Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,829 Times in 1,331 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zema View Post
    Houston cops shoot unarmed black patient in hospital — and then charge him with assault:

Personally, we stand in outrage for every time he is referred to as “combative” without sub-clause or context, we stand in outrage for every time he is called a “suspect” instead of a patient, we stand in outrage for every time he, one empty-handed, help-seeking man, is painted as a threat to two officers, able bodied and armed, in a hospital.

Professionally, we have been trained in truth seeking and healing. As doctors and medical students, as nurses and care partners, we are trained in how to safely restrain and tranquilize patients, no matter how aggressive, or irritable, or anxious, or threatening they may be. Never is it appropriate or warranted for a patient to be tazed, never is it appropriate for a patient to be struck, never, never, never is it appropriate for a patient seeking care, to have their life threatened in our arms.

Personally and professionally, we are shaken by the reality of this epidemic of police brutality, in which no one– no son of a doctor, no college student, no tender-hearted soul of color remains immune. We stand with shaken hearts and rooted conviction, to speak our collective outrage for Alan Christopher Pean, our gentle friend, a 26 year old who was inexcusably shot in the chest by a police officer, while seeking care as a patient.”

Read more: http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/hous...-with-assault/
    This is bad! I mean really bad! What's it gonna take to bring cops under control? Is it at the point where it's just too late to do anything within the system to remedy the epidemic of cops shooting unarmed citizens? Are cops just too far gone? Just when you think it can't any worse you read stories like this one and it just make you sick to your stomach.
    Last edited by LUPE; 09-10-2015 at 04:32 AM.
    "Christians practice righteousness because it's their Divine Nature to do so."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LUPE For This Useful Post:

Zema (09-11-2015)

Western Canada in an igloo (with central heating).
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,620 Times in 1,790 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LUPE View Post
    Are cops just too far gone?
    For as many bad postings about police there are on this thread there also needs to be a balance of good ones. All this police bashing is going to drive me nuts.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/09/0...good-behavior/

This is all part of the Walpole Police chief’s new initiative called “The Positive Ticket.” When a kid does something right they want to celebrate it.
    Last edited by The Light Within; 09-10-2015 at 01:29 AM.
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / — Datin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Light Within View Post
    For as many bad postings about police there are on this thread there also needs to be a balance of good ones. All this police bashing is going to drive me nuts.

I thought you started this thread to address police abuse and police violence. I didn't think you were going to turn this thread into a P.R. platform for cops.

Why are you calling the many posts about police abuse..."police bashing?" These post are bringing to light the serious issue of police abuse Americans are experiencing. You're from Canada bro. Come down to the states and live among people of color and see how cops mistreat our people for yourself and then tell us how good cops are making a big difference in the mix.
    Last edited by LUPE; 09-10-2015 at 04:31 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LUPE For This Useful Post:

Zema (09-11-2015)

Thanks

Former Tennis Pro James Blake thrown to the ground by NYPD cops.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nyc-pol...887--spt.html#
    Last edited by LUPE; 09-10-2015 at 09:00 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LUPE For This Useful Post:

Zema (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,961 Times in 6,599 Posts

automatic suspension at the very least.
    New Video:Proceed With Caution Blog
    Gemstones Review" "2 piece like Chris Childs did to Kobe / Catch me in the corner store, quarters for Shinobi"Action Bronson

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ras For This Useful Post:

LUPE (09-10-2015)

Thanks

I thought you started this thread to address police abuse and police violence. I didn't think you were going to turn this thread into a P.R. platform for cops.

Why are you calling the many posts about police abuse..."police bashing?" These post are bringing to light the serious issue of police abuse Americans are experiencing. You're from Canada bro. Come down to the states and live among people of color and see how cops mistreat our people for yourself and then tell us how good cops are making a big difference in the mix.
    It seems like this has turned into an all out assault against the police. Post after post is about how police are abusing people and all I'm seeing is a lot of anger and lashing out. To me it sounded like bashing after awhile which is why I used that term. Do you want the whole country to revolt and turn against the police? Is that the solution? Rebel and conquer? How do we go about bringing true reform?

I started this thread to round up the many threads that were being posted daily regarding interaction with police and citizens. For you and maybe others, you may want to be addressing police abuse and that's fine, however I'll balance it out by posting the other side of policing that seems to get ignored. I agree police abuse should be addressed but it won't happen when it seems like every single post is about the police doing something bad.

Do you and Zema really hate the police that much? Is every one of them really out to get every person of color? If that were the case I'd be paranoid to even step out my own front door.

If others stumble upon this thread what is the message they are getting from us Christians? And yes, I've been checking out every article posted and looking into the situations with sadness, some with mixed feelings, some with not knowing all the facts, but regardless of all that I am listening.
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / — Datin

Thanks

It seems like this has turned into an all out assault against the police. Post after post is about how police are abusing people and all I'm seeing is a lot of anger and lashing out. To me it sounded like bashing after awhile which is why I used that term. Do you want the whole country to revolt and turn against the police? Is that the solution? Rebel and conquer? How do we go about bringing true reform?

I started this thread to round up the many threads that were being posted daily regarding interaction with police and citizens. For you and maybe others, you may want to be addressing police abuse and that's fine, however I'll balance it out by posting the other side of policing that seems to get ignored. I agree police abuse should be addressed but it won't happen when it seems like every single post is about the police doing something bad.

Do you and Zema really hate the police that much? Is every one of them really out to get every person of color? If that were the case I'd be paranoid to even step out my own front door.

If others stumble upon this thread what is the message they are getting from us Christians? And yes, I've been checking out every article posted and looking into the situations with sadness, some with mixed feelings, some with not knowing all the facts, but regardless of all that I am listening.
    You say you see anger and lashing out. Point to me where I've lashed out. Point to me where I'm full of anger. My purpose has been to provide the members of our forum the latest incidences (news stories) involving police violence and abuses with the hope that as we become more informed we will begin to think seriously and honestly about issues involved in the current epidemic of police shooting Americans many of whom are unarmed.

I'm disappointed that you think that me and Zema hate the police. We're both Americans who care about police accountability and justice being served. We both insist that cops need to respect the civil and human rights of all American citizens without qualification or exception.

If others stumble onto this thread I hope the message they take away is that Christians like myself and Zema stand with those who have fallen victims to police violence in the United States. I also hope that they will be moved to take action and speak out against the injustices perpetrated by cops operating under the color of law. God bless. Peace.

TLW, it might come as a surprise to you but scores of Americans now see themselves living in a "Police State." If we look objectively at the encroaching power of law enforcement and government in the United States the trend is going more and more in that direction. Police are more and more militaristic and tactical in their capability and outlook. Please check out GOOSE'S thread (Peace Officer) about police. It's a real eye opener.
    Last edited by LUPE; 09-10-2015 at 03:24 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LUPE For This Useful Post:

Zema (09-11-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ras View Post
    automatic suspension at the very least.
    I would agree with that.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,636 Times in 1,895 Posts

My one and only post in this thread was to get peoples opinion on the article I posted. I hope your not including my post as part of the "basing police" category.
    Lebron is a beast. Best in game imo. -CHRISTion

www.soundclick.com/ministerquietstorm

http://www.christlikeclothing.com/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet storm View Post
    http://wjla.com/news/local/va-cops-f...nfant-survives I want to know cats honest thoughts on this story that I saw posted on FB today. The woman's mother lives in my hometown so people around here are talking about it. I am personally heart broken about what happened.
    I can't open the link you provided, but I found this one on it. http://www.local12.com/news/features...s-202874.shtml

It is very sad. It states the mother was a good person and innocent yet one has to wonder what she was doing in the company of a criminal. That said, I'm sure she wasn't planning on getting into a gun battle with police or anyone since she had her child with. I look at her death more like a tragic accident. Like when someone accidentally slips, falls, and dies of a head injury. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The other thing I wonder about is the accuracy of the police shooting. Since the article doesn't state from which direction they were shooting I can't make any judgment, but I'll say it wouldn't look good if they were approaching from directly ahead or behind so that there fire should have been directed at the shooter and not the passenger. If indeed they were being indiscriminate in their return fire, it's more than a mere tragic accident.
    Last edited by d@v!d; 09-10-2015 at 06:07 PM.

