Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 370
  1. #21
    HCR Veterano BondServant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    University of Missouri-Columbia(MIZZOU)
    Posts
    4,754
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 448 Times in 257 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conviction Music View Post
    Ok...doesnt like his memory of what he ate.....he was a sea faring guy and knew what albatross was....hmmmm....Does the albatross remind him of something close to him, family, a dog? Maybe his boat? Did he have a boat?
    I think you know this already, but yeah, it reminds him of something that has to do with a boat.
    Jesus asked them: "Who do you say I am?" They said: "You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground of our being, the ontological foundation of our selfhood revealed." Jesus replied: "Huh?"

  2. #22
    HCR Veterano Conviction Music's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,706
    Thanks
    210
    Thanked 207 Times in 106 Posts

    Default

    man you gotta give more info

  3. #23
    HCR Ole' Head eternal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    11,825
    Thanks
    3,686
    Thanked 6,115 Times in 3,434 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BondServant View Post
    I think you know this already, but yeah, it reminds him of something that has to do with a boat.
    Now I am confused. What does a boat have to do with anything?

  4. #24
    HCR Veterano Conviction Music's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,706
    Thanks
    210
    Thanked 207 Times in 106 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eternal View Post
    Now I am confused. What does a boat have to do with anything?
    right

  5. #25
    HCR Veterano BondServant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    University of Missouri-Columbia(MIZZOU)
    Posts
    4,754
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 448 Times in 257 Posts

    Default

    Conviction, you asked about the boat. It has something to do with the sea, albatross, and why he thought he ate it befofre.

    You guys already have a lot the info and I can't give away too much, without giving away the answer.
    Jesus asked them: "Who do you say I am?" They said: "You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground of our being, the ontological foundation of our selfhood revealed." Jesus replied: "Huh?"

  6. #26
    HCR Ole' Head eternal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    11,825
    Thanks
    3,686
    Thanked 6,115 Times in 3,434 Posts

    Default

    Did he run something over with the boat and eat it?

  7. #27
    HCR Veterano BondServant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    University of Missouri-Columbia(MIZZOU)
    Posts
    4,754
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 448 Times in 257 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eternal View Post
    Did he run something over with the boat and eat it?
    lol, naw. But the boat has something to do with his past, and what would lead to his eating of what he thought was albatross. Think about it, why would he eat it(other than he liked it, but it's clear that he didn't know what it was until the day in the restaurant) if he could just hop in his boat and get something better to eat?

    BTW, I tried to comment on your myspace but it didn't work.
    Jesus asked them: "Who do you say I am?" They said: "You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground of our being, the ontological foundation of our selfhood revealed." Jesus replied: "Huh?"

  8. #28
    HCR Veterano Conviction Music's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,706
    Thanks
    210
    Thanked 207 Times in 106 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BondServant View Post
    lol, naw. But the boat has something to do with his past, and what would lead to his eating of what he thought was albatross. Think about it, why would he eat it(other than he liked it, but it's clear that he didn't know what it was until the day in the restaurant) if he could just hop in his boat and get something better to eat?

    BTW, I tried to comment on your myspace but it didn't work.
    was he shipwrecked with no option to leave on his boat?

  9. #29
    HCR Veterano BondServant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    University of Missouri-Columbia(MIZZOU)
    Posts
    4,754
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 448 Times in 257 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conviction Music View Post
    was he shipwrecked with no option to leave on his boat?
    But he wasn't alone.
    Jesus asked them: "Who do you say I am?" They said: "You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground of our being, the ontological foundation of our selfhood revealed." Jesus replied: "Huh?"

  10. #30
    HCR Veterano Conviction Music's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,706
    Thanks
    210
    Thanked 207 Times in 106 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BondServant View Post
    But he wasn't alone.
    so aight check it...he ate albatross before only because he thought it was...if he was shipwrecked and he wasn't alone, then someone else could have given him the albatross which wasnt albatross, but actually something else. Was the something else a fish?

  11. #31
    HCR Veterano BondServant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    University of Missouri-Columbia(MIZZOU)
    Posts
    4,754
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 448 Times in 257 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conviction Music View Post
    so aight check it...he ate albatross before only because he thought it was...if he was shipwrecked and he wasn't alone, then someone else could have given him the albatross which wasnt albatross, but actually something else. Was the something else a fish?
    Why would he kill himself over fish?
    Jesus asked them: "Who do you say I am?" They said: "You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground of our being, the ontological foundation of our selfhood revealed." Jesus replied: "Huh?"

  12. #32
    HCR Veterano Conviction Music's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,706
    Thanks
    210
    Thanked 207 Times in 106 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BondServant View Post
    Why would he kill himself over fish?
    cuz hes retrarded

  13. #33
    HCR Veterano Jeffr0cks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    bay bay bay bay bay, CA
    Posts
    1,501
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 73 Times in 49 Posts

    Default

    He was in the Navy, and his ship wrecked. He and several crew members, including the chef were washed up on a deserted island. Here they survived, with the occaisional loss of a crew member, for a while, occaisionally eating what the chef called albatros (usually just after a crew members dissapearence).

    On tasting the albatros in the restaurant, the man realized that what they had survived on in the island was in fact the lost crew men. The guilt got to him, so he killed himself.

    OK I WIN!
    I'm on Facebook and Google+

  14. #34
    HCR Veterano Jeffr0cks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    bay bay bay bay bay, CA
    Posts
    1,501
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 73 Times in 49 Posts

    Default

    At the entrance to a members club stands a stranger seeking admission. A friend told him that it's easy to get in. You just have to answer a question correctly! Answering wrong, however, will result in being shot!

    To live a little longer, the man waits in a back alley near the entrance for people to go in. After a while a man comes to the entrance. The door warden asks him: "Twelve?" to which he replies "Six!" and goes in.

    "That's easy." our friend thinks, but he waits a little longer.

    Another man comes to the door. "Six?" the door warden asks, to which he replies "Three!" and goes in.

    "That's too good to be true" our friend thinks, and he was right. Because, when asked "Four?", he answered "Two!" and was found dead in the alley.

    What was the correct answer?
    I'm on Facebook and Google+

  15. #35
    HCR Veterano BondServant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    University of Missouri-Columbia(MIZZOU)
    Posts
    4,754
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 448 Times in 257 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffr0cks View Post
    He was in the Navy, and his ship wrecked. He and several crew members, including the chef were washed up on a deserted island. Here they survived, with the occaisional loss of a crew member, for a while, occaisionally eating what the chef called albatros (usually just after a crew members dissapearence).

    On tasting the albatros in the restaurant, the man realized that what they had survived on in the island was in fact the lost crew men. The guilt got to him, so he killed himself.

    OK I WIN!

    Did you already know?
    Jesus asked them: "Who do you say I am?" They said: "You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground of our being, the ontological foundation of our selfhood revealed." Jesus replied: "Huh?"

  16. #36
    HCR Veterano Jeffr0cks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    bay bay bay bay bay, CA
    Posts
    1,501
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 73 Times in 49 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BondServant View Post
    Did you already know?
    got frustrated and consulted with "a friend" who's good at this stuff
    I'm on Facebook and Google+

  17. #37
    HCR Veterano BondServant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    University of Missouri-Columbia(MIZZOU)
    Posts
    4,754
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 448 Times in 257 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffr0cks View Post
    At the entrance to a members club stands a stranger seeking admission. A friend told him that it's easy to get in. You just have to answer a question correctly! Answering wrong, however, will result in being shot!

    To live a little longer, the man waits in a back alley near the entrance for people to go in. After a while a man comes to the entrance. The door warden asks him: "Twelve?" to which he replies "Six!" and goes in.

    "That's easy." our friend thinks, but he waits a little longer.

    Another man comes to the door. "Six?" the door warden asks, to which he replies "Three!" and goes in.

    "That's too good to be true" our friend thinks, and he was right. Because, when asked "Four?", he answered "Two!" and was found dead in the alley.

    What was the correct answer?
    12
    Jesus asked them: "Who do you say I am?" They said: "You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground of our being, the ontological foundation of our selfhood revealed." Jesus replied: "Huh?"

  18. #38
    HCR Veterano BondServant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    University of Missouri-Columbia(MIZZOU)
    Posts
    4,754
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 448 Times in 257 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffr0cks View Post
    got frustrated and consulted with "a friend" who's good at this stuff
    Why is "friend" in quotations?
    Jesus asked them: "Who do you say I am?" They said: "You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground of our being, the ontological foundation of our selfhood revealed." Jesus replied: "Huh?"

  19. #39
    HCR Veterano Jeffr0cks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    bay bay bay bay bay, CA
    Posts
    1,501
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 73 Times in 49 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BondServant View Post
    12
    nope.. guess again.. and if you answer, explain why so I know you're not just taking a stab in the dark
    I'm on Facebook and Google+

  20. #40
    HCR Veterano Conviction Music's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,706
    Thanks
    210
    Thanked 207 Times in 106 Posts

    Default

    From your response, its almost as if it wasnt a fish....what else could it have been at sea...they got ship wrecked so it coulda been a person. Did dude eat a person because he was starving from being shipwrecked and somebody told him it was albatross? Then there was more than 2 people aboard that ship. If so dude must have really thought he ate albatross until he ate it for real,...that thought of him eating a person might have cause his suicide then if thats the case then the person he ate would been someone close to him. So dude ate a shipmate, he ate his friend and didnt know it and because of it he committed suicide.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •