Widgets Magazine

View Poll Results: Should weaves be outlawed in the US

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    6 28.57%
  • Of course

    0 0%
  • Definitely

    2 9.52%
  • Repent, be born again, and turn from your hairdresser

    13 61.90%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 71
  1. #1
    HCR Veterano nar8ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.I. N.Y.
    Posts
    1,235
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 17 Times in 10 Posts

    Default Do you think weaves should be outlawed?

    I'm sick of them tricking me............lieing tongue is an abomination to the Lord !!!!! LOL


    Honesly I think they are a national health risk for the sister in the Lord.....Please help our sister over come their ponytail stronghold LOL


    Nar

  2. #2
    HCR Veterano mgz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,306
    Thanks
    1,043
    Thanked 948 Times in 593 Posts

    Default

    LOL!!!

    why brother's always hating on a weave what do y'all have against it?

    I have never known any man that approved of a weave, is it really that bad!?!

  3. #3
    HCR Ole' Head Ras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Detroit, Motown, Slum Village
    Posts
    26,041
    Thanks
    8,140
    Thanked 11,961 Times in 6,599 Posts

    Default

    Some weaves are ok. However, I hate the pony tail weave. How can the rest of your hair looked nappy but then you'll have a curly pony tail weave. I hate that. Just try to fool somebody.
    New Video:Proceed With Caution Blog
    Gemstones Review" "2 piece like Chris Childs did to Kobe / Catch me in the corner store, quarters for Shinobi"Action Bronson

  4. #4
    HCR Veterano elboogietheservant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the Spirit on the Lord's day!
    Posts
    1,321
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 720 Times in 362 Posts

    Default

    Hands down

    The funniest Thread title I have seen in my short HCR board life span!!!

    Bro....bro.......bro...

    --- *speechless and about to fall out laughing*
    "LORD- Spend Me like money in Your hands!!!" ~Tom Zukowski

  5. #5
    HCR Veterano apokalum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    H
    Posts
    4,928
    Thanks
    1,668
    Thanked 2,258 Times in 1,046 Posts

    Default

    I think if more then 4 horses suffered for your weave then you shouldn't be allowed to wear it.
    "Truths turn into dogmas the instant that they are disputed. Thus every man who utters a doubt defines a religion." -G.K. Chesterton

  6. #6
    HCR Veterano NiteLyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Superhero Training Camp, undisclosed location
    Posts
    1,329
    Thanks
    295
    Thanked 505 Times in 244 Posts

    Default

    WOW.

    Um, yeah...

    I don't have a problem with weaves, myself. I personally don't wear them (only wore a hairpiece once or twice way back when my hair was shorter and I was younger). I don't see what the problem is. Some of ya'll fellas' ancestors wore wigs too back in the day! Check out Egyptian history and you'll see what I mean, lol.

    But I do think that if someone is wearing a weave out of insecurity, they need to get things straight with that. Long and curly as opposed to shorter and more tightly curled is not the "right" kind of hair. African Americans were poisoned with this notion long ago (and still some today!) that white is right. But God created you how you are and He doesn't have a problem with you. He thinks it's beautiful. So if you wear a hairpiece, wig, weave, etc., check your motivation.
    Last edited by NiteLyte; 01-29-2008 at 07:02 PM.
    The Following 1,000,000 Users Say Thank You to NiteLyte For This Useful Post.
    Myspace:myspace.com/nitelyte
    My church:strongtowerbiblechurch.com

  7. #7
    HCR Ole' Head The_Expositor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    8,317
    Thanks
    2,412
    Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,645 Posts

    Default

    Yo, I'm on a break at school and so I logged in to see what's going on. I bust out laughing at this thread. My teacher asked me what was so funny but I can't tell her.......















    She's wearing a weave.
    "He who hates, disguises it with his lips, and lays up deceit within himself; When he speaks kindly, do not believ him, for there are seven abominations in his heart." Proverbs 26

  8. #8
    HCR Veterano thankfull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    3,775
    Thanks
    2,832
    Thanked 988 Times in 601 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nar8ta View Post
    I'm sick of them tricking me............lieing tongue is an abomination to the Lord !!!!! LOL


    Honesly I think they are a national health risk for the sister in the Lord.....Please help our sister over come their ponytail stronghold LOL


    Nar
    Well, didn't have much of a choice in the poll bruh! LOL I don't have a weave, but I used to rock ponytails. If I didn't have locs I would most definitely still rock the ponytails. Get over it man, sisters will continue to wear weaves...LOL
    You have multiplied, O Lord my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them,
    yet they are more than can be told. Psalm 40:5

  9. #9
    HCR Veterano DJ Links's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,409
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 916 Times in 379 Posts

    Default

    Bun fiyah pon all di hair weave dem!!!!!!

    FIYAH BUN!!!!
    “Christians are not patched-up sinners, they are new creations.”

    — Edwin Louis Cole

  10. #10
    Young Bol faith215's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 51 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thankfull View Post
    Well, didn't have much of a choice in the poll bruh! LOL I don't have a weave, but I used to rock ponytails. If I didn't have locs I would most definitely still rock the ponytails. Get over it man, sisters will continue to wear weaves...LOL
    Ummmm yeah I use to wear weave over my locs when I had them LOL.....weave cap tho so everyone just thought I cut my locs but it was kewl.

  11. #11
    HCR Veterano thankfull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    3,775
    Thanks
    2,832
    Thanked 988 Times in 601 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faith215 View Post
    Ummmm yeah I use to wear weave over my locs when I had them LOL.....weave cap tho so everyone just thought I cut my locs but it was kewl.
    I've heard of that being done before....I'll wear a wig before I wear a weave over my locs! LOL
    You have multiplied, O Lord my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them,
    yet they are more than can be told. Psalm 40:5

  12. #12
    Young Bol faith215's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 51 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thankfull View Post
    I've heard of that being done before....I'll wear a wig before I wear a weave over my locs! LOL
    Weave caps and wigs are basically the same, just like creating a wig specifically for your head and with my head size on top of long locs at the time it was ideal

  13. #13
    Young Bol MLiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Posts
    419
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    This thread is just unbeweavable. I can't beweave the things people are saying. I say we all join hands and sing that ol' negro spiritual "Weave in the Water"
    I stand with my back to sin like Trip Lee's album cover!!

  14. #14
    HCR Familia chngdwumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Hmmm, let's see.My natural hair is long. But if I feel like wearing a wig I will,lololol.

    Ok so let's make a deal no wiggs for the women and brothers gota pull up there pants-lol

    What ya'll think about that???

  15. #15
    HCR Veterano Brinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    DUVAL
    Posts
    3,188
    Thanks
    233
    Thanked 612 Times in 354 Posts

    Default

    ponytail strong hold


    I LOVE IT


    I can't wait till Nar8ta open his church
    New album "UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN" on iTunes

    https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/un...in/id991907564

  16. #16
    HCR Veterano mgz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,306
    Thanks
    1,043
    Thanked 948 Times in 593 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chngdwumn View Post
    Hmmm, let's see.My natural hair is long. But if I feel like wearing a wig I will,lololol.

    Ok so let's make a deal no wiggs for the women and brothers gota pull up there pants-lol

    What ya'll think about that???
    uh, ionknow sis...I don't think I can commit to that

  17. #17
    HCR Veterano Jason718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    3,477
    Thanks
    682
    Thanked 1,236 Times in 574 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NiteLyte View Post
    But I do think that if someone is wearing a weave out of insecurity, they need to get things straight with that. Long and curly as opposed to shorter and more tightly curled is not the "right" kind of hair. African Americans were poisoned with this notion long ago (and still some today!) that white is right. But God created you how you are and He doesn't have a problem with you. He thinks it's beautiful. So if you wear a hairpiece, wig, weave, etc., check your motivation.
    bad argument.

    When I think of exactly what this is and how to concisely state why it is wrong, i'll be back on this thread.
    need a bass line from a christian? holler@urboy!
    music
    video
    fb

  18. #18
    HCR Veterano clayfilms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    2,902
    Thanks
    710
    Thanked 1,362 Times in 646 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Links View Post
    Bun fiyah pon all di hair weave dem!!!!!!

    FIYAH BUN!!!!

    "fiyah bun"..how ironic when most cats afflicted by the weave demon in brooklyn..kill the "cogic weave bun"...LOL


    but yeah lee, i'm with my sister chngdwumn...

    i'll lead a "weave thou art loosed" women's conference in brooklyn if you lead a tristate "manIFEST pants that sit on your waist" men's conference...
    "It is the teaching of Scripture that the Lord enriches the liberal and leaves the miserly to find out that withholding tendeth to poverty." -Spurgeon

  19. #19
    HCR Ole' Head Devin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,713
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked 2,256 Times in 1,220 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason718 View Post
    bad argument.

    When I think of exactly what this is and how to concisely state why it is wrong, i'll be back on this thread.
    ROTFL

  20. #20
    HCR Veterano mgz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,306
    Thanks
    1,043
    Thanked 948 Times in 593 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason718 View Post
    bad argument.

    When I think of exactly what this is and how to concisely state why it is wrong, i'll be back on this thread.
    LOL!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by clayfilms View Post

    "fiyah bun"..how ironic when most cats afflicted by the weave demon in brooklyn..kill the "cogic weave bun"...LOL


    but yeah lee, i'm with my sister chngdwumn...

    i'll lead a "weave thou art loosed" women's conference in brooklyn if you lead a tristate "manIFEST pants that sit on your waist" men's conference...
    Don't do it sis, just leave the weave be! Let them have their saggy britches...we can't afford to lose our wea....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •