Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1. #1
    HCR Veterano dogfight!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,748
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 120 Times in 76 Posts

    Default Forcing meat down a baby's throat...

    now that just doesnt make sense. You could choke that kid!
    "Thinking the worst of people, even of the worst of people, doesnt make us any better."
    Tope Usanga

  2. #2
    HCR Veterano dremarshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft. Laud, FL
    Posts
    3,516
    Thanks
    614
    Thanked 623 Times in 280 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfight! View Post
    now that just doesnt make sense. You could choke that kid!
    I know right! Chew it up 1st!
    As believers the only reason we should speak the language of the culture is so we can help the culture begin to speak the language of God
    www.dremarshall.com

  3. #3
    Young Bol Nahledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    447
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 74 Times in 33 Posts

    Default

    Yeah that's crazy. Solid food is for the mature.

  4. #4
    HCR Veterano dogfight!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,748
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 120 Times in 76 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dremarshall View Post
    I know right! Chew it up 1st!
    Or better yet, some

    Last edited by dogfight!; 12-05-2006 at 05:16 PM.
    "Thinking the worst of people, even of the worst of people, doesnt make us any better."
    Tope Usanga

  5. #5
    HCR Veterano Psalmist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    1,802
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked 198 Times in 117 Posts

    Default

    you'll are hilarious....but it is the truth....but there are very FEW mature Christians in the church buildings, let alone on this board
    New Album: http://www.mcpsalmist.com
    Honest HHH Reviews: http://www.gospelrapfan.com
    $10 Beat Leases: http://www.3-fifths.com
    FNF Mixtape (Free DL): http://www.fnfmixtape.com

  6. #6
    HCR Veterano dogfight!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,748
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 120 Times in 76 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psalmist View Post
    you'll are hilarious....but it is the truth....but there are very FEW mature Christians in the church buildings, let alone on this board
    Hmmm, so why are we trying to stick a pork chop down their throats?
    "Thinking the worst of people, even of the worst of people, doesnt make us any better."
    Tope Usanga

  7. #7
    ctide
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psalmist View Post
    you'll are hilarious....but it is the truth....but there are very FEW mature Christians in the church buildings, let alone on this board
    i would say, there are many mature christians on this board

    everyone is growing, NOBODY has arrived... but there are solid brothers and sisters on this board, even though they aint perfect, they are good famz

  8. #8
    HCR Veterano Shock~Therapy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,406
    Thanks
    591
    Thanked 777 Times in 337 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctide View Post
    i would say, there are many mature christians on this board
    What do you base that on? Talk and speech mean little. Lifestyle means everything. I cannot tell whether someone is a mature christian based simply on their responses on this board but I can tell whether they are immature. A person can know every scripture verse and be a master theologian but still live a depraved lifestyle. So, I ask you again, how do you know there are many mature christians on this board? Have you personally witnessed their walk with Christ beyond what they are typing on a message board?

  9. #9
    ctide
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shock~Therapy View Post
    What do you base that on? Talk and speech mean little. Lifestyle means everything. I cannot tell whether someone is a mature christian based simply on their responses on this board but I can tell whether they are immature. A person can know every scripture verse and be a master theologian but still live a depraved lifestyle. So, I ask you again, how do you know there are many mature christians on this board? Have you personally witnessed their walk with Christ beyond what they are typing on a message board?
    yes, i have

    i have seen how people respond to conflict, and have seen how people respond to attack

  10. #10
    HCR Veterano Shock~Therapy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,406
    Thanks
    591
    Thanked 777 Times in 337 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctide View Post
    yes, i have

    i have seen how people respond to conflict, and have seen how people respond to attack
    Yes. That is how I can tell if someone is immature, but speech alone is not enough for me to gauge whether someone is mature. Only those who lifestyle I've personally witnessed outside of this message board are the only ones I can say with confidence whether they are mature christians or not.

  11. #11
    ctide
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shock~Therapy View Post
    Yes. That is how I can tell if someone is immature, but speech alone is not enough for me to gauge whether someone is mature. Only those who lifestyle I've personally witnessed outside of this message board are the only ones I can say with confidence whether they are mature christians or not.
    no doubt brother... please permit me to give ya a "for instance"

    if i go off and call you a jerk and say you dont know anything, nobody likes you, blah blah bahl


    if you respond with kindness and are humble... that is evidence that you are mature (at least in that area of your life)

    i have seen folks, Azriel is a perfect example, who have been accused of things and mocked & yet they always ALWAYS respond with love and humility.

    I can say with as much confidence as i would about my own brother, Azriel is a mature christian. So is Gstyles, savedbygrace, quietstorm... ect

    Not only that, I have know the 3 mentioned for years and have seen them mature alot.

  12. #12
    HCR Veterano Shock~Therapy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,406
    Thanks
    591
    Thanked 777 Times in 337 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctide View Post
    no doubt brother... please permit me to give ya a "for instance"

    if i go off and call you a jerk and say you dont know anything, nobody likes you, blah blah bahl


    if you respond with kindness and are humble... that is evidence that you are mature (at least in that area of your life)

    i have seen folks, Azriel is a perfect example, who have been accused of things and mocked & yet they always ALWAYS respond with love and humility.

    I can say with as much confidence as i would about my own brother, Azriel is a mature christian. So is Gstyles, savedbygrace, quietstorm... ect

    Not only that, I have know the 3 mentioned for years and have seen them mature alot.
    Yes I completely agree, it does give evidence hinting towards maturity but it is not enough to go simply on that. I've seen some backwards stuff before. I've seen people put on a display of mock kindness and gentleness when they are among other people but when you look at their personal lifestyle and their family, you will see the exact opposite. I am not saying that your belief that they are mature is unfounded by any means. What I am saying is that someone's personal walk and witness means more than any amount of words that they use.

