Widgets Magazine
    Thanks

Default X3watch accountability software program

What Is X3watch?

X3watch is an accountability software program helping with online integrity. Whenever you browse the Internet and access a site which may contain questionable material, the program will save the site name on your computer in a hidden folder. A person of your choice (an accountability partner) will receive an email containing all possible questionable sites you may have visited within the month. This information is meant to encourage open and honest conversation between friends and help us all be more accountable.

F.A.Q.

1) How does the software protect my privacy?
    Privacy is very important to us. When you install the software, you will be prompted for a user ID. All email sent to your accountability partner regarding your monthly report will come from x3watch@x3watch.com. The text of the email will only mention your user ID. Try a name like "Guitarplayer" or something more generic, whatever suits your fancy.

2) What if I want to change my accountability partner?
    Easy as pie. Go to your taskbar and right-click on the [X] representing the x3watch software. You will see a small menu with "change email", click it and then you are able to delete, edit and add up to two addresses. If you change or delete an e-mail address, that partner will receive an e-mail indicating you have removed them from your list. Any new addresses will be sent a welcome letter explaining the x3watch accountability process.

3) Can't I just close the application and thereby stop it from checking my internet sites?
    Yes, but there is a catch. Every time you close the application, an entry will be written to your log file saying: "User manually closed the application on month/day/year." This notifies your accountability partner you have tried to circumvent the application. The application requires minor processing power and almost no RAM, so you can't say, "But it makes my system run so slow."

4) What are the system requirements for the software?
    Internet Explorer 4.0+
    Windows 95+ (including winXP)

5) How do I set up the software?
    Simple, download it from this site. Then run the setup.exe and follow the instructions. Just use default settings if you aren't sure what to do. When the setup process is complete, you will be prompted to enter your accountability partner(s) email address and your user ID. Reboot your PC and it's done.

6) I received an error relating to the x3watch software, why was I prompted to enter my email(s) and user ID again?
    Computers are not perfect and on rare occasions a file becomes corrupted and produces an error. If an error occurs relating to x3watch, run the uninstall program from c:/program files/x3watch and then re-install the software. Any old logs will remain on your system and the program should continue on its merry way.

If you are prompted to re-enter the email(s) and user ID, you may have deleted a file crucial to the software. Re-entering the information will remedy the problem.

7) This is a great program, can my church/organization/site distribute the software?
    X3watch was developed exclusively for and is owned by www.xxxchurch.com, therefore we request you do not distribute our software. It is provided for free for all who request it. If you wish, you may link to our main page at www.xxxchurch.com.

8) I need help with installation?
    Because this program is offered free of charge, we are not able to answer any technical support questions regarding the installation of x3watch or the actual software. We have tried to make it pretty simple so you should not have any problems.

9) What about Macs?
    There is a beta version (10.0b6) of the software availiable for Macs, here.

10) How can you guys give this software away for free?
    This is a question we are asking ourselves right now, but we are fully trusting God that he will provide the money for this ministry and allow this software to get on as many computers as possible. If we charged for the software, it would reach less people and give people an excuse why they do not need the software. Since it is free, there should be no excuses and every believer who wants help with this struggle should run x3watch on their computer.

11) Do you accept donations?
    XXXchurch gladly accepts donations and it is because of your generous gifts that keep this ministry alive and goes to support projects like x3watch. XXXchurch is a non-profit organization and all donations are 100% tax deductible. You can mail all donations to:

XXXchurch
    PO Box 78268
    Corona, Ca 92877
    Donate Online

12) Who created the software?
    Tiger Green Productions www.tigergreenproductions.com

13) I need more help?
    If you need more help or if you would like to post comments about the software please visit the X3watch forums.
    You know, we could all be reading a book right now.
    New Orleans Church Plant http://strochcc.org
    Free Music & Spoken Word Pieces
    http://reverbnation.com/noblevessel

Thanks

Default The free version doesnt work!!

A whole bunch of my friends and I dl the software and its been like 5 months now no report or anything?? It would be great if it worked!

Won!

Thanks

I don't use this software it's not as thorough as Covenant Eyes. I mean trust me this one isn't as good.

ctide

Quote Originally Posted by MoeMan View Post
    I don't use this software it's not as thorough as Covenant Eyes. I mean trust me this one isn't as good.
    share the wealth

ctide

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPae View Post
    A whole bunch of my friends and I dl the software and its been like 5 months now no report or anything?? It would be great if it worked!

Won!
    hmmm... i got 2 folks that got me as there accountability partner

i get there emails every month

Thanks

Covenant Eyes gives a report every week. Now it does cost 6.99 a month but heck it's worth it. I mean you can have more than 3 partners plus the reports are more detailed to the point that you can't hide anything it's creepy lol.

ctide

Quote Originally Posted by MoeMan View Post
    Covenant Eyes gives a report every week. Now it does cost 6.99 a month but heck it's worth it. I mean you can have more than 3 partners plus the reports are more detailed to the point that you can't hide anything it's creepy lol.
    no doubt, i find that the xwatch software reports are very vauge

also, if anyone is looking for a good filter (actually a perfect filter)

get "character link"

they screen every single page... everything is blocked until its screened... you gotta submit unviewed domains and they screen it within 24hrs

after a lil bit... most pages you go to are redundant, therefore alread submitted

its 100% secure

Thanks

anyone know a program that can filter out certain websites? I'd rather have my partner come over, put a password on it so I'm totally locked out. being a computer geek, i know of a way to block sites by editing a configuration file, but i would also know how to disable it. I need someone else to do the site blocking w/o my knowledge. i guess i'm too smart.. haha
    I'm on Facebook and Google+

ctide

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffr0cks View Post
    anyone know a program that can filter out certain websites? I'd rather have my partner come over, put a password on it so I'm totally locked out. being a computer geek, i know of a way to block sites by editing a configuration file, but i would also know how to disable it. I need someone else to do the site blocking w/o my knowledge. i guess i'm too smart.. haha
    check it

Quote Originally Posted by ctide
    if anyone is looking for a good filter (actually a perfect filter)

get "character link"

they screen every single page... everything is blocked until its screened... you gotta submit unviewed domains and they screen it within 24hrs

after a lil bit... most pages you go to are redundant, therefore alread submitted

its 100% secure

Thread Information