Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,230 Times in 3,220 Posts

Back in the house (been in about an hour). From the looks of things, it probably was a stroke. My mother mentioned to me that when she found my grandmother when she got back home, granny was trying to pull herself up with one arm and the other arm was just hanging limp.

*sigh*

Okay, I think I'm going to get some sleep. It's going to be a weird Christmas....

Thanks again for all the prayers and phone calls and text messages and the posts here. You guys seriously have helped.
    STILL BLACK :: STILL REFORMED :: STILL AROUND
    (just not on HCR as much)
    http://blackcalvinist.com

Thanks
    Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,001 Posts

still prayng, bro. thanks for the updates! God is real, bro, keep pressin' in prayer.

btw ... i know your paper will be off the charts!

Thanks

First time back on since last night and now just seeing your update. Thanks!!! Sent up some serious prayer for her last night. Prayed for full restoration internally and of all of her extremities and believe that it's gonna happen!!!

Links
    Last edited by DJ Links; 12-25-2006 at 09:14 AM.
    “Christians are not patched-up sinners, they are new creations.”

— Edwin Louis Cole

Thanks
    Thanked 1,362 Times in 646 Posts

Default ...

God is able! Praise the Lord for his faithfulness in ALL things.

Thankfully, Granny's saved. My mother is overzealous (meaning she's one of those people that will do a 'way of the master' on you and just walk up to you and ask you whether or not you're saved and start sharing the gospel with you), so granny's had the gospel handed to her daily.
    ayo...that hospital staff better watch out...walking all through dem halls on they shiiift, having no idea that blackcalvinist and momma black calvinist are up there at any moment capable of hitting them with a holy ghost 2 piece and a biscuit...LOL

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose."

MERRY CHRISTMAS BRO! I'm still praying..
    "It is the teaching of Scripture that the Lord enriches the liberal and leaves the miserly to find out that withholding tendeth to poverty." -Spurgeon

Thanks

praying for you and grandma
    You have multiplied, O Lord my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them,
    yet they are more than can be told. Psalm 40:5

Thanks

Hope that all goes well with your Grandma. I'll lift her up. Sorry to hear about what happened but I'm happy to hear that she's on fire for Christ! Praise God. :o Have a blessd Christmas Kerry. God Bless,

J =]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCalvinist View Post
    Thankfully, Granny's saved. My mother is overzealous (meaning she's one of those people that will do a 'way of the master' on you and just walk up to you and ask you whether or not you're saved and start sharing the gospel with you), so granny's had the gospel handed to her daily.

Keep my family in prayer. It's weird saying 'Merry Christmas' to the hospital folk.
    Thats a blessing to have a saved family, still praying for you all, that all will be well

Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,023 Posts

May God be praised for His faithfulness. Kerry, you and your family are in my prayers. I hope all goes well with your paper as well. If you just need someone to talk to (or vent to) you know how to reach me.

Bless you
    Album is *NOW* available! Go Visit www.Christionmuzik.com to buy/listen or email (web design courtesy of Rodney Solomon)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clayfilms View Post
    God is able! Praise the Lord for his faithfulness in ALL things.

ayo...that hospital staff better watch out...walking all through dem halls on they shiiift, having no idea that blackcalvinist and momma black calvinist are up there at any moment capable of hitting them with a holy ghost 2 piece and a biscuit...LOL

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose."

MERRY CHRISTMAS BRO! I'm still praying..

wow, if you didn't pull that right outta my brain

and BC! glory to God for all things!! praying that your grandmother is strengthened in her body and spirit, that your mother, yourself and rest of the immediate fam is given peace and that the Lord will use this time of vulnerability to make Himself known to them!

love in Christ
    Misha and DeJuan

Thanks

I've been praying for you and your fam since this morning, thanks for the updates Kerry. I pray that in the midst of all that is going on, the grace and peace of God will rest in your household and that the Comforter will continue to keep you and your family. I'm also thanking God for giving you the strength and knowledge to get that paper done! Much love fam.

Thanks

Back in the house (been in about an hour). From the looks of things, it probably was a stroke. My mother mentioned to me that when she found my grandmother when she got back home, granny was trying to pull herself up with one arm and the other arm was just hanging limp.

*sigh*

Okay, I think I'm going to get some sleep. It's going to be a weird Christmas....

Thanks again for all the prayers and phone calls and text messages and the posts here. You guys seriously have helped.
    Ah, caught this one late. But you're In my prayers bro. Shalom to you and your whole family.