  13. #13
    ctide
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shock~Therapy View Post
    Yes I completely agree, it does give evidence hinting towards maturity but it is not enough to go simply on that. I've seen some backwards stuff before. I've seen people put on a display of mock kindness and gentleness when they are among other people but when you look at their personal lifestyle and their family, you will see the exact opposite. I am not saying that your belief that they are mature is unfounded by any means. What I am saying is that someone's personal walk and witness means more than any amount of words that they use.
    again, i agree with you

    but of course people can be fooled by their own spouce & kids, should we never call anyone mature?

    you cool homie, i think of you as a mature believer as far as i can tell

    so based on what i see on the message boards, we got many mature christians & we also got our share of youngings and foolish folks also

    but thats life

  14. #14
    HCR Ole' Head BlackCalvinist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In Front of My Bible and My Computer....
    Posts
    13,799
    Thanks
    7,733
    Thanked 7,230 Times in 3,220 Posts

    Default

    There's a difference in being a babe and being childish, though. Some people shake their bottles in your face and refuse to grow or want any parts of growth and use 'babe' as an excuse for immaturity.

    God doesn't save people for them to remain spiritual babes. So if you've been (supposedly) walking with the Lord for several years, you shouldn't be complaining about solid food.......
    STILL BLACK :: STILL REFORMED :: STILL AROUND
    (just not on HCR as much)
    http://blackcalvinist.com

  15. #15
    ctide
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCalvinist View Post
    Some people shake their bottles in your face and refuse to grow
    well said

  16. #16
    HCR Veterano dogfight!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,748
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 120 Times in 76 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctide View Post
    well said
    and there are those who shake their drumsticks in front of babies and don't give them time to grow.
    "Thinking the worst of people, even of the worst of people, doesnt make us any better."
    Tope Usanga

  17. #17
    HCR Veterano Shock~Therapy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,406
    Thanks
    591
    Thanked 777 Times in 337 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfight! View Post
    and there are those who shake their drumsticks in front of babies and don't give them time to grow.
    yup that is true as well. This brings up an interesting point, should we take the view that after a certain number of years of being saved that someone should be ready for meat? Don't well all grow at different rates? Some of us have gone through life circumstances that have given us the opportunity to grow in Christ much more rapidly by how we responded to those circumstances. Others have fewer of those experiences.

  18. #18
    HCR Ole' Head Deadmanwalking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rochester New York/ or you can call it roc city for short!!
    Posts
    6,612
    Thanks
    3,496
    Thanked 3,797 Times in 1,834 Posts

    Default

    Look I'm inclined to give my opinion. But doesn't anyone notice that when opinions are brought up we all run around in circles?

    Every Christian does grow @ a different rate. So how do we know when it's time to give more solid food? Let the Spirit near witness. Honestly, we're all full of him but it seems we'd rather talk amongst ourselves to find solutions rather than just listen to the Lord. You know a tree by its fruit. Likewise you'll know when a person is ready by the maturity they show. And while in some cases the responses on this board are indicative of maturity, the sneaky thing about online communities is that anyone can masquerade as someone they're not (and that does include expressions of false humility).

    In the end, I'm just saying that we're trying a little too hard to figure things out on our own and listening to ourselves way more than we're listening to the simple and practical wisdom that the Holy Spirit is trying to whisper to us. Slow to speak, quick to hear. Seriously. For real.
    Pick up that new Cram Session (7) featuring Sev Statik, Theory Hazit, Wonder Brown, Nomis, Antioch Alumni, myself and some new blood that you haven't heard yet. http://antiochalumni.bandcamp.com/releases

    I'm a secular rapper who raps Christian.

  19. #19
    HCR Familia 4Sight Sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Getting stoned to death with foam rocks
    Posts
    878
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 65 Times in 36 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfight! View Post
    and there are those who shake their drumsticks in front of babies and don't give them time to grow.
    I see your point.

    But you got to be careful. If you keep the Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29 on the lower shelf, you'll be raising kids all the time.

    Matt. 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
    IMHO, it seems that there is far more formula bottles than barbaque being served up ....so many have been conditioned to engage the "heart and soul" only.
    www.myspace.com/4sightsounds

  20. #20
    HCR Veterano dogfight!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,748
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 120 Times in 76 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Sight Sounds View Post
    I see your point.

    But you got to be careful. If you keep the Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29 on the lower shelf, you'll be raising kids all the time.



    IMHO, it seems that there is far more formula bottles than barbaque being served up ....so many have been conditioned to engage the "heart and soul" only.
    Yeah, but it happens on both fronts. I see more of people trying to teach Calculus 3 before pre-algebra is being taught. Its like an unbeliever trying to understand Timothy Brindle after he's been listening to Dem Franchise Boys. Not to say God couldnt use the music in this sense but more often than not they need to start off with milk. Not watered-down but the basics of our faith. Like you posted, Love God with all.

    I've seen many self-proclaimed theologians totally skipped the milk and the basic foundations of their faith and it reeks Its like a tall building that looks tight, but w/no solid foundation. Hurricane Rita comes in and the building is no more.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Peter 1
    5For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. 8For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.
    "Thinking the worst of people, even of the worst of people, doesnt make us any better."
    Tope Usanga

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •