Widgets Magazine
    Thanks

Default What's your prayer life like??

Learning from the prayers of Paul... It would benefit us much to go through these prayers and see if our motives of praying align with the Word of God.
    While most of us spend much time praying for external or physical needs of people (which isn't a BAD thing...) the most emphasis or even sole emphasis of our prayer life should be dedicated to the spiritual needs of those whom we know, including ourselves.

Here are the prayers of Paul...let's see if our prayer life comes close in praying effectively for the spirituality of those on our prayer lists.

[this list was taken from D.A. Carson's book "A Call To Spiritual Reformation", excellent book by the way!]

Romans 1:8-10
    Romans 10:1
    Romans 12:12
    Romans 15:5-6
    Romans 15:13
    Romans 15:30-33
    I Cor 1:4-9
    I Cor 16:23
    II Cor 1:3-7
    II Cor2:14-16
    II Cor 9:12-15
    II Cor 12:7-9
    II Cor 13:7-9
    Gal 6:18
    Eph 1:3
    Eph 1:15-23
    Eph 3:14-21
    Eph 6:19-20
    Phil 1:3-6
    Phil 1:9-11
    Phil 4:6-7
    Phil 4:23
    Col 1:3-14
    Col 4:2-4
    I Thess 2:13-16
    I Thess 3:9-13
    I Thess 5:23-24
    I Thess 5:28
    II Thess 1:3
    II Thess 1:11-12
    II Thess 2:16-17
    II Thess3:2-5
    II Thess 3:16
    I Tim 1:12
    I Tim 2:1
    II Tim 1:3-7
    II Tim 1:16-18
    II Tim 4:22
    Titus 3:15b
    Philem 4-7
    Philem 25

I know, I know it's quite a list, but even if you select only a few and let's say read 3 different prayers of his a day it would do us good to see if it changes our perspective at all on the focus of our prayers.

Grace and Peace Fam
    (hmmmm, that sounds familiar...taken from many of Paul's prayers... G&P)
    Last edited by Single Eye; 10-22-2006 at 08:30 PM.

Thanks

Thank you for this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSermonz
    Thank you for this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You are welcome!!!

Thanks

have to check later my prayer life is ok, but i need to spend more quiet time than i do

Thanks

It always could be better. I never want to get to the point where I feel that my prayer life is as good as it's going to get, because then I will become complacent. And in turn I will no longer grow, and anything that doesn't grow is dead. So, yes, thank you for the post.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,023 Posts

<----tried to get the MEN of HCR to pray together, but it didn't catch on

Thanks
    Thanked 6,115 Times in 3,434 Posts

Terrific post. Thanks for sharing that compilation of prayers. It is helpful to be reminded of our focus and the passion of Christ that He desires for us all to carry in our walk with Him.

Thanks

mine is a around the clock thing.... That is the life line

My prayer life means so much to me that i know God is listening talking back moving things setting things up loving on me thur the time we spend together.

It is perfect moments to sum it all up.

My Prayer life is a place i tell myself i have to remain in the secret place. A place where I get the answers before the problem hits. I get inside reports from the master so ...........

So it is my prize possesion............. I'm always praying and wanting to pray and encouraging people to pray. Or calling somebody to pray for them pray is the place to be for a man of God like me.

I didn't do alot of praying with the Men of HCR because i believe that i'm better one on one with people and with the Lord ...... I don't want to do anyone a injustice or myself.
    New album "UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN" on iTunes

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/un...in/id991907564

Thanks

A Prayer of Paul's to grow by:

Phillipians 1:9-11

And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in real knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve the things that are excellent, in order to be sincere and blameless until the day of Christ; having been filled with the fruit of righteousness which comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

WOW, what a prayer...what strikes me is the "so that you may approve the things that are excellent.." part. What if we were able to abound in love in real knowledge and all discernment for the sake of approving and living in the most excellent things in life...if we were able to understand and be fully convinced of the most excellent things, would we be so quick to settle for the mediocre? Could a prayer like this potentially change the life of an individual?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Single Eye
    A Prayer of Paul's to grow by:

Phillipians 1:9-11

And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in real knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve the things that are excellent, in order to be sincere and blameless until the day of Christ; having been filled with the fruit of righteousness which comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

WOW, what a prayer...what strikes me is the "so that you may approve the things that are excellent.." part. What if we were able to abound in love in real knowledge and all discernment for the sake of approving and living in the most excellent things in life...if we were able to understand and be fully convinced of the most excellent things, would we be so quick to settle for the mediocre? Could a prayer like this potentially change the life of an individual?
    It will if you keep praying it for me, lovey!!
    Ya'll stop hatin~
    www.streamsofthought.com
    “We must love, live and defend the truth, not as those who are right, but as those who have been rescued”.--Joshua Harris

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Single Eye
    ...let's see if our prayer life comes close in praying effectively for the spirituality of those on our prayer lists.
    we don't even come close. I need to read those verses tomorrow(leaving work soon). James and I pray together in the morning before he goes to work. But it's tiring sometimes cause it's usually around 5am.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TrueConvert
    It will if you keep praying it for me, lovey!!
    Ya'll stop hatin~
    Not specifically in response to your post love, but I definately want to clarify.....in speaking of the MOST EXCELLENT THINGS..I'm in no way refering to (nor is the scripture itself referring to) material possessions. Although, living in comfort is enjoyed, in no way do I view THINGS as being described here as material possessions, but rather spiritual growth and maturity as the things we are to attain...the likeness of Christ....the fruit of righteousness...holiness....purification....etc. THESE things are the most excellent of all and those we are to press towards and reach for!
    Last edited by Single Eye; 10-23-2006 at 03:28 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lisajames96
    we don't even come close. I need to read those verses tomorrow(leaving work soon). James and I pray together in the morning before he goes to work. But it's tiring sometimes cause it's usually around 5am.
    That's good though...I'm trying to become an early riser myself...my problem lies in getting to sleep at a decent hour. Really, no excuse is good enough for not starting my day off without expressing appreciation to the Lord and for His seeing fit to give me breathe yet another day. However, my prayer is that since I have recognized this as an "excellent thing", the Lord will grant me the grace to rise early and give Him the firstfruits of my day.

Young Bol
    Thanks

Noted so I can come back and check these refrences for prayer.

Thread Information