PDA

View Full Version : Praise: I got a job

SemperReformanda
06-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Finally got a full-time job (pending my references checking out -- they're from my church. Already been given a start date.) Market Research for a trade-magazine publishing company. Praise God for His provision!

Prayer: I need a car, preferrably two with our insurance claim money from the storm. Our old one was totaled by the tornado.

Again, praise God, and please be praying that God would provide a car(s). (I have a loaner for now.)

d.hyde
06-06-2011, 11:32 PM
Congrats!

SemperReformanda
06-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Update: The job is frustrating. I'm the guy every company hates. I have to call for the magazine subscriptions offices have for their lobbies, and I get hung up, cussed at, and yelled at all day. But I praise God for a job. It's better than McDonalds, the job I had before lol.

Also: During our second 15-minute break a dude named Milton invited me today to a "Bible study" he leads at the Gazebo. It was about 5 of us there, but it was encouraging to see it. Dude actually had some solid thoughts, and I pray God will allow me to live out the Gospel in front of everyone at work. Pray God would provide opportunities for me to both share my faith, and be bold about giving the Gospel. Milton play(-ed..he's on medical hardship scholarship) defensive line for the Univ. of Alabama football team, so it's neat to see him leading everyone each day like that.

SemperReformanda
07-05-2011, 10:31 PM
Update: Engaged in conversation with those sitting in cubicles around me about my church. They saw me reading my ESV Study Bible. One girl put two and two together that I was Presbyterian and believe in "predestination". Not sure how she feels about me, but there was discussion with the woman behind me about why the Apostle's Creed uses the word "holy catholic church". That transitioned into a talk about Catholicism. I simply stated what I know to be true. Others around had questions too. Kinda nerve-racking because I don't know tons, but they think I do because I have a big bible and am reading theological books. So, pray that these conversations are FRUITFUL and don't cause division. I don't want to say anything that steps on anyone's toes. All those around me have said they are "non-denominational" and hate denominations because "we're all Christians, right? As long as we believe in Jesus." So, pray for grace for me in this area. Just pray for me and those around me. Thanks guys!

eternal
07-07-2011, 04:38 PM
awesome bro!