Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,115 Times in 3,434 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Yes.... addressing a particular people group within Christ IS ALWAYS wrong.
    The bible never says this, so this is your opinion. And as such, we are free to disagree.

In Christ we all one and we all see justice and injustice the same way. Or we are in Sin.
    Well, then perhaps you are in sin? And even further, then all the more important for Bizzle, if he is correct, to make this herald, or for someone else to do it

Again, the Jake and Sharpton Charlatans are only there for justice for Black people. Again, short-sighted and separatism goes hand in hand. It has no place in the Body of Christ. In Christ was are truly one for all and all for one. I think I have touched on this subject enough to get the point accross.
    Nor do I think he is highlighting them above all others. Rather saying they are at least playing some role that the so called more doctrinally correct church is ignoring. It seems to me to be the goal to get the wider church body, more involved in these issues, taking up the cause.

Actually the Bible calls you to wait. You can take that up with the scriptures.
    Wait for what? Again you are confusing this song's message to be about one certain case. And even then, what if the court decision is unjust? Does that mean no one can speak then, because he was found not guilty? But this song is not about one case, I posted the lyrics for you. It's about the trend. So what exactly is the bible calling us to wait for???

Well I don't see this frightening rate that the media is portraying myself. So that is the core of the issue and disagreement with me. Black men in this country should be more fearful of other Black men and their mothers while in the womb. That is the realier issue by numbers alone.
    Well, now we know "the core of the issue and disagreement" with you. For you, you just disagree with the entire premise all together.

However, police brutality is a real issue and I'd invoke the church to side with people like Rand Paul who wants to address this issue with legal restraints. I think all police should be made to wear a camera. So that not just Black people are treated better but all people.
    I agree with that. And I don't think most others would disagree. But you don't even think that there is any bias against blacks in the first place, so there is not much to address beyond that.

I'd bet Propaganda would be very hard pressed to name 10 Puritans who owned Slaves in America. The Majority of Puritans were in Europe. And Johnathan Edwards was not a Puritan. So that would break the horses back there.
    He may or may not be. He strikes me as a fairly well read individual. So I wouldn't bet against him.

Thanks

One question Seal, in the days of the segregated church (which I do believe we continue to have in a different shape), in your mind was it acceptable for black folks to plea with white Christians to see them as equal, to sit with them, worship with them, and to not stand aloof? In the days of the civil rights era, was it acceptable to make pleas to white Christians to stand with them in the struggle? Or, according to your opinion, is each and every plea to a specific demographic always wrong, no matter what the subject?

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eternal For This Useful Post:

Quiet storm (10-08-2014), shekinahsmoke (10-08-2014), the answer (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,503 Times in 2,800 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eternal View Post
    One question Seal, in the days of the segregated church (which I do believe we continue to have in a different shape), in your mind was it acceptable for black folks to plea with white Christians to see them as equal, to sit with them, worship with them, and to not stand aloof? In the days of the civil rights era, was it acceptable to make pleas to white Christians to stand with them in the struggle? Or, according to your opinion, is each and every plea to a specific demographic always wrong, no matter what the subject?

Yo,

When in doubt.... seek false empiricism to justify one's feelings...LOL...

In the days of African enslavement of white people some centuries ago.... in your mind was it acceptable for white folks to plea with their black masters to be equal with Christ, to sit with them and see them as equals?

Or how about during the Persian enslavement of the East?

See what I did there.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Grace and Peace,
    seal
    Now it's cool if Brothers Cross over/But wat's the point of crossing over if you don't take the CROSS OVER~ shai

Thanks

See what I did there.

Grace and Peace,
    seal
    Yes. You ignored the question.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eternal For This Useful Post:

Moody (10-11-2014), Quiet storm (10-08-2014), the answer (10-08-2014)

Thanks

ROFL

its c ookies

Thanks

Your questions aren't questions they are statements with question marks. You are white Eternal. Face it.

None of us Blacks born in the 80s faced Jim Crow nor Slavery. We are lying if we believe we experienced it. Face it.

It's false empiricism.

Now I am more careful with my uncles and aunts because they grew up in Eatonville FL the first Black City in Florida back in the 60's and had run in's with the Klan and etc. I sympathize with them because they experienced some mess I have never experienced.

But to make myself a false victim is a hoax and excuse for failing. Christ has overcome the world.

Slavery nor Jim Crow had enough votes to keep Obama out the White House nor did they stop Dr. Carson from being brilliant...soapbox....

So again...your question is built upon false empiricism and white people can use the same argument historically.

Grace and Peace,
    seal
    Now it's cool if Brothers Cross over/But wat's the point of crossing over if you don't take the CROSS OVER~ shai

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EBro View Post
    this was very constructive. He was pointing out what was wrong with the song. From the flow to the lyrics plus someone else pointed out your timing. If that's not constructive I don't know what is.
    Quote Originally Posted by LkGibbs20 View Post
    EBro basically said it all. Its funny cuz the way I started out was in the effort to be constructive and NOT just critical.

