PDA

View Full Version : We gotta know what we believe

TheKenster33
07-22-2011, 02:35 PM
This is a perfect example of a non Christian using bible terminology incorrectly to confuse a Christian. :huh: Sigh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S_A9ERJWN0

eve
07-22-2011, 03:25 PM
this kind of stuff gets to me. obviously the questioner was an audience plant. but any christian who accepts islam this easily gets the blame as well for refusing to challenge interpretation.

* the RSV still says "only." duh.
* when did jesus teach to be circumcised, not eat pork, & not to drink alcohol?
* muhammad wasn't a "spirit"

dremarshall
07-22-2011, 03:37 PM
you gotta get back to the roots, the fact is Christianity has way too many doctrines, way too much division, & therefore it does have mad holes, man has tampered with it largely, maybe more than any other religion, & I recommend many of you study hebraic roots & understand what you believe....I guarantee this convo would've been done had ol'boy felt he was talking to someone he felt had any knowledge of their faith....He was condescending b/c he knew dude was ignorant!

faylor
07-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Lol. Bad logic. You say he's a God because he has no mother therefore Adam is a greater God since he has no mother and no father.

TheKenster33
07-22-2011, 04:04 PM
this kind of stuff gets to me. obviously the questioner was an audience plant. but any christian who accepts islam this easily gets the blame as well for refusing to challenge interpretation.

* the RSV still says "only." duh.
* when did jesus teach to be circumcised, not eat pork, & not to drink alcohol?
* muhammad wasn't a "spirit"

I am so glad I started studying for myself. A year ago this would've messed me up. Now I just shake my head. This guy has several videos where a Christian basically asks him the same question and he goes into this same condescending answer.

redfrozen
07-22-2011, 04:17 PM
Monogenes is the greek word, which is poorly translated as "Begotten" in the KJV. Mono means one or unique and genes means kind, so it's says that Jesus is the only unique (one of a kind) Son.

I do not claim to know Greek, i am repeating an argument from someone else.

It is so important to know what we believe and why. There are so many logical fallacies that that guy presented...People are laughing and clapping for nothing...(can you say sheeple?)