Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 62
  1. #1
    HCR Ole' Head The Light Within's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Western Canada in an igloo (with central heating).
    Posts
    7,644
    Thanks
    907
    Thanked 2,640 Times in 1,809 Posts

    Default /// The NEW official J'son album thread ///

    It has now been confirmed that J'son will be releasing a new album based on his recent discussions regarding the album getting closer to being done. He is currently working with JR to knock out the last few songs. He's definitely my personal favorite rapper, so anything he drops is usually fire for me, but since many of you have different tastes it's not expected that you will agree.

    So in regards to my previous statement what specifically are you looking for from J'son and who do you want to see on his album?


    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / — Datin

  2. #2
    HCR Ole' Head The Light Within's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Western Canada in an igloo (with central heating).
    Posts
    7,644
    Thanks
    907
    Thanked 2,640 Times in 1,809 Posts

    Default

    Honestly, his flow and the heartfelt sincerity mixed with raw passion makes him an artist to play around many people. Many of his albums have touched my life and the lives of many around me.

    A few years ago he had replied to me in one of my threads:


    Quote Originally Posted by Json View Post
    I want let you know I really appreciate the encouragement Fam. Your words are super encouraging man. I don't visit this board much anymore but this certainly brought joy to my heart. New stuff in the works so stay posted.
    My response to him:

    I'll tell you this, if you keep putting out Christ centered music mixed with heartfelt sincerity and raw passion, I'll keep listening and letting all who are in my vicinity hear it as well! To me what you do is more than music, it's ministry. I don't listen to be entertained, however I believe all that you put out should be top notch. Because of the realness of how you lay down the tracks and the content within, I'm usually brought to tears instantly when listening.

    I do not listen to any secular music anymore as I have been delivered from wanting to hear nonsense that doesn't glorify Christ, so it's wonderful to come across such a passionate artist as yourself. Personally, your outward passion on many topics is understandable as I myself am very passionate when telling others about Jesus. The realness of your transformation is so awesome to see. Out of all the albums in my collection yours is played on repeat the most.

    You have not only inspired me, but many others in my life who have heard your music. My mother even starts discussing the songs when she hears a song from you. She is usually in tears as well and will say, "Who is that again"? Like I said previously, your track "good-bye" is just too real. I understand every single line you wrote and have heartfelt compassion with what you are going through or have gone through. My father left before I was born and I basically had to raise myself all on my own and I could have easily went the wrong way, but the Lord transformed me and gave me a passion for Him like I have never experienced before involving anything. This is also one of the reasons your passion is heard and felt. When you come on a track and give it your all with that emotion in your voice, it sure makes an impact, and even when you lay down tracks that have the perfect backdrop setting to what you are conveying it's even that much more stunning.

    Overall, I'm so thankful Christ has transformed you and is using you to spread the Gospel the way you do. Thank you J'SON from the depths of my heart for who you are and what you have done. You may not always see who is being impacted by what you are doing, but God is working in the unseen and I'm living proof of that brother. Lord bless you!
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / — Datin

  3. #3
    HCR Ole' Head jeyjey34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    15,375
    Thanks
    8,983
    Thanked 6,128 Times in 3,532 Posts

    Default

    He's one of my favorites. I'd like to see him go back to a City Lights type of feel in his music and make songs that touch on serious issues like "Parent Me" and "Secrets".
    "Oh God, you are my God and I will ever praise you."

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeyjey34 For This Useful Post:

    Brotha Kali (12-09-2014), jayhopeishere (10-21-2014), The Light Within (10-20-2014)

  5. #4
    HCR Ole' Head The Light Within's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Western Canada in an igloo (with central heating).
    Posts
    7,644
    Thanks
    907
    Thanked 2,640 Times in 1,809 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeyjey34 View Post
    He's one of my favorites. I'd like to see him go back to a City Lights type of feel in his music and make songs that touch on serious issues like "Parent Me" and "Secrets".
    "Secrets" is so real man, seriously. If you can't feel that there's got to be something wrong with your emotions, you know. As far as him working with J.R goes, is it lyrically or musically? What exactly does he mean by that?
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / — Datin

  6. #5
    Young Bol
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    154
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 312 Times in 77 Posts

    Default

    Again brother super encouraged by you man. And since you got questions I got answers.

    1. Jr. is not just producing the last few songs on the project he has been involved since it started. Hes not producing everything but he is overseeing the entire project.
    2. I went to Miami some months ago and worked with 4 producers Jr included to pretty produce the entire album with the exception of a couple songs.
    3. There is nothing pop nor ccm sounding on this album. Its maybe one record that comes close to pop and even that is hard. When you hear it that will make sense.
    4. I dont try to redo album but this album is almost like a new improved City Lights in some ways.
    5. I dont have a parent me or secrets on this album as I feel those songs are records I could never really reproduce but as always I have heartfelt records.
    6. The reason the sound is harder and a bit different from my last 2 is because Im in a different place. I moving back to St. Louis in July and while this album is not a tribute to my city sonically you will be able to tell Im excited about that face.

    Last thing I will say. Growing Pains is my personal favorite record Ive done. I know some did not like it sonically but I feel the only reason to dislike that album would be preference. It was not a kids album it was very grown in its content. Its also the most personal record Ive ever written. Braille on the other hand is a album that I thought had some good songs but was not a completely great album imo. Thats just me being honest with myself. After sitting with that album for over a year now I feel like man I could have done so much better. Funny things is by Gods grace its people who still love that album man. This album Im working now Ive the hardest I ever have on a album and everybody that has heard it says it shows. The album will be released end of first quarter of next year. Hope that answers a few of the questions.

  7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Json For This Useful Post:

    Brotha Kali (12-09-2014), cculley121 (10-22-2014), jayhopeishere (10-21-2014), jeyjey34 (10-22-2014), JoshGordon (10-21-2014), Mr.Gray (10-23-2014), Quiet storm (10-21-2014), The Light Within (10-21-2014), Wasteplace (10-22-2014)

  8. #6
    HCR Veterano JoshGordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,377
    Thanks
    448
    Thanked 474 Times in 332 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Json View Post
    Again brother super encouraged by you man. And since you got questions I got answers.

    1. Jr. is not just producing the last few songs on the project he has been involved since it started. Hes not producing everything but he is overseeing the entire project.
    2. I went to Miami some months ago and worked with 4 producers Jr included to pretty produce the entire album with the exception of a couple songs.
    3. There is nothing pop nor ccm sounding on this album. Its maybe one record that comes close to pop and even that is hard. When you hear it that will make sense.
    4. I dont try to redo album but this album is almost like a new improved City Lights in some ways.
    5. I dont have a parent me or secrets on this album as I feel those songs are records I could never really reproduce but as always I have heartfelt records.
    6. The reason the sound is harder and a bit different from my last 2 is because Im in a different place. I moving back to St. Louis in July and while this album is not a tribute to my city sonically you will be able to tell Im excited about that face.

    Last thing I will say. Growing Pains is my personal favorite record Ive done. I know some did not like it sonically but I feel the only reason to dislike that album would be preference. It was not a kids album it was very grown in its content. Its also the most personal record Ive ever written. Braille on the other hand is a album that I thought had some good songs but was not a completely great album imo. Thats just me being honest with myself. After sitting with that album for over a year now I feel like man I could have done so much better. Funny things is by Gods grace its people who still love that album man. This album Im working now Ive the hardest I ever have on a album and everybody that has heard it says it shows. The album will be released end of first quarter of next year. Hope that answers a few of the questions.
    Glad you can clarify a few things.


    Formerly Known as K-Train

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to JoshGordon For This Useful Post:

    The Light Within (10-21-2014)

  10. #7
    HCR Ole' Head The Light Within's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Western Canada in an igloo (with central heating).
    Posts
    7,644
    Thanks
    907
    Thanked 2,640 Times in 1,809 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Json View Post
    Again brother super encouraged by you man.
    Amen. With all the encouragement you have given others, it's only right you get that same encouragement back. You are hands down the most influential person in this present world to have impacted my walk with Christ to an even greater depth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Json View Post
    1. Jr. is not just producing the last few songs on the project he has been involved since it started. Hes not producing everything but he is overseeing the entire project.
    You two work well together, and "parent me" is a definite testament to that fact. Not that the track in itself shows compatibility across the board, but that song is so perfect and blends so well together it's hard to say you two don't work well together.

