Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Aimless.

  1. #1
    HCR Veterano Plain Ole Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    757
    Posts
    1,038
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 282 Times in 197 Posts

    Default Aimless.

    So for as long as I can remember I've been listless. I don't have passions or desires. I have a great (financially speaking) job that I hate, in pursuit of a masters degree (that i don't want), faithfully committed to a church & youth ministry (that i don't care about). I've been praying for direction before I even got on this trajectory, at least since 2000. And so while I don't doubt God speaks I can't hear him. I'm ready to quit it all.

    Sincerely,
    Wandering

  2. #2
    HCR Ole' Head LUPE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,863
    Thanks
    3,082
    Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,341 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plain Ole Me View Post
    So for as long as I can remember I've been listless. I don't have passions or desires. I have a great (financially speaking) job that I hate, in pursuit of a masters degree (that i don't want), faithfully committed to a church & youth ministry (that i don't care about). I've been praying for direction before I even got on this trajectory, at least since 2000. And so while I don't doubt God speaks I can't hear him. I'm ready to quit it all.

    Sincerely,
    Wandering
    I'd like to suggest to you that you check out this video it's by a good brother named Pete Cabrera Jr. He teaches on the power of the Kingdom of God that is within believers. Peace.


    Who is Jesus? GOD! Who are you? Son of GOD! Daughter of GOD! Who is Jesus? GOD! Who are you? Son of God! Daughter of GOD!

  3. #3
    HCR Veterano
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,038
    Thanks
    843
    Thanked 486 Times in 342 Posts

    Default

    When is the last time you sat down and read a gospel to hear Jesus' direct words? Sounds like you need to take a break from things. Remember this is a long race. We must endure to the end. Gospel of John should remind you why you are in this race. I'll pray for you.

  4. #4
    HCR Veterano Plain Ole Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    757
    Posts
    1,038
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 282 Times in 197 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LUPE View Post
    I'd like to suggest to you that you check out this video it's by a good brother named Pete Cabrera Jr. He teaches on the power of the Kingdom of God that is within believers. Peace.
    This was a good message I didn't quite grasp the relevance however. Could you enlighten me please.
    Quote Originally Posted by E.Gordo View Post
    When is the last time you sat down and read a gospel to hear Jesus' direct words? Sounds like you need to take a break from things. Remember this is a long race. We must endure to the end. Gospel of John should remind you why you are in this race. I'll pray for you.
    A specific gospel? I couldn't tell you. Maybe a couple years. Endurance isn't really my concern though. I'm not tired (or suicidal) if that's what you took from my post. Rather I just know ive been living haphazardly my whole life. I meant quit my job and school

    Thank you all for your prayers thus far.
    Last edited by Plain Ole Me; 03-06-2013 at 08:36 PM.

  5. #5
    HCR Ole' Head LUPE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,863
    Thanks
    3,082
    Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,341 Posts

    Default

    I misunderstood your prayer request... My bad.

    I get where you're coming from now and I'm praying for you. God bless.
    Last edited by LUPE; 03-07-2013 at 01:19 AM.
    Who is Jesus? GOD! Who are you? Son of GOD! Daughter of GOD! Who is Jesus? GOD! Who are you? Son of God! Daughter of GOD!

  6. #6
    Young Bol soulwinner1524's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plain Ole Me View Post
    So for as long as I can remember I've been listless. I don't have passions or desires. I have a great (financially speaking) job that I hate, in pursuit of a masters degree (that i don't want), faithfully committed to a church & youth ministry (that i don't care about). I've been praying for direction before I even got on this trajectory, at least since 2000. And so while I don't doubt God speaks I can't hear him. I'm ready to quit it all.