Ely

Thanks

From my latest blog entry:

Granny's asleep right now.

She'd been sedated most of the day and they've been giving her medicine for stroke and a seizure that was triggered by the stroke (or was it a stroke that was triggered by the seizure ?). She got up and requested some water, but they have to keep her 'empty' for the most part until tomorrow when they do the MRI and EEG scans. Meanwhile, they're keeping her hydrated and fed via IV.

THANK YOU from both myself and my mother for all of the posts on message boards, prayer, text messages, voice messages and support. We're not out of the woods on Granny yet, so just keep her in your prayers. She's 83 and her health has been gradually getting worse over the past 7-8 years or so. And all of the 'major' illnesses always seem to come around Christmas. She may also be having a recurring episode of pneumonia.

I am tired. (physically)

I got my paper done last night, thanks to the hospital's wireless network, so praise God I am done with EDU 520. I think EDU 521 starts next week. Probably overall some of my best work - ever. Unfortunately, the sheer amount of energy it took to stay focused and get my paper done and handle everything else as of late has drained me. It took me 3 hours to put on socks today and I never made it out of the house (I got up around noon, got in the house around 3:30-4:00 am after dropping mom home) to go see my niece, brother or my father.

Thanks

Always keeping you lifted.
    "Descartes was in a diner. The waitress asked him if he wanted any coffee. He replied, "I think not." He immediately disappeared."

www.facebook.com/desertwoman

www.myspace.com/desertwoman

Thanks
    Thanked 2,804 Times in 1,724 Posts

yo fam. sorry to hear that. I'll keep her in prayer.
    ----------
    Please Help If You Have the Means:
    www.tainashope.org

Thanks

Just got the message, praying bro
    Items expressed within posts are my own and may not agree with HCR's other writers/poster, my employer(s) past or present, friends, or family | antoinerjwright.com | What is MMM? | I kill threads

Thanks

I'm a little late, but praying nonetheless.

Thanks

Default Momentary break in my hiatus....

Quick update for everyone.

My grandmother was moved to a rehab facility around early January. She's been semi-okay there and was making some recovery.

I pretty much told my mother that the stroke was the start of the countdown.

Two days ago, my mother had to have them rush my grandmother to the hospital because of a very VERY bad UTI.

When she got to the hospital, her pulse was 170. After a few things they had to do (I'm not going to be graphic), they put her on some medication and brought her pulse down to 109. They're still trying to get her below 100.

She's been shaky over the past few days.

Well, they just called my mother (5 min ago) and told her that my grandmother's not breathing as well, so she has an oxygen mask on her now and blood thinners.

My grandmother taught me Psalm 23. I still have it memorized to this day because of her.

So prayers for my mother's strength as well as mine and that my grandmother's death would SHAKE UP MY UNCLES enough for them to realize their need for salvation.

I'm already thinking that I'll be the one doing my grandmother's eulogy....since I'm the default 'preacher' in the family.

You all know the drill if you've lost someone nearby.

Soli Deo Gloria,
    K. Joel Gilliard

Thanks
    Thanked 1,099 Times in 517 Posts

will keep your family in prayer

lj.
    Where Hip-Hop Meets Scripture - http://devos.hiphop
    Bi-weekly hip-hop devotions & podcast

Thanks

Quick update for everyone.

My grandmother was moved to a rehab facility around early January. She's been semi-okay there and was making some recovery.

I pretty much told my mother that the stroke was the start of the countdown.

Two days ago, my mother had to have them rush my grandmother to the hospital because of a very VERY bad UTI.

When she got to the hospital, her pulse was 170. After a few things they had to do (I'm not going to be graphic), they put her on some medication and brought her pulse down to 109. They're still trying to get her below 100.

She's been shaky over the past few days.

Well, they just called my mother (5 min ago) and told her that my grandmother's not breathing as well, so she has an oxygen mask on her now and blood thinners.

My grandmother taught me Psalm 23. I still have it memorized to this day because of her.

So prayers for my mother's strength as well as mine and that my grandmother's death would SHAKE UP MY UNCLES enough for them to realize their need for salvation.

I'm already thinking that I'll be the one doing my grandmother's eulogy....since I'm the default 'preacher' in the family.

You all know the drill if you've lost someone nearby.

Soli Deo Gloria,
    K. Joel Gilliard
    Yo I'm praying for you man, if you need to call me!
    As believers the only reason we should speak the language of the culture is so we can help the culture begin to speak the language of God
    www.dremarshall.com

Thanks

Praying fam

Thread Information