Thanks

You say you see anger and lashing out. Point to me where I've lashed out. Point to me where I'm full of anger. My purpose has been to provide the members of our forum the latest incidences (news stories) involving police violence and abuses with the hope that as we become more informed we will begin to think seriously and honestly about issues involved in the current epidemic of police shooting Americans many of whom are unarmed.

I'm disappointed that you think that me and Zema hate the police. We're both Americans who care about police accountability and justice being served. We both insist that cops need to respect the civil and human rights of all American citizens without qualification or exception.

If others stumble onto this thread I hope the message they take away is that Christians like myself and Zema stand with those who have fallen victims to police violence in the United States. I also hope that they will be moved to take action and speak out against the injustices perpetrated by cops operating under the color of law. God bless. Peace.

TLW, it might come as a surprise to you but scores of Americans now see themselves living in a "Police State." If we look objectively at the encroaching power of law enforcement and government in the United States the trend is going more and more in that direction. Police are more and more militaristic and tactical in their capability and outlook. Please check out GOOSE'S thread (Peace Officer) about police. It's a real eye opener.
    It's not you or Quietstorm that has me concerned, so I'm not speaking directly to you on this matter. It's the countless posts on random threads (even threads that have nothing to do with the police) about police and countless videos popping up randomly how much police hate black people. It's taken over this site. Now, onto the issue at hand.

Hating all cops because some of them are abusive isn’t any more justifiable than hating all black people because some of them protested an officer involved shooting by burning down their own neighborhood.

I’m as critical as anyone when police officers take advantage of their power. I think some cops are arrogant jerks and I think law enforcement, in general, is becoming overly militarized. I’m also a huge proponent of civil liberties and a passionate defender of the 4th amendment.

That said, a just and civilized society needs laws, and laws need to be enforced, and police officers are entrusted with that noble and necessary task. If a thorough investigation reveals this particular officer to be guilty of murder, by all means arrest and prosecute him. But whether he is or isn’t, only a ridiculous fool would use this incident, or an incident like it, to disparage all police officers everywhere.

Enter Mark Lamont Hill, who took to Twitter to share this insight:

“A Black man in America is killed every 28 hours by police or vigilantes. THAT, not rioting, is domestic terrorism…”

His numbers might be accurate, but what sort of lunatic or liar would interpret them this way? Every time a black man is killed by a cop he is the victim of terrorism? So cops either shouldn’t try to stop black men from committing crimes, or they should, but if they meet lethal resistance they should run away or surrender and die?

Such an enormous dose of idiocy in that statement, but it’s a notion echoed by many people across the country. The news about Mike Brown’s death prompted a tidal wave of “f**k the police” sentiments from black and white liberals alike.

Meanwhile, let any one of these cop hating cowards find themselves in a precarious spot, and watch how quickly they dial 911.

Criticize bad cops all you want, but police do important work under immense stress and pressure. Why is it that we are supposed to “understand” and empathize with looters and rioters, but we can’t give even the slightest bit of slack to men and women who put themselves in harm’s way to keep peace and order in our society?

Why are we quick to listen to the plight of the carjacker and the drug dealer, so willing to put their behavior in “context,” yet we fail miserably to comprehend the fact that cops — particularly cops in high crime areas — are dealing with domestic abusers, addicts, thieves, murderers, pimps, and the various other dregs of humanity on a daily basis? This might take a toll on your psyche after awhile; perhaps make you jaded, cynical, even bitter. I know it would to me, and I know the police who manage to be decent in spite of it all deserve an immense amount of respect.

