PDA

View Full Version : Resigning today

icuucme
02-08-2011, 01:18 AM
Umm, need some serious prayers. I've been in my current job for exactly a year now. From day 1 it has been a whole lotta work; on average leaving work over 2 hours over my normal working hours. since i've been working here i've learnt a whole lotta stuff but the constant deadlines by the minute and the overtime almost daily is really tiring.

It's affected my time with God, my relationship with my fiancee etc.

The main problem though, is that, i'm getting married to my beautiful fiancee next month, and financially..i'm almost broke..most of our savings been gone to our house and planning the wedding.

it's something ive really been wrestling with, i dont want my wife to be working and i'm unemployed. but at the same time, i'm not spending enuff time with her and enough time in the Word to guide her. there ive decided to resign from my job, been praying about the decision for months, my fiancee, her mother, my mother is in support of it.

I need prayer to help me to make the right decision and pray for growth in my Faith to continue trusting fully in God.

jeyjey34
02-08-2011, 01:45 AM
Praying. I've been in a similar situation where I was at a job that got in the way of my time with God. Resigning isn't ALWAYS the answer, but if that's what you feel lead to do, then do what you have to do.

Continue to seek the Lord and trust that He will provide a better situation for you and your fiancee.