PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Court sides with Baker!!! Same-Sex-Wedding Cake case

LUPE
06-04-2018, 03:29 PM
Great news for religious liberty!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/justices-side-colorado-baker-same-sex-wedding-cake-142744589--politics.html

Tarii_2sweet
06-04-2018, 05:44 PM
Heard It was a penis shape cake.

LUPE
06-05-2018, 05:02 AM
Heard It was a penis shape cake.

Where did you hear that?

Tarii_2sweet
06-05-2018, 12:21 PM
Where did you hear that?

Lol no where I just assume that just because their gay it was requested lol A penis with a ring on it. He said No I will not do that! Well go to court than mmmmm lol

The Light Within
06-07-2018, 06:31 PM
And the media said he narrowly won. Actually, this was a landslide victory. This is why we need more Godly people in government. To help those victimized by evil doers.

Tarii_2sweet
06-07-2018, 08:16 PM
And the media said he narrowly won. Actually, this was a landslide victory. This is why we need more Godly people in government. To help those victimized by evil doers.

Try going for office? If trump can do it anyone can.. you still very young.

LUPE
06-08-2018, 09:48 AM

I wouldn't say that the same-sex couple victimized the baker. I think they sincerely felt they were being discriminated by the baker when he refused to bake them a wedding cake for their same-sex wedding. Their understanding of the law motivated them to take legal action against the baker.

The Light Within
06-09-2018, 03:01 PM
I wouldn't say that the same-sex couple victimized the baker. I think they sincerely felt they were being discriminated by the baker when he refused to bake them a wedding cake for their same-sex wedding. Their understanding of the law motivated them to take legal action against the baker.

:biglaugh:

Tarii_2sweet
06-09-2018, 04:54 PM

They were discriminated against he didn't want to bake them a cake because they were gay. Instead of taking to court they could have just went elsewhere not everyone is discriminates. sad Christians do.

LUPE
06-10-2018, 06:57 AM
They were discriminated against he didn't want to bake them a cake because they were gay. Instead of taking to court they could have just went elsewhere not everyone is discriminates. sad Christians do.

From the POV of the same-sex couple they see it as discrimination. From the POV of the baker he sees it as an infringement of his religious convictions. The Supreme Court ruled in favor of the baker safeguarding the baker's religious right to refuse to bake the wedding cake for a same-sex wedding because it would violate the baker's Christian convictions. I think both sides in the case acted in good faith. I disagree with Light that the same-sex couple victimized the baker though. I don't believe either side victimized the other. My2cents.

Tarii_2sweet
06-10-2018, 11:47 AM
From the POV of the same-sex couple they see it as discrimination. From the POV of the baker he sees it as an infringement of his religious convictions. The Supreme Court ruled in favor of the baker safeguarding the baker's religious right to refuse to bake the wedding cake for a same-sex wedding because it would violate the baker's Christian convictions. I think both sides in the case acted in good faith. I disagree with Light that the same-sex couple victimized the baker though. I don't believe either side victimized the other. My2cents.

OK gotcha