PDA

View Full Version : The Gravity thread, only one more week!

JT1031
08-27-2012, 09:04 PM
So I guess with one week we can make the last thread for Gravity before it drops. Just wondering where everyone's getting it at? I just ordered mine from the Reach website because I think in the past they send out preordered copies from their site early(people were getting Weight and Glory on Friday iirc). Hopefully that happens again here.

J2Light
08-27-2012, 09:11 PM
So I guess with one week we can make the last thread for Gravity before it drops. Just wondering where everyone's getting it at? I just ordered mine from the Reach website because I think in the past they send out preordered copies from their site early(people were getting Weight and Glory on Friday iirc). Hopefully that happens again here.

Doesn't it depend on what type of shipping plan you get? I got the 2-4 day shipping plan.

Apex
08-27-2012, 09:17 PM
I regret paying extra for the shipping lol.

samson
08-27-2012, 09:21 PM
You get a Andy Mineo's "Formerly Known" for free if you pre-buy Gravity at Family Christian Stores:

http://c0014454.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_e32e746

JT1031
08-27-2012, 09:27 PM
You get a Andy Mineo's "Formerly Known" for free if you pre-buy Gravity at Family Christian Stores:

http://c0014454.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_e32e746
but it's always been free haha

samson
08-27-2012, 10:00 PM
but it's always been free haha

But not free in CD format ;)

K-Train
08-27-2012, 10:37 PM
But not free in CD format ;)

hehe :radar:

yoni
08-27-2012, 11:32 PM
my merchline order shipped today, still wont get it till after release due to being on the other side of the world :'C

Apex
08-27-2012, 11:44 PM
my merchline order shipped today, still wont get it till after release due to being on the other side of the world :'C
mine didn't ship yet :(

TheNon-Rapper
08-28-2012, 12:22 PM
I pre-ordered mine over a month ago lol.

Ras
08-28-2012, 12:38 PM
Mine just shipped.

http://i.imgur.com/flRWu.gif

K3llogz
08-28-2012, 12:41 PM
Mine just shipped.

http://i.imgur.com/flRWu.gif

WHAAAAAT? DARN U!! I REBUKE THIS ENVY IN JESUS NAME!

DONT SPOIL IT FOR ME!!

http://i.imgur.com/7RXBA.gif

Krayzie116
08-28-2012, 05:30 PM
Mine won't ship until Friday I bet :( lol

They should ship people stuff who live out futher from Merchline first so by the time it get its here it will be on the day it released. I live in Colorado and and Ras Detroit oh why oh why lol

Oh yeah remember you guys can't count on Monday for ship date. Labor day is that day noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheNon-Rapper
08-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Mine won't ship until Friday I bet :( lol

They should ship people stuff who live out futher from Merchline first so by the time it get its here it will be on the day it released. I live in Colorado and and Ras Detroit oh why oh why lol

Oh yeah remember you guys can't count on Monday for ship date. Labor day is that day noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing but you might want to check again cuz mine just shipped!!!!!!!!!

Krayzie116
08-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Nope nothing for me, I even did the extra day shipping to get sooner :(

cwm
08-30-2012, 08:24 AM
Mine hasn't shipped yet either. I did get a thank you/don't put the album online email from Reach last night. It also said I should get it on or before the release date. Even if it ships today, it will be pushing to get to me by Tuesday.

slimkid24
08-30-2012, 09:46 AM
I should have mine by this afternoon according to the post office tracking system.
Excited to hear it.

slimkid24
08-30-2012, 06:10 PM
It is here. Wow, just ordered on Sunday was not expecting it this quickly. Reach knows how to take care of its stans I guess.

TheNon-Rapper
08-30-2012, 06:14 PM
Yeahhh!!! Just got mine!

Mr.Gray
08-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Yeahhh!!! Just got mine!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2j6qMpqzr4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvqk_NrlxS0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSOW9uvRpAM

Are any of these beats on the album?

Xodiz
08-30-2012, 06:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2j6qMpqzr4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvqk_NrlxS0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSOW9uvRpAM

Are any of these beats on the album?

1. The Drop (Intro)
2. Falling Down (feat. Swoope & Trip Lee)
3. Power Trip (feat. PRo, Sho Baraka & Andy Mineo)

Mr.Gray
08-30-2012, 06:54 PM
1. The Drop (Intro)
2. Falling Down (feat. Swoope & Trip Lee)
3. Power Trip (feat. PRo, Sho Baraka & Andy Mineo)

Alright nice!

Stoked to hear the first two are on there. The DJ Official beat sounds VERY wack in the video.. hopefully it sounds better on the album...

Ras
08-30-2012, 06:58 PM
How do the bonus songs sound for those who have it and order the Deluxe?

Apex
08-30-2012, 07:05 PM
I won't know until the 4th. Did they come with the physical CD too?

Ras
08-30-2012, 07:08 PM
I won't know until the 4th. Did they come with the physical CD too?

yes

Apex
08-31-2012, 01:04 AM
yo they got lecrae trending on twitter

slimkid24
08-31-2012, 09:46 AM

Did not get any bonus songs with my preorder. Maybe it will be with the downloads.
Anyone get the bonus songs yet?

Krayzie116
08-31-2012, 11:15 AM
I think the bonus are download on Sept 4th that is my guess?

Apex
08-31-2012, 03:08 PM
I got my cd today! :d

cwm
08-31-2012, 04:01 PM
I got my cd today! :d

I was really hoping to get mine before Tuesday, but that's not going to happen. It is still showing in Tampa so it may even be Wednesday.

Apex
08-31-2012, 04:03 PM
I was really hoping to get mine before Tuesday, but that's not going to happen. It is still showing in Tampa so it may even be Wednesday.
i thought mines was gonna take that long too. when tuesday comes i'll have the vocals and beats. gonna do a lot of remixes =]

cwm
08-31-2012, 04:06 PM
i thought mines was gonna take that long too. when tuesday comes i'll have the vocals and beats. gonna do a lot of remixes =]

Well I have noticed that the USPS site won't update and then it's like it does a major one so who knows. I may get it tomorrow. I just want it and my shirt.

Ras
08-31-2012, 04:41 PM
I've only got to Mayday but this is the best singing I've ever heard on on a CHH album. I've been preaching it for years about how singing are not used properly. But he and his team def. have grown on how to arrange a song.

JT1031
08-31-2012, 09:27 PM
CHH artists need to start getting all their southern beats from Street Symphony/Heat Academy. There's such a big gap between what he puts out and everyone else.

Ras
08-31-2012, 09:35 PM
CHH artists need to start getting all their southern beats from Street Symphony/Heat Academy. There's such a big gap between what he puts out and everyone else.

There are also ATL secular producers he could use. For example, Bangledesh who made A milli, 6'7.

JT1031
08-31-2012, 09:41 PM
There are also ATL secular producers he could use. For example, Bangledesh who made A milli, 6'7.

Well I was just talking producers who normally work with CHH artists.

Krayzie116
08-31-2012, 09:48 PM
Guys need to stop talking about the album its driving nuts lol

geist075
08-31-2012, 10:08 PM
He could also use D-Flow. That dude knows the southern sound. Listen to Money by Thisl and Anger Management by Lecrae.

JT1031
08-31-2012, 10:36 PM
this album is more proof Lecrae has one of the most versatile flows of any rapper CHH or secular

Apex
08-31-2012, 10:50 PM
You know what I thought the album should have had? Anthems. Like "Go Hard" and "DWYL" and "In My City". Songs like this.

K-Train
08-31-2012, 10:56 PM
You know what I thought the album should have had? Anthems. Like "Go Hard" and "DWYL" and "In My City". Songs like this.

VIOlENCE!!!

K-Train
08-31-2012, 10:58 PM
Is Confe$$ions sounds like a movie sample.

Absolutely beautiful.

Apex
08-31-2012, 11:08 PM
VIOlENCE!!!

Man.. nah :l

K-Train
08-31-2012, 11:13 PM
Man.. nah :l

Just Playing bruh.

Apex
08-31-2012, 11:44 PM
Just Playing bruh.

Oh lol I was gonna say.. I don't even know what they were saying on the chorus xD

JT1031
09-01-2012, 02:45 PM
So yeah the bonus tracks weren't on the disc, guess I gotta wait until Tuesday for those to download.

JT1031
09-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Can anyone that has this tell me how to get that stupid insert folded right? lol

nvm, after 10 minutes fighting it I post this then get it right. smh

cwm
09-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Can anyone that has this tell me how to get that stupid insert folded right? lol

lol...I had the same problem. I got mine today. About to put it on the iPod.

