PDA

View Full Version : Provision

SemperReformanda
04-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Fam, I ask you this in all sincerity. Please pray for me. Serious things have happened within this week to thwart my plans of getting a degree (monetary, not grade wise) from this university. Barring a miracle, I won't be getting a degree from here after three years completed. Pray for peace. I'm torn up right now. I don't want to think that I had made this place an idol, but I quite likely had and this could just be God's sovereign way of sanctifying me and delivering me from these idols. Regardless, it's hard to fathom moving back to home, or somewhere else in VA and spending 4 more years recovering lost credits, and finding a full-time job with only minimal skills.

Currently trying to process what it would look like to transfer to Norfolk State, George Mason, or another VA state school. My heart is burdened and sad. I'm in finals week, taking 19 hours, and I'm trying to push through and finish strong but it is really rough.

I just ask you pray for me as I now am in a position that all I can do is rest on the promises of Christ. Whether it's a pride issue, and idol issue, or just a "Semper is just a so-sadder" issue -- I need peace and comfort in a big way. Love you all.

Semper.

CHEMAelMC
04-27-2011, 03:13 PM
May the Lord give you comfort, bro.. and May His Perfect Will be Done.

God bless

eve
04-27-2011, 04:09 PM
praying for you, fam. ace those exams and try and focus all your attention on the task at hand. i was in a similar situation, and then a few calls were made, and in an hour a scholarship came from "nowhere." God is more than able.

SemperReformanda
04-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Thanks, all! Scheduled to meet with my dean/advisor tomorrow around 2-230. Not sure what she will say. Just going to tell her my situation.

eve
04-27-2011, 05:56 PM
don't forget financial aid. oftentimes schools have scholarship funds that aren't publicized.