It’s childish and absurd to hate all police. Yes, cops might have a contentious rapport with people in the inner city, but that’s because they are law enforcers, and inner cities have more than their fair share of law breakers. Why do we pin this strained relationship squarely on the police and never spread the blame to people who choose to commit crimes?

We can hold cops responsible for their mistakes without descending into this sort of juvenile, anarchist madness. A healthy and rational society respects both the law and those entrusted with upholding it.

I wonder: do the people who seem to oppose the very existence of police officers have a plan B option? We get rid of cops… and then what? Have you guys thought this through at all?
    http://themattwalshblog.com/2014/08/...ack-community/
    Last edited by The Light Within; 09-10-2015 at 07:03 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet storm View Post
    My one and only post in this thread was to get peoples opinion on the article I posted. I hope your not including my post as part of the "basing police" category.
    Not at all, Quietstorm. Everything is good. As far as your story is concerned it makes me wonder how things truely went down. Sometimes a simple news story isn't reporting all the facts and often times won't give all the details which is why I don't like to jump to conclusions

HCR Ole' Head
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,619 Times in 1,790 Posts

“69% of Americans think NFL has widespread domestic violence problem. 11% think police have one. NFL is 45% less than the national average. Police 300% more”:

The reality is that even officers who are found guilty of domestic violence are unlikely to be fired, arrested, or referred for prosecution, raising concern that those who are tasked with enforcing the law cannot effectively police themselves. For example:In 1998-1999, 23 domestic violence complaints were filed against Boston police employees, but none resulted in criminal prosecution.

The San Diego City Attorney typically prosecutes 92% of the domestic violence cases that are referred, but only 42% of the cases involving a police officer as the perpetrator are prosecuted.

Between 1990 and 1997, the Los Angles Police Department investigated 227 cases of alleged domestic violence by officers, of which 91 were sustained. Of these 91 allegations that were sustained by the department, only 4 resulted in a criminal conviction. That means that the LAPD itself determined in 91 cases that an officer had committed domestic violence, but only 4 were convicted on a criminal charge. Moreover, of these 4 officers who were convicted on a criminal charge of domestic violence, one was suspended for only 15 days and another had his conviction expunged.

In fact, an in-depth investigation of the Los Angeles Police Department conducted by the Office of the Inspector General concluded that the discipline imposed on officers found guilty of domestic violence "was exceedingly light when the facts of each incident were examined." The study of the Los Angeles Police Department further examined the 91 cases in which an allegation of domestic violence was sustained against an officer.

Over three-fourths of the time, this sustained allegation was not mentioned in the officer's performance evaluation.
    Twenty-six of these officers (29%) were promoted, including six who were promoted within two years of the incident.

Domestic violence is always a terrible crime, but victims of a police officer are particularly vulnerable because the officer who is abusing them:

1. Has a gun.
    2. Knows the location of battered women's shelters.
    3. Knows how to manipulate the system to avoid penalty and/or shift blame to the victim.

Victims often fear calling the police, because they know the case will be handled by officers who are colleagues and/or friends of their abuser. Victims of police family violence typically fear that the responding officers will side with their abuser and fail to properly investigate or document the crime.

Read more here (*caution* the d-word is used in the article near the end): http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/0...ers-in-the-NFL
    Last edited by Zema; 09-13-2015 at 06:49 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Zema For This Useful Post:

LUPE (09-12-2015)

HCR Ole' Head
    Thanks

"Good" cops don't obey a "blue code of silence" about corruption, especially when people are being murdered. The majority of cops are doing just that.