You may like to do music, which is why it may look like everyone is being extra critical, but its just the honest truth.
    Yo,

Well if that is constructive criticism then we have two different definitions.

Telling me my timing is off, your lyrics aren't good, and that you only listened to 30 seconds of a 5 minutes song but you gave me constructive criticism is comical at best. Hey Ebro you are in it for the long haul eh....LOL....

How about this.....

Hey bro, you were not rhyming on beat and your lyrics could of been better. I listened to the song all the way thru and on some parts I could hear you struggling to flow.

Now that's more like it....LOL.... But hey I suck to you guys and that's ok. I don't do this for a living but you are right....I love making music and I love rapping over beats. I Love rapping about the things of God because I think about his Truths all day and it makes me wanna make a spiritual song.

Sorry I sucketh.

Grace and Peace,
    seal

Western Canada in an igloo (with central heating).
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,640 Times in 1,809 Posts

Hey Seal, my mother and I listened to the song a few times digesting and dissecting the song and you're alright in our books. Sure there is always room for improvement, but there has been improvement over your last few songs. To be honest, you sound better than Young Noah at times and I paid $10 for that album!

Comparing you two may not be something that should be done, but there's a reason I did. You see, both you and his heart are in the right place, and that's something money can't buy. God bless you for that passion Seal, so never never ever ever ever forget your who your first love is.

Now, I've got the same passion to spread the gospel but I can't rap at all. Maybe someone can send me a beat to rhyme over and I'll attempt to make a song...then we all can see who really sucks and you all can laugh at me.
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / — Datin

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

Yo,

Telling me my timing is off, your lyrics aren't good, and that you only listened to 30 seconds of a 5 minutes song but you gave me constructive criticism is comical at best. Hey Ebro you are in it for the long haul eh....LOL....

How about this.....

Hey bro, you were not rhyming on beat and your lyrics could of been better. I listened to the song all the way thru and on some parts I could hear you struggling to flow.

Now that's more like it....LOL.... But hey I suck to you guys and that's ok. I don't do this for a living but you are right....I love making music and I love rapping over beats. I Love rapping about the things of God because I think about his Truths all day and it makes me wanna make a spiritual song.

Sorry I sucketh.

Grace and Peace,
    seal
    lol.... Two more steps back. I was hoping for more progress in the other direction. I believe in you bruh!
    Live life with no regrets. No more saying I should have or could have, just move on it. Be faithful in all you do and watch God work. Dreams are for sleepers, achievements are for the hard workers.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EBro For This Useful Post:

Cowboy (10-09-2014), the answer (10-09-2014)

Young Bol
    Thanks

Yo,

How about this.....

Sorry I sucketh.

Grace and Peace,
    seal
    *facepalm* Dude you just said the EXACT thing I said just with different words, saying your timing is off is saying you don't rap on beat. This is getting really sad smh lol!

If I was trying to be mean I really would have just said you suck and not even have to explain anything, but again you have confirmed to me that you're convinced in your own mind and nothing I say will change and as I can see now, it won't help. You won't even take my words as they are, you want me to say it EXACTLY how you said it even tho its saying the SAME THING.

On the real tho, this is really my last comment on this issue, cuz at this point there's nothing constructive to say anymore since its going in circles.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LkGibbs20 For This Useful Post:

EBro (10-09-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Light Within View Post
    Hey Seal, my mother and I listened to the song a few times digesting and dissecting the song and you're alright in our books. Sure there is always room for improvement, but there has been improvement over your last few songs. To be honest, you sound better than Young Noah at times and I paid $10 for that album!

Comparing you two may not be something that should be done, but there's a reason I did. You see, both you and his heart are in the right place, and that's something money can't buy. God bless you for that passion Seal, so never never ever ever ever forget your who your first love is.

Now, I've got the same passion to spread the gospel but I can't rap at all. Maybe someone can send me a beat to rhyme over and I'll attempt to make a song...then we all can see who really sucks and you all can laugh at me.
    So the content makes the song good? A song and style can still be seen as bad, but have good content.
    Works the other way too.

Also can we all stay focused on the thread?
    Seal, if you put out work then you've opened yourself up for praise/criticism. Comes with the territory. So far i haven't seen any negative critisism. I've seen some say they didn't like it, but still encouraging you to continue if it's what you like doing- but you've taken it negatively.

My opinion? Not really my thing.
    But. I'm not a great soccer player, but I still train, work hard and play. Keep grinding if it's what you enjoy.
    Last edited by LondonTown; 10-09-2014 at 08:25 AM.

Thanks

Your questions aren't questions they are statements with question marks.
    No, it's a question. And you have skipped it twice. Why?

None of us Blacks born in the 80s faced Jim Crow nor Slavery. We are lying if we believe we experienced it. Face it.

It's false empiricism.
    What does this have to do with anything?

Now I am more careful with my uncles and aunts because they grew up in Eatonville FL the first Black City in Florida back in the 60's and had run in's with the Klan and etc. I sympathize with them because they experienced some mess I have never experienced.

But to make myself a false victim is a hoax and excuse for failing. Christ has overcome the world.
    What??
    Slavery nor Jim Crow had enough votes to keep Obama out the White House nor did they stop Dr. Carson from being brilliant...soapbox....
    What???

So again...your question is built upon false empiricism and white people can use the same argument historically.
    What????

Just answer the question, bro.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to eternal For This Useful Post:

Quiet storm (10-09-2014)

Western Canada in an igloo (with central heating).
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,640 Times in 1,809 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LondonTown View Post
    So the content makes the song good? A song and style can still be seen as bad, but have good content.
    Works the other way too.

I'm listening to the song right now. In fact I turned it up, walked away from the computer and actually was able to move my head to the sound of his voice following the flow of the beat. Seriously! I've heard mainstream songs that are worse than Seals song right here. Young Noah even has a few songs on his album that were not done all that well and his rhymes seem forced as if he's trying so hard to put something together just because he's supposed to as an artist.

My pet peeve is artists who can't lyrically keep up with the beat or are off on their timing. It really doesn't show all that much on Seals song here.
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / — Datin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Light Within View Post

I'm listening to the song right now. In fact I turned it up, walked away from the computer and actually was able to move my head to the sound of his voice following the flow of the beat. Seriously! I've heard mainstream songs that are worse than Seals song right here. Young Noah even has a few songs on his album that were not done all that well and his rhymes seem forced as if he's trying so hard to put something together just because he's supposed to as an artist.

My pet peeve is artists who can't lyrically keep up with the beat or are off on their timing. It really doesn't show all that much on Seals song here.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brotha Kali For This Useful Post:

Cowboy (10-09-2014), Quiet storm (10-09-2014), shekinahsmoke (10-13-2014), the answer (10-09-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LondonTown View Post
    So far i haven't seen any negative critisism. I've seen some say they didn't like it, but still encouraging you to continue if it's what you like doing- but you've taken it negatively
    I recommend you go back over the thread; esp. read DMW's rather insulting comment.
    Last edited by LondonTown; 10-10-2014 at 01:38 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bradfield View Post
    I recommend you go back over the thread; esp. read DMW's rather insulting comment.
    I missed it. This is already a heavily redacted thread, I had to do a big clear up.
    That comment was made after the clear up (the around 30 deleted posts). Had my work cut out in this thread...

I recommend you use the report function if you feel a rule has been broken, that way if the mod team misses anything it's brought to our attention. There's only 3 of us moderating this section (2 of us 'part time'), so any help (report function, PMs) would be very much appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Last edited by LondonTown; 10-10-2014 at 01:52 PM.

Rochester New York/ or you can call it roc city for short!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,797 Times in 1,834 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bradfield View Post
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/insulting?s=t

Insulting

adjective
    giving or causing insult; characterized by affronting rudeness, insolence, etc.

Ok.

Rudeness

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rudeness?s=t

Your suggestion that I was insulting is subjective. All of HCR knows that seal is not the most polite or gentle person on the forum. My comment was an opinion. Considering his approach with everyone on HCR, cookie ( ), I thought he could handle it. So it wasn't my intention to be rude. My rudeness is a matter of your opinion. My criticism on his ability was constructive in that I was encouraging him to use his time better. He has a passion for the things of God I believe. Making music takes so much time and energy. And he's not very good at it. So he can take the positive, and direct it in other positives that would be more beneficial to the Body. I don't think it's a good use of time and energy for him to make substandard music. That's time and energy that could be used to reach more than TLW and his mom. But again, that's my opinion. He's free to do as he chooses.

Aside from the quality of the song, I was obviously less than pleased with the content. My comments weren't intended to insult. My comment was to express disappointment. I would check seal's debates on HCR and really think he was a beast with it. As time goes on, I see otherwise. The subject of race relations is very important. There is an entire group of people suffering. When someone goes out of their way to try and quiet down the discussion with poor logic, it's very disappointing. I also find the song to be more damaging to the conversation than helpful. So it's negative on both quality and content.

Sorry I hurt your feelings with my comments directed at seal.
    Pick up that new Cram Session (7) featuring Sev Statik, Theory Hazit, Wonder Brown, Nomis, Antioch Alumni, myself and some new blood that you haven't heard yet. http://antiochalumni.bandcamp.com/releases

I'm a secular rapper who raps Christian.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Deadmanwalking For This Useful Post:

Cowboy (10-13-2014), EBro (10-13-2014), Quiet storm (10-13-2014), shekinahsmoke (10-13-2014), Zema (10-13-2014)

Thanks

I think this thread has gone long past its sell by date.
    Last edited by LondonTown; 10-13-2014 at 04:50 PM.

Thread Information