Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HAHAHA!!! oh...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BondServant View Post
    Random, but did you ever get that John Owen book?
    yes, I did. I haven't had that much time to read it all in depth, but I did indeed get it! thanks for the advice, maybe during winter break from college I get into it. But between working full time, school, and church, I barely have time to sleep.

Thanks

maybe people just post too much. Just like in real life, people who talk a lot are usually the ones who get themselves into quarrels. Just like women..... hahaha j/k I have noticed the people who take breaks from the board are usually the ones who post a lot... like 15-20 posts a day on average.

Sunday hiatus would serve everyone well I think. /cosigned
    I'm on Facebook and Google+

Thanks

I don't think post counts have anything to do with it. I also don't think that just because you post Christian life stuff on here automatically means you're not all about living a Christian life either.

Neither one of these things addresses the real issue. The heart.

So whether it's one post a day, week, year, or 1000 posts a day, week, or year, it's a matter of the heart.

Also, whether you take a day like Sunday off, or a month, or year off, guess what, it will be the same. Cause we're people, and people do stupid stuff.
    Jesus asked them: "Who do you say I am?" They said: "You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground of our being, the ontological foundation of our selfhood revealed." Jesus replied: "Huh?"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lisajames96 View Post
    i used to make that lemonade fresh every morning at CFA back in '95 heyyyy!
    i was squeezing them lemons back in 94

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffr0cks View Post
    maybe people just post too much. Just like in real life, people who talk a lot are usually the ones who get themselves into quarrels. Just like women..... hahaha j/k I have noticed the people who take breaks from the board are usually the ones who post a lot... like 15-20 posts a day on average.

Sunday hiatus would serve everyone well I think. /cosigned
    Right from the start I would have liked to see the post counts not be displayed next to every post. I've seen it happen on so many other forums. When forums want to improve, they almost always have to eliminate that feature. The info is still available in the person's profile but it no longer becomes the perceived 'status symbol' and people stop spamming the forums with posts with no substance.

HCR Veterano
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,969 Times in 962 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by J Hoyt View Post
    Right from the start I would have liked to see the post counts not be displayed next to every post. I've seen it happen on so many other forums. When forums want to improve, they almost always have to eliminate that feature. The info is still available in the person's profile but it no longer becomes the perceived 'status symbol' and people stop spamming the forums with posts with no substance.
    J'accorde!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neeciu View Post
    J'accorde!
    Huh? Is that French?
    www.streamsofthought.com
    “We must love, live and defend the truth, not as those who are right, but as those who have been rescued”.--Joshua Harris

HCR Veterano
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,969 Times in 962 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TrueConvert View Post
    Huh? Is that French?
    Yes. No one here speaks French but me. Speaking/writing French helps keep me sane lest I won't be bilingual anymore.

Back to topic.

Thanks

am i missing out on that chick-fil-a? do they have a website? maybe it'll give me a reason to go to the other side of America? hahah.

back to the topic, ehhh bahala kayo!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,001 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CLER View Post
    am i missing out on that chick-fil-a? do they have a website? maybe it'll give me a reason to go to the other side of America? hahah.

back to the topic, ehhh bahala kayo!
    now i know a bit of french and have a slight ability in spanish.

but Filipino???

help us out here, claire! most of us know tagalog about as much as we know yiddish!

(just checked it out ... does it mean "it's up to you"?)
    Last edited by eve; 02-01-2007 at 12:07 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neeciu View Post
    Yes. No one here speaks French but me. Speaking/writing French helps keep me sane lest I won't be bilingual anymore.

Back to topic.
    Je parles francais aussi mon ami

If you want to close the board for a day, c'est la vie. But if you want it to be an instrument in which people will actively take that time to build, then those who are maturer in the faith need to walk with those who aren't so here and show them what it means to take a fellowshiping attitude from being online only, to one having an offline component.

Just shutting down the board and telling people to go away is akin to changing the color of a phone and marketing it as new - you are not addressing the people who use the product, only the product.

Suggestions:
    Those who can, get some local fellowhsips together.
    Meet at each other's places of worship once a month
    Those who are married/kids, organize a married people's retreat that lasts one day
    Those who are engaged, get with the married folks here for a Sunday dinner or conference call
    Call Vic and ask him and his family over for dinner
    Call Zealot and ask him and his family over for dinner
    Go promote the gospel at places like car washes, grocery stores and malls since 70% of people don't go to church and cannot see your faith thru those stained glass windows

I hope that helps someone.
    Items expressed within posts are my own and may not agree with HCR's other writers/poster, my employer(s) past or present, friends, or family | antoinerjwright.com | What is MMM? | I kill threads

Thread Information