It's interesting that professing Christians are now claiming that a people group (cops) are "good". Most professing Christians used to believe the Bible, which says: “None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.” And they used to claim to believe the Bible when It referred to unbelievers as “the wicked”.
    Last edited by Zema; 09-13-2015 at 06:47 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Zema For This Useful Post:

LUPE (09-12-2015)

HCR Ole' Head
    Thanks

Why are you calling the many posts about police abuse..."police bashing?"
    You say you see anger and lashing out.

I'm disappointed that you think that me and Zema hate the police.
    The mainstream media can report the crimes of Afrikans 30% more than they report on the crimes of Europeans, even though Europeans are arrested for most of the crime in the country. Yet, when you report on the crimes of Europeans, you're accused of "police bashing", "anger", "lashing out", and "hate". That is called whiteness. By whiteness, I don't mean skin color. I mean the social construct of "whiteness" that was invented by Carl Von Linnaeus. He invented the concept of "race". He said people of European descent are "white" and that those of Afrikan descent are "black". This meant that "whites" are superior to "blacks", especially morally. It was a justification for slavery. That's also why we were once called 3/5 of a human being.

War Comes Home - The Excessive Militarization of American Policing: https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/f...t-web-rel1.pdf
    Last edited by Zema; 09-11-2015 at 03:43 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Zema For This Useful Post:

LUPE (09-12-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zema View Post
    "Good" cops don't obey a "blue code of silence" about corruption. The majority of cops are doing just that.

It's interesting that professing Christians are now claiming that a people group (cops) are "good". Most professing Christians used to believe the Bible, which says: “None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.” And they used to claim to believe the Bible when It referred to unbelievers as “the wicked”.
    I'm not talking about their salvation and you know that. Once again my comments are taken completely out of context. I'll maintain my position that some police do good things just like I'm sure you do good things once in awhile as well.

HCR Ole' Head
    Thanks

“Mind Blowing - Not only was tennis star James Blake completely innocent, now we know the random Black man they are claiming he looked just like also had nothing to do with the case.”

Everything about this story is off.On this past Wednesday, the NYPD assaulted and arrested James Blake - the former #4 tennis player in the world, outside of his midtown Manhattan hotel as he was on his way to the US Open.

At first, the NYPD claimed it was a case of mistaken identity, and that James Blake looked like "twins" of the man they intended to arrest. Now, it turns out, the photo that was leaked of the man James was supposed to look just like, also has absolutely nothing to do with the case either. Tucked deep in a few stories about the case was this admission...

The team of officers, looking for suspects in a credit card fraud ring, were relying on a courier who identified Mr. Blake as one of the buyers, the police said. The officers also had an Instagram photo of someone believed to be involved. That person, who Mr. Bratton said looked like Mr. Blake’s “twin brother,” turned out to have no role in the scheme.

Now this man's face is now all over the internet, mostly mentioned with the words "suspect" and "theft". Who gave them this photo of some other random dude off of Instagram? The courier? It just doesn't add up.
    What's crazy about all of this - is that the entire case is supposed to be about identity fraud - and the NYPD continues to badly mangle the identities of innocent black men who had nothing at all to do with the case.
    This, though, isn't about truth - this is about PR - and the NYPD is incredibly good at PR. Let me explain.

Read more: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/0...he-looked-like
    Last edited by Zema; 09-13-2015 at 06:40 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Zema For This Useful Post:

LUPE (09-12-2015)

HCR Ole' Head
    Thanks

James Blake Picked Up and Slammed to the Ground By Cop Arrest Video. There was a European guy involved who was arrested inside without brutality:

Last edited by Zema; 09-13-2015 at 06:40 PM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Zema For This Useful Post:

LUPE (09-12-2015)

HCR Ole' Head
    Thanks

Third Grader Handcuffed in School:

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Zema For This Useful Post:

LUPE (09-12-2015)

HCR Ole' Head
    Thanks

Welcome to America, where an all-time low in police deaths and an all-time high in people killed by police is called a "war on police" - @ShaunKing

Thread Information