• thunder (ft doodle jump durant)

14 58.33%
  • heat (ft the king)

10 41.67%
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,950 Times in 1,239 Posts

Default thunder and heat the perfect storm

who do u guys have winning in the finals. Right now i'm leaning more towards the heat. If they play small and leave joel anthony on the bench perkins is gonna be a non factor.
    Wade >westbrook
    lebron=durant
    harding =bosh

its gonna depend on wade playing to superstar levels again and not just playing in the 4th quater. But the biggest impact is gonna be from the role players. Ibaka and slefalosha need to be actual scoring threats. On miami chalmers is more consistent of a role player; and i'm not sure who else on that team can score.
    I think the biggest disadvantage for okc is the 2-3-2 system. If miami steals one game in the first 2 games I think they can close them out in miami. So okc HAS to protect home court no matter what in order to win.
    I give ceaser his just due; after that i'm done; my walk is preparation for my life on the run (cel-d)
    i want to punch bill maher in the face/ but its politically incorrect to altercate (Wize)

Thanks

THis is Lebron's year. Durant must wait his turn.
    "This walk ain't about how holy you look, it's about how you apply that book" Frontlynaz

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slimkid24 For This Useful Post:

seal (06-11-2012), Terrence (07-27-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,503 Times in 2,800 Posts

If the Heat don't win it will certainly be the Coaches fault.

Here is the winning forumula.....

If the Thunder have both Perk and Ibaka on the Floor then the Heat need Bosh and Haslem/Battier.
    This spreads the floor or these dudes are going to be wide open.

Wade on Westbrook.
    Battier on Durant.
    Train people to take charges on Durant.

Let James loose.

Grace and Peace,
    seal
    Now it's cool if Brothers Cross over/But wat's the point of crossing over if you don't take the CROSS OVER~ shai

Thanks
    Thanked 11,961 Times in 6,599 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    If the Heat don't win it will certainly be the Coaches fault.

Here is the winning forumula.....

If the Thunder have both Perk and Ibaka on the Floor then the Heat need Bosh and Haslem/Battier.
    This spreads the floor or these dudes are going to be wide open.

Wade on Westbrook.
    Battier on Durant.
    Train people to take charges on Durant.

Let James loose.

Grace and Peace,
    seal
    If Wade gotta check him. You really gotta forget about him on the offensive end. That young boy will run him off the court. They will lose. Chalmers has to do it with some help.
    New Video:Proceed With Caution Blog
    Gemstones Review" "2 piece like Chris Childs did to Kobe / Catch me in the corner store, quarters for Shinobi"Action Bronson

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ras View Post
    If Wade gotta check him. You really gotta forget about him on the offensive end. That young boy will run him off the court. They will lose. Chalmers has to do it with some help.
    I'm not saying Wade sticks him all Game.... But when things need to be shut down... Like when Kobe defended him.... Wade is a lock down defender. Chalmers will be destroyed by Westbrook if left to himself.....LOL...
    Now it's cool if Brothers Cross over/But wat's the point of crossing over if you don't take the CROSS OVER~ shai

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seal For This Useful Post:

Ras (06-11-2012), Terrence (07-27-2012)

Thanks

i'm just wondering which westbrook we'll see. If he plays like he did against the lakers the thunder will take it; if he plays like he did against the thunder and wade balls the heat got it. Like i said wade and westbrook will be the difference makers for this series. The biggest weakness for the heat is outside of the 3 they have no one that can give them 10-15 points consistently.
    I give ceaser his just due; after that i'm done; my walk is preparation for my life on the run (cel-d)
    i want to punch bill maher in the face/ but its politically incorrect to altercate (Wize)

Thanks

I think OKC is going to take it. They have a deeper bench and better coaching. It's going to take Lebron and DWade playing out of their minds to win this series but that may not be enough to overcome Spoelstra's coaching deficiencies. OKC grew up a lot this off season facing all of the past champions plus having the DFish championship and big shot experience on the court and in the locker room has been invaluable. This is gonna be a GREAT series! I can't wait to see it tip off!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I'm not saying Wade sticks him all Game.... But when things need to be shut down... Like when Kobe defended him.... Wade is a lock down defender. Chalmers will be destroyed by Westbrook if left to himself.....LOL...
    Wade is not a lock down defender. Wade was struggling against Rondo whenever the Heat had him guarding Rondo. He is ok on help defense but anytime Wade play 1 on 1 or have to help on pick and roll he struggle.
    Creativity is for people with glasses who like to lie -- Swanson

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jayhopeishere View Post
    Wade is not a lock down defender. Wade was struggling against Rondo whenever the Heat had him guarding Rondo. He is ok on help defense but anytime Wade play 1 on 1 or have to help on pick and roll he struggle.

Rondo is a different player than Westbrook. Wade played Rondo like every other team in the league. As if he has no jump shot. Wade is a Lock down defender and has been on the 2nd Team All defensive team quite a lot. You don't make that list being a bad 1 on 1 defender unless you are some small quick point guard.

Every defender struggles on a pick and roll. Which is why it's a play many consider unstoppable. Westbrook like to pull up over smaller guards and pop. Not on Wade.

Grace and Peace,
    seal

12. The Following User Says Thank You to seal For This Useful Post:

Terrence (07-27-2012)

HCR Familia
    Thanks

Dwayde has to step up on the offensive end, he has to be a consistent 25 point scorer. The x factors are going to be harden, and Bosh. I think Sefolosha can do a decent job on Wayde, and Ibaka can handle Bosh. I think Lebron will give Durant fits. If Lebron and Wayde can put OKC's bigs in foul trouble they have a good shot, but it should definitely be a good series. I don't know who to root for, I've become a Lebron sympathizer of late because he has taken way too much heat. no pun intended.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,636 Times in 1,895 Posts

Will Durant and Lebron start the game gaurding each other what do you guys think?
    Lebron is a beast. Best in game imo. -CHRISTion

www.soundclick.com/ministerquietstorm

http://www.christlikeclothing.com/

Thanks

One advantage that OKC clearly has in this series is that they have the best shot blocker in the game on their side. The OKC defenders can crowd James and Wade and make it hard for them cause they know that even if they get beat off the dribble Ibaka is back there waiting. Perkins will be a non factor cause OKC only got him to gaurd the bigs in the West (Duncan, Bynum etc..) the Heat have no low post thread like that so Perkins will mainly be used for setting screens on offense. Assuming that Bosh starts (If he doesnt the coach should get fired) he needs to pull away from the basket cause then Ibaka has to make a difficult decision. Should I stay at home in the paint or should I go out and not give Bosh an open look? The way Bosh was knocking down shots in game 7 Ibaka is going to have to play him honest which will open up the driving lanes for the big 2.

When it comes to the Heat it will be a mistake if they have anybody else not named Lebron James starting the game trying to gaurd Durant. We all saw what happend when Battier tried to gaurd Carmelo but guess what? Durant is better. Lebron has the ability to gaurd a good offensive player but still be effective on offense. I would not put Wade on Westbrook because with Westbrook you cant play off him like you do Rondo cause Westbrook had a great midrange game. Chalmers is actually a good on ball defender and will crowd Westbrook and not give him the midrange jumper. Sure Westbrook will have his moments beating him off the dribble but he would do that with any defender. Let Wade rest and stick him on Thabo.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quiet storm For This Useful Post:

Terrence (07-27-2012), TheKenster33 (06-12-2012)

Thanks

This is from an exhibition game in bmore during the lock out enjoy !!!!! A little finals preview.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Quiet storm For This Useful Post:

JARZJR (06-12-2012), Terrence (07-27-2012), TheKenster33 (06-12-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,961 Times in 6,599 Posts

If Lebron can get OKC in foul trouble, they'll win. Especially if they can get in Perkins, Westbrook head. We'll be able to tell how the refs will call it.
    New Video:Proceed With Caution Blog
    Gemstones Review" "2 piece like Chris Childs did to Kobe / Catch me in the corner store, quarters for Shinobi"Action Bronson

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet storm View Post
    Will Durant and Lebron start the game gaurding each other what do you guys think?
    I think Lebron will be the primary defender on Durant but I'm not sure if Durant will be the primary defender on Lebron early in the game. I think it depends on if Wade gets going or not. If Wade is struggling they may be able to get away with using Harden and Westbrook and sacrificing Sefalosha to Lebron for 3 quarters. If Wade is going then they'll have to match up. There are so many potential match ups in this series.

One advantage that OKC clearly has in this series is that they have the best shot blocker in the game on their side. The OKC defenders can crowd James and Wade and make it hard for them cause they know that even if they get beat off the dribble Ibaka is back there waiting. Perkins will be a non factor cause OKC only got him to gaurd the bigs in the West (Duncan, Bynum etc..) the Heat have no low post thread like that so Perkins will mainly be used for setting screens on offense. Assuming that Bosh starts (If he doesnt the coach should get fired) he needs to pull away from the basket cause then Ibaka has to make a difficult decision. Should I stay at home in the paint or should I go out and not give Bosh an open look? The way Bosh was knocking down shots in game 7 Ibaka is going to have to play him honest which will open up the driving lanes for the big 2.
    I think Perk will be a factor in some of the games but agree that overall won't be used as much in favor of Collison. Ibaka, Perk and Collison give the Thunder a definite advantage on the boards and if they get the defensive boards that slows down the running game. I think the Thunder are just a more versatile team and can throw a lot more rotations out there to rattle the Heat.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to TheKenster33 For This Useful Post:

Quiet storm (06-12-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ras View Post
    If Lebron can get OKC in foul trouble, they'll win. Especially if they can get in Perkins, Westbrook head. We'll be able to tell how the refs will call it.
    OKC will be in trouble if Perkins thinks he is a low post threat like he did at times in the Spurs series. He might see Haslem on him and think he can score on him everytime.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Quiet storm For This Useful Post:

Ras (06-12-2012)

HCR Familia
    Thanks

My detailed predictions for game 1. Durant starts off on Lebron. He gets a couple early fouls, they insert Harden. Harden gives them a boost. Tight game going into a low scoring first half. Third quarter OKC comes out strong, builds some momentum. Bosh gets going in 3rd, keeps Miami close. Fourth quarter Lebron gets going, Miami takes lead only to lose it after a 3 point barrage. Miami keeps close, but Durant scores big shots to give OKC win. Final score 92-87 OKC.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet storm View Post

When it comes to the Heat it will be a mistake if they have anybody else not named Lebron James starting the game trying to gaurd Durant. We all saw what happend when Battier tried to gaurd Carmelo but guess what? Durant is better. Lebron has the ability to gaurd a good offensive player but still be effective on offense. I would not put Wade on Westbrook because with Westbrook you cant play off him like you do Rondo cause Westbrook had a great midrange game. Chalmers is actually a good on ball defender and will crowd Westbrook and not give him the midrange jumper. Sure Westbrook will have his moments beating him off the dribble but he would do that with any defender. Let Wade rest and stick him on Thabo.
    Great breakdown. What's crazy is that lebron and durant trained during the offseason lol. I think lebron would do a much better job guarding durant than the other way around. The good thing about durant is that he doesn't drive to the hole all that much so u don't have to worry about picking up fouls. Yeah I also think Perkins is gonna be a non factor cuz once Miami goes small he's useless. I think ibaka should shut down bosh but that's gonna leave the paint exposed. Like I said its gonna come down to wade and Westbrook. If wade plays like he did against Indy Mia got this. If Westbrook plays like he did against lakers okc got it. The game tonight should give us a clue what to expect from this series

Thanks

after game 1. Lebron deserves no blame for this loss. He played aggressively all game and carried this team. My only criticism is he should've been guarding him in the 4th since he did a pretty decent job earlier.
    Wade played like trash tonight. I dont care what the stats showed since he got a couple of buckets in garbage time but he was looking like mo williams instead of an actual superstar. How u let battier have more of an impact on the game and you're a former finals MVP. westbrook carried the thunder in the 3rd with his aggressiveness and durant finished the heat off. Like i said perkins will not be a factor during this series. If wade continues to play like this, chalmers and bosh are gonna need to pick up the slack.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joseph29 For This Useful Post:

Quiet storm (06-12-2012), Terrence (07-27-2012)

Thanks

The Heat are in trouble for two reasons. Nobody not named Lebron James can gaurd Westbrook and nobody not named Lebron James can gaurd Durant. However if your the Heat coach you have Lebron gaurding Durant in the 4th.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Quiet storm For This Useful Post:

vancitykat (06-13-2012)

Thread Information