Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,362 Times in 646 Posts

Default the NEW WITNESS/EVANGELISM thread (share ur stories)

grace & peace saints....the purpose of this thread is for us to share our experiences that we've had sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with unbelievers and any tips and thinsg that god has shown us about evangelism...so that we can build up and edify one another...

i got 2 things..the 1st is this HILARIOUS VIDEO called the "Evangelism Linebacker"

http://www.sermonspice.com/videos/72...elism-linebac/

...the 2nd is a quote from R.A. Torrey about evangelism

"..the Spirit works in the world through the believers to whom He is sent. If we as believers realized the utter dependence of the world upon us for the Spirit's gracious work, would we not be more careful to see that the Spirit found in us an unobstructed channel? How slowly the world comes to know Jesus because of the unfaithfulness of the church."
    "It is the teaching of Scripture that the Lord enriches the liberal and leaves the miserly to find out that withholding tendeth to poverty." -Spurgeon

HCR Veterano
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 464 Posts

Yes yes ya'll...and for all the newcomers to HCR come on and share your witnessing encounters/advice and/or learn from others as we build each other up to fulfill the great comission!
    God's glory alone!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,636 Times in 1,895 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by clayfilms

i got 2 things..the 1st is this HILARIOUS VIDEO called the "Evangelism Linebacker"

http://www.holycultureradio.com/foru...ad.php?t=10183
    Lebron is a beast. Best in game imo. -CHRISTion

www.soundclick.com/ministerquietstorm

http://www.christlikeclothing.com/

Thanks

Hey Fam, may the Lord use this thread to his Glory and for his good.

Here is the first one I want to share, The Great Commission click here Not to be taken as an authorative defiinition, but just food for thought.
    Last edited by courtney (c-dub); 10-19-2006 at 01:20 PM.

HCR Familia
    Thanks

Yea this is one of the threads we definitely had to start up again. It's a must-have! lol

HCR Familia
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by courtney (c-dub)
    Hey Fam, may the Lord use this thread to his Glory and for his good.

Here is the first one I want to share Great Commision Not to be taken as an authorative defiinition, but just food for thought.
    Hey guys, what is the origin of the Great Commision? Why do they call it that, who came up with it, what's it's history etc. I always hear 'yea the Great commision' I know what it says and is called for but I dont know about it. Just wondering. thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,804 Times in 1,724 Posts

matt 28:19.
    ----------
    Please Help If You Have the Means:
    www.tainashope.org

Thanks

Default check out this article

Preachers Launch Street 'Invasions'

DALLAS -- The city of Dallas is being invaded, by a group of nearly 500 street preachers spreading the word....
    You have multiplied, O Lord my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them,
    yet they are more than can be told. Psalm 40:5

Young Bol
    Thanks

grace & peace saints....the purpose of this thread is for us to share our experiences that we've had sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with unbelievers and any tips and thinsg that god has shown us about evangelism...so that we can build up and edify one another...

...the 2nd is a quote from R.A. Torrey about evangelism

"..the Spirit works in the world through the believers to whom He is sent. If we as believers realized the utter dependence of the world upon us for the Spirit's gracious work, would we not be more careful to see that the Spirit found in us an unobstructed channel? How slowly the world comes to know Jesus because of the unfaithfulness of the church."
    Tips??? hmmm just put up a new thread with a good tip check it out
    www.myspace.com/manifestchange
    God is always true, interpretations can lie so seek God, not theologians.

God did not make me love Him

Thanks

Default in the interest of keeping it all in 1 thread

THIS IS A DOPE TIP FROM EYESOFPHAITH:

Bangin way to Witness to you classmates
    If your school uses blackboard and each of your professors do, you have acess to the email of all your classmates.

Therefore if you are introvert as some of you are ( me I am sometimes, sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don't. ooops tangent) Anyway if you are you can send them an email with an attachment of whatever God lays on your heart to tell them. The message they do read can just alert them that you have an attachment that is a spiritual invitation and of course they can have a look or feel free to delete without opening the attachment.

PRAISE GOD!!!! NOW GET BUSY!!!
    "It is the teaching of Scripture that the Lord enriches the liberal and leaves the miserly to find out that withholding tendeth to poverty." -Spurgeon

HCR Familia
    Thanks

I need prayer yall. Plz pray for me, for the courage, zeal, & wisdom to share my faith with cats around campus. Its not an issue of pride or laziness. (At least like 5times in the past 2days i've stuffed my pockets with gospel tracts and walked around campus with this very intention. )

Ive read all the books, ive peeped all tha WOTM, ive even taken notes on exactly how Id go about witnessing and put them on my iPod(I always have my ipod on me). So I'd appreciate the prayer, as my heart aches for the lost. payce

btw this was a pretty good tip.
    THIS IS A DOPE TIP FROM EYESOFPHAITH:

Thanks

Default Two perspectives.

Which one would you agree is biblical?:

Rob Bell: First Click here

or

Todd Friel: Sec. Click here

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Default lll PART 1 lll

Quote Originally Posted by shekinahsmoke
    Well there were more but I have a special prayer request for two that I led in prayer after they came to Christ.

Becky - Her mother recently passed and her grandmother is now in the hospital. Please keep her family lifted.

LaJear - Brother from a close neighborhood in the area. His wife got saved as well tonight. Please keep them in prayer that they grow in holiness and keep them covered in A WHOLE BUNCH of prayer. Im going to contact the brother this weekend again and introduce him to Brinson and the fam

Also for a little girl who's 12 years old. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pray for her that she becomes a light amongst her friends. We all know that school is way worse now than it was when we (or maybe I should say I) was growing up. MANY TEMPTATIONS OUT THERE, PLEASE PRAY FOR HER.
    MORE TO REPORT AND MORE NAMES TO KEEP LIFTED.

Justin - Met him at Walmart. He was cussing up a storm. I didnt even go there. I handed him a gospel tract and told him it was part of my testimony. He looked surprised. I asked him what his name was and told him "God Bless". Keep him in prayer. He's a younger rocker type axegrind 360 spin skateboard Tony Hawk XGames type dude.. LOL. And I still love him the same.

Frank - clean cut dude from the Westside. Reminds me kinda of myself. Educated guy but from ... uhh "da gutter". He got saved Friday night I do believe. Great guy. Im hoping to build a relationship with him.

Bobby - He's saved and but has been having some hateful thoughts about his ex. Please pray for him.
    ----------
    www.tainashope.org

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shekinahsmoke
    MORE TO REPORT AND MORE NAMES TO KEEP LIFTED.
    Justin - Met him at Walmart. He was cussing up a storm. I didnt even go there. I handed him a gospel tract and told him it was part of my testimony. He looked surprised. I asked him what his name was and told him "God Bless". Keep him in prayer. He's a younger rocker type axegrind 360 spin skateboard Tony Hawk XGames type dude.. LOL. And I still love him the same.

Frank - clean cut dude from the Westside. Reminds me kinda of myself. Educated guy but from ... uhh "da gutter". He got saved Friday night I do believe. Great guy. Im hoping to build a relationship with him.

Bobby - He's saved and but has been having some hateful thoughts about his ex. Please pray for him.
    i'll be praying smokie..for you and for bobby, frank, justin, becky, lajear and the little girl...

also..please pray for my cousin shanda and her boyfriend raj..they were in nyc this weekend for my grandfather's 80th birthday party..i've been witnessing to her as the Lord leads me over the past year and she has alot of issues with the exclusive claims of Jesus Christ being the only way to God.but praise God that this weekend I was able to give her a copy of "Jesus among other Gods" by Ravi Zacharias and my brother also got to share with her and her boyfriend...please keep them lifted..and keep pressing saints!!

Thanks

Default .....

Quote Originally Posted by courtney (c-dub)
    Which one would you agree is biblical?:

Rob Bell: First Click here

or

Todd Friel: Sec. Click here

What are your thoughts?
    i'll just say that i'm really glad that i never met rob bell when i was dead in my sins..i'd probably still be dead.

Thanks

Default ... part 2 coming tonight ...

Will certainly keep rhanda and raj lifted. I just sent up a prayer.
    ----------
    www.tainashope.org

Thanks

Default samy tanagho speaking in nj

MINISTERING THE GOSPEL TO THE MUSLIM WORLD
    A Special Seminar with Samy Tanagho

Saturday, November 4th, 2006
    9:00am - noon
    Calvary Chapel Old Bridge, NJ

All those that interact with and have a burden for Muslims are encouraged to join special guest Samy Tanagho at Calvary Chapel Old Bridge as he explains how to share the Gospel message with the Muslim world.

This unique workshop will provide you with the biblical foundation for cross-cultural evangelism and answers from God's Word to questions commonly asked by Muslims. Participants will also learn how to respond to objections and arguments used by Muslims who debate the truth of Christianity.

Samy has traveled throughout the world sharing his knowledge & passion for reaching Muslims with Christ's love. He has ministered to the Muslim world for over 30 years and his internationally published book, Glad News! God Loves You My Muslim Friend, is a powerful evangelistic tool for those seeking to penetrate the Muslim's heart and mind with the Gospel.

Samy's wife, Hala, will also join us to share her story of imprisonment in Egypt for converting from Islam to Christianity.
    Last edited by clayfilms; 10-23-2006 at 11:24 PM.

HCR Veterano
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 464 Posts

Thats it...I'm moving!!!!!

Are you goin sis?
    God's glory alone!

Thanks

MORE NAMES FROM THE JUDGMENT HOUSE TO KEEP LIFTED!

Alexander - Could not define what sin was and who God is biblically. I went on to inform him and pray for him. He's a young kid (highschooler) Pray for him that he becomes an outward witness to God's glory.

Jacob - Another Youngster. Churched Kid. What's odd is he COULD define what sin was and why he trusts in Christ. Pray for him as well. I think he's ready for the streets

Keith - It's kids day! Lil one who has been in the church program. He's making a commitment to Christ EARLY. I'm thinking he's like 5th grade. Keep him in your prayers. I pray that his parents and the church nurtures him.

Jason - Older guy. New Recruit! Keep him in your prayers that he feeds on God's Word. He's married too. Keep his family lifted. I'm very sure he understands his salvation.

Kateland and Sheryl - Why is that the younger of the two understood what sin was rather than the older??? And this is like 3rd graders lol. Keep them in your prayers. I pray that they won't lose their youth but will still glorify God in their behavior and obedience to their parents.

James Reed - Bad News... rejection of the gospel. Pray for his salvation. If he's elect, may God help him.
    ----------
    www.tainashope.org

Thanks

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Heir
    Thats it...I'm moving!!!!!

Are you goin sis?
    nah ..i'm not going to make it..but i know that brother courtney and maybe a few others who frequent this board will be going and will providing a detailed report..**hint**hint**

Thread Information