Widgets Magazine

Thread: My Dad

Thanks
    Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,645 Posts

Default My Dad

Hey Everyone,

A while ago, I asked for prayer concerning my father. My father isnít a believer, but thinks he is. Well, Iím still asking for prayer for his salvation, but my mother informed me this morning that his doctors believe he has prostate cancer. Please pray for my dad, and us too, as this has been a very sharp blow to me. The thought of my dad dying in his sin literally brings me to tears. Please pray that perhaps the Lord would be pleased to use this situation to bring my dad to Him.

Love you all.
    "He who hates, disguises it with his lips, and lays up deceit within himself; When he speaks kindly, do not believ him, for there are seven abominations in his heart." Proverbs 26

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The_Expositor For This Useful Post:

Estee (03-12-2009), eternal (03-21-2009), Gloria (03-29-2009), JARZJR (03-12-2009), Rikki (03-12-2009), smoke (03-12-2009), str8wisdom (03-12-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 673 Posts

I'll intercede with you bro.
    Hvnbnd= Heavenbound

Galatians 2:20

http://MyWordsAreHvnbnd.Tumblr.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,533 Times in 709 Posts

Praying for you and your dad, Mike.
    ďThanks to Planned Parenthood for all the work you....across this country. And also for men who have enough sense to realize that you are helping them all across the country.Ē -Barack Obama, July 2007

Thanks

praying...
    You have multiplied, O Lord my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them,
    yet they are more than can be told. Psalm 40:5

Thanks
    Thanked 2,804 Times in 1,724 Posts

got you
    ----------
    Please Help If You Have the Means:
    www.tainashope.org

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Expositor View Post
    Hey Everyone,

A while ago, I asked for prayer concerning my father. My father isnít a believer, but thinks he is. Well, Iím still asking for prayer for his salvation, but my mother informed me this morning that his doctors believe he has prostate cancer. Please pray for my dad, and us too, as this has been a very sharp blow to me. The thought of my dad dying in his sin literally brings me to tears. Please pray that perhaps the Lord would be pleased to use this situation to bring my dad to Him.

Love you all.
    I can relate brO. My dad is going today to get checked to see if he has prostate cancer and he's in the same boat as your dad, in regards to his belief, so I will keep you lifted.

J =]

Thanks

praying

HCR Veterano
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 464 Posts

praying
    God's glory alone!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,362 Times in 565 Posts

Hey Everyone,

Love you all.
    hey mike,

i know exactly how you feel. that is exactly how i felt when i found out that my mom had prostate cancer. i am praying for healing, and most of all for his salvation. i am also praying for you to stand firm on the rock during this trying time!

love ya bro!

Thanks

Praying fam!
    A dog barks when his master is attacked. I would be a coward if I saw that God's truth is attacked and yet would remain silent.
    ~John Calvin~

Thanks

i feel for you bro. i'll be prayin for your dad's salvation.
    If you do not listen to Theology, that will not mean that you
    have no ideas about God. It will mean that you have a lot of wrong ones. - C.S. Lewis

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by savedbygracealone View Post
    hey mike,

i know exactly how you feel. that is exactly how i felt when i found out that my mom had prostate cancer. i am praying for healing, and most of all for his salvation. i am also praying for you to stand firm on the rock during this trying time!

love ya bro!
    Thanks, sis. I don't think you meant to say your mom had prostate cancer, though. What kind of cancer did your mom have?
    "He who hates, disguises it with his lips, and lays up deceit within himself; When he speaks kindly, do not believ him, for there are seven abominations in his heart." Proverbs 26

Thanks
    Thanked 7,230 Times in 3,220 Posts

Mike, please forgive me for laughing at your sentence above to Jolene.

I'm praying for your dad. Pray for mine too. Same boat.....probably with one less oar.
    STILL BLACK :: STILL REFORMED :: STILL AROUND
    (just not on HCR as much)
    http://blackcalvinist.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,362 Times in 565 Posts

Thanks, sis. I don't think you meant to say your mom had prostate cancer, though. What kind of cancer did your mom have?
    oops you are right, i meant she had colon cancer!

Thanks

My dad went to the VA today for an appointment. The doctor said his PSA count is the lowest it's ever been, just a little over 6 and that there doesnt' appear to be any enlargement of the prostate. So, no cancer! I'm so very thankful to the Lord for this great news!

Thanks to all for your encouragement and prayers. Please continue to pray for his salvation which is most important to me.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The_Expositor For This Useful Post:

eternal (03-21-2009), FollowerOfChrist1 (03-23-2009), Gloria (03-29-2009), mgz (03-19-2009), Rikki (03-19-2009), savedbygracealone (03-19-2009), str8wisdom (03-19-2009)

Thanks

This is good news! I will continue to pray. Has this situation brought your dad to any questions concerning Jesus? -- Praying for that as well!
    A dog barks when his master is attacked. I would be a coward if I saw that God's truth is attacked and yet would remain silent.
    ~John Calvin~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by str8wisdom View Post
    This is good news! I will continue to pray. Has this situation brought your dad to any questions concerning Jesus? -- Praying for that as well!
    No, unfortunately. He thinks he knows Him already.

Thanks

Praise the Lord!
    You have multiplied, O Lord my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them,
    yet they are more than can be told. Psalm 40:5

Thanks
    Thanked 6,115 Times in 3,434 Posts

Praise God for the good reports. However, the greater healing has yet to be had. Praying for his salvation...

Some encouragement...My father grew up in a very abusive family in many ways. His father was a life long athiest/agnostic and very critical of Christianity, and my fathers commitment to it. My fathers whole family is split apart. Hardly anyone talks with anyone else, and my father was estranged from my Grandfather for years and years.

However, upon getting word that my Grandfather had terminal cancer, my dad flew up to see him in the hospital. He was very surprised to see my dad. They reconnected, cried for forgiveness, and my Dad was able to share the gospel with him...and my grandfather wept more and received Christ with my dad leading him in to the way.

It was amazing to hear my father tell the story. He visited him a couple more times before his passing, and continued to report such a great change in him.

My encouragement is that the fragileness of life often demonstrates the humility of life. The futility of seeing ourselves as our own god. I know your dad seems to think he already knows God, and I trust your report that he does not. But I have found that in mans ultimate weakness, we discover just how weak we are. Not always, but it does happen. And this is a prime opportunity for the truth of Christ to replace the false sense of self assurance.

I will be praying for your family.

Thanks

Praise God on the news of no prostate cancer. Will pray for his salvation

Thread Information