    Quote Originally Posted by Json View Post
    2. I went to Miami some months ago and worked with 4 producers Jr included to pretty produce the entire album with the exception of a couple songs.
    So there's definitely going to be some variety on the album. That's great to hear!

    Quote Originally Posted by Json View Post
    3. There is nothing pop nor ccm sounding on this album. Its maybe one record that comes close to pop and even that is hard. When you hear it that will make sense.
    Honestly, J'son, even if you did put out songs that sound poppish or ccm sounding, that's alright because you do it in such a way that doesn't go overboard. It's hard to explain, but even your realness shines though on tracks that are considered pop, and that's what makes the tracks sound even better!

    Quote Originally Posted by Json View Post
    4. I dont try to redo album but this album is almost like a new improved City Lights in some ways.
    Well, in that case, we better get ready for some more hits!

    Quote Originally Posted by Json View Post
    5. I dont have a parent me or secrets on this album as I feel those songs are records I could never really reproduce but as always I have heartfelt records.
    That makes sense. There are moments we go through in our lives that we may or may not ever go through again, and it's at that very moment that we are going though (whatever it may) be that we will shine the greatest when expressing how we feel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Json View Post
    6. The reason the sound is harder and a bit different from my last 2 is because Im in a different place. I moving back to St. Louis in July and while this album is not a tribute to my city sonically you will be able to tell Im excited about that face.
    Speaking of moving. My #1 all time favorite song is "Goodbye." You could have easily added one more verse to the track to make it longer, however it's still quite amazing in my opinion, and when you speak from the heart that's all that truly matters. It's real, raw, powerful, solid, emotional, passionate, and very transparent. The way the music flows is perfectly blended in the background with how you rap and it hit me extremely hard while listening. You sure have a way with words that tug right at the heart in a very real and emotional way. Your music has inspired me and countless others (who don't even listen to rap) to either walk with more integrity or actually help in becoming saved, and it's all because of the Christ in you that shines through.

    Quote Originally Posted by Json View Post
    Last thing I will say. Growing Pains is my personal favorite record Ive done. I know some did not like it sonically but I feel the only reason to dislike that album would be preference. It was not a kids album it was very grown in its content. Its also the most personal record Ive ever written. Braille on the other hand is a album that I thought had some good songs but was not a completely great album imo. Thats just me being honest with myself. After sitting with that album for over a year now I feel like man I could have done so much better. Funny things is by Gods grace its people who still love that album man. This album Im working now Ive the hardest I ever have on a album and everybody that has heard it says it shows. The album will be released end of first quarter of next year. Hope that answers a few of the questions.
    At this point it's hard to tell you what album is my favorite from you as every single one has it's special moments. "Growing pains" definitely was an introspective, deep, and very real album that some would find hard to listen to because it's that real. There were a few tracks on "Braille" that didn't exactly do anything for me such as "work," "play my song," and maybe a few others, however there were a few really hard hitting tracks that ooze passion in every single line which can not be understated or overlooked. You know, even my wife doesn't really like rap all that much, but often sings quite a few of your songs, even the bangers that go hard for the Lord, so that definitely says a lot. Trust me on that.

