Widgets Magazine
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,128 Times in 3,532 Posts

Default Question About CHH Venues and Lecrae

Over the years, we've had discussions about whether a christian artist who is opposed to false teaching should go to a false teaching church to minister/perform. Some of you feel an artist shouldn't go because going there shows that you support what the church is doing. Others of you feel that an artist SHOULD go to be a light amongst darkness and to give them some truth they need to hear

I find a correlation between that topic and the recent discussions about Lecrae.

So the question I ask is, is there a difference between Lecrae being a guest feature on a secular track and rhyming about Christ versus a christian artist going to a false teaching church and ministering/performing?

If there's a difference, what's the difference?
    "Oh God, you are my God and I will ever praise you."

Thanks

An artist I know has been to a few churches to minister/teach where false doctrine is taught. Always describes it as its a relief that kids there get to hear sound doctrine even if it's only for one night. A few years ago I ministered with some guys at a church that had some iffy beliefs too. One of the pastors called out our parents for not doing this dance where you run around in a circle and stomp real hard on the ground, even called them fake & told them to repent. But we still ministered. I think it's good to minister at churches like that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Apex For This Useful Post:

jeyjey34 (09-13-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Apex View Post
    An artist I know has been to a few churches to minister/teach where false doctrine is taught. Always describes it as its a relief that kids there get to hear sound doctrine even if it's only for one night. A few years ago I ministered with some guys at a church that had some iffy beliefs too. One of the pastors called out our parents for not doing this dance where you run around in a circle and stomp real hard on the ground, even called them fake & told them to repent. But we still ministered. I think it's good to minister at churches like that.
    So you ministered in a venue where false doctrine in taught. Would you consider what Lecrae is doing as "ministering" in secular hip hop where false doctrine is taught (girls, cars, jewelry)?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeyjey34 View Post
    So you ministered in a venue where false doctrine in taught. Would you consider what Lecrae is doing as "ministering" in secular hip hop where false doctrine is taught (girls, cars, jewelry)?
    Well I always wondered how it would be if you took one of the top songs in mainstream hip-hop, like real explicit ones that get the most hype, take out one of the rappers features and add a feature from someone in CHH. I think that would have a better impact on people since the platform would be so huge, the only downside is you'd catch flack for it.

Thanks

Well I always wondered how it would be if you took one of the top songs in mainstream hip-hop, like real explicit ones that get the most hype, take out one of the rappers features and add a feature from someone in CHH. I think that would have a better impact on people since the platform would be so huge, the only downside is you'd catch flack for it.
    And that's what is happening.

Thanks

And that's what is happening.
    Is it worth it?

Thanks

Is it worth it?
    Good question...

Thanks

Could go back to even the earlier debates about an artist collaborating with another artist who has false doctrine. I think the debates are all related

10. The Following User Says Thank You to EgoVanEgo For This Useful Post:

jeyjey34 (09-14-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EgoVanEgo View Post
    Could go back to even the earlier debates about an artist collaborating with another artist who has false doctrine. I think the debates are all related
    Also to what about an artist collaborating with producers who aren't Christian?

Thanks

Also to what about an artist collaborating with producers who aren't Christian?
    I don't think the producer discussion applies because a producer simply producing music. What makes a song sinful or not is the lyrics.

Thanks

I don't think the producer discussion applies because a producer simply producing music. What makes a song sinful or not is the lyrics.
    Then why do people make such a big deal about collabs when verses are clean?

Thanks

Then why do people make such a big deal about collabs when verses are clean?
    People generally have a problem when he collabs with someone who is either known for talking about vulgar things or who does it in the song that Lecrae is on.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,645 Posts

Outside of being an artist, if a church with questionable doctrine asked me to come speak at their church, I may consider going. However, I would not invite them to speak at my church.
    "He who hates, disguises it with his lips, and lays up deceit within himself; When he speaks kindly, do not believ him, for there are seven abominations in his heart." Proverbs 26

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Expositor For This Useful Post:

jeyjey34 (09-16-2013), shekinahsmoke (09-16-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Expositor View Post
    Outside of being an artist, if a church with questionable doctrine asked me to come speak at their church, I may consider going. However, I would not invite them to speak at my church.
    Another correlation that Joseph made that I liked was how people questioned Piper for sharing a platform with Rick Warren.

Thread Information