that being said, we should never try to justify doing certain activities we like when we know it's wrong. An example of this would be to watch things that do not edify Christ and are sinful. If we love God, we will obey Him. We won’t be perfect in our obedience, but our desire is to submit to the Lord and display good works. When we love God and obey Him, we naturally have love for one another. Obedience to God’s commands will make us light and salt in a dark and tasteless world. So do we sin? Yes. Do we willfully continue in sin? No. Scripture indicates that, while we will always fall short of the glory of God we have the hope that the power of God is at work in us to make us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image. After all, isn't this what's needed in the world we live in today?

So the point isn't whether or not we can handle watching filth. We can all fall so none of us should ever say we are strong Christians. The point is staying away from content that is sinful and not trying to justify what we are already told to stay away from.
    Last edited by The Light Within; 12-08-2017 at 02:33 PM.
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / — Datin

4. The Following User Says Thank You to The Light Within For This Useful Post:

Nefu (12-27-2017)

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

Why do you insist on speaking to a person who you "claim" called you wife and whore and threaten you?
    Last edited by Tarii_2sweet; 12-09-2017 at 04:57 PM.

Thanks

Why do you insist on speaking to a person who you "claim" called you wife and whore and threaten you?
    Because Jesus would do the same thing. Plus the questions you're bringing up now are questions that others may have and these questions need proper break downs so that others may not be led astray. It's questions like these with responses like mine that have promoted many to message me and be grateful for the responses given, as well as taking a firm stand for the word of God without swaying to and fro. There's always people watching and every soul matters to me. This is the main reason why I'm even still around here after all these years. I may never see any of these people face to face, but every single person matters.
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / — Datin

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

Nah .. I think you're just gulity. You weren't like this before the lie.

Thanks

Nah .. I think you're just gulity. You weren't like this before the lie.
    I'm not going to continue playing your games. Thankfully London can see your deleted posts and knows what your purpose is all about here. If you ask questions like these I'll respond because truth matters. If you continue to stir the pot and cause chaos I'm just going to stay away. It would be nice though if your entertainment didn't come in the form of the latter. It's time to start focusing on Philippians 4:8.
    Last edited by The Light Within; 12-11-2017 at 02:14 AM.

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Light Within View Post
    I'm not going to continue playing your games. Thankfully London can see your deleted posts and knows what your purpose is all about here. If you ask questions like these I'll respond because truth matters. If you continue to stir the pot and cause chaos I'm just going to stay away. It would be nice though if your entertainment didn't come in the form of the latter. It's time to start focusing on Philippians 4:8.
    You know what I don't really care anymore. Think what you want to about me I don't know you, and you don't know me. I have to much going on in my real life to argue with a person I will never meet.
    Last edited by Tarii_2sweet; 12-11-2017 at 12:58 PM.

Thanks

You know what I don't really care anymore. Think what you want to about me I don't know you, and you don't know me. I have to much going on in my real life to argue with a person I will never meet.

Last edited by The Light Within; 12-11-2017 at 08:59 PM.

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

BtW with all of the threads London has closed down that you started lmbo I wouldn't go there.lmbo. I wonder have he seen that Buffy you posted as yourself on family pic thread then deleted it really fast. I know that not you BTW lol.
    Last edited by Tarii_2sweet; 12-12-2017 at 10:44 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Light Within View Post
    Great question! As Christians, we are to be strong in the mighty power of God. This means that our strength is not our own; it is not human or fleshly. Our strength is not of the world, but our strength is found in Christ—in our having a vibrant, dynamic relationship with Him. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13). In other words, there is no other source that gives us the strength to overcome the world with its trials, its temptations, and death. It is through submission to God’s strength that we overcome the power of Satan: “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you” (James 4:7). It is by first aligning ourselves with the strength of God through our total submission to Him that we are able to withstand the wiles of the evil one: “Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil” (Ephesians 6:10-11).

With that being said, we should never try to justify doing certain activities we like when we know it's wrong. An example of this would be to watch things that do not edify Christ and are sinful. If we love God, we will obey Him. We won’t be perfect in our obedience, but our desire is to submit to the Lord and display good works. When we love God and obey Him, we naturally have love for one another. Obedience to God’s commands will make us light and salt in a dark and tasteless world. So do we sin? Yes. Do we willfully continue in sin? No. Scripture indicates that, while we will always fall short of the glory of God we have the hope that the power of God is at work in us to make us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image. After all, isn't this what's needed in the world we live in today?

So the point isn't whether or not we can handle watching filth. We can all fall so none of us should ever say we are strong Christians. The point is staying away from content that is sinful and not trying to justify what we are already told to stay away from.
    props!
    Would you also advise that, if path A, leads one to sin, avoid it regardless of one's length of time with the Lord?
    [I]'I Love You' 8 Letters, 3 Words, 1 Meaning.
    John 3:16.

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nefu For This Useful Post:

The Light Within (12-28-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nefu View Post
    props!Would you also advise that, if path A, leads one to sin, avoid it regardless of one's length of time with the Lord?
    Yep, you better believe it! We need to remember that our bodies, as well as our souls, have been redeemed and belong to God. “Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body” (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). This great truth should have a real bearing on what we do and where we go.

In addition, we must evaluate our actions not only in relation to God, but also in relation to their effect on our family, our friends, and other people in general. Even if a particular thing may not hurt us personally, if it harmfully influences or affects someone else, it is a sin. “It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother to fall....We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves” (Romans 14:21; 15:1).

Finally, remember that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior, and nothing else can be allowed to take priority over our conformity to His will. No habit or recreation or ambition can be allowed to have undue control over our lives; only Christ has that authority. “Everything is permissible for me—but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me—but I will not be mastered by anything” (1 Corinthians 6:12). “And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him” (Colossians 3:17).

15. The Following User Says Thank You to The Light Within For This Useful Post:

Nefu (01-06-2018)

Thread Information