Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,805 Times in 1,308 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jovanmackenzy View Post
    It amazes me how so many people on threads bash reformed theology or(calvinism) and say thats its not of God and its demonic and express how much they are disgusted with it. But yet these same people listen to Flame, Lecrae, Trip lee, shai linne, Katalyst and other reformed artist as well.
    As a person who doesn't hold to Calvinist dogma I have never heard one song by the artists you've listed. I didn't even know they are Calvinists. I just found out that Shai Line is a Calvinist by you mentioning it. I did ask my man Phoenix in an email if Shai was a Calvinist but homeboy never answered my email. I was wondering if Shai spits lyrics that have a Calvinist bent to them?
    Christian Swag: "Seated With Almighty God"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LUPE View Post
    As a person who doesn't hold to Calvinist dogma I have never heard one song by the artists you've listed. I didn't even know they are Calvinists. I just found out that Shai Line is a Calvinist by you mentioning it. I did ask my man Phoenix in an email if Shai was a Calvinist but homeboy never answered my email. I was wondering if Shai spits lyrics that have a Calvinist bent to them?
    what up lupe? how you doing brother? yes all the artists i mentioned are reformed.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jovanmackenzy For This Useful Post:

LUPE (08-16-2010)

Thanks

what up lupe? how you doing brother? yes all the artists i mentioned are reformed.
    Sup Homie? I'm just chillin' homeboy. Seriously bro I didn't know that those cats are Calvinists. Do they spit Calvinist dogma in they lyrics? Just wonderin'.

Thanks

What's even more interesting is how many non Calvinist have no clue they are singing Calvinist hymns in Church every Sunday.
    I donít deserve it, Iím worthless, but treated as perfect
    I sin more than I wanna, but my sins are a goner
    I was lost, but redeemed, then adopted and cleaned
    WhyMe? WhyMe? ~ Trip Lee

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhyMe For This Useful Post:

BlackCalvinist (08-17-2010), d.hyde (08-17-2010), jnorman888 (08-17-2010), PoLemiCs (08-17-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhyMe View Post
    What's even more interesting is how many non Calvinist have no clue they are singing Calvinist hymns in Church every Sunday.
    Those freakin' Calvinists they're everywhere! Even in the Church! lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LUPE For This Useful Post:

PoLemiCs (08-17-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 643 Posts

Sup Homie? I'm just chillin' homeboy. Seriously bro I didn't know that those cats are Calvinists. Do they spit Calvinist dogma in they lyrics? Just wonderin'.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ_jFO2VzRQ

Shai linne on limited Atonement
    Web Design Portfolio: http://www.derontavares.com/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to icuucme For This Useful Post:

LUPE (08-17-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by icuucme View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ_jFO2VzRQ

Shai linne on limited Atonement
    I didn't know homeboy was a Calvinist until today. I don't hold to Calvinist dogma and I'm scheduled to set up a merch table @ a concert he's doing in Phoenix in October...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 773 Posts

Most definitely.

That Atonement cd almost sounds like sermon by R.C. Sproul. lol
    Forward - March! Eyes - Rise!

To the Battlefield - He who wins souls is wise!

Del A Ray

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ROB For This Useful Post:

jnorman888 (08-17-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ROB View Post
    Most definitely.

That Atonement cd almost sounds like sermon by R.C. Sproul. lol
    thats a good thing. classic album full of sound doctrine.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jovanmackenzy For This Useful Post:

icuucme (08-18-2010), PoLemiCs (08-17-2010)

Thanks

Are you a Calvinist homeboy?

Thanks

Are you a Calvinist homeboy?
    I'm a christian that agrees fully with shai's doctrine on the album

Thanks

I'm a christian that agrees fully with shai's doctrine on the album
    So you're not a Calvinist?

Thanks

I've never studied calvin to call myself one. Now if your asking me do i agree with the doctrines of grace and the tulip and God's sovereignty then yes. But i dont believe it because i was taught by a man. I believe it because when i was in word of faith i studied the word and began to see error's in what i had been taught. then when i started talking to people they assumed i was a calvinist.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jovanmackenzy For This Useful Post:

icuucme (08-18-2010), PoLemiCs (08-17-2010), shekinahsmoke (08-17-2010)

Thanks

I've never studied calvin to call myself one. Now if your asking me do i agree with the doctrines of grace and the tulip and God's sovereignty then yes. But i dont believe it because i was taught by a man. I believe it because when i was in word of faith i studied the word and began to see error's in what i had been taught. then when i started talking to people they assumed i was a calvinist.
    That's a convoluted answer but I'll take it. Peace.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 773 Posts

I'm sure it's no secret to you how I feel about that doctrine.

I don't listen to the cd that much at all.

That doctrine gives those that adhere to it a demonic view of God. I mean that literally.

This doctrine causes people to believe that God authored sin because God is the ultimate cause of all things, yet it teaches that God can't be guilty of sin (even if He did cause the first sin) because He's God. I believe that's how a demon views God - "God made me sin and then He's punishing me for it? Why did I have to be made God's fall guy?"

Anyways, that's one thing I see that wrong with that belief system about God.
    Last edited by ROB; 08-17-2010 at 01:27 AM.
    Forward - March! Eyes - Rise!

To the Battlefield - He who wins souls is wise!

Del A Ray

The Piller & Foundation of Truth(1 Timothy 3:15)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,095 Times in 1,339 Posts

Some Calvinistic rappers are scared to admit they are Calvinists for fear that some people won't buy their albums because of it. Similar to how many Calvinists refuse to buy albums by Word of Faith rappers.

Personally I could care less if you are a Calvinistic rapper or a Word of Faith rapper. If I could listen to 5% rap and N.O.I. rap back in the day, then surely I can listen to Calvinist and W.O.F. hiphop now.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jnorman888 For This Useful Post:

David L (08-17-2010), Emayus (08-17-2010)

Thanks

You forgot to mention the Calvinists talking in your ear along the way in the process. Alot of us on HCR knew about your music back when you were down with Brinson.
    Last edited by jnorman888; 08-17-2010 at 03:27 AM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to jnorman888 For This Useful Post:

David L (08-17-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ROB View Post

I'm sure it's no secret to you how I feel about that doctrine.

I don't listen to the cd that much at all.

That doctrine gives those that adhere to it a demonic view of God. I mean that literally.

This doctrine causes people to believe that God authored sin because God is the ultimate cause of all things, yet it teaches that God can't be guilty of sin (even if He did cause the first sin) because He's God. I believe that's how a demon views God - "God made me sin and then He's punishing me for it? Why did I have to be made God's fall guy?"

Anyways, that's one thing I see that wrong with that belief system about God.
    I just thought this may be helpful to you brother Rob

1.Hyper-Calvinism: Beliefs: God is the author of sin and man has no responsibility before God. The Gospel should only preached to the elect. i.e. duty faith. and anti-missionary Belief in the five points is a prerequisite for true salvation, also known as Neo-Gnostic Calvinism. Proponents: Joseph Hussey John Skepp and some English primitive Baptists.

2.Ultra High Calvinism: Beliefs: That the elect are in some sense eternally justified. A denial of: The WellĖ Meant Offer; Common Grace; and God having any love for the non-elect. Proponents: John Gill, some ministers in the Protestant Reformed Church of America

3.High Calvinism: Beliefs: That God in no sense desires to save the reprobate, Most deny the Well-Meant Offer. Supralapsarian viewing Godís decrees. All hold to limited atonement. Most believe in particular grace and see the atonement as sufficient only for the elect. Proponents: Theodore Beza, Gordon Clark, Arthur Pink

4.Moderate Calvinism: Beliefs: That God does in some sense desires to save the reprobate, Infralapsarian in viewing Godís decrees. Affirms Common Grace. Proponents: John Calvin (some argue that he was a High-Calvinist), John Murray, RL Dabney

5.Low Calvinism: Beliefs: That Christ died for all in a legal sense, so one can speak of Christ dying for the non-elect. That God has two distinct wills. Affirms the Well-Meant Offer and Common Grace, Proponents: Amyraldrians , RT Kendal

6.Lutheranism: Beliefs: That Calvinist over emphasize God Sovereignty over manís responsibility. That Christ died for all in legal sense, that some are predestined on to life but none are predestined onto death. That the sacraments are means of grace regardless of oneís faith. Proponents: Martin Luther, Philipp Melanchthon, Rod Rosenbladt

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Trey.Dub For This Useful Post:

ROB (08-17-2010)

Thanks

I think this Lutheran summed it up pretty well:
    Theologica
    Quote:
    "Historically, Luther and the Lutherans retained as much of the Mass as they could, and sought as much continuity with the church of Rome as possible while still being Evangelical, and putting God's Word in the language of the people, encouraging congregational participation in the Mass/Divine Service. The idea is that over the centuries, the church of Rome had strayed off course, and Luther, Melanchthon and others sought to help re-direct it in the way of the Apostles and Church Fathers. Luther's Changes have been compared to putting a Band Aid on Rome's praxis. The number of Sacraments differ due to differing definitions of "Sacrament." Calvinism went further, often seeking to re-invent Christianity from the Apostolic blueprints, and the Anabaptists had a more radical reformation yet."
    The re-inventing Christianity from the pages of the Bible part is true. When one looks at the issue of Continuity then one will see that the non-Anglican Reformed are lacking heavily in that area.

One can also see this same flaw in the shattered descendants of the Puritans. It seems as if most of the newer groups want to re-invent Christianity. And each new group that tries keep looking and teaching different from the other new group that tries.

ICXC NIKA
    Last edited by jnorman888; 08-17-2010 at 07:35 AM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to jnorman888 For This Useful Post:

David L (08-17-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,230 Times in 3,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhyMe View Post
    Like Amazing Grace.
    STILL BLACK :: STILL REFORMED :: STILL AROUND
    (just not on HCR as much)
    http://blackcalvinist.com

32. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackCalvinist For This Useful Post:

jnorman888 (08-17-2010)

Thread Information