PDA

View Full Version : Saw Captain America, it was straight

Ras
07-22-2011, 08:59 PM
First, as always, take a nerd with you, if you're not one. Yeah, they get annoying yelling out the characters names and all that. But they'll help you with the story and character. It was about 5 nerds who stayed afterwards with the creds. Dude, they were yelling and screaming like they were told they were not the father on
Maury. It was annoying for them screaming "Dungin" and "the Cube". I felt like saying "Shut up, dorks". But thank God for his Spirit. He gave me control.

Anyway, the movie was about a B average. Not better then Thor. And certainly not better then Origins. The dialogue was the biggest drawback. THe movie felt like long at times. And I didn't feel that way in Thor nor Origins. Now the positives. It didn't feel like other Marvel films. Even look wise it didn't have the Marvel look as much. This is def.a more action/adventure type of movie. Which I wasn't expecting. They go right into the origins. So it was no nerdy type stuff to figure out.

Ending was dope (not talking about the after credits). I didn't expect to end the way it did. Tommy Lee was Tommy Lee. But a lot of the acting was not superb. It was good to decent. The action sequence were good but not great. Thor was still better to me in that category. It was a couple of great scenes but that's about it. The Red Face dude (sorry nerds don't remember his name) was a good villian. I was pleased with him. I wish they gave him more time to do more villian type stuff. Captain love interest was a good actress. But other then that, I wasn't really blowed away. A certain marvel character's daddy was good as well.

Negative- As I stated the dialogue was not intriguing. I mean there was some funny parts. But for the most part, eh. CGI, before he became Cap. was terrible. Look like they photoshopped his head on the body. And I wasn't really impressed with fighting. It's only so much of the running, throwing the shield one person can take. Again, I'm not a comic nerd, so I wasn't impressed as the nerds were. But it became redundant.

Should you see, sure. It's a B rating. But don't expect to be blown away if you're a non nerd. Good not great.

K-Train
07-23-2011, 12:52 AM
To the Morning SHow!

Lynaz24
07-23-2011, 09:48 PM
First, as always, take a nerd with you, if you're not one. Yeah, they get annoying yelling out the characters names and all that. But they'll help you with the story and character. It was about 5 nerds who stayed afterwards with the creds. Dude, they were yelling and screaming like they were told they were not the father on
Maury. It was annoying for them screaming "Dungin" and "the Cube". I felt like saying "Shut up, dorks". But thank God for his Spirit. He gave me control.

Anyway, the movie was about a B average. Not better then Thor. And certainly not better then Origins. The dialogue was the biggest drawback. THe movie felt like long at times. And I didn't feel that way in Thor nor Origins. Now the positives. It didn't feel like other Marvel films. Even look wise it didn't have the Marvel look as much. This is def.a more action/adventure type of movie. Which I wasn't expecting. They go right into the origins. So it was no nerdy type stuff to figure out.

Ending was dope (not talking about the after credits). I didn't expect to end the way it did. Tommy Lee was Tommy Lee. But a lot of the acting was not superb. It was good to decent. The action sequence were good but not great. Thor was still better to me in that category. It was a couple of great scenes but that's about it. The Red Face dude (sorry nerds don't remember his name) was a good villian. I was pleased with him. I wish they gave him more time to do more villian type stuff. Captain love interest was a good actress. But other then that, I wasn't really blowed away. A certain marvel character's daddy was good as well.

Negative- As I stated the dialogue was not intriguing. I mean there was some funny parts. But for the most part, eh. CGI, before he became Cap. was terrible. Look like they photoshopped his head on the body. And I wasn't really impressed with fighting. It's only so much of the running, throwing the shield one person can take. Again, I'm not a comic nerd, so I wasn't impressed as the nerds were. But it became redundant.

Should you see, sure. It's a B rating. But don't expect to be blown away if you're a non nerd. Good not great.

Ras, you can't get tired of Capt. America throwing his shield..lol..That's like getting mad at Wolverine popping out his claws, its pretty much his "thing"..This movie was much better than Origins..and the CGI before the change wasn't terrible..The movie was a A- ...I liked it better than Thor, but only by a little.

joseph29
07-23-2011, 10:07 PM
I didnt know too much about the capt before i saw the movie; and i guess they did a good job explaining his powers and everything; but the movie was just ight. the action was pretty repetitive; and honestly from what i got from the movie; without the shield dude isnt much of a super hero. I'm not sure how he would fit in with the avengers like iron man, thor, or the hulk. I mean against regular humans he can do his thing a little bit; but against real villians dude looks like he would get bodied early.
Another thing that bothered me is they never really explained how he got so good in fighting and shooting. They established that he wasnt much of a fighter. They shouldve shown a training montage or something instead of that corny play/movie they did

Lynaz24
07-23-2011, 10:49 PM
I didnt know too much about the capt before i saw the movie; and i guess they did a good job explaining his powers and everything; but the movie was just ight. the action was pretty repetitive; and honestly from what i got from the movie; without the shield dude isnt much of a super hero. I'm not sure how he would fit in with the avengers like iron man, thor, or the hulk. I mean against regular humans he can do his thing a little bit; but against real villians dude looks like he would get bodied early.
Another thing that bothered me is they never really explained how he got so good in fighting and shooting. They established that he wasnt much of a fighter. They shouldve shown a training montage or something instead of that corny play/movie they did

That play/move thing was consistent with the comic. The super soldier serum enhances everything about you. He had the training and stuff to fight but no strength.

The same weakness you had against him should be the same for Thor, who isn't as strong without his Hammer. But, Captain America is just super strong and fast..It's his shield that's his biggest weapon

Ras
07-24-2011, 07:57 AM
Ras, you can't get tired of Capt. America throwing his shield..lol..That's like getting mad at Wolverine popping out his claws, its pretty much his "thing"..This movie was much better than Origins..and the CGI before the change wasn't terrible..The movie was a A- ...I liked it better than Thor, but only by a little.

The nerd I went with said the same thing. That this was better then Origins. Yall, just have some different standards. Simple as that. I would love to see a non-nerd say this. Origins had depth. Magneto was a straight up g. A- for this? You're telling me you didn't feel this movie drag at parts? If so, how can you give this A-?

Thor had way more excellent actors. Better story and action then all these marvel movies this year. Yeah, it was cheesy with love interest best friend. And some of the humor. So, if this is a A-, what the heck was Origins? A b rating? I'm convinced comic nerds view it different then us regular folks because yall know the back story. And get excited when you see the comic book characters yall read about on da screen. "Look, it's Hawkeye!!" smh. Whereas we don't have that background.

Origins directing was dope. Story dope. That was a A- movie. This was a typical action/adventure movie. And not a great one at that. Yeah, his shield might be his m.o. but it's nothing out cold about it. Wolverine sticking his claws in dudes is.

joseph29
07-24-2011, 10:42 AM
The nerd I went with said the same thing. That this was better then Origins. Yall, just have some different standards. Simple as that. I would love to see a non-nerd say this. Origins had depth. Magneto was a straight up g. A- for this? You're telling me you didn't feel this movie drag at parts? If so, how can you give this A-?

Thor had way more excellent actors. Better story and action then all these marvel movies this year. Yeah, it was cheesy with love interest best friend. And some of the humor. So, if this is a A-, what the heck was Origins? A b rating? I'm convinced comic nerds view it different then us regular folks because yall know the back story. And get excited when you see the comic book characters yall read about on da screen. "Look, it's Hawkeye!!" smh. Whereas we don't have that background.

Origins directing was dope. Story dope. That was a A- movie. This was a typical action/adventure movie. And not a great one at that. Yeah, his shield might be his m.o. but it's nothing out cold about it. Wolverine sticking his claws in dudes is.

hold it lynaz was talking about xmen origins? i had no idea which movie he was talking about. That xmen movie so far is the best movie i've see all summer. (yes better than transformers) Like ras said the storyline was great; the interaction btw magneto and professor x was great especially the underlying theme of malcom x vs martin luther king. the action in captain america was no where near x men. What scene in capt is touching the one when that night crawler character was going in and out of the pentagon dropping agents on their heads; or magneto lifting that sub out of the ocean; or the end when all those missiles, bullets, ect... were headed to the mutants and magneto stopped it and sent it right back at them. That xmen movie was easily the best one(even better than the 2nd one); and is crushing capt america movie easily. The only movie i could see that might be better is that new planet of the apes movie; other than that no competition.

P32salm
07-25-2011, 08:26 AM
Not speaking for Lynaz24, but I think Lynaz24 thought you were referring to X-Men Origins: Wolverine, because that was what I first thought when I read Ras' post.
Now I see you guys are referring to X-men: First Class.

Kenya3H
07-25-2011, 08:51 AM
I felt like saying "Shut up, dorks". But thank God for his Spirit. He gave me control.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Lynaz24
07-25-2011, 10:35 AM

What I liked most about it was the "Period context" of the movie. They stayed very 1930-40's with it. The CGI was done well and the action was typical of those stylized war movies.

and I wasn't that hype over Hawkeye..lol..I wanted to see the Hulk tho.

Lynaz24
07-25-2011, 10:38 AM
hold it lynaz was talking about xmen origins? i had no idea which movie he was talking about. That xmen movie so far is the best movie i've see all summer. (yes better than transformers) Like ras said the storyline was great; the interaction btw magneto and professor x was great especially the underlying theme of malcom x vs martin luther king. the action in captain america was no where near x men. What scene in capt is touching the one when that night crawler character was going in and out of the pentagon dropping agents on their heads; or magneto lifting that sub out of the ocean; or the end when all those missiles, bullets, ect... were headed to the mutants and magneto stopped it and sent it right back at them. That xmen movie was easily the best one(even better than the 2nd one); and is crushing capt america movie easily. The only movie i could see that might be better is that new planet of the apes movie; other than that no competition.

I agree that X-Men First Class was better than Captain America. but Ras said Origins which made me think Wolverine Origins, which IMO was an enjoyable but overall bad movie.

Ras
07-25-2011, 10:41 AM
I agree that X-Men First Class was better than Captain America. but Ras said Origins which made me think Wolverine Origins, which IMO was an enjoyable but overall bad movie.

my bad. no i wasn't referring to that trash. Origins of x-men/magneto.

Lynaz24
07-25-2011, 10:45 AM
my bad. no i wasn't referring to that trash. Origins of x-men/magneto.

Then we agree on that, X Men First Class was amazing

SinIsWack
07-25-2011, 11:39 AM
Captin America >>>>>>>>> Wolverine: Origins... That movie was not very good at all imo.First class was dope tho,I hope Wolvey Origins 2 can match it. As long as we get a new director,it should be decent at least.