Widgets Magazine
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    HCR Ole' Head undadog4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,424
    Thanks
    2,402
    Thanked 2,394 Times in 1,437 Posts

    Talking J. Cole "Crooked Smile" Video! Watch it!

    *Warning* Explicit lyrics

    I didn't know (like a lot of folks who live outside of the states) who Aiyana Jones was. So all respect due to Cole for making this video and shedding some light on the Aiyana Jones story. He could have done a feel good video with an inspirational montage of girls realizing they're beautiful on the inside, throw in a TLC cameo, and gotten more views. But instead he chose to do something that isn't afraid to try, isn't afraid to make a statement, and while it may not be perfect, he has done something that is lacking in CHH or HH.



    Maybe you didn't feel the same way watching it. I don't have a daughter but it would have gotten Thai Phone Commercial / "Fruitvale Station" level dusty in the room while I watched this.

    enjoy!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to undadog4eva For This Useful Post:

    TheNon-Rapper (09-18-2013)

  3. #2
    HCR Veterano
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,643
    Thanks
    347
    Thanked 483 Times in 360 Posts

    Default

    Aiyana Jones wasn't killed in a drug raid though right?

    I recognize there is some disturbing stuff that shouldn't happen in the war against drugs, but this doesn't seem like the appropriate context to fight that battle.

  4. #3
    HCR Ole' Head Ras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Detroit, Motown, Slum Village
    Posts
    26,041
    Thanks
    8,140
    Thanked 11,961 Times in 6,599 Posts

    Default

    Unda- As far as I know it wasn't a big national story like that. Some knew about it, similar to Oscar Grant. Being from the D, I'm remember this. Cops showing out for "First 48" and this child was killed about 10 minutes from my hood.
    Last edited by Ras; 09-19-2013 at 12:18 AM.
    New Video:Proceed With Caution Blog
    Gemstones Review" "2 piece like Chris Childs did to Kobe / Catch me in the corner store, quarters for Shinobi"Action Bronson

  5. #4
    HCR Ole' Head Ras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Detroit, Motown, Slum Village
    Posts
    26,041
    Thanks
    8,140
    Thanked 11,961 Times in 6,599 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gray View Post
    Aiyana Jones wasn't killed in a drug raid though right?

    I recognize there is some disturbing stuff that shouldn't happen in the war against drugs, but this doesn't seem like the appropriate context to fight that battle.
    Nope, murder suspect.
    New Video:Proceed With Caution Blog
    Gemstones Review" "2 piece like Chris Childs did to Kobe / Catch me in the corner store, quarters for Shinobi"Action Bronson

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ras For This Useful Post:

    Mr.Gray (09-19-2013)

  7. #5
    HCR Ole' Head undadog4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,424
    Thanks
    2,402
    Thanked 2,394 Times in 1,437 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ras View Post
    Unda- As far as I know it wasn't a big national story like that. Some knew about it, similar to Oscar Grant. Being from the D, I'm remember this. Cops showing out for "First 48" and this child was killed about 10 minutes from my hood.
    Oh word that must have been a big deal that close to you!

  8. #6
    HCR Ole' Head Ras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Detroit, Motown, Slum Village
    Posts
    26,041
    Thanks
    8,140
    Thanked 11,961 Times in 6,599 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undadog4eva View Post
    Oh word that must have been a big deal that close to you!
    Yep
    New Video:Proceed With Caution Blog
    Gemstones Review" "2 piece like Chris Childs did to Kobe / Catch me in the corner store, quarters for Shinobi"Action Bronson

  9. #7
    HCR Veterano
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,643
    Thanks
    347
    Thanked 483 Times in 360 Posts

    Default

    This is weird. I really am confused as to why they are trying to use this to raise awareness about the war on drugs when her death had nothing to do with the war on drugs.

  10. #8
    Young Bol crossway83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    254
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 64 Times in 47 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gray View Post
    This is weird. I really am confused as to why they are trying to use this to raise awareness about the war on drugs when her death had nothing to do with the war on drugs.
    Thought the same thing.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •