Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast
    Western Canada in an igloo (with central heating).
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,621 Times in 1,791 Posts

Default /// Official POLICE and CITIZEN discussion thread ///

With all the random threads and postings regarding police dealing with citizens, citizens dealing with police, and racism in general, it's time we have an official thread regarding these issues. Some of you on this board are really taking an issue to what's been happening lately so please try to keep all future conversation to this particular thread.

Mods please merge all other police & racism threads into this one. Let's get this discussion started!
    Last edited by The Light Within; 12-01-2016 at 11:59 PM.
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / — Datin

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Light Within For This Useful Post:

JoshGordon (09-02-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,332 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Light Within View Post
    With all the random threads and postings regarding police dealing with citizens and citizens dealing with police it's time we have an official thread regarding this issue. Some of you on this board are really taking an issue to what's been happening lately so please try to keep all future conversation too this particular thread.

Mods please merge all other police threads into this one. Let's get this discussion started!
    No thanks.
    "Christians practice righteousness because it's their Divine Nature to do so."

Thanks

Yes mods, make it happen. The HCR main forum has had these same threads with the same discussions day in and day out. We ratherswell make this an official discussion thread.

Formerly Known as K-Train

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LUPE View Post
    No thanks.
    Why??

Thanks

No thanks.
    Hey, I had to comply when many Lecrae threads were being posted. It's out of respect that this was started.
    Last edited by The Light Within; 09-02-2015 at 02:58 PM.
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / — Datin

Thanks

Type in "POLICE" under the search feature and see how many pages of threads pop up regarding the po-pos, haha!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoshGordon View Post
    Why??
    Why not?

Thanks

Hey, I had to comply when many Lecrae threads were being posted. It's out of respect that this was started.
    How am I disrespecting because I start my individual threads focusing on police abuse ect.? If I were violating the rules of this forum by starting my individual threads I'd agree with you.

Thanks

How am I disrespecting because I start my individual threads focusing on police abuse ect.? If I were violating the rules of this forum by starting my individual threads I'd agree with you.
    I was accused of doing the same thing regarding a few threads being posted as well though I didn't mean any harm. I'm not calling you out man, just finding a way to keep all these threads in one place as they are all stating to pile up.
    Last edited by The Light Within; 09-02-2015 at 04:48 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Light Within For This Useful Post:

JoshGordon (09-02-2015), LUPE (09-02-2015)

Thanks

I was accused of doing the same thing regarding a few threads being posted as well though I didn't mean any harm. I'm not calling you out man, just finding a way to keep all these threads in one place as they are all stating to pile up.
    Since you put it that way I'm cool with that. Peace.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LUPE For This Useful Post:

JoshGordon (09-02-2015), The Light Within (09-02-2015)

Thanks

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Light Within For This Useful Post:

JoshGordon (09-02-2015), LUPE (09-02-2015)

Thanks

Don't get all mushy homie. lol

HCR Ole' Head
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,619 Times in 1,790 Posts

Good cops (seriously):

“NYPD Officers Sue Saying They’re Being Punished For Refusing To Discriminate”

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...ople-of-color/

A second suit filed on Tuesday by one of the 12 officers, Adhyl Polanco, says his colleagues have retaliated against him since 2009, for revealing the quota system to the media and detailing widespread corruption among the city’s officers. He was called a....by one of his colleagues, and has been suspended, placed on mental watch, and put on probation.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Zema For This Useful Post:

LUPE (09-03-2015)

Thanks

20. The Following User Says Thank You to JoshGordon For This Useful Post:

LUPE (09-03-2015)

Rochester New York/ or you can call it roc city for short!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,797 Times in 1,834 Posts

It's honestly a shame that these things are happening so often that they even need to get merged to reduce the clutter.

LUPE, I appreciate what you're doing.
    Pick up that new Cram Session (7) featuring Sev Statik, Theory Hazit, Wonder Brown, Nomis, Antioch Alumni, myself and some new blood that you haven't heard yet. http://antiochalumni.bandcamp.com/releases

I'm a secular rapper who raps Christian.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deadmanwalking For This Useful Post:

jeyjey34 (09-03-2015), LUPE (09-03-2015), Zema (09-03-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking View Post
    It's honestly a shame that these things are happening so often that they even need to get merged to reduce the clutter.

LUPE, I appreciate what you're doing.
    Thanks bro. God bless.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zema View Post
    Good cops (seriously):

“NYPD Officers Sue Saying They’re Being Punished For Refusing To Discriminate”

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...ople-of-color/
    Zema, I appreciate you bringing these kinds of articles to our attention. Keep it up.

This case involving NYPD is emblematic of what's wrong with police culture. It stresses conformity within the ranks and conscientious cops who don't want to go along with the program get shunned and retaliated upon. This is why it's so hard for the public to make any headway when advocating for radical changes to police practices. I think we're at the point where a radical overhaul of police practices are critically needed. The status quo just won't do if we are ever going to see any semblance of transparency and accountability within police departments in our country. We can no longer tolerate police departments remaining insular and left to their own devices.
    Last edited by LUPE; 09-03-2015 at 10:44 AM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to LUPE For This Useful Post:

Zema (09-03-2015)

Thanks

Homicide suspected in death of cop.

http://news.yahoo.com/slain-texas-of...22600270.html#

Thanks

Arby's apologizes after employee refuses to serve police officer: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...icer/71580310/

Pembroke Pines police says one of their officers was initially refused service at an Arby’s location in town on Tuesday evening when trying to order food at the restaurant’s drive-thru. The officer was in uniform and in a police vehicle, according to a police report filed on the incident.

The drive-thru clerk, who was identified as Kenneth Davenport, 19, sounded "short" with the officer when he or she was ordering, the police report says. Police would not divulge the name of the complaining officer.

When the officer drove to the pickup window, the store manager, Angel Mirabel, told the officer that the clerk "doesn't want to serve you because you are a police officer." Mirabel had to order Davenport to process the officer's credit card.

The officer expressed displeasure and concern about the safety of the food to the manager. Mirabel also allegedly told the officer that the clerk "has the right to refuse to serve" you. The officer felt "uncertain" about the safety of the food and was given a refund.

Thanks

The viral claim that a black person is killed by police ‘every 28 hours’ http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...very-28-hours/

Search the phrase “every 28 hours” on Google, Twitter, Instagram or Facebook and thousands of messages like these will come up. This is the phrase that has gone viral after police-involved killings of black males in Ferguson, Mo., and Staten Island, N.Y.: “Every 28 hours, an unarmed black person is killed by police.” It is now being used to describe the deaths of two New York City police officers, to draw comparisons between the deaths of police and deaths of unarmed African Americans killed by police.

Thread Information