Widgets Magazine
    Thanks

Default I need help or advice

I have to stand in front of my church on Oct.29 and give a Word. I'm scared and nervous, I don't like standing in front and talking to people having them looking at me. I know what I'm going to talk about and that is being a young christian in high school. And that's all I got, I don't know where to go from there. Can someone help me, because I don't know what to do. I pray to God about this. I really need help. So plz can someone help a lil sis out beause I have don't know where to start from or set it up.

Asia L. Braggs

Thanks

Hey sis..

I definitely think that the first thing you should do is pray and see if this is what God will have you to do.

Secondly, the people or persons who requested you to give this "word" should definitely make themselves available to work with you and be more clear of the direction they want you to speak on...they should'nt leave you out there..

Also, why are you doing this? What is God directing you to do? etc.. just ask yourself those things.
    Proverbs 27:18-19
    Like a madman who throws firebrands, arrows, and death is the man who deceives his neighbor and says, "I am only joking!"

Thanks

if you already said yes, let your yes be your yes and your no be your no!

Start diggin through that concordance!
    New Album: http://www.mcpsalmist.com
    Honest HHH Reviews: http://www.gospelrapfan.com
    $10 Beat Leases: http://www.3-fifths.com
    FNF Mixtape (Free DL): http://www.fnfmixtape.com

Young Bol
    Thanks

After you pray seek scripture that speaks towards being a christian peroid. It doesn't matter if you are in highschool, college, work, or ect. A christian must act according to what the scriptures say. Now what do you want to address from the scriptures about what Christ requires of a Christian. For instance do you want to talk about "being in the world but not of the world" , "Christian Love", "Forgiveness", "Prayer". Then pray on how these topics can be applied in a highschool enviroment. You can use an outline format to help you with what your going to say.

Look up keywords in the bible at: http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/

Bible Topics this site will give you an idea on how to do a lay out on a topic.
    http://www.bible-topics.com/

Thanks

I have pray to God about this. I really have don't know if God wants me to do rhis. But my preacher told me that God want me to do children ministries. I was surpries at that and confuse because she told me that not God. I really do need help with that. I say to myself "well God do YOU want me to do this". A person in my church is helping me with that. She says she will give me some scriptures. Thanks invisible man I will look at those sites. Thanks Psalmist and Sightgiver. Plz pray for me. I really want to know if God want me to do this.

Thanks

Practice. Tell a friend (or friends) what you plan to talk about. Say it aloud a couple times. Get comfortable with your material and leave the door open for the Holy Spirit to work.
    "Thinking the worst of people, even of the worst of people, doesnt make us any better."
    Tope Usanga

Thanks

Arrow albraggs: tryhimout

First you want to pray and ask God what he will have for you to say. You don't want to approach a crowd unprepared so practice with some of your GodIntelligent friends or relatives. Then you would want to be patient and let God lead you. I do minister all the time before people and I sometimes get nervous but I remember it is for him. I focus always on him and he has never failed me. Keep your mind on him and the purpose and you will not fail. Fear is not of God, So don't fear.

Thanks

Thanks a lot temper77016 and dogfight what you both said helps. thanks

Asia L. Braggs

The Piller & Foundation of Truth(1 Timothy 3:15)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,095 Times in 1,339 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by albraggs
    I have to stand in front of my church on Oct.29 and give a Word. I'm scared and nervous, I don't like standing in front and talking to people having them looking at me. I know what I'm going to talk about and that is being a young christian in high school. And that's all I got, I don't know where to go from there. Can someone help me, because I don't know what to do. I pray to God about this. I really need help. So plz can someone help a lil sis out beause I have don't know where to start from or set it up.

Asia L. Braggs

Did you ever "rap" in front of somebody? It's just like rapping fam!!! You just go up and give it a go.....don't think....infact don't even look in their eyes at first. Just look straight away from any faces and eyes and speak and as you get comfortable start looking at peoples faces.....and just be your self. If you get them to laugh then it might break the ice and the feeling in your stomach might go away or at least lighten up.

Do your thing man. We got your back

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by temper77016
    First you want to pray and ask God what he will have for you to say. You don't want to approach a crowd unprepared so practice with some of your GodIntelligent friends or relatives. Then you would want to be patient and let God lead you. I do minister all the time before people and I sometimes get nervous but I remember it is for him. I focus always on him and he has never failed me. Keep your mind on him and the purpose and you will not fail. Fear is not of God, So don't fear.
    What part of Houston?
    "Thinking the worst of people, even of the worst of people, doesnt make us any better."
    Tope Usanga

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jnorman88
    Did you ever "rap" in front of somebody? It's just like rapping fam!!! You just go up and give it a go.....don't think....infact don't even look in their eyes at first. Just look straight away from any faces and eyes and speak and as you get comfortable start looking at peoples faces.....and just be your self. If you get them to laugh then it might break the ice and the feeling in your stomach might go away or at least lighten up.

Do your thing man. We got your back

LOL...Fam I wanted to tell u thanks for the adivce. I would proably have not to look at the people first, look away. But umm I'm a girl not a man. Just in case you thought diff.

Thread Information