PDA

View Full Version : Just saw Collision with Doug Wilson

Ras
07-05-2011, 08:38 AM
I def. gained some respect for both men. Christopher Hitchens because he came off like a learner in parts of the movie. It wasn't just "I'ma atheist and I know everything". Which is the way he appears on new shows.

Doug Wilson came off as a real person as well. With some good arguments to polk holes in the atheist worldview. I'm not up on him except for the vids yall post on here with his Calvin beer in the background.

I will say this though. The film did seem kinda biased towards Christians. There was no rebuttal shown to when Doug kept making the claim Christopher borrowed from Christianity when making his moral claims. Though it's true, you gotta show how he responds to that. I don't buy for a second that Hitchens was on hush mode everytime he made that claim. So the editing for that was too bias. Hitchens last line about not eliminating religion if he had the chance was deep too.

benjamin
07-05-2011, 08:48 AM
Still have to see this. Thanks for the review.

Douglas Wilson is fantastic on family issues. His series of books on family range from courtship to marriage to fatherhood and raising sons. I couldn't recommend his series of books highly enough. He also has what I think is the best commentary on Ecclesiastes written. A fresh perspective about the joyfulness of the book and it's non-nihilism as many think it teaches. It's really banging.

Ras
07-05-2011, 08:53 AM
here is is. there is some profanity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU0Ue-Ki-mU