PDA

View Full Version : Christian Rappers on others beats

TheNon-Rapper
12-04-2012, 11:53 AM
It's always been fairly popular for CHH artists to spit over "secular" beats on mixtapes and stuff but why don't they spit on other CHH beats?

Anyone know of any songs like that? Here is one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_et_c7Pwlo8

Plain Ole Me
12-04-2012, 01:29 PM
imo.. Lack of available instrumentals, also for the crowd that just wants to "redeem" the beats theres no need to hop on a CHH opinion and finally some think it's offensive to spit over another's beat (esp. if your version is better than the original.) and finally lack of quality/good CHH beats (until recently).

Bauman1535
12-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Sho uses tons of Amba's beats on Barakaology

Mr.Gray
12-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Probably because there is a much deeper pool of really good instrumentals outside of what Christian rappers use.

efusion
12-04-2012, 06:29 PM
I think since CHH is a smaller community of people, cats are more hesitant to use CHH beats on a "mixtape" because there is a much, much higher chance they will encounter that artist (or they may already know the artist personally) whose beat they are illegally using... and thus, the chance of being held accountable or of being confronted is much higher. Whereas, illegally using secular beats, it is very, very unlikely they will ever meet, ever be held accountable or ever be confronted as to why they are jacking their beats and in many cases, making money off of it. In some ways, I think it is cuz of an assumed safety net or a bit of cowardice. If they knew they were gonna see 50 Cent or Jay Z or whoever next weekend face to face, I would think they would be much more hesitant to use their beats without permission.

TheNon-Rapper
12-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Sho uses tons of Amba's beats on Barakaology

Oh yeah I forgot about that...

Mr.Gray
12-04-2012, 08:02 PM
I think since CHH is a smaller community of people, cats are more hesitant to use CHH beats on a "mixtape" because there is a much, much higher chance they will encounter that artist (or they may already know the artist personally) whose beat they are illegally using... and thus, the chance of being held accountable or of being confronted is much higher. Whereas, illegally using secular beats, it is very, very unlikely they will ever meet, ever be held accountable or ever be confronted as to why they are jacking their beats and in many cases, making money off of it. In some ways, I think it is cuz of an assumed safety net or a bit of cowardice. If they knew they were gonna see 50 Cent or Jay Z or whoever next weekend face to face, I would think they would be much more hesitant to use their beats without permission.

They don't make money off a re-used beat on a mixtape. They may gain fans which in return will potentially increase revenue off an actual album but they aren't making money.

efusion
12-04-2012, 11:28 PM
They don't make money off a re-used beat on a mixtape. They may gain fans which in return will potentially increase revenue off an actual album but they aren't making money.

I have seen countless artists selling these "mixtapes" to make money, so I would have to disagree based upon what I have seen over and over and over.

Apex
12-04-2012, 11:40 PM
I have seen countless artists selling these "mixtapes" to make money, so I would have to disagree based upon what I have seen over and over and over.
who?

efusion
12-04-2012, 11:55 PM
Really? you guys don't know of CHH artists selling these mixtapes? I am not going to name names. Many of them are brothers I love and support. But it is very widespread and not hard to find. Sorry if it sounds like I'm dodging your question.

Apex
12-05-2012, 12:04 AM
Really? you guys don't know of CHH artists selling these mixtapes? I am not going to name names. Many of them are brothers I love and support. But it is very widespread and not hard to find. Sorry if it sounds like I'm dodging your question.
are they local artists or something?

Mr.Gray
12-05-2012, 07:56 AM

Right but they are only selling the songs with original beats. You notice how there is no Nas sample on the iTunes version of Misconception from Lecrae?

K3llogz
12-05-2012, 01:00 PM
This video made me http://www.the-coli.com/images/smilies/snoop.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geK3dbNzpLU

K-Train
12-05-2012, 01:33 PM

WAAAAIIIIIITTTTTT

You mean to tell me that instrumental is not ORIGINAL???? Where is is from?

Thats my jam right there. :chatterbox:

Alarma
12-05-2012, 01:57 PM
CHH artists regularly used to sell mixtapes (through mail orders) with secular "beats" - before mixtapes were as easily available for free downloads. I remember ordering numerous mixtapes by Corey Red & Precise, Breeveazie... from the bus shop, and all of them were using classic "secular" beats.

Nowadays pretty much all mixtapes are available for free downloads - I don't really see anybody selling music that makes use of stolen "secular" beats. Only exception I can think of is maybe when they print up physical copies of their mixtapes to sell at shows.

Quick question: If DJ Premier becomes a Christ-follower, will his old beats still be "secular" or will the become "Christian"? Would his post-conversion beats be "Christian"? If Scarface would rhyme over Wit's "Welcome To H-Town" beat, would it become "secular"?

Plain Ole Me
12-05-2012, 01:59 PM

same here fam..one of my youngins who hasn't been corrupted loves it tho.

...i didn't know eshons beat was a french montana beat tho.. that joint was flames!

Mr.Gray
12-05-2012, 05:05 PM
same here fam..one of my youngins who hasn't been corrupted loves it tho.

...i didn't know eshons beat was a french montana beat tho.. that joint was flames!

Yea Harry Fraud produced that thing, he is becoming one of my favorite producers. That instrumental "Bird on a Wire" is my favorite beat this year. Was really hoping that beat was going to get used on BST&P.

efusion
12-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Plus, you don't have to "sell" the songs to be illegal. Using someone else's beat without permission is a violation of copyright law. It is violating the copyright owner's legal right to distributing the beat, making copies of the beat and creating a derivative work. Just a side note. Selling it just another violation. Either way, the artists who do this are violating.

undadog4eva
12-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Bizzle sells his mixtapes...

Alarma
12-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Bizzle sells his mixtapes...

Really? I got all his mixtapes as free downloads. Are you talking physical copies? (I remember that you and I both still love physical copies - wasn't it you that got a physical copy of "Batman & Batman" as well as "Purple Reign"?)

undadog4eva
12-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Really? I got all his mixtapes as free downloads. Are you talking physical copies? (I remember that you and I both still love physical copies - wasn't it you that got a physical copy of "Batman & Batman" as well as "Purple Reign"?)

No he was selling the digitals on his website, bit sad actually as no one should pay for that...yea I gor a copy of batman but not purple reign...

coolbreeze
12-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Are you talking about verbal quests batman and batman? Does that album use secular beats?