PDA

View Full Version : Rapzilla 11 Freshmen of '11 [Look Back]

TheNon-Rapper
01-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Who do you think were the winners and losers of Rapzilla's "11 Freshmen of '11" list (http://rapzilla.com/rz/features/story/2881-rapzillacoms-11-freshman-of-2011-)?
(P.S. Don't be offended by me calling them "Losers" please. I'm in no way trying to break them down.)

S.O. - BIG winner!!! [He signed with Lampmode and released "So It Begins", a sick album.]

The Voice - Loser [He put out his previouse album "#LOUDANDCLEAR" for free but it isn't memorable to me and he didn't do anything else. Will he pull through in 2012? I have no idea.]

Eshon Burgundy - Loser [He released a few nice singles but no full project. Should not disappoint in 2012.]

Andy Mineo - Winner [He signed to Reach Records which was big. He also released a nice project which I surprisingly liked. 2012 should be big too, probably a real album.]

Jai - Loser [Lame album. Sorry to be so frank. 2012? I don't really have any expectations.]

Kareem Manuel - Winner [He gave his previous album out free and released an ok mixtape. He didn't fulfill everything listed on the Rapzilla description, but I would say to still be looking out for him in early/mid 2012.]

Swoope - Winner [He released "Spring Fling". A dope project. 2012? I don't know. He has a full album coming but not sure how it will be.]

Canon - Loser ["Blind World"? Pass. 2012? No telling after the huge disappointment of "Blind World".]

Bizzle - IDK [He released an album but my bias will come into this too much to judge because I really can't get into his music.]

KB - Winner/Loser [He released a nice "mixtape", but no full album. 2012? Hopefully, a nice album.]

KamB.I.N.O. - IDK [Released a mixtape. Again, I'm not really a fan so my bias will come in too much.]

2011 Freshman of the Year: S.O.

Please, don't stone me, it's all just an opinion.

joseph29
01-02-2012, 12:52 AM
good thread
While i agree cannon's mixtape was a bit weak, but u cant deny dude's buzz before the mixtape. Also dude was pretty much outshining every feature he jumped on, so i dont think he lost.

Bridges
01-02-2012, 01:09 AM
I'd say that's pretty accurate. S.O. pulled through more than any of the others. Swoope and Andy Mineo tied for 2nd since both of them joined up with major groups (High Society and Reach, respectively) and both put out dope free projects.

joseph29
01-02-2012, 01:24 AM
I'd say that's pretty accurate. S.O. pulled through more than any of the others. Swoope and Andy Mineo tied for 2nd since both of them joined up with major groups (High Society and Reach, respectively) and both put out dope free projects.
i'd say if we use that criteria we'd have to throw bizzle in the convo, since his album was decent, he started his own record label, and movement.

K3llogz
01-02-2012, 02:00 AM
good thread
While i agree cannon's mixtape was a bit weak, but u cant deny dude's buzz before the mixtape. Also dude was pretty much outshining every feature he jumped on, so i dont think he lost.

I agree with you. Yea his Blind World project was a bit weak but his featured verses outshined many highly esteemed artists. This dude imo has the best flow in the CHH scene, though I'm not a big fan in the meat of his songs (his subject matter). Seems to be ineffective for me for growth as a Christian while other artists can make me sit and meditate on Christ for hours. But I cant deny he does have the best flow in the CHH game. I even heard he's being offered some secular deals. He best not give in >:(