    Now, to switch gears a bit, you may not know my past very well (not that you should), however I've exposed quite a fair bit of my life on this forum here in hopes that others will be encouraged with any trials or tribulations they may be facing. Here's a brief run down (from a thread entitled "name some things you are doing these days in faith"):


    Quote Originally Posted by The Light Within View Post
    Agreed. I'll tell you though, it's tough sometimes. You see, I deal with hundreds of people almost everyday (except Sundays) in a business setting at an extremely high traffic area. I've been doing so for the last 12 years as I own my own kiosk as well as work elsewhere as a Sales Manager at one of the worlds largest malls. I've got to be dressed extremely professional almost every day and have a proper attitude. Even after 12 years of doing this type of business I still go out of my way to help people, answer their questions, point them in the right direction, even though I get asked 200 times a day. It gets very frustrating at times because people are becoming more and more rude, disrespectful and outright arrogant. Sure, we Canadians are known for being polite, but that title is starting to show it's true colors.

    Above helping people in a general sense, I'm waking up at 7:00am every morning to drive my wife to work, my step son (11) to school, my son (4) to day home and then head off to work myself. In the afternoon I leave work to pick up everyone again, drive them wherever they need to be (Taekwondo, grocery shopping, etc), drive them home and sometimes go back to work. Lately I've been taking off every evening to spend time with my wife and kids and helping out around the home. We usually have dinner together at the table discussing the Word of God and many important issues. Sunday, we all head to church and then try to relax at home together listening to various preachers and discussing life in general. I'm very involved in my families life in almost every aspect so that none of us are lacking in anything. It's definitely not easy, but worth all the effort involved.

    Now, with all that being said, I still try to make time for helping others, whether it be buying food for homeless people, lending money wherever possible to people who may need it, baking food (wife) for the people at church, helping out in the church kitchen, shoveling the snow off peoples driveways in the winter, and witness to people at work and people in general. There are many more random things our family does to help others, however that is just a brief list.

    None of this would even be possible if it weren't for God bringing me to the place where I can even help others. Thankfully he gave me the drive to excel in life even without finishing grade 10. You see, I was poor growing up as my mother was on welfare, in fact there were some days we didn't even have food to eat, but the Lord came through (even providing us with random bags of groceries when we opened our door in the morning)! Growing up I never learned much how to take care of others as my dad left before I was born (to go and live with another man who left his three children to live his gay lifestyle) and I was put in many foster/group homes because of his life altering decision later on. However thankfully, God knew what it would take to for me to handle life in general independently, and give me a compassionate heart for those who may be hurting around me, as well as giving me the ability to do what my dad never did for me (and that's provide for my wife and kids). Maybe that's why I resonate so much with rappers testimonies how they grew up rough and how the Lord transformed them completely? That's why I say give me the passionate, rough, raw, rugged lyrics for Christ that actually can truly help a person. Sometimes I even wonder how I got to where I'm at in life, as many of the people that grew up the way I did ended up on the streets, in jail, or even dead. No one has to be a product of their environment and in Christ anyone can become a new creation. It's a miracle!

    Anyhow, you may be wondering how I even have time to come here and have a chat, right? Especially with all those bills to pay (house, vehicle, Taekwondo, Christian schooling, dayhome, etc) and mouths to feed. Well, thankfully at work, when it's slow I'm able to come on here and unwind a bit. It's nice to have Christian community where we can discuss topics we may not be able to discuss elsewhere with other people. I realize that each and every one of you are more than profile pictures and usernames, and that you all have a life apart from this forum. While it can be tough interacting with certain people on the board, at the end of the day, I still have it in my heart to treat you all with respect as much as possible. Sure, I may get heated at times, but I can easily shake it off and usually forget the heated discussion with the person that had a problem with me or vice-verse, haha.

    I may have given you all a bit more detail into my life, but I'm an open book for all, and usually love to bring it all to the table in love. After all, none of us are robots and each and every one of you are special in Gods eyes. We are all unique, but in Christ we are one.
    In my life I've seen a lot of divorce, separation, poverty, anger and hatred, but my life now: 32 years old, married since 2008 (wife also left from the Philippines in 1999 living in extreme poverty) with two children (one step son) who all live for Christ each and every day:

    So, there you have it. A tiny little glimpse of my life. Was it an easy life? No, but God used the circumstances in my life to shape me into who He wanted me to be today. Now, you may understand a bit more when I say that music is more than simply just music. It's really a tool to minister, uplift, encourage and strengthen, and that you do well. Wasting my life with things that won't uplift, edify, or cause me to worship Christ is simply disregarded now as it does nothing to promote living a life pleasing unto God. This is why we need you brother!

