Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,503 Times in 2,800 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ras View Post
    so you're in favor of this?
    I'm in favor of any Gov't shutting down if they can't agree on budget. I'd rather them shut down during Obama's reign than continue spending.
    Now it's cool if Brothers Cross over/But wat's the point of crossing over if you don't take the CROSS OVER~ shai

2. The Following User Says Thank You to seal For This Useful Post:

Ras (04-08-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,645 Posts

It's easier to say when you're not working for them all the while still not getting paid timely. They still want our work done in a timely fashion, though.
    "He who hates, disguises it with his lips, and lays up deceit within himself; When he speaks kindly, do not believ him, for there are seven abominations in his heart." Proverbs 26

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Expositor For This Useful Post:

EBro (04-08-2011), GloMoGo (04-08-2011), jeyjey34 (04-08-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,128 Times in 3,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I'm in favor of any Gov't shutting down if they can't agree on budget. I'd rather them shut down during Obama's reign than continue spending.
    So you want Mike and others to not get paid and have to live off of what they have in savings?
    "Oh God, you are my God and I will ever praise you."

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

From what I understand, the two parties are suppose to be negotiating. The Dems have conceded somewhere, between 35-38 billion dollars in budget cuts. The Repubs want to include a defunding of planned parenthood and the epa. The Tea party want $100 billion in cuts and nothing less. This whole thing is a mess. When I see two people facing off, and one side has made concessions, while the other side stands pat, I blame the side thats not budging.
    Live life with no regrets. No more saying I should have or could have, just move on it. Be faithful in all you do and watch God work. Dreams are for sleepers, achievements are for the hard workers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ras View Post
    Republicans will tell you it's because the rich get the taxed the most. So they deserve tax breaks.
    I kind of feel for the rich people though. Why should they get taxed like crazy just because they make a lot of money?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to billratio For This Useful Post:

seal (04-08-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,072 Times in 628 Posts

yep, air force overseas in korea with a wife and kids in the states and no play money
    If it ain't about Jesus, it ain't about nothin! Catch me on Facebook tryna get LinkedIn, and Twitter too, ya boy might need a job soon!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to allday For This Useful Post:

jeyjey34 (04-08-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eve View Post
    glad to hear that, mike

* reason number 3,087 to have long- and short-term savings and not to live paycheck to paycheck.
    * reason number 4 million to have real skills: being "essential" is really important in the workforce and you're less likely to be let go without having several head-hunters at your door the very next day. if there are any reading this who have no profession and no skills, please remember this is the 21st century, y'all. the gap between the "knows" and the "know nots" is growing to the point that in just a few years there will be no place for skill-less folk. i say this in love, fam.
    Can you give some examples of what you mean by skills?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeyjey34 View Post
    So you want Mike and others to not get paid and have to live off of what they have in savings?
    No the real question is that your Gov't steals from me every two weeks to pay for things that has us in debt. Mike and everyone else are fully capable of getting new jobs. God is faithful to provide. Nobody cares about all the people out of work b/c the Gov't made legislation to raise corporate taxes and send jobs over seas now do they? Don't Pony this off of me.
    Now it's cool if Brothers Cross over/But wat's the point of crossing over if you don't take the CROSS OVER~ shai

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seal For This Useful Post:

Devin (04-08-2011), Dustin Medicus (Onesimus) (04-08-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,001 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billratio View Post
    I kind of feel for the rich people though. Why should they get taxed like crazy just because they make a lot of money?
    should there be disproportionate taxation?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eve View Post
    should there be disproportionate taxation?
    Yes, and there is, isn't there? People complain about it a lot but I don't know if they realize how much the rich are being taxed. The "poor" in this country don't really have to pay that much imo.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,001 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billratio View Post
    Can you give some examples of what you mean by skills?
    Good question.

The economy and world is changing, yet some people insist on living in the 20th century. Back in the 20th century, you might be able to survive with no real profession such as working as a factory laborer or as a waiter, or at the post office or as an unskilled construction worker. But in the 21st century there simply won't be a place for people without specialized skills that will pay a living wage.

All you have to do is look at the projections on the Bureau of Labor Statistics. I'm big on people doing what they're passionate about, but you also have to be practical. The areas that are projected to be the most necessary in the next decade or so are in the fields of healthcare, computer (and other types of) science, social services, and education, for example. Getting a bachelor's degree that won't teach you skills is near-worthless. So is dropping out of high school (parents sure have changed, 'cause I wouldn't have had a place to LIVE had I dropped out), or graduating just to work a random job where you don't have a piece of paper signifying your certification to do something.

So when choosing a career, make sure you get the necessary training to occupy those professions. You need to be marketable, you need to have skills relevant to our coming economy, and you have to be an expert at something relevant that not everyone has the talent for ... if you want to be more likely live a financially secure life where you can support your family, actually enjoy yourself, not have to think each and every day about how much you CAN'T afford, and end up like james evans. such professions include network administrators, computer programmers, software engineers (and all kinds of other engineers), architects, medical scientists, counselors, educators, REGISTERED nurses, health technologists, physician's assistants, biotechnology, learning high-level computer languages, etc.

In sum, you MUST have some sort of credential saying you "are" such and such ... not you "work at the store down the street that took one week of training." Get your teaching license, your degree in engineering, your auto technician certificate, your dental board certification, etc.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eve For This Useful Post:

billratio (04-08-2011), Dustin Medicus (Onesimus) (04-08-2011), GloMoGo (04-08-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,256 Times in 1,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    No the real question is that your Gov't steals from me every two weeks to pay for things that has us in debt. Mike and everyone else are fully capable of getting new jobs. God is faithful to provide. Nobody cares about all the people out of work b/c the Gov't made legislation to raise corporate taxes and send jobs over seas now do they? Don't Pony this off of me.
    Its also a shame that house and senate employees will still be getting paid.

Id rather government employyes do without for a couple weeks than for a budget plan to get improved that'll continue to bury this country in debt and harm future generations.sry mike and jey,y'all gotta take one for the team.lol
    For The Record....That is NOT me in the Avatar....

You gotta Shoot me! I'm NOT Buck Dancing! - Pastor Manning

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Devin For This Useful Post:

seal (04-08-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 787 Posts

Does anyone on here have a job where they will be affected if the government shuts down?
    My aunt and mother do. My uncle works a contract job with the federal govt. but I don't know if he will be effected. They've already started furloughing people at my aunt's job.
    In The Words Of Satan

"Soulja Boy ain't music. It's like garbage you can hear."---JT1031

21. The Following User Says Thank You to GloMoGo For This Useful Post:

jeyjey34 (04-08-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Expositor View Post
    It's easier to say when you're not working for them all the while still not getting paid timely. They still want our work done in a timely fashion, though.
    Thank you. I've heard a couple of people say, "Let it shut down then..." Don't understand this at all. REGULAR people are going to be effected by this. It's not a game.
    In The Words Of Satan

23. The Following User Says Thank You to GloMoGo For This Useful Post:

jeyjey34 (04-08-2011)

Thanks

If they have enough in savings to live off....my mother does and my uncle and aunt will be fine (savings and retirement), but there are others who will be in trouble.
    In The Words Of Satan

25. The Following User Says Thank You to GloMoGo For This Useful Post:

jeyjey34 (04-08-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GloMoGo View Post
    Thank you. I've heard a couple of people say, "Let it shut down then..." Don't understand this at all. REGULAR people are going to be effected by this. It's not a game.
    It's not just the government workers but the services that they use. Government workers not working means restaurants where they go for lunch, taxi cabs, hotels, etc will be affected because they're not getting any business. :/
    You have multiplied, O Lord my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them,
    yet they are more than can be told. Psalm 40:5

27. The Following User Says Thank You to thankfull For This Useful Post:

GloMoGo (04-08-2011)

Thanks

Yo,

Contrary to popular belief, the Gov't isn't needed to keep the economy stimulated. What happens when the Gov't stops doing something? Well a private industry picks up the slack b/c there is demand for the service. All of those people not getting work from the fed's will get work from the people. Or they can find another job because hopefully the Gov't will not burden it's people with higher taxes when they themselves are shut down.

One thing if for sure. The military isn't going any where ever. I think Rand Paul and the Tea Party are doing this country a great service. Cut spending and defund Plan Parent Hood. Best newz this decade.

Grace and Peace,
    seal

Thanks

Looks like they came to a deal that keeps the government running through Thursday...

30. The Following User Says Thank You to jeyjey34 For This Useful Post:

GloMoGo (04-09-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Expositor View Post
    They claim it's about the people, but it's about political power...on both sides. The elected officials receive support from special interest groups during campaigns and even during their terms in office and those groups and individuals expect real consideration when it comes to funding in return.
    Exactly and that's the thing.... We've had both Republicans AND Democrats in office and we still have all these problems.

So it makes me wonder when I hear people feeling SOO strongly about a particular candidate as if they will straighten out all the problems in the government.

What would John McCain be doing right now as president? What would Ron Paul be doing right now as president?

HCR Veterano
    Thanks

This makes republicans look bad.. I think Obama gonna get another four years.

Thread Information