    Sincerely,
    Wandering
    Hello Plain ole me. The Lord has recently put a thought in my heart. He tod me that many people are unsatisified with their spiritual and physical lives as well. Matt 13:44 tells us, "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field." The showed me that one of two things are happenning. Either the individual is not selling everything that he has(This goes beyond selling physical things for money. This goes into trading our own desires for what God wants for us.) or they have bought the field of religion and left the treasure buried. What is the treasure? It is the kingdom of God! It is time that we unbury the kingdom! What does the bible say that the kingdom of God is? Romans 14:17 says that, "For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost." Let us walk through this. Righteousness, or the state of being and doing right. He that doeth righteousness is righteous(1John3:7). Many people have left off from doing the right thing, quoting that we are saved by grace, through faith and not of works, lest any man should boast(Ephesians 2:8,9). James 2:20 tells us that faith without works is dead. So how do we reconcile this? Jesus likened those who heard his words and obeyed them to a man who built his house upon a rock. He also likened those who heard and did not obey to a man who built his house upon the sand. He then said that the wind a rain came and washed away the man's house who built upon the sand. We as people are so afraid to be considered legalistic but we follow laws every day. We do not fall into the universe because of the laws of gravity. The laws of the human body tell us that we have to eat to live, and guess what? We eat! We follow the laws of God because we want the best things that God has to offer us. He said if we do this we will get this outcome. If we sow this seed we will reap after this manner. If we believe God we will do those things because we have faith in what he says. It is not the works that saved us. We did not earn our salvation. Jesus paid with his blood on the cross! The thing is he said that if we do these things that we will be saved. Because we "believe" Jesus we will do what he said. We are not trying to earn salvation but rather doing what he said to recieve it. He made the way and it is our job to follow it! Let me ask you this. If someone told you that you that you need to eat to live and that life is a gift from God. You said that you believed him but never ate anything because you quote that he said life is a gift from God! I do not have to earn it. How long do you think that you would live? I have never seen anyone fast longer than eighty days and that was Moses. He was in the process of doing God's will. I would not try it without express command from the Lord. Jesus is telling us that he died so that we can have salvation. He also tells us there are things that we must do to be saved. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved, but he that beliveth not shall be condemned(Mark 16:16). If we believe we will be baptized. If we do not believe we will not be baptized. Did baptism save us? No. Jesus dying on the cross saved us but the faith that caused us to be baptised allows us to recieve what he did on the cross. So if we are not baptized then we will not be saved unless of certain time constraints like that of the thief on the cross. Remember it is grace through faith that saves us. James said faith without works is dead. So if we believe the word of God we will do what it says not because of fear of going to Hell but because he said it. Because he said it, we will do what he said to do. John 2:23-24 tells us 23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. The whole chapter 11 of Hebrews shows people of God stepping out to obey God because of "faith". If not all af them, most of them were in a time before the law, and yet they obeyed God. This was not about obeying God so that they would not go to hell but because they believed God. The bible said that since Abraham believed God it was accounted unto him for righteousness! Because we believe God it will also be accounted unto us for righteousness. If you believe the word you will obey it. The issue is that of motive. Did Jesus save you or does the law save you. Are you obeying the law so that you will be "good enough" to be saved, or because Jesus died on the cross for us and he told us to do these things and we obey him out of love and faith in his words? Because the reason that we obey him is because we believe him, that is why it will be accounted to us for righteousness!
    The second part is peace. Isaiah 26:3 says, "You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you: because he trusts in you." Many times we let our lives become so busy that we do not take time to pray or read God's word. But thin goes deeper than that Are we meditating on God's word when we are talking with our friends or working our jobs. You might say that you cannot think like that on your job. think like this, How do you want me doing my job since the bible says that I should work unto you? Chances are he will have you working harder and helping your coworkers and bosses anytime you can. How would Jesus do your job? Now that is a thought! The other part of peace is having peace with those around you! We are to have our feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace(Ephesians6:15). We should always be prepared to bring the gospel in peace to others. The bible tells us that the kingdom of God suffereth violence and the violent take it by force(Matt 11:12). This is the way the world works. They try to force their will upon someone but God gives free will. We need to try to bring peace to each other. Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the sons of God(Matt 5:9). To have peace with God and with each other is a major part of the kingdom of God!
    The third part of the first scripture is joy! This is an area that you seem to be lacking in considerably. Psalms 16:11 tells us that, "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore." Joy is found in the presence of God! Many times, we try to do the the work of the ministry without spending quality time with the one who wants to work through our lives.There is and old sond that mys pastor's wife used to sing that went, "I miss my time with you, those moments together. And it hurts to hear you say you're too busy, too busy trying to serve me. Oh, but how can you serve me when your spirit's empty? There is a longing in my heart, longing for more than just a part of you. It's tru-u-ue, I miss my time with you."We seem to put everyting on the frontline of importance and leave our time with God and his kingdom on the back burner. We say to ourselves we will get to that later. The problem with this is that God is a jealous God and those other things will lose their pleasure to us as God calls us to a deeper relationship with him. You see everyone of us has a part that longs to know the God that created us and we constantly bury that desire as we try to please our flesh with things of this world or religion itself. Sometimes we do this knowingly, but most of the time we do this because we do not recognize it as our need for more of God. If you take care of this part along with the rest of the verse, the world will become strangely dim but inside you will feel alive! Your ministry will be trying to bring others to this amazing, life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ!
    Finally, all these things are to be in the Holy Ghost! Many churches say that we do not believe that the Holy Ghost is for every member of their church. They say that it is only for the ministry to help them to understand and preach God's word. The problem is that Romans 8:9 tells us that, "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." Notice it did not say that they were not a part of his ministry! The Holy Ghost is needed for us to be saved. This goes into obedient faith like we talked about earlier. We are saved because Jesus died on the cross but because we believe that what God's word has said is true then Romans 8:11 tells us, "But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you." So if it is necessary then how do we get it? Acts 2:38 says. "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." So if we turn from our sins, and are baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, God will fill us with his Spirit!
    I promise you if you do these things God will turn your life around so much that your ministry will become so dynamic that others will look to you for direction. I will pray for you and may God use you mightily for his kingdom!

  7. #7
    HCR Veterano Plain Ole Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    757
    Posts
    1,038
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 282 Times in 197 Posts

    Default

    ^I'm not sure if who that was for, but I DID take the time to read it all. It was a good word. So I hope whomever it is relevant for in this case it will bless immensely.

    Lemme further articulate my situation. I am saved (or would like to believe I am) first and foremost. I attend church without failing, read my bible, fast and pray regularly. I am faithful and active in my church, I give offering as well. I dont say any of the aforementioned to toot my own horn or say I'm blameless, rather so we can get those things out the way in case anyone wanted to question them.

    I lack direction. I don't study or try, despite that I get very good grades. I graduated high school with no vocational or educational desires or goals. I graduated with honors, then went on to earn 2 bachelor degrees, now I'm in pursuit of a masters degree. I have no desire or passion for the degree I'm seeking. In fact I loathe it. I've been praying for direction for as long as I can remember (at least since 2000). While I'm waiting for God I still have to be productive and progressive so I work. I loathe my job as well (or should I say jobs). It pays well though and since I make a good amount of money everyone tells me to be thankful. I'm quite aware and cognizant that God has blessed me. The fact I need to be thankful does not make me thankful, nonetheless I give thanks. I don't have passion for anything, that includes school, work or people. I'm unmotivated. I don't complain. Most people think I enjoy serving in my church, working in my job serving people or going to school, I don't. So I pray, fast & read scripture waiting on God. People encourage me. I don't need motivation or encouragement. Telling me to keep going is irrelevant, I'm going to keep going regardless. Telling me to trust God is pointless, I do trust God. Knowing God is in control doesn't make me like school, work or church.

    I hope I've clarified my quagmire a lil better, thanks for those that have responded and prayed on my behalf, God bless & have a good day.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default online sales black friday 2013

    Hermes Outlet Buying Look-alike Lv Totes permits the people to take pleasure in the very same popular features of the original Lv Bags bags at a tiny part of the main expense. You can find dishonest and inapte folks in all realms of business, unfortunately.
    Hermes handbags Therefore, go right ahead and sense that a princess. Celine Dion surprised audience members at a concert on Friday when she took to the stage in at the Jamaica Jazz and Blues Festival in a teeny gold Balmain minidress.
    Hermes Birkin However, he also mentions a recent report of a a 49-year-old woman who got pregnant with IVF using her own eggs after 2 years of trying. So, two people happen Coach bags price to coincide with the risk of large public relations means, let gucci as much as possible in the propaganda of garments festival milan in each big fashion journal.
    Hermes kelly Women were only available in while in their favored ucheap backside boots or shoes sorts concerning isabel marant.. You'd nearly believe that the entire new music neighbourhood is created up of douchebags who somewhere inside the spine of their heads consider they are Bob Dylan.
    Hermes Through continuous improvement, lately the dominant land locations of private corruption is substantially decreased. Materials tend to be diligently harvested to give the same seem like the exclusive kinds.

    In modern daytime offensive marketplace,Coach Handbags, it is not a breeze to the consumer to establish a intelligent decision within the momentary style. Fishing lures is crucial to bass angling mainly because it can allow you to catch a lot more fish or perhaps win that crucial fishing tournament. http://saleheremshandbag.webs.com/ On the other side of the scale, if you are a woman on the heavier side then a tiny little clutch is certainly not going to do much for you. As quickly as your backyard continues to be excavated, the swimming pool is delivered in a very sole piece and arrange. http://discountheremeshandbagssale.webs.com/ It is really constantly been a sweet trip however the 2013 unit sports activities some quite fascinating updates It now delivers the next amount of overall performance, far more interior comforts and point out of the art technologies. Save money, it is going to be worth it in the lengthy run.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default outlet mall online store

    Hermes Outlet It likely that you won run into any issues, however,Hermes kelly 35cm Black with Gold hardware NFL Dea, just to be on the safe side it recommended that you always verify a handbag authenticity before you buy it. Louis Vuitton toma sus pedidos personalizados muy en serio, razn por la cual tienen un departamento dedicado para ellos en su sede en Pars, Francia..
    Hermes handbags It could be also a wonderful adornment making you look more stylish and fashionable. However, Hermes will never utilize any sort of metal logo backing up or nameplate in the interior of this handbag.
    Hermes Birkin And schools will not be able to enhance their reputation by cherry-picking the brightest academic students.. Within Marc-style design with Hermes handbags, it is not necessary for Birkin being noble and luxurious.
    Hermes kelly Bonk you thought possible volatile relating to the image by using a phony strip imitation leather carrier? Advantageously Dolce and additionally Gabbana bags location offers righteous everything you also been dreaming intended for.. This necessity over a period of time has develop into a vogue instrument.
    Hermes Buying Louis Vuitton Speedy handbags for yourself can be nearly impossible for some and buying for someone else even harder. Your guitar neck tie up handbag it might be expected being a laid back addition to your females series, and is also place on using an array of apparel, mainly laid back.

    Parce que Louis Vuitton seraient les articles qui se vendent primaires, il est important de crer des images diverses et frais de mains rplique sacs LV designer pour Marc. They are going to encompass high-quality moist cloth then heavy and light fabrics mutual. http://hothermesbags.webs.com/ From the soundtrack to the set to the casting, it all felt magic even on the live broadcast. The Steamer Bag, a small handbag to go with larger LV luggage, was introduced in 1901; The elegant Louis Vuitton handbag Keepall, which first was a fashion sensation and then an icon was appeared in 1930. http://2013hermeshandbags.webs.com/ Une fois qu'ils Ceinture Louis Vuitton apportent la vente, ils sont l'amant de l'actrice beaucoup. Celines music has been influenced by a lot of other genres mainly hip hop, rock and many more.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default designer outlet online stores

    isabel marant sneakers Leather accents: That leather zip move, or pull strip ought to be horizontal to that zipper. Celine Bags Vipiana, together with her spouse Rich, started the woman's profession popular through starting the shop within London promoting..
    isabel marant shoes sale There are designer and comfy jackets, vests, sweaters and more. The stamp on the purse should study "HERMES PARIS Produced IN FRANCE".
    isabel marant sneakers online Jamaica. Humans are hardly ever glad with what they management - they at all times louis vuitton bags on sale want far more And much more And much more..
    isabel marant shoes price The design features an elegant look as the original which is a leather strap with buckle around the entire body. Since then, extremists have widened the gulf on both sides of the debate to the point where it seems unlikely we will ever find a solution acceptable to all.
    isabel marant shoes online Then they progress to the more discreet emblems of consumption. from the people, the s, but he made a decision to savound Liu Zhong.

    November 24, LV and Guangzhou police have jointly cracked with all the community Louis Vuitton Artsy MM M93828 and advertising instance, the website labeled as "good." louis vuitton official site Wantonly the sale within the total worth of much more than one million counterfeit LV, the primary culprit was arrested Lin, that is definitely, previously the direct in organizing "attacks" Taobao's very best male, "Zuo-lun.". Love it.. http://isabelonlines.webs.com/ It's this is why this like shawls are 'R. eBay is a fantastic area to uncover the LV backpacks and all other bags for discounted charges. http://2013isabel.webs.com/ Bande de Gaza. It die art ofbeing uncalculated, die will ingness to look foolish, the courage to say, is me, and I interested in you enough to show you my flaws with the hope that you may embrace me forall that I am but, more important, all that I am not..

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default online sales today

    Hermes Outlet Come to Louis Vuitton outlet online store and choose your favourite Louis Vuitton, you will gain some surprise. Where by would be the well known Louis Vuitton symbol? It'sd embossed into your typical ut set within the suitable base.
    Hermes handbags at 1800 North Federal Highway. Decided to buy cheap bestsellers Baggallini Luggage Tokyo Mini Crossbody Bag, Mulberry, One Size today before it is sold out.
    Hermes Birkin The handbag make us know that the imperfect items can also be beautiful. One of these sellers is Hermes Kelly handbags , which is an online dealer of customized designer Hermes handbags.
    Hermes kelly It took a superior 18-20 hours to manufacture only one piece, and the supplies used were pretty rare and expensive, because of which the bag pricing was also big. I've got a lot of last minute Christmas shopping to do.
    Hermes Even the most cautious of us go on a little shopping excursion each now and after that and also you usually do not need to be thrown into a monetary tailspin when your bill comes in. If perhaps shut outs will not be look, major department stores like Bon Walk, Free galleries Lafayettes in addition to Printemps have got every six months sales with The month of january and September, usually discounting developer duds by nearly 70%..

    There were good times and trying ones, and lasting impressions. It is also no secret that most ladies in the turn to Hermes bags or mulberry bags for their more classic looks.. http://saleheremshandbag.webs.com/ If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other healthcare professional. at the rear with the low-key and refined elegance, you can find normally concealed the superb practicality. http://saleheremshandbag.webs.com/ The hospital saves many lives and helps keep people close to home when they are trying to get over their illness. Though it was frequently hard to detect the alleged inspiration of the latest men's runway show from Louis Vuitton - the house's Men's Studio and Style Director Kim Jones said it was the intertwined mythologies of Paris and Tokyo - that still did not prevent this being a highly accomplished collection by a designer who is clearly hitting his stride at France's most profitable luxury brand.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default online sales jobs

    Hermes Outlet All these fashionable Celine bag will likely be continually pretty striking as well as really possibly by far the most highly-priced Celine bag, which will however is generally fundamentally extremely high superior clutches capital may well properly get. Photography equipment utilized to use shoes or boots together with actually thicker crepe feet so that you can guard their particular toes coming from tough ailments of the surroundings.
    Hermes handbags The Cabas MM Monogram Sabbia by Louis Vuitton is a casual, east/west tote that offers retro styling as well as a hint of pink; which was recently declared the "IT" color for 2011 by Pantone. Un de ses thories pour animaux de compagnie tait ?le moi divis.
    Hermes Birkin These men and women make use of purse to preserve vital aspect of this. They are even plated with either palladium or gold so that they do not tarnish like those materials made of silver.
    Hermes kelly While both Hermes bags and mulberry bags are a great choice even for the most fashion conscious in the population, the beginner should ask themselves which style fits their wardrobe better.. When you have children (Dion has three with husband Rene Angelil -- and notes that her 11-year-old son is more of a fan of Eminem than his mother's music), you have accomplished a lot.".
    Hermes Designated as a royal park, it is a favorite leisure spot of lieu and travellers alike. But when Henry Fok Ying-tung came to this world, his family has been quite difficult, thanks to his father charter lightering cargo to sustain life, not much income, hard life, their family was so poor that shoes wear on, regardless of winter heat, is the barefoot walking.

    Al fine di contrastare gli sforzi di bootleg borse, Georges, figlio di Louis Vuitton sito ufficiale, introdotto Canvas Monogram LV nel 1896. The general public used to look down upon buying secondhand, but today, it has become a smart fashion trend.. http://2013hermeshandbags.webs.com/ After all hyperlink creating. The above. http://2013onlinehermessale.webs.com/ The celine bag is an essential single product for each and every female friend, not backpack your ex no prospects, making sure that many individuals have said, today, seven Korea Xiaobian to steer everyone to learn roughly folks with the celine bags in the big apple with commuter datingthe color which has an absolute benefit. Michael -- then Amy Winehouse let me.

  13. #13
    HCR Veterano
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,630
    Thanks
    452
    Thanked 453 Times in 346 Posts

    Default

    same prayer, thanks in advance

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to plainoleme For This Useful Post:

    shekinahsmoke (02-04-2014)

  15. #14
    HCR Veterano
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,630
    Thanks
    452
    Thanked 453 Times in 346 Posts

    Default

    smh.. im going on a decade of listlessness.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to plainoleme For This Useful Post:

    shekinahsmoke (02-04-2014)

  17. #15
    HCR Ole' Head shekinahsmoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York, United States
    Posts
    11,022
    Thanks
    9,246
    Thanked 2,804 Times in 1,724 Posts

    Default

    do you go out and witness plainoleme? have you watched Jesus save a man in front of your eyes?
    ----------
    Please Help If You Have the Means:
    www.tainashope.org

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to shekinahsmoke For This Useful Post:

    E.Gordo (02-04-2014)

  19. #16
    HCR Ole' Head eternal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    11,825
    Thanks
    3,686
    Thanked 6,115 Times in 3,434 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shekinahsmoke View Post
    do you go out and witness plainoleme? have you watched Jesus save a man in front of your eyes?
    Other follow up questions...

    Do you have a group of guys you are accountable to? That you study with, that encourage you, and vice versa? A group of fellas that meet outside of normal Sunday/Wednesday/etc congregational meetings? ie Christian brothers who are invested in your life and you are invested in theirs? One thing about the gospel, is that it is VERY much centered on community. Paul says the gospel was preached to Abraham even, when it was said that the NATIONS would be blessed by him. So that is the coming together of many into one, Jesus. All that to say, being in that family relationship is something that keeps us vested in the gospel, in its glory, in its joy, in its power.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eternal For This Useful Post:

    E.Gordo (02-04-2014), shekinahsmoke (02-04-2014)

  21. #17
    HCR Ole' Head eternal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    11,825
    Thanks
    3,686
    Thanked 6,115 Times in 3,434 Posts

    Default

    oh, and don't listen to plomakabSab, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eternal For This Useful Post:

    plainoleme (02-06-2014), shekinahsmoke (02-04-2014)

  23. #18
    HCR Veterano
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,038
    Thanks
    843
    Thanked 486 Times in 342 Posts

    Default

    You still feel this way? In your op it sounds like you are very busy doing "outward" things for God but not taking care of your relationship directly with Him...I could be wrong. I'm saying that because I've heard of this type of thing before in my short time being Christian. I don't really want to assume things. Could you explain where you are at in your walk? Like do you study the bible? Do you understand it? Do you read it without a direction? Everyone above me had good questions and I think we are on the same page with what we are trying to get at. I'll be praying for you.

  24. #19
    HCR Veterano
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,630
    Thanks
    452
    Thanked 453 Times in 346 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by E.Gordo View Post
    You still feel this way? In your op it sounds like you are very busy doing "outward" things for God but not taking care of your relationship directly with Him...I could be wrong. I'm saying that because I've heard of this type of thing before in my short time being Christian. I don't really want to assume things. Could you explain where you are at in your walk? Like do you study the bible? Do you understand it? Do you read it without a direction? Everyone above me had good questions and I think we are on the same page with what we are trying to get at. I'll be praying for you.
    Not sure how to respond to where I am in my walk however yes I study my word, regularly. I read daily and not just a verse 3-4 chapters and marinate on em. I pray. I fast every friday. I read with direction. Currently I have a personal bible plan to keep me on track, additionally I have to study because I teach sunday school and wednesday youth bible study. I run the young adult ministry at my churchnas well and im an altar worker. My church is about 200 members. Im very active. I dont saynany of that to portray my self as holy or even being in good standing with God but rather just to say I do serve.
    Quote Originally Posted by shekinahsmoke View Post
    do you go out and witness plainoleme? have you watched Jesus save a man in front of your eyes?
    Yes I witness. Not sure what u mean by save a man before my eyes
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal View Post
    Other follow up questions...

    Do you have a group of guys you are accountable to? That you study with, that encourage you, and vice versa? A group of fellas that meet outside of normal Sunday/Wednesday/etc congregational meetings? ie Christian brothers who are invested in your life and you are invested in theirs? One thing about the gospel, is that it is VERY much centered on community. Paul says the gospel was preached to Abraham even, when it was said that the NATIONS would be blessed by him. So that is the coming together of many into one, Jesus. All that to say, being in that family relationship is something that keeps us vested in the gospel, in its glory, in its joy, in its power.
    yes I have people who pray for me and I been approached them about accountability, I see them outside of sundays, its been ineffective. They do praynfor me, we break bread together and study together. Im sure theyd say theyre invested in my life, I am invested in theirs. Not sure how that changes or affects being listless tho..
    Last edited by plainoleme; 02-06-2014 at 12:47 AM.

  25. #20
    HCR Veterano
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,038
    Thanks
    843
    Thanked 486 Times in 342 Posts

    Default

    I'll give u a glimpse into how I feel. I'm not working right now (see how much you are blessed). I'm about to finish school. I don't have a girlfriend. Anyway, before my love for Christ grew, I didn't know where I was going. Now since I've studied the Word and found that it is true, I feel like I have a higher purpose. I worked at a homeless shelter and found out that there are people in life that REALLY need our help. I feel like you don't feel appreciated plainoleme. To me, even one person's smile at the shelter was enough for me to continue service. People would come up to me and give me their testimony out of nowhere. It made me love God that much more.

    Do you pray before you start reading the bible? Some people can read the bible all the way through and not get anything out of it. "Hearing they hear not, seeing they see not." IF this were the case for you then prayer could help remove the veil from your eyes. I don't want to make assumptions though. You see, I think people would agree with me in saying that when you have a strong relationship with the Lord, His love will grow inside of you. That relationship can only come through prayer, studying the Word, and fellowship.

    For some reason, I feel like your job is the biggest factor in the way you feel. Have you shared this testimony with other Christians in your church? I'm 100% sure someone else has been through what you are going through. "There is nothing new under the sun."
    Ask yourself, are you doing everything you do because you want to live up to man's standards (getting a master's degree) or are you doing it to please God? I think people would agree with me, that the latter is more fulfilling.
    Sometimes you have to give up your feeling of control and give it to God. That's how trust grows.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •