PDA

View Full Version : Family

Cowboy
07-07-2011, 06:21 AM
Well, first off, let me ask that if you're friends with me on Facebook, please don't mention or discuss any of this with me where others can see it. As of yet, it's not public knowledge and I'd like it to stay that way. So, that's much appreciated, since I'm friends with quite a few of you on there.

Now, here's what's going on. My oldest brother's wife decided to leave him and file for divorce. Not going to get into the particulars of it, aside from that they have two kids together, and that I'd like prayer for all of them(and me, if you don't mind). My brother went through a pretty rough stretch right after it happened, but he's dealing much better with all of it now. It's also encouraging to see him get into the Word even more than he was, and work on his own issues instead of trying to pinpoint hers.

So, if you could pray for strength, wisdom, and people to surround my brother during this time, that would be great. If you could pray for my sister in-law that she would see the seriousness of her decision, and that God would bring her closer to Him, and that He'd put the right people in her life, that would also be great. If you can pray for my nephews(oldest is 5, and the youngest will turn 4 next week) that they will not be affected very negatively by this, that they'll be able to see God's love for them despite the situation, and whatever else you feel appropriate to pray for young children going through their parents divorce.

I'm headed back home for about two weeks(not just for this situation, but also for a family reunion) and I'll be spending a lot of time with my brother, so pray that I have wisdom in what I say, and that I'll be able to be a comfort to him. I'm not sure if I'll see my sister in-law, but if I do, pray that I'll have the right words to say to her as well. We all still love her, this is just a strange situation.

I appreciate the prayers in advance, and again, please don't mention this on Facebook. Thanks everyone.

-Chris

BlackCalvinist
07-07-2011, 10:08 AM
prayers up.