Thanks

hair game too strong.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vancitykat For This Useful Post:

Cowboy (06-09-2014)

HCR Familia
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vancitykat View Post

hair game too strong.
    Yo, TheLightWithin.....you need to get yo' hair game right like this, bro.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cardin For This Useful Post:

Cowboy (06-09-2014), The Light Within (06-09-2014), vancitykat (06-09-2014)

Western Canada in an igloo (with central heating).
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,601 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cardin View Post
    Yo, TheLightWithin.....you need to get yo' hair game right like this, bro.
    Sorry to disappoint, but this is all I have:

I'd like to see you spike your hair like that, Cardin.
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / Datin

Thanks

here is a pic of me & my wife of 15years...

pastor alexander pagani (aka Preach Dat Fire)
    ibelize pagani (sista shorty blaze)

holla-fest radio.......now known as RED TAPE LIVE..............
    Preach Dat Fire | Holla-Fest Radio

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hollafestradio For This Useful Post:

Cardin (06-09-2014), Cowboy (06-09-2014), jeyjey34 (06-16-2014), The Light Within (06-09-2014)

Thanks

This is from my trip to Unashamed Conference 2013 in Atlanta when I was studying a semester in D.C.
    It is at Donald Chavis (a user at this forum) house. He opened his house for DRhyme and me, even though none of us knew each other. You see DRhyme (coming from Germany, also in this forum), Don and his wife, me in red, and some friends of theirs.

If it wasn't for Holy Culture Board and Don's hospitality this never would have happened

DRhyme and I were probably the only ones from Europe there, he had plans for bringing the movement to Germany so we were lucky and got to meet with D.A. Horton backstage and we were interviewed for the Unashamed documentary.

So many awesome "coincidences" happened, and it all started with a thread here!

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Norwegian For This Useful Post:

Cardin (06-09-2014), EgoVanEgo (06-10-2014), jeyjey34 (06-16-2014), The Light Within (06-09-2014)

HCR Familia
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Norwegian View Post

So many awesome "coincidences" happened, and it all started with a thread here!
    That's AWESOME! Praise God!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cardin For This Useful Post:

EgoVanEgo (06-10-2014), The Norwegian (06-09-2014)

Thanks

The Norwegian, do you live in Norway? Were you only in the states for studying?
    The Bible said for Jesus we're ambassadors / So it's time to rip off this muzzle of fear and passiveness / Datin

Thanks

That's right. I live here and study in Oslo, but this fall I went on an exchange program that let me study as an international student one semester in D.C. It was one of the best semesters I've ever had, I also got to go to Capitol Hill Baptist Church and got so much solid gospel centered teaching there. A real eye opener for me, as it tends to be a bit different in Norway.
    Last edited by The Norwegian; 06-09-2014 at 09:01 PM.

Thanks

That's right. I live here and study in Oslo, but this fall I went on an exchange program that let me study as an international student one semester in D.C. It was one of the best semesters I've ever had, I also got to go to Capitol Hill Baptist Church and got so much solid gospel centered teaching there. A real eye opener for me, as it tends to be a bit different in Norway.

That's awesome. Yeah, Norway is a bit different alright. Don't they let criminals go free after a certain amount of years?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,393 Times in 1,436 Posts

how is the church scene in your part of the world?

I was in western europe last year for a few months, around france, spain & portugal and it was very sad to see next to none gospel churches around. I went to a couple of "reformed" churches in france, which were dead. No gospel was proclaimed, there was a woman preaching on living a good life, no mention of Christ, no community...quite disheartening in fact.

So how does the gospel fare in scandinavia?

Thanks

Thousands of empty churches litter the European landscape while their culture shifts evermore toward secularism. Islam is quickly replacing Christianity as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,393 Times in 1,436 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Light Within View Post
    Thousands of empty churches litter the European landscape while their culture shifts evermore toward secularism. Islam is quickly replacing Christianity as well.
    Have you been to Europe?

Thanks

That's awesome. Yeah, Norway is a bit different alright. Don't they let criminals go free after a certain amount of years?
    Well it depends. We don't have life sentence or death penalty here. 21 years in prison is the max punishment for the most serious crimes, but if it is judged that there is a big enough chance that it will happen again, it can be extended 5 years and then consider to extend it 5 years again, and again. So in theory it can be life in prison (but that's pretty rare)
    But yeah, the prison system is more humane than in the US. Most prisoners have a tv in their cell, and they can often get themselves an education and a university degree while in prison.

Also the police normally don't have guns on them (they are locked in the car and its very restrictive when they can use them)
    Last edited by The Norwegian; 06-10-2014 at 07:34 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by undadog4eva View Post
    how is the church scene in your part of the world?

I was in western europe last year for a few months, around france, spain & portugal and it was very sad to see next to none gospel churches around. I went to a couple of "reformed" churches in france, which were dead. No gospel was proclaimed, there was a woman preaching on living a good life, no mention of Christ, no community...quite disheartening in fact.

So how does the gospel fare in scandinavia?
    Norway is traditionaly lutheran and we have a state church (it has become almost completely independent of the state lately, but it sees itself as the church for the people), and most people are actualy members there, it happens automatically when you are baptised as an infant there (it's popular even for unbelievers to baptise their children there because it is like a tradition). The state church is based on culture and tradition. The goal seems to be to be as inclusive as possible so they are very liberal. The number of people who go to sunday service there is dropping, many old folks still go there though.

Most commited Christians therefore goes to what we call a "free church".
    When it comes to that there are mainly two groups, lutheran churches or pentacostal churces, and some that are a mix of both. There are some good ones, and many young people goes to churches more akin to pentacostalism because the style is a bit "looser", not as stiff like lutheran churches with organ music and liturgy, and they have more modern worship music like Hillsong.

In general, churches in Norway seems to be afraid of sensitive topics, and even churches that emphasize the gospel, tends to avoid to talk too directly about God's holiness, sin and hell.

Reformed theology and calvinism is completely missing here (there are no such churches here that I am aware of). I did not even know about that at all, so listening to Christian hip hop was my introduction to that.
    Last edited by The Norwegian; 06-10-2014 at 09:06 AM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Norwegian For This Useful Post:

EgoVanEgo (06-10-2014), undadog4eva (06-10-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by undadog4eva View Post
    Have you been to Europe?
    Unfortunately, no. I'm was born in Canada, but have a mostly German heritage, with some family still living in Germany. Also, I know many people who live in Europe or have traveled there saying that most parts of it are spiritually dead. It saddens me greatly to hear what is taking place there.
    Last edited by The Light Within; 06-10-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Thanks

Stumbled upon this:

Quote Originally Posted by d.hyde View Post

That shirt looks semi lumberjack

Thanks
    Thanked 7,150 Times in 3,281 Posts

Stumbled upon this:
    That was my first medium sized beard. I suppose I'll post a full on mega-beard picture.

"First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions..."

Thanks

Is that your World Cup beard that you grow out every 4 years, because it's truly a beauty?

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

Might as well post in here. This is from this spring. I transferred down to UNC this past year and walked onto their track and field team as a javelin thrower. I'm hoping to throw for at least two more years, maybe three depending on grad school.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Gray For This Useful Post:

jeyjey34 (06-16-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,128 Times in 3,532 Posts

Me in Seattle doing security at a Washington Huskies spring football practice.

"Oh God, you are my God and I will ever praise you."

Thread Information