    You know whatever a person allows to occupy their mind will sooner or later determine their speech and their actions, so doing the type of music you do is greatly appreciated. You, as well as all of us as believers need encouragement, and at the end of the day encouragement makes it easier for us believers to live in a fallen world in a holy way, makes it easier to love as Jesus loved, gives hope, helps us through times of discipline and testing, nurtures patience and kindness, makes it easier to sacrifice our own desires for the advancement of God’s kingdom. In short J'son, encouragement makes it easier to live the Christian life and for that you have done a great job and it can't be understated in the least. God loves you, God equips you, you are treasured, and your struggles are worth it my brother, so thank you for all that you do for the brethren and the lost. Keep helping those around you, especially since the world is becoming colder by the day and needs it more than ever. Thank you for being that dim light of hope.

    You have always been on my list to eventually have a sincere heart to heart conversation with, and thankfully through this medium we've been able to communicate. I'll never take that for granted, ever.



    Can't wait to hear your album and most of all share it with others who also need to hear the gospel.


    Sincerely,
    Your brother in Christ.
    Jordan.
    Last edited by The Light Within; 02-16-2017 at 02:05 PM.
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / — Datin

  11. #8
    HCR Ole' Head The Light Within's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Western Canada in an igloo (with central heating).
    Posts
    7,644
    Thanks
    907
    Thanked 2,640 Times in 1,809 Posts

    Default

    Did anyone ever get to see the movie "Dreams" that J'son played a role in?

    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / — Datin

  12. #9
    Young Bol
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    423
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 164 Times in 119 Posts

    Default

    Json's cool. From a personal enjoyment perspective, I wish that he would do songs more along the lines of his verses in Shai Linne's "Martyrs" and Timothy Brindle's "Completion Cypher". But he is very talented and passionate. Plus, he is Christcentered in his lyrics. I am glad that Lamp mode promoted him.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unworthy For This Useful Post:

    shekinahsmoke (10-29-2014), The Light Within (10-24-2014)

  14. #10
    HCR Veterano
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,643
    Thanks
    347
    Thanked 483 Times in 360 Posts

    Default

    "I Do" and "My Heart Your Home" are two of my favorite songs period. Can't wait to hear what you've been working on.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Gray For This Useful Post:

    The Light Within (10-24-2014)

  16. #11
    HCR Ole' Head The Light Within's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Western Canada in an igloo (with central heating).
    Posts
    7,644
    Thanks
    907
    Thanked 2,640 Times in 1,809 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gray View Post
    "I Do" and "My Heart Your Home" are two of my favorite songs period. Can't wait to hear what you've been working on.
    That's going back a few years now. Some of my favorites would be:

    The seasoning (2005): (a few dated beats but the message is on point)

    — Crying out
    — A-yo
    — N.J.D
    — Sin Problem
    — Spit it clear
    — What he wants

    Life on life (2008):


    — Who is he
    — Turning point
    — Run
    — Music
    — Move out
    — Grow

    City lights (2010):

    — City lights
    — Goon
    — Hope U See
    — Love like this
    — Unexpected happenings
    — Pray for my city
    — Parent Me
    — Making me Over
    — City Lights

    Growing Pains (2012):

    — Behind the clouds
    — Growing Pains intro
    — 2 Human
    — Held it down
    — It's alright
    — I the beast
    — My joy
    — Secrets
    — Goodbye (my favorite song of all time from any artist)

    Braille (2013):


    — Braille intro
    — Passing
    — Can't let go
    — Stars
    — Secrets 2
    — Trust you
    Last edited by The Light Within; 10-24-2014 at 11:24 AM.
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / — Datin

  17. #12
    HCR Ole' Head The Light Within's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Western Canada in an igloo (with central heating).
    Posts
    7,644
    Thanks
    907
    Thanked 2,640 Times in 1,809 Posts

    Default

    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / — Datin

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to The Light Within For This Useful Post:

    shekinahsmoke (10-29-2014)

  19. #13
    HCR Ole' Head undadog4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,425
    Thanks
    2,402
    Thanked 2,394 Times in 1,437 Posts

    Default

    somebody be sounding like a crazy groupie stan.

    anyway, im very skeptical about this new project. His last few have been bad to say the least. Il wait and see and listen to the free streams before making another purchase.

