PDA

View Full Version : Church Clothes Mixtape BEST LECRAE EVER!

Ricky Roldan
05-14-2012, 06:46 PM
Man that was madd dope.......but not sure how the lyrical content is any different than other Christian Hip Hop....but at any rate much props to Crae!

Zema
05-14-2012, 06:55 PM
Man that was madd dope.......but not sure how the lyrical content is any different than other Christian Hip Hop....but at any rate much props to Crae!

I said in another post:

I personally prefer Christian rap. That means albums where the all the songs have explicit Biblical language, Scripture references, Jesus' name and the Cross repeated excessively, songs that build up the body etc. Basically, like a "Killing Sin", "Rebel", or "2020" album. Not an album that merely contain these themes when speaking on other life issues from a Christian perspective but where these themes are the whole of it. Trip's "Beautiful Life" is for lost people. I don't need him to tell me "Look, I agree that we should give women rights, that goes for unborn women too, give them life" because I already know it's wrong. It's a good reminder and I can benefit from it but it's not for me, it's for lost people. That applies to "Rehab", "Church Clothes", "B2W", "The Good Life" etc.

Does that help? Also, why do you consider this his best work to date? I'm intrigued by this popular opinion.

samson
05-14-2012, 06:59 PM

It's how it was marketed. The content wasn't any different from any other CHH album, but how they highlighted certain songs and promoted the video with cosigns from secular cats.

Ricky Roldan
05-14-2012, 07:02 PM
I said in another post:

Yeah I got all that but Most Christian Hip Hop I ever heard was for lost people.....so I guess I personally just don't get it. When I was with Remnant Militia, our EP was for lost people and most our concerts were at secular venues...IDK

Does that help? Also, why do you consider this his best work to date? I'm intrigued by this popular opinion.

Because it was more boom bap than his usual dirty south stuff which I don't like that much.......

JT1031
05-14-2012, 07:16 PM
It was really good, but still nowhere close to Rebel. I think Overdose and ATMS are better too.

geist075
05-14-2012, 07:22 PM
I think the mixtape surpasses all his previous work. It's that dope. I love it.

JT1031
05-14-2012, 08:48 PM
The lack of bass on most of the songs really hurt it for me. Gotta have that bass shaking the room or it's not the same.

dillon32
05-14-2012, 09:27 PM
Lyrically, it's his best yet. I really didn't know he had that sort of ability, especially like what he did on Misconception. The passion is back. It's just that the quality of the recording wasn't nearly as good as the crisp mixing they've got on the rest of Reach's stuff.

HigherThought
05-15-2012, 01:27 AM
Yeah Roldan, it sounds a lot like Christian rap too me. Dope stuff for sure.

Zema
05-15-2012, 02:12 AM
Yeah I got all that but Most Christian Hip Hop I ever heard was for lost people.....so I guess I personally just don't get it. When I was with Remnant Militia, our EP was for lost people and most our concerts were at secular venues...IDK

Then, I sure don't consider that Christian rap and the masses don't either. Granted, you spoke from a Christian perspective and that's how I view it. The issue is, the masses complained when "Christian rap" wasn't what I described it ain't "Christian rap". Citing that it didn't say Jesus enough times, quote enough Bible verses, making songs about your wife (Church Clothers and Rehab) ain't Christian rap. etc. I certainly don't expect to hear a song expressing your love for your spouse on a Christian album. You are the exception that considers what you described "Christian rap" and that's the issue. Many times, if enough people expect something specific from a label, the person will drop a label, as long as it's within reason. E.G. a Christian is not going to stop calling themselves a "Christian" because of expectation because that would be a crime (a "Christian rapper" is something altogether different, obviously) and a person isn't gonna stop calling themselves a human.

JustinR
05-15-2012, 02:39 AM
Dudes a Christian and talked about Jesus in his music and life. What is Christan music? Or are we like talking about music that teaches theology? Is that how we're defining it?

lonehunter
05-15-2012, 05:34 PM
I agree. After a few listens, its still growing on me. I initially said 7/10, i might have to bump that up to 8. Probably my favorite work of his so far.

Water Walkin' Warrior
05-15-2012, 06:17 PM
The lack of bass on most of the songs really hurt it for me. Gotta have that bass shaking the room or it's not the same.

You could fix that by recording a mix through Virtual DJ using the sub-bass effect (maybe). Will have to try it. Maybe I can De-Cannonize it a little too. lol It would be nice if there were versions of the songs from the album that didn't have Cannon on them for radio play.

Zema
05-15-2012, 06:21 PM
You could fix that by recording a mix through Virtual DJ using the sub-bass effect (maybe). Will have to try it. Maybe I can De-Cannonize it a little too. lol It would be nice if there were versions of the songs from the album that didn't have Cannon on them for radio play.

Bro, can you fix the bass for me through this process and send it to me?