Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Is there a way to cancel HCR account?

I am trying to delete/cancel my account from HCR, is there a way to do this?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,961 Times in 6,599 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPae View Post
    I am trying to delete/cancel my account from HCR, is there a way to do this?
    I don't know but try this if you can't. Change your password to something you won't remember. Then when it's time the login, you can't. Type something real fast.
    New Video:Proceed With Caution Blog
    Gemstones Review" "2 piece like Chris Childs did to Kobe / Catch me in the corner store, quarters for Shinobi"Action Bronson

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ras For This Useful Post:

GloMoGo (06-27-2011), Sanktifyd (06-27-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 787 Posts

You can also ask a mod to ban you.
    In The Words Of Satan

"Soulja Boy ain't music. It's like garbage you can hear."---JT1031

Thanks

I was thinking of the password method, but I would have to type the password in twice right?

At that point, it requires a thought process that will be hard to forget, lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,285 Times in 1,513 Posts

Do what Seal did ... give someone of integrity your password and have them change your password and not tell you what the password is.
    -------
    * A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion. ~Prov 18:2
    "Never let us be guilty of sacrificing any portion of truth on the altar of peace." ~ J.C. Ryle

Thanks

I was thinking of the password method, but I would have to type the password in twice right?
    probaby so but then think of some combo that's complex. That you won't remember. Then tear the paper up.
    Gemstones Review" "2 piece like Chris Childs did to Kobe / Catch me in the corner store, quarters for Shinobi"Action Bronson

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ras For This Useful Post:

GloMoGo (06-27-2011)

Thanks

Aight ya, I like the idea of witing it down on paper and tossing it afterwards, ima use like 100 combinations lol.

Peace HCR, it was good when it was good, hit me up on twitter if you like @TheRealPae or email me here bcomingone@gmail.com, and just to explain a bit: Im way disappointed by conversations, topics and nonsense that goes on here (not all topics and posts, but a lot), and the truth of the matter is that I dont need to visit here its a waist of time, I can watch TMZ and other sources for this.

This board doesn't remind me of Holiness, or set apart. Moreso, I feel like theres a lot of worldliness...anyways, sorry if I ever offended you or am offending you now, please forgive me.

But those of ya I connected with KIT, Sola Deo Gloria...

Lester aka TheRealPae
    Last edited by TheRealPae; 06-27-2011 at 12:38 PM.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheRealPae For This Useful Post:

BlackCalvinist (06-27-2011), Carryyocross (06-29-2011), eternal (06-27-2011), SemperReformanda (06-27-2011)

Thanks

Aight ya, I like the idea of witing it down on paper and tossing it afterwards, ima use like 100 combinations lol.

Peace HCR, it was good when it was good, hit me up on twitter if you like @TheRealPae or email me here bcomingone@gmail.com, and just to explain a bit: Im way disappointed by conversations, topics and nonsense that goes on here (not all topics and posts, but a lot), and the truth of the matter is that I dont need to visit here its a waist of time, I can watch TMZ and other sources for this.

This board doesn't remind me of Holiness, or set apart. Moreso, I feel like theres a lot of worldliness...anyways, sorry if I ever offended you or am offending you now, please forgive me.

Lester aka TheRealPae
    If that's what's best for you spiritually. Peace out.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,230 Times in 3,220 Posts

A mod or admin can put you in 'retired' status. It's a ban (prevents you from logging in), but without the stigma of 'dang..what did he do ?'

Created it back when I was admin for those people who like to walk away from HCR for an extended time and not be tempted to log back in. Sometimes, that can be a hard thing to do (I've voluntarily stayed away for months at a time before, but sometimes, get drawn right back in).

I actually banned myself (Kerry1914) before stepping down as Admin. Since then, life's become so busy that HCR's bad convos, nonsense, quality of talk, false doctrine, etc....don't effect me like they used to. I'm remembering more wise words from my former pastor....."You can't stomp out every fire. If you keep trying to stomp out fires, you won't have any feet left."

Unfortunately, as HCR loses solid people, more wackness will step in to fill the gap. :-/ It happens.

There's always LDM.
    STILL BLACK :: STILL REFORMED :: STILL AROUND
    (just not on HCR as much)
    http://blackcalvinist.com

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlackCalvinist For This Useful Post:

GloMoGo (06-27-2011), SemperReformanda (06-27-2011), undadog4eva (06-27-2011), Zema (06-27-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tarii_2sweet View Post
    Yeah tell someone to kiss your A** are something and cussed someone you hate out really good then repent you'll be banned for good.
    Really though Tarii? Chill on the cursing. Putting a "*" there doesn't do anything. You might as well type it out. You did this in the BET Awards thread too. This would be strike two for you if I were a mod.
    In The Words Of Satan

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GloMoGo For This Useful Post:

benjamin (06-27-2011), BlackCalvinist (06-27-2011), Rikki (06-28-2011), Spiderman (06-27-2011)

Young Bol
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ras View Post
    I don't know but try this if you can't. Change your password to something you won't remember. Then when it's time the login, you can't. Type something real fast.
    That's what I did with my Moody account cuz the mods didn't bother ever responding. I should have told them that I had a $$ donation or that I lived in Philly or that I carried a backpack or some mess like that and they would have done it I guess. (and I can run my mouth now with Sanktifyd and they won't do a thing - I wish they would.)

Anyway, this is what I did...

I created a bogus email account with some long cryptic name (like 2f283223dass2@gmail.com) and set that to my account. Then I changed my password to something real cryptic. Since I made it a point to not write down the email address I couldn't even recover my cryptic password if I wanted to.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sanktifyd For This Useful Post:

BlackCalvinist (06-27-2011), GloMoGo (06-27-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GloMoGo View Post
    Really though Tarii? Chill on the cursing. Putting a "*" there doesn't do anything. You might as well type it out. You did this in the BET Awards thread too. This would be strike two for you if I were a mod.
    What's wrong with kissing a donkey?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to enel For This Useful Post:

Sanktifyd (06-27-2011)

Thanks

wow! an enel sighting! LOL

Dude - you get a break, can you repost your post from Ken Weusts' word studies on Eph. 4:11 ? The thread used to be up, but it's been gone for a minute now. I remember you, me and some other folk had a good discussion there.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,265 Times in 3,086 Posts

Technically, he should now be banned because it is against the rules to publically ask for you account to be deactivated...

East Point Church, located in South Atlanta

22. The Following User Says Thank You to JARZJR For This Useful Post:

eternal (06-27-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JARZJR View Post
    Technically, he should now be banned because it is against the rules to publically ask for you account to be deactivated...
    The irony.
    In The Words Of Satan

Thanks

• NO THREATENING TO LEAVE THE BOARD
    You may not create a thread specifically for the purpose of letting other forum members know that you are leaving the HCR Discussion Forums. This simply results in flaming and violators will be immediately banned. Note: Because of what a problem this has been in the past, the moderation staff cannot issue a warning for violations.

NOTE: If for some reason you are leaving for awhile (moving, etc) and will have limited access to the Internet, you may post a farewell message to the community. All farewell messages must be pre-approved by the HCR Lead Moderator (HCR Zealot) before posting it in the General Discussion Forum. Any unauthorized farewell messages will be immediately deleted and the user may be banned.
    Well there you have it...Understandable, I guess. Just had to check it out for myself....
    In The Words Of Satan

Young Bol
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GloMoGo View Post
    Well there you have it...Understandable, I guess. Just had to check it out for myself....
    Hmm... We will see...

Thanks
    Thanked 6,115 Times in 3,434 Posts

Lester aka TheRealPae
    Love you bro. I pray your passion for God increases as He satisfies you with His own Self. It has been good being in community with you here. Take care and God bless.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,909 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCalvinist View Post
    Ken Weusts' word studies on Eph. 4:11 ?
    In verse 11, Paul identifies the gifts spoken of in verse 7. They are gifted men, given to the Church. There is an intensive pronoun in the Greek text. "He Himself gave," and no other. He gave some saints as apostles. The word speaks in a primary sense of the twelve apostles, and in a secondary sense, of those who proclaim the Word of God today. "Prophets" refers, not to those who foretell the future, but to preachers and expounders of the Word. Evangelists are the travelling missionaries both in home and foreign lands. The word "pastor" is poimēn, "a shepherd." The words "pastors" and "teachers" are in a construction called Granvill Sharp's rule which indicates that they refer to one individual. The one who shepherds God's flock is also a teacher of the Word, having both the gifts of shepherding and teaching the flock. God's ideal pastor is one who engages in a didactic ministry, feeding the saints on expository preaching, giving them the rich food of the Word.

These gifted men are given the Church "for the perfecting of the saints." The word "perfecting" is katartizō, "to equip for service." These gifted men are to specialize in equipping the saints for "the work of the ministry," that is, for ministering work, in short, Christian service. This is in order that the Body of Christ, the. Church, might be built up, by additions to its membership in lost souls being saved, and by the building up of individual saints.

Translation: And He Himself gave some, on the one hand, as apostles, and on the other hand, as prophets, and still again some as bringers of good news, and finally, some as pastors who are also teachers, for the equipping of the saints for ministering work, with a view to the building up of the Body of Christ.
    Wuest Word Studies on the Greek NT
    Last edited by djnoyze; 06-28-2011 at 09:48 AM.
    No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means. --George Bernard Shaw

28. The Following User Says Thank You to djnoyze For This Useful Post:

BlackCalvinist (06-27-2011)

Thanks

Appreciate that Chris. Can you do me a favor and clean up the typos and give the page reference ? I usually refer to this (the Gville Sharp's rule) when folk bring up 'five fold ministry'. (Gville sharp constructions also appear at Titus 2 and 2 Peter 1:1.... where the NT calls Jesus GOD and Savior).

Thread Information