    In other news, whatever happened to that flame, json & thisl project? that never materialised...

  20. #14
    HCR Ole' Head jeyjey34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    15,375
    Thanks
    8,983
    Thanked 6,128 Times in 3,532 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undadog4eva View Post
    In other news, whatever happened to that flame, json & thisl project? that never materialised...
    It was supposed to happen last year. I guess they were all busy.
    "Oh God, you are my God and I will ever praise you."

  21. #15
    Young Bol
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    154
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 312 Times in 77 Posts

    Default Unda Help Me

    Quote Originally Posted by undadog4eva View Post
    somebody be sounding like a crazy groupie stan.

    anyway, im very skeptical about this new project. His last few have been bad to say the least. Il wait and see and listen to the free streams before making another purchase.

    In other news, whatever happened to that flame, json & thisl project? that never materialised...
    Unda - I normally dont do this but I have to ask. You said that my last few albums have been bad. Which is fine as a artist I realize that we are all entitled to our opinion. While I dont see Braille as a bad album I personally dont see it as a good one more like a average one honestly. So I can even understand somebody not liking that record. But when you mention Growing Pains on the list of Bad albums I need some clarity. I personally think GP was a really good album from top to bottom. Are you telling me that you just think its a bad album? Or are you saying its not your preference and thus a bad album. For example its plenty of album that I dont like the sound or whatever and its just not for me or my taste. However I can hear a album and say man this is not what I would rock with be see that its good the quality is good and it was done well. Im only asking because I find it really hard for anybody to just say GP was a bad album as in the beats, the rapping, the singing, the content was bad? I have friends that are like yea J its a good album but thats not the sound I wanna hear from you. Im like amen I understand and appreciate that but not one friend has been lilke that is just a poor album. Would you mind helping me understand what your saying?

    Lastly when you say a few are you talking 3? Are you also saying City Lights was a bad album?

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Json For This Useful Post:

    Brotha Kali (12-09-2014)

  23. #16
    HCR Ole' Head The Light Within's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Western Canada in an igloo (with central heating).
    Posts
    7,644
    Thanks
    907
    Thanked 2,640 Times in 1,809 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undadog4eva View Post
    somebody be sounding like a crazy groupie stan.

    Honestly, if you had a childhood like mine you would understand. And if you did have a childhood like mine then you might have more sympathy? Regardless, we all need encouragement in the body of Christ and that's the reason you will see random threads where I'm encouraging other people on here or people who rhyme for Christ.

    J'sons music hits my spirit quite hard and has made an impact in my life not like any other music I've heard (but that's because it's more than music). My mere simple words of support and encouragement to him will probably never amount to what he's done for the body of Christ as a whole, but should be said all the same.


    Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones (Proverbs 16:24).

    Anyhow, I'm not offended, but I just wanted to clarify that with you.
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / — Datin

  24. #17
    HCR Ole' Head undadog4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,425
    Thanks
    2,402
    Thanked 2,394 Times in 1,437 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Json View Post
    Unda - I normally dont do this but I have to ask. You said that my last few albums have been bad. Which is fine as a artist I realize that we are all entitled to our opinion. While I dont see Braille as a bad album I personally dont see it as a good one more like a average one honestly. So I can even understand somebody not liking that record. But when you mention Growing Pains on the list of Bad albums I need some clarity. I personally think GP was a really good album from top to bottom. Are you telling me that you just think its a bad album? Or are you saying its not your preference and thus a bad album. For example its plenty of album that I dont like the sound or whatever and its just not for me or my taste. However I can hear a album and say man this is not what I would rock with be see that its good the quality is good and it was done well. Im only asking because I find it really hard for anybody to just say GP was a bad album as in the beats, the rapping, the singing, the content was bad? I have friends that are like yea J its a good album but thats not the sound I wanna hear from you. Im like amen I understand and appreciate that but not one friend has been lilke that is just a poor album. Would you mind helping me understand what your saying?

    Lastly when you say a few are you talking 3? Are you also saying City Lights was a bad album?
    Read my review for growing pains. Braille...well...where to begin...lets forget that album ever happened.

    citylights was your magnum opus. Every song on there was worth its weight in gold. You sounded comfortable, the beats suited you, lyrics and flow was on point. Everything came together perfectly for you on citylights. You are a very different rapper to almost everyone else in CHH. Not many in our genre are fusing street rap with theology. You are the like the theological brother to Thisl in a sense where you bring that rugged street flow into a theological setting. That has been your niche. On GP & Braille you decided to break out of that (whether knowingly or unknowingly, doesnt matter) and you entered the popular, commercial space of chh that is inhabited by many. So all of a sudden, you are being compared to other people in that space and you were found to be severely lacking.

    My comments on the new hazakim record can be applied to your last two records.

    Every artist has their niche and area of expertise, even commerical rappers. For example, Wiz khalifa's paid albums have been criticized negatively while his mixtapes have been lauded because on the mixtapes he does what made him popular, weed rap, quite well. you can look at many other artists in a similar manner. Branching out is not the issue. It becomes an issue when you try to do something that you are not good at.

    I used to be a big supporter of you where i would preorder your albums, after the last two i have lost trust in you and will wait and hear the free listening sessions before i support you. Unfortunately, trust once lost is hard to gain back.

    on another note, "people" loving the album in CHH is no barometer for how good an album is. You just need to frequent the comment sections for albums on rapzilla and people support anything as long as it says Jesus in it. They could sound like bobby shmurda and lil wayne had a baby and they would still support it. Also you are seen as a leader in CHH so to criticize your albums is akin to sinning. CHH listeners and CHH rappers in general dont take criticism very well, the only ones to date i know that have the maturity to take the negative well is Hazakim, as seen in the thread i linked above.

    anyway, i digress. Hope i explained my position.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to undadog4eva For This Useful Post:

    Brotha Kali (12-09-2014)

  26. #18
    HCR Ole' Head undadog4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,425
    Thanks
    2,402
    Thanked 2,394 Times in 1,437 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Light Within View Post

    Honestly, if you had a childhood like mine you would understand. And if you did have a childhood like mine then you might have more sympathy? Regardless, we all need encouragement in the body of Christ and that's the reason you will see random threads where I'm encouraging other people on here or people who rhyme for Christ.

    J'sons music hits my spirit quite hard and has made an impact in my life not like any other music I've heard (but that's because it's more than music). My mere simple words of support and encouragement to him will probably never amount to what he's done for the body of Christ as a whole, but should be said all the same.




    Anyhow, I'm not offended, but I just wanted to clarify that with you.
    all good mate, i was teasing

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to undadog4eva For This Useful Post:

    The Light Within (10-30-2014)

  28. #19
    HCR Ole' Head The Light Within's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Western Canada in an igloo (with central heating).
    Posts
    7,644
    Thanks
    907
    Thanked 2,640 Times in 1,809 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undadog4eva View Post
    all good mate, i was teasing

    Yeah, no problemo on my end. You need to visit Canada some day, eh!
    Last edited by The Light Within; 10-30-2014 at 02:46 AM.
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / — Datin

  29. #20
    HCR Ole' Head The Light Within's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Western Canada in an igloo (with central heating).
    Posts
    7,644
    Thanks
    907
    Thanked 2,640 Times in 1,809 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Json View Post
    While I dont see Braille as a bad album I personally dont see it as a good one more like a average one honestly.
    Average for the most part, but there are still a few bangers on it and a few great heartfelt songs which shouldn't be overlooked.
    Last edited by The Light Within; 10-30-2014 at 02:51 AM.
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / — Datin

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •