Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,230 Times in 3,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thakiddd View Post
    Um guyss.. the islamic messiah is the antichrist. Have tou studied the caracteristics of side by side of the islamic messiah and christianitys anti christ way too many similar things to just shrug off that idea
    folk said the same thing about a gazillion people in the past - from Hitler to Kissinger to Reagan to Obama.

The whole identify the anti-Christ obsession in modern American Christianity (because it's mainly only here that this happens) is a huge waste of time and resources.....

Even if you hold to dispensational premillennialism, consider this - if Christ comes back before the tribulation period and it could happen at any time, why are you wasting time trying to identify the antiChrist ? Is that what you were given instructions to do ?

No. You were told to make disciples from all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Spirit and teaching them to observe all things that were commanded by Jesus (Matthew 28:18-19). Jesus never said 'speculate about the antiChrist and it'll give you a clue as to when I'll return'.

Of course, I don't hold to dispensational theology anymore (sharply disproved by Hebrews 8-10, Romans 11 and Galatians 2 and 3), even though I'm still premill....so identifying the man of sin is not even on my radar. When he pops up....so ? Christ is God and Sovereign over all things. This joker will only last a little while and then be destroyed.
    STILL BLACK :: STILL REFORMED :: STILL AROUND
    (just not on HCR as much)
    http://blackcalvinist.com

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BlackCalvinist For This Useful Post:

Carryyocross (06-24-2011), Cassie516 (06-27-2011), Chuksxp (06-26-2011), Shock~Therapy (06-25-2011), simply seth (06-24-2011), TheKenster33 (06-24-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Expositor View Post
    I hope this preacher isn't just like Billy Graham.
    He was all good up until his older years right?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,001 Posts

all i know is if the next billy graham doesn't go asthmatic in the pulpit ... he can't preach

5. The Following User Says Thank You to eve For This Useful Post:

jnorman888 (06-25-2011)

The Piller & Foundation of Truth(1 Timothy 3:15)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,095 Times in 1,339 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eve View Post
    all i know is if the next billy graham doesn't go asthmatic in the pulpit ... he can't preach
    LOL! Yeah, I was raised in a black Baptist church too! You know, I read somewhere or heard that the huffing and puffing style of preaching came from white southern tent Revivals.

And so they were saying that we got it from that. Now I don't know if that's really true, but I heard it from somewhere.

Thanks

Rick Warren may be the top choice as far as popularity and his ties to political leaders goes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AudienceOfOne View Post
    He was all good up until his older years right?
    yeah I listened to some old Billy Graham on the net and it was great. Then I heard some stuff from the last few years and couldn't believe it was the same guy. Not meaning to be harsh, but I think old age has affected his mind.

Thread Information