Apex
09-01-2012, 06:26 PM

Took me double the time to figure it out LOL

TheNon-Rapper
09-01-2012, 08:48 PM

Hahaha same here man!!! And it's happened multiple times.

slimkid24
09-02-2012, 08:54 PM
I am so happy that Lecrae did not go the full church clothes route with this cd. Personally Rehab is my favorite Lecrae album. I like the poppy feel to it. I love church clothes but was praying that the album didn't resemble that. I love Gravity. The sound is so big, hooks soulful, and there are many repayable songs. Weakest song for me is Violence, but it is not too bad. Favorite is too many to list. My pick for album of the year.

limelight
09-03-2012, 12:36 AM
long time lurker, and I hate that this is my first post, but I'm 5 tracks in and haven't liked a single song. nothing memorable. nothing with replay value. definitely hoping it picks up. as I was typing this "fakin" came on and even it isn't really grabbing me. so disappointed.

undadog4eva
09-03-2012, 12:50 AM
long time lurker, and I hate that this is my first post, but I'm 5 tracks in and haven't liked a single song. nothing memorable. nothing with replay value. definitely hoping it picks up. as I was typing this "fakin" came on and even it isn't really grabbing me. so disappointed.

Lol first post and I already like you :smile:

limelight
09-03-2012, 12:55 AM
Lol first post and I already like you :smile:

its in the recycle bin tbh. first time in 4 years I won't be buying a lecrae album. still bumpin church clothes though.

undadog4eva
09-03-2012, 01:16 AM
its in the recycle bin tbh. first time in 4 years I won't be buying a lecrae album. still bumpin church clothes though.

Lol same! it's strange that a free album with minimum budget is better than a high powered album but it has happened. I listen to songs like misconception, sacrifice, no regrets and then come to gravity and there are no memorable songs, it's a big meh...disappointed.

Trademark
09-03-2012, 02:07 AM
Falling Down is a good track (found it on youtube) except why does Trip Lee recycle a verse from New Dreams @ the end of his verse <_<

The Light Within
09-03-2012, 03:22 AM
I haven't heard it yet, but "After hearing the album in a special preview session, AllHipHop and Billboard have received the album very positively, considering it Lecrae's strongest, most mainstream work to date." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_%28Lecrae_album%29

slimkid24
09-03-2012, 03:26 AM
Lol same! it's strange that a free album with minimum budget is better than a high powered album but it has happened. I listen to songs like misconception, sacrifice, no regrets and then come to gravity and there are no memorable songs, it's a big meh...disappointed.

Not even Lucky Ones. Church clothes is good and all, but Gravity for me is what an album should sound like. It gets better the more I play it.

coolbreeze
09-03-2012, 04:11 AM
Not even Lucky Ones. Church clothes is good and all, but Gravity for me is what an album should sound like. It gets better the more I play it.

When Walk With Me came on it reminded me of a tupac song when the beat first dropped. Something from makaveli, can't remember wich song. Been too long, lol.

coolbreeze
09-03-2012, 04:12 AM
Sorry Slim, don't know why I added your quote to my post.

redeemedone
09-03-2012, 06:04 AM
honestly, im dissapointed with Crae on this one. Church Clothes is waaaaay better.

geist075
09-03-2012, 07:35 AM
I think sonically Gravity should have been as raw as Church Clothes was. I mean I still like Gravity but Church Clothes is way better. I liked every song on Church Clothes. I think if he had songs on Gravity like Misconception, rejects,Price of Life, Sacrifice, Inspration, Long time coming, Rise then it would have been better.

Donald Chavis
09-03-2012, 08:41 AM

Been telling ya'll boys this!!! Them free joints reflect the artist way more than albums... Albums are to make moves!!! Free joints be for fans!

On another note.. I'm excited to hear Gravity but listening to ya'll boys I might need to taper my expectations! Dag!!!

JT1031
09-03-2012, 10:05 AM
I really like Gravity and Church Clothes. At this point it's too soon to say which one is better. For you all that like CC better, at least we know the second one is coming out.

Donald Chavis
09-03-2012, 11:10 AM
How will you know there will be a second?

JT1031
09-03-2012, 11:13 AM

Don Cannon says volume 2 on the way or something like that on one of the tracks on the first one.

Mr.Gray
09-03-2012, 02:04 PM

Don Cannon says volume 2 on the way or something like that on one of the tracks on the first one.

Yea at the beginning of Rejects Don Cannon is like "We've come to the end... but it's only the begining... Volume 2 is on the way!"

mstrom
09-03-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm going to be completely honest about the "Gravity" album cover:

This cover may be the dumbest CHH album cover I have seen in a while. I mean, if you think about it, it's a helmet.... a helmet.
This is supposedly the biggest release in CHH history (according to the Rapzilla review), and this is the cover? How lame is that.
Even when you open up the album credits, the middle picture is Lecrae with a helmet standing near a building; it's literally a random guy standing next to a building with a helmet on. I think its an embarrassment, really. Sure, I understand the concept... "gravity...being on earth and getting weighed down..blah blah", but the concept art and the cover are just terrible. Not very creative imho.

Not saying I could do better (im not the most creative guy in the world), but I'm sure a better album cover could of been made. Only a small issue to the music that is being released but still: I cant stand to look at it.

EgoVanEgo
09-03-2012, 03:16 PM
i'm going to be completely honest about the "gravity" album cover:

This cover may be the dumbest chh album cover i have seen in a while. I mean, if you think about it, it's a helmet.... A helmet.
This is supposedly the biggest release in chh history (according to the rapzilla review), and this is the cover? How lame is that.
Even when you open up the album credits, the middle picture is lecrae with a helmet standing near a building; it's literally a random guy standing next to a building with a helmet on. I think its an embarrassment, really. Sure, i understand the concept... "gravity...being on earth and getting weighed down..blah blah", but the concept art and the cover are just terrible. Not very creative imho.

Not saying i could do better (im not the most creative guy in the world), but i'm sure a better album cover could of been made. Only a small issue to the music that is being released but still: I cant stand to look at it.

lol!

Hvnbnd
09-03-2012, 06:58 PM

This cover may be the dumbest CHH album cover I have seen in a while. I mean, if you think about it, it's a helmet.... a helmet.
This is supposedly the biggest release in CHH history (according to the Rapzilla review), and this is the cover? How lame is that.
Even when you open up the album credits, the middle picture is Lecrae with a helmet standing near a building; it's literally a random guy standing next to a building with a helmet on. I think its an embarrassment, really. Sure, I understand the concept... "gravity...being on earth and getting weighed down..blah blah", but the concept art and the cover are just terrible. Not very creative imho.

Not saying I could do better (im not the most creative guy in the world), but I'm sure a better album cover could of been made. Only a small issue to the music that is being released but still: I cant stand to look at it.

Maybe its his helmet of salvation to deal with the "G Force" of life?

Apex
09-03-2012, 08:44 PM
All I wanna see tomorrow is #gravity trending on twitter and album to be #1 on itunes.

noblevessel
09-03-2012, 10:34 PM
The production on "Gravity" was a good change of pace. IT eminded me of an old Organized Noize track a little bit, I was expecting 3 stacks and Big Boi to come on. Not feeling J.R. on the hook, just didn't fit the vibe of the track..or it could be the construction of the hook. Not sure yet. On the flip I'm loving Novel's feature on "Walk with Me." I've been a fan of that brother since his Rawkus days and tracks like "Starts to Fade." After a few quick listens I'm trying to chew on the content with regards to impact and execution for replay value. But so far it reminds me of continuation of Church Clothes in light of the topics and the "hey I have struggles, I can relate, I see your struggles, Lord what's up?, Oh this is part of life in a fallen world, Look at those Rappers promoting sin, to the Hey despite it all I'm still Unashamed" lyrics. Reserving judgment on the record.

And yo what's up with cat's seemingly getting off on dissing cats? It's okay to not like something and communicate as much, but how about with some tact and constructively.

Ras
09-03-2012, 10:57 PM
The production on "Gravity" was a good change of pace. IT eminded me of an old Organized Noize track a little bit, I was expecting 3 stacks and Big Boi to come on. Not feeling J.R. on the hook, just didn't fit the vibe of the track..or it could be the construction of the hook. Not sure yet. On the flip I'm loving Novel's feature on "Walk with Me." I've been a fan of that brother since his Rawkus days and tracks like "Starts to Fade." After a few quick listens I'm trying to chew on the content with regards to impact and execution for replay value. But so far it reminds me of continuation of Church Clothes in light of the topics and the "hey I have struggles, I can relate, I see your struggles, Lord what's up?, Oh this is part of life in a fallen world, Look at those Rappers promoting sin, to the Hey despite it all I'm still Unashamed" lyrics. Reserving judgment on the record.

And yo what's up with cat's seemingly getting off on dissing cats? It's okay to not like something and communicate as much, but how about with some tact and constructively.

Good info on Novel. Didn't know that. I said the same thing about J.R. and that hook.

Zema
09-03-2012, 11:09 PM
After a few quick listens I'm trying to chew on the content with regards to impact and execution for replay value. But so far it reminds me of continuation of Church Clothes in light of the topics and the "hey I have struggles, I can relate, I see your struggles, Lord what's up?, Oh this is part of life in a fallen world, Look at those Rappers promoting sin, to the Hey despite it all I'm still Unashamed" lyrics.

Thank you, Sir!

Mr.Gray
09-03-2012, 11:13 PM
Good info on Novel. Didn't know that. I said the same thing about J.R. and that hook.

Yea I felt the same way as well about the hook. It didn't fit the vibe I was getting at all from Lecrae's first verse. I think it was too soft of a hook. I read a review that compared it to the hook on New Dreams and that got me so excited.. and then I heard it and was like.. this isn't even close to New Dreams...

It wasn't a terrible hook by any means.. just was kind of a buzzkill in regards to the feeling I was getting off that first verse..

Apex
09-03-2012, 11:17 PM
did Gravity just get deleted from iTunes? o.O

http://i.imgur.com/BdoxD.jpg

Hvnbnd
09-04-2012, 10:05 AM

How did it get on your computer, then recycle bin, without buying it... hhhhhhmmmmmm!!!???

noblevessel
09-04-2012, 05:04 PM
The hook on "Gravity" is starting to grow on me. It's kind of jarring upon first listen I guess compared to the more polished pop vocals or straight crooning on other tracks, but after playing it a few more times the disembodied voice effect works well for this one. lol

Mr.Gray
09-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Why is Derek Minor listed as PRO on the album?

Xodiz
09-04-2012, 05:28 PM

Simplicity is key for album covers/artwork.

eternal
09-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Stephen Curry Twitter:

Starting last couple of workouts in NC before I'm back to the Bay with the squad. Listening to the new @lecrae #Gravity

http://twitter.com/StephenCurry30

Mr.Gray
09-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Simplicity is key for album covers/artwork.

Truer words have not been spoken. One of my favorite album covers this year is Frank Ocean's lol.. it's just plain ole orange and his go to font..

joseph29
09-04-2012, 05:44 PM

i think the thing with church clothes was that he was trying to appeal to the hip hop heads (which is not likely his core audience). In gravity the problem imo he tries to straddle the fence between doing songs that are more hip hop than poppy tracks like rehab.

But i did like a couple of tracks on there like walk with me, falling down, and mayday. So it does have some memorable songs. I'd prob put this album right along side with rehab in terms of rating.

K-Train
09-04-2012, 06:19 PM
My favorites are

The Drop
Gravity
Fallin Down
Violence
Confe$$ions
Buttons (and I dont even like Romance songs, lol)
Power Trip
Tell the World

Joseph P and Dirty Rice is one of my favorite producer combos currently. That instrumentation with that bassline is always nasty with those two.

Andy Mineo may have a short verse on Power Trip, but killed it.

"Who made the crowd put their hands in the sky? (me)

Who made the sky with their hands?"

JT1031
09-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Best songs IMO,

Falling Down
Fakin
Free From It All
Tell the World
Power Trip
The Drop
Fuego

JuanTwoThree
09-05-2012, 01:43 AM
Fakin, Lord Have Mercy, and I Know were not good for me. The rest was awesome. I found that this album is the type that grows on me with more listens.

JT1031
09-05-2012, 03:32 PM
They should have included both of the new bonus songs on all versions, they're both really good IMO.

geist075
09-05-2012, 03:38 PM
They should have included both of the new bonus songs on all versions, they're both really good IMO.

According to you they are good but they were both wack too me.

J2Light
09-05-2012, 05:51 PM
According to you they are good but they were both wack too me.

Yeah, I thought they were both okay. It's not enough for me to go pick it up right away.

I'm really enjoying this album. I pretty much like most of the songs. Some songs I didn't really care for (Free From It All, Violence).

JT1031
09-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Alright so after a week this album has kinda dropped some for me. Lecrae is at his best when he's rapping aggressive and fast(Don't Waste Your Life, New Shalom, Chase That, Aliens) but on this there aren't enough songs like that. The Drop, Fakin, and Falling Down are really the only ones like that. There are too many skippable tracks, Gravity, Buttons, Confessions, and Violence. There are also too many singing hooks, yeah they are good, but I don't want that on every song. I think after more time with this and going back and listening to the older CDs I'd rank em like this,

1. Rebel
2. Overdose
3. Rehab
4. Real Talk
5. Gravity
6. After the Music Stops

mstrom
09-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Overall it's a solid album, but definitely not his best, imo.

If I had to go top 3 (albums, not including CC)

1) Rebel
2) Rehab
3) Gravity

undadog4eva
09-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Well since we are ranking crae's albums:

Rebel
Rehab
Real talk
ATMS